How much do bank tellers make

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 221)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

mvm89 in West Sacramento, California

37 months ago

I just got hired as a teller in the east bay area at wells fargo making 11.75/hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in San Francisco, California

37 months ago

mvm89 in West Sacramento, California said: I just got hired as a teller in the east bay area at wells fargo making 11.75/hr

I had both the group interview and the 1-on-1 interview yesterday. Everything went out positive, even told me I can work on these specific days. But, they didn't say I was hired or not. Do you know how long it'll take them to contact me? And do you know if San Francisco's teller get paid more?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nunya in Grand Rapids, Michigan

37 months ago

annie in Fort Lee, New Jersey said: Could you advise the pre employment screening process at PNC Bank? Do they do the whole nine yards - credit check, drug test, criminal check, etc?

The whole nine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rico Magallon in Meridian, Idaho

37 months ago

i work at wells Fargo and make 10.50 an hour no experience and it increases 50 cents every 3 months and stops at 11.50 then its a yearly thing depends on sales and customer satisfaction

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

back to work mom in Granger, Indiana

37 months ago

nicki in South Orange, New Jersey said: Pnc start you off at 13.21 per hour
Bank of America is 10.50
Chase is 11.50 wachovia is 12
how do I know?..i worked for all of them nd i still have friends that work there that keep me updated.

Do you want to make good money as a teller...work for a credit union. for me, the credit union that i work for started me at 19.04 per hour as a teller..if you have no experience they start you off at 17.22 per hour....i love it....there is no federal rules or regulations..they are flexible and not so strict i love it.....and they are paying for my school tuition ......

what credit union do you work for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dsrjrr in Appomattox, Virginia

36 months ago

our local credit unions dont pay much at all they are a smaller institution so the funding is not there as with larger banks!

Amber in Phoenix, Arizona

36 months ago

I been workin as a teller for a month now and dey started me at $9.46. In 2months I'll be reviewed and eligable for a 3-6.5% raise.

noname in Belmar, New Jersey

36 months ago

AH2011 in Pomona, California said: I am looking into becoming a teller at Wells Fargo I have worked at a cafe and restaurant but I want a different experience. Is it a good job? Is it super stressful? what if you dont always meet the quotas even if you offer them to every customer do they really fire you? Is it hard to meet their quotas?

don,t even think ab out wells fargo. i worked for wachovia and then the transition to wells. big differene, much more pressure for a teller to met sales credits, so much. raises are terrible and you are not appreciated at all. belive me no one is happy there. worked there 3 years.

Rebecca in Douglasville, Georgia

36 months ago

I worked at Key Bank in upstate NY starting off with no experience at $10. Another teller, who started with me and was horrible, was making $10.75 so I actually went up to my boss and said I needed a raise. It was very hush hush and took minimal effort as my performance was outstanding compared to hers. I have since moved to GA and was offered a position at Bank of America for $11.50 an hour with a year of teller experience. When you get a call from a recruiter and they ask is the pay is ok with you, do not be afraid to ask if it is negotiable. You pretty much got the job if they called and told you this, so it will not help. Be assertive! Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

our h in Vancouver, Washington

36 months ago

I get paid 10.50 an hour with Wells Fargo. As a teller with low experiance. And training is good and easy to learn

Justis Royster in Sacramento, California

36 months ago

lauren in Castro Valley, California said: i make 22/hr at 35hrs/week

How many years did you work there to make 22/hr?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

snowball in Roberts, Wisconsin

36 months ago

I have an interview on Mon. with a bank in Hudson, WI. Does anybody know what the salary is for a teller in Hudson? I have 3 years of experience as a teller and 9 months as a loan secretary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lisa d in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

whey nick in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi, I really need help with my application for a bank teller job. Can you please help me out if you have the time? I would really appreciate it. You can e-mail me at wheynick@yahoo.com

HI there...do you have a credit union you like best?

