How much do bank tellers make

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 215)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

TL in conn. in Naugatuck, Connecticut

36 months ago

Nick in Oak Brook, Illinois said: Can someone PLEASE give the right web-site for Credit Union bank? When I put that name in Google, I got plenty of results and I don't know which web-site is THE official web-site for the Credit Union bank. Please help a foreigner. Thank you.

I know I'm 18 months too late, but I still wanted to reply to your message, as I've just seen it for the first time. It is my understanding that credit unions are separate entities. Some are affiliated with local governments, some are privately owned. My suggestion would be to do a internet search of credit unions in your local area.

I hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cinderella in Seattle, Washington

35 months ago

I just start working at b of a almost one month till oct 7th, the whole hiring process only took me 3 and 1/2 weeks, I heard from my coworkers they all took about 2 or 3 months to get hired, they all shocked when they know I got hired so quick. So yeah, they offer me 12/hr, I thought it's pretty good to me, oh, also, they desire a bilingual.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

omar2200 in Basking Ridge, New Jersey

35 months ago

hey can anyone help me with my resume, i feel its missing something. ill pay. aahmed455@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Noreen in Sicklerville, New Jersey

35 months ago

nicki in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Tellers should not be making no less then 11 bucks an hour. It is a very detailed oriented job and you are entrusted with personal information and cash. My sister just got hired at TD Bank North here in jersey 3 months ago and the started her off at $13.65 an hour, with no teller experience. At my current job at the credit union, I got a 4.75% raise and now my pay is $18.03 per hour. And that is all mines, no need to pay for health benefits because its free, pension is great and the assist in my tuition. My sis who is 20 yrs old is loving the money that she is making plus the experience.

What are the names of these credit unions? What is the hiring process, and is there a test that needs to be taking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lizzylynn in Buffalo, New York

35 months ago

not all credit unions! i just quit one this week and they were so cheap! 9.39 an hr to bust your ass doing everyone elses work. plus payin out for the health insurance, id have literally 5 bux to my name! horrible!!! QUOTE who="nicki in South Orange, New Jersey"]Pnc start you off at 13.21 per hour
Bank of America is 10.50
Chase is 11.50 wachovia is 12
how do I know?..i worked for all of them nd i still have friends that work there that keep me updated.

Do you want to make good money as a teller...work for a credit union. for me, the credit union that i work for started me at 19.04 per hour as a teller..if you have no experience they start you off at 17.22 per hour....i love it....there is no federal rules or regulations..they are flexible and not so strict i love it.....and they are paying for my school tuition......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

porscha in Stockton, California

34 months ago

nicki in South Orange, New Jersey said: Pnc start you off at 13.21 per hour
Bank of America is 10.50
how do I know?..i worked for all of them nd i still have friends that work there that keep me updated.

Do you want to make good money as a teller...work for a credit union. for me, the credit union that i work for started me at 19.04 per hour as a teller..if you have no experience they start you off at 17.22 per hour....i love it....there is no federal rules or regulations..they are flexible and not so strict i love it.....and they are paying for my school tuition......

Do you know how much wells fargo makes as tellers i think people are scared to fill out application for banks because they think its hard to get into can you give me some helpful advice on the application part

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anna Belle in Blountville, Tennessee

33 months ago

I have been applying for teller jobs to banks and credit unions for 3 months now! I have no experience in customer service or cash handling, but I have two degrees. I don't know what I am doing wrong! It is so frustrating. I applied online for a Member Services Rep at a credit union, and I am going to take a copy of my resume by tomorrow and talk to the branch manager. Hopefully this will help since they can put a face with a name.

If any of you don't have any experience, how did you get hired? Did you just keep applying, or going to the bank/credit union in person?

Any help will be appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

klym in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

whey nick in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi, I really need help with my application for a bank teller job. Can you please help me out if you have the time? I would really appreciate it. You can e-mail me at wheynick@yahoo.com

Hi Nick!
now is your turn helping me with an application form, please!!!!

Maika in West Sacramento, California

33 months ago

ruby3737 in Albany, Georgia said: what bank, not location, just the name is fine?

Bank of hawaii

anna in Trenton, New Jersey

33 months ago

sovereign starts at 12.40....

Mili143 in New York, New York

32 months ago

Melba in Charlotte, North Carolina said: What state on you in ......? I know it will vary and I am wondering about salaries as tellers in North Carolina...

Can you help me? I really want to work for chase.

Mili143 in New York, New York

32 months ago

porscha in Stockton, California said: Do you know how much wells fargo makes as tellers i think people are scared to fill out application for banks because they think its hard to get into can you give me some helpful advice on the application part

Can you help me? I really wanna work for chase so bad

hesn92 in Lenexa, Kansas

32 months ago

When I got a call about a job they said they were paying somewhere around 10-13 dollars an hour, I can't quite remember. I didn't end up following through with that. All I know is, you can make better money working as a server at a restaurant, so that's what I did.