I am in Philly now, looking for work...originally from Seattle and would love to get back there

Lisa

banker4ever in Modesto, California

35 months ago

Cmciver in Lafayette, Indiana said: Do you have to take a drug screen working at a bank?

nope - no drug test, but you have to be fingerprinted and bonded w/the feds so you better not have a record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Charlotte, North Carolina

35 months ago

Katie in Raleigh, North Carolina said: what credit union?

Hello,
I have worked for credit union in Cgarlotte, NC with 2 year experience they started me out for $12.50

Chase Bank in Flushing, New York

35 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50
how do I know?..i worked for all of them nd i still have friends that work there that keep me updated.

Do you want to make good money as a teller...work for a credit union. for me, the credit union that i work for started me at 19.04 per hour as a teller..if you have no experience they start you off at 17.22 per hour....i love it....there is no federal rules or regulations..they are flexible and not so strict i love it.....and they are paying for my school tuition......

You have experience worked in chase bank. Could you tell me what kind of backgroudn does chase bank do? I heard they do fingerprint backgroudn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Bronx, New York

35 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50

Do you want to make good money as a teller...work for a credit union. for me, the credit union that i work for started me at 19.04 per hour as a teller..if you have no experience they start you off at 17.22 per hour....i love it....there is no federal rules or regulations..they are flexible and not so strict i love it.....and they are paying for my school tuition......

Thanks for the info!! do you know any credit union bank I can apply to in nyc ( no experience)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Wilmington, Delaware

34 months ago

What is the easiest bank to get a teller job at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

I might work for pnc in Bloomfield, New Jersey

34 months ago

anon in Wilmington, Delaware said: What is the easiest bank to get a teller job at?

getting a job as a teller could be tricky. I've been searching since last september. I've done so many phone interviews, but most of the times they try to locate you in a different location than the one you apply since they fill the positions very quickly. You just have to keep trying, and applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marisole in Memphis, Tennessee

34 months ago

When I worked as a bank teller, I started out a 9.50. I got a small raise to 9.67. Tellers DO NOT make much.

34 months ago

When I worked as a bank teller, I started out a 9.50. I got a small raise to 9.67. Tellers DO NOT make much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

blahblah in Bonney Lake, Washington

34 months ago

ATI ......Accreditation in Frisco, Texas said: Far to little to risk your life of being robbed at gun point. Not that uncommon around the US even in low crime areas.

Bank robbers typically use notes that imply guns/bombs etc, rather than actually using a gun. Jail time for implied weapon is much less than if they actually use a weapon & they know it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Most banks have bullet proof windows that the tellers sit behind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nash in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50

can you please tell me the name of the credit union you work for

Sameer in Parlin, New Jersey

34 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50

How do I get one of those credit union jobs? and I live near south orange, do you mind if I ask which one you work at?

Carissa in Longmont, Colorado

34 months ago

nash in Houston, Texas said: can you please tell me the name of the credit union you work for

Carissa in Longmont, Colorado

Did you like being a bank teller? I'm thinking about applying for a teller job. I have some experience but not much with money... But none as a bank teller.... But need a better job with better hours. I'm not one for putting myself out there too much but I can try. When you started was it hard?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

vicky@boston in Boston, Massachusetts

34 months ago

Does anyone knows hows the pay for teller in Boston, MA ??

vicky@boston in Boston, Massachusetts

34 months ago

Does anyone knows hows the pay for teller at Bank of America Boston, MA?
I am applying a teller position at Bank of America.

Jewels in Sunnyvale, California

34 months ago

tiffany in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: What credit union do you work for? What the website?

Can you email me where you work please!!! :D

Jewels in Sunnyvale, California

34 months ago

Jess2white in Los Angeles, California said: at what credit union do you work for?

I live in Los Angeles, and would like to know what's the website were to apply for that position and salary rate, :)

Kayla@georgia in Temple, Georgia

34 months ago

I am so glad I stumbled onto this website!! Learned a lot from all of those postings. I am looking for a job as a teller part-time or full-time. Because of what I have learned I'm going to begin looking at Credit Unions first (thank you Nicki!). I am going back to school, so I'd like to make enough money to make it worth my while. Just closed my own business after 13 years, victim of the economy. I was a teller many, many years ago, I'm sure things have changed a lot since then, but I did enjoy it. Thanks for all of the info everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

joyce in Johannesburg, South Africa

33 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50

i am very much interested

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mhm hbn in Hyderabad, India

33 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50

What are the minimum requirements to earn this job ?

Anteneh in Madison, Wisconsin

33 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50

I have good experience as a teller and also with a good knowledge in accounting that maks my work so effective.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anteneh in Madison, Wisconsin

33 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50

I have good experience as a teller and also with a good knowledge in accounting that maks my work so effective. let me know if you gays are hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ladya in West Hartford, Connecticut

33 months ago

Hey. Lots of helpful advice here. Have a question considering BOA. So I went to an open house two weeks ago, had an interview with one of the managers, received an assessment thru email a few days ago, completed it and today a recruiter tried reaching me but my phone didn't work. She sent me an email telling me to get back to her.
What are the next steps? I have previous xp working as a teller for Wells, made 10.5/hr there and know what the sales pressure is. It's really hard to find anything right now, but honestly speaking, I can't get back to making so little money, especially that it would be part time. Can I negotiate the rate? I was thinking 12-13/hr. What do you guys think?

rachel23love in Waterbury, Connecticut

33 months ago

ladya in West Hartford, Connecticut said: Hey. Lots of helpful advice here. Have a question considering BOA. So I went to an open house two weeks ago, had an interview with one of the managers, received an assessment thru email a few days ago, completed it and today a recruiter tried reaching me but my phone didn't work. She sent me an email telling me to get back to her.
What are the next steps? I have previous xp working as a teller for Wells, made 10.5/hr there and know what the sales pressure is. It's really hard to find anything right now, but honestly speaking, I can't get back to making so little money, especially that it would be part time. Can I negotiate the rate? I was thinking 12-13/hr. What do you guys think?

Hi, I noticed you were from CT as well. I was just wondering if you could help me out a bit. I applied recently to Wells Fargo in Meriden for a part-time teller. I've done the phone interview and have a face-to-face interview on Thursday. During the phone interview the woman said starting pay was $12/hr, which I think is quite reasonable. I have no bank experience, just customer service. How bad is the sales part??? It's kind of frightening to me as I did not know that was such a big deal. As to your question: I would absolutely ask for $12/hr because that's what Wells Fargo in Meriden just told me the starting pay was on Monday!

33 months ago

The sales... Don't where to start. I worked for Wells in the Midwest where Wells has been for a very long time and I think it's gonna be a little different out east at least for a while. Wells took Wachovia which you prolly know about and I don't think it's in their best interest to make really drastic changes. I have made a few observations though by going to different branches out here.
In Wells in the Midwest you are supposed to always introduce yourself, use the customer's name and ALWAYS engage in a conversation to establish rapport and then find out what the customer might need - what you can sell him. You cannot simply say I recommend this and that product because you talk like a typical salesman. Out here nobody tried talking to me, if only for a few seconds, about sth different than "Do you want your receipt"? etc., nobody treated me as a valued customer by using my name and trying to make me feel "at home". To sum up, I don't know how they train their employees here cause without small talk you are NOT going to make a sale.
Back to your question. Yes, you have to sell. They raise the bar all the time. Your manager is on your case all the time.Lots of micromanaging. Your manager observes you and rates your service 80 % of the time. If you've done well one day, it will only matter that day, next day you're supposed to perform same or even better. Lots of questions like, how r u going to meet your goal today etc. If you don't perform the first quarter, you might get away with it cause it's your rookie period, no mercy on the next one - you will be written up.
I wouldn't have minded working for Wells if I hadn't had mindless, brainwashed direct manager who was unable to deliver constructive criticism. Am not trying to discourage you cause a lot depends on this very intelligent manager who can back you up, lead you to advance and gives you fair feedback. Sales are doable, again it all depends on how your manager leads you...Good luck!

rachel23love in Waterbury, Connecticut

33 months ago

Thank you for your response! I've been reading things on this website, as well as different forums about the sales aspect and it does make me nervous but I won't let it scare me off--haven't even been hired yet! I just figure if I try it and don't like it I'll stick it out for as long as I can while trying to find something different. I have no children to support thankfully and I plan on going back to school asap(I just have an associates right now)so it's not the end of the world. I'm trying to stay positive, who knows I might like it! Good luck to you too!

33 months ago

That's the right spirit to adopt. My advice is to be genuine to customers and for sure you'll make sales. Hopefully, your managers will be really supportive and true leaders.
I know I keep talking about managers a lot, but I do believe certain skills can't be taught, you just kinda have to be born with a leader gene.
Btw, Wells offers great benefits and they do pay for some of the school tuition so you should take advantage of that too.
It's natural to worry, especially if you have not done a lot of sales before, but if you have xp in customer service, you should do fine. Take care.

dvs08 in Melbourne, Florida

32 months ago

Ive been working for retail for 4 years and hate it! Pay is crap and you get treated like a maid. How do you apply for a bank teller? Do you apply on their bank website or go into the branch and ask? Any advice?

32 months ago

dvs08 in Melbourne, Florida said: Ive been working for retail for 4 years and hate it! Pay is crap and you get treated like a maid. How do you apply for a bank teller? Do you apply on their bank website or go into the branch and ask? Any advice?

I would definitely go to their website. Also, look out for open houses and career fairs.
That is exactly how I was hired. Went to an open house in one of the branches, had an interview with one of the executives there and left my resume there. Few weeks after that, they sent me an email that started all the recruitment process: online assessment, chat with a recruiter, hr, interview with a branch manager. I do not recommend applying through Career Builder. Although, I do recommend posting your resume there cause then you get notifications about open houses/career fairs. Going to the branch is not a bad idea either, especially if you have an account at the bank you are interested in. You have a nice chat with a teller, find out if they are hiring and then ask whether you can use her name as a referral. Doubt they'll say no, cause if you get hired, they get a bonus for referring a person who got hired. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gagawoolala in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

how much commission does part time BoA teller usually get?

dvs08 in Melbourne, Florida

32 months ago

ladya in West Hartford, Connecticut said: I would definitely go to their website. Also, look out for open houses and career fairs.
That is exactly how I was hired. Went to an open house in one of the branches, had an interview with one of the executives there and left my resume there. Few weeks after that, they sent me an email that started all the recruitment process: online assessment, chat with a recruiter, hr, interview with a branch manager. I do not recommend applying through Career Builder. Although, I do recommend posting your resume there cause then you get notifications about open houses/career fairs. Going to the branch is not a bad idea either, especially if you have an account at the bank you are interested in. You have a nice chat with a teller, find out if they are hiring and then ask whether you can use her name as a referral. Doubt they'll say no, cause if you get hired, they get a bonus for referring a person who got hired. Good luck.

Thank you very much. You pointed out some good options. I have been trying to apply on the banks website but they either have no job positions or they dont have what Im interested in. I will definatly look for job fairs in my area. Thank you.!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

angel2lace in Memphis, Tennessee

32 months ago

bank of amr, 1st tn

angel2lace in Memphis, Tennessee

32 months ago

Ive worked at almost all the banks in Memphis; they all start out at 10.00 per hr. {teller} Regions credit card customer service position was 12.00 The credit unions also 9.50 or 10.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kxiong in Saint Paul, Minnesota

32 months ago

has anyone ever worked with Citizens Community Federal before? if so, how much do they pay you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MissToni88 in Madison, Ohio

32 months ago

I have an interview with pnc tommorow. the recruiter told me the starting pay for part time would be 9.50. i have already finished 2 phone interviews and passed the assessment.

No bank experience. 4years in retail customer service thought.

helpful info maybe for someone

Dora in Dobbs Ferry, New York

32 months ago

Can anyone know, how will you come to know about the chase teller assessment result? I took the assessment test couple of weeks before. When I finish the test I got a message saying after reviewing your qualifications some one from recruiting department will call you back. what that means? Did I pass the test or not?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Britt in Miami, Florida

32 months ago

How much does a Credit Union in Florida pay?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.