Excited in Sunnyvale, California

32 months ago

I got a job in BoFA through a referral.I do not have any teller or customer service exp, except for operations exp 8 yrs ago. It's easier this way, no group interviews. All those out there, just keep applying, or better yet find a friend who works there and ask to be referred.

rebecca _521 in sandy springs, Georgia

31 months ago

whey nick in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Jay, I really need a job desperately and I'm having trouble with the Chase application. Can you help me out please? I would really appreciate the help. You can e-mail me at wheynick@yahoo.com so we can get in touch. Thank you.

hey i just filled out an apliction at chase and i have a interview friday i would say make friends with somebody high up with your bank of intrest that way you can throw their name out there(im sure that is really what got me the interview) also try to get the recruters number to talk to them and let them know your intrested then call the banks and let then know to keep a lookout or just simply go in there also when filling out the application fill in every box ( part time fulltime nights weekends days on call) everything also say you live in ga just put in united stated and ga dont be so specific to say.....cumming ga cause you might get 4 or 5 things so just put all of ga good luck

also its careers.jpmorganchase.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rebecca _521 in sandy springs, Georgia

31 months ago

Dora in Dobbs Ferry, New York said: Can anyone know, how will you come to know about the chase teller assessment result? I took the assessment test couple of weeks before. When I finish the test I got a message saying after reviewing your qualifications some one from recruiting department will call you back. what that means? Did I pass the test or not?

you probably passed it try and find out that the recruters number is for your state and the them kow that you are very intrested and pretty much keep on them and call the banks you applied to and let them kow to look out for your application thats what i did and rigt after i got off the phone with the recruter i called the branches i applied to and got a interview right then (it also helps if you know somebody high up that knows alota people im sure thahts what helped me too) good luck

pooja in East Brunswick, New Jersey

31 months ago

tiffany in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: What credit union do you work for? What the website?

How to apply for the credit union,can you please tell me the website?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jee in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

wells start you off at 10
bofa starts you at 11.30
idk about chase and wachovia is long gone.
capital one starts you at 12

robeeezy in Birmingham, Michigan

30 months ago

comerica= 20.52 an hour. =)))

chase in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

broke in Port Chester, New York said: 10.75 is NOT livable .... Gas is currently around 3.99 a gallon, a low priced very small apartment is $900- $1000. I am currently employed as a credit union teller at $12.45...I calculated it and to rent an apt every month, pay car insurance, basic prescriptions, gas for the year, and it leaves you with $800 for food, clothes, other basic needs and anything else that may come up in one year...

bank tellers should get paid at least enough to live a comfortable life considering the amount of work and responsibility they have.

fellow bank tellers i have a question about how many transactions do you do on most days???

I do on a steady 8hr work day; 250+ transactions, on a Friday/Saturday Over 400!

I am a 40hr teller AND VAULT Custodian at Chase, and started at $10 hr. a few months ago!This year I git my raise; so now i'm at $10.19 !! SMH I'm looking to work for a CU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chase in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

Chase in Houston area start off at $10.00 + monthly incentive for sales, I've seen some tellers get $250+ just in one month!

GREAT benefits, paid vacations, personal days, Holidays and Floaters!.
Plus you get bonuses after campaigns, $$ depends on how the branch performed.

I love working for Chase! It's a good company, and they want GREAT employees!.

But, yes it's hard and a lot of responsibility!

adrou in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50

How and where can I find credit union banks? I am in a desperate need of a good paying job pls tell me

o in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

i dont know

hey heyy in San Francisco, California

29 months ago

I have been working for chase for a little over a year and was hired on at 13/hr. They say they don't require you to refer but each referral is commission. They will push for you to do so though but compared to Wells Fargo and other banks your required to meet a quota.

didi in Lexington, Kentucky

29 months ago

Hey, I'm very interested to do tellering , I did not work it before but I have over 6 years sales and marketing experience.
wish to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
DiDi.

jobidin123 in Santa Rosa, California

29 months ago

your or more likely to be robbed working at a grocery store or fast food restaruant then at a large bank and i believe you put your life at risk every time you walk out of your house, heck your risk of being robbed at gun point in your own home. Any ways my point is dont let fear keep you from living your life

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jobidin123 in Santa Rosa, California

29 months ago

your or more likely to be robbed working at a grocery store or fast food restaruant then at a large bank and i believe you put your life at risk every time you walk out of your house, heck your risk of being robbed at gun point in your own home. Any ways my point is dont let fear keep you from living your life

whaat in Berkeley, California

28 months ago

eww I thought they made at least like $13-15, but that's as much as you'd get paid at like McDonalds or something. well there goes two hours of my life wasted applying to bank teller positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

hello in Herndon, Virginia

28 months ago

whey nick in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi, I really need help with my application for a bank teller job. Can you please help me out if you have the time? I would really appreciate it. You can e-mail me at wheynick@yahoo.com

which credit union do you work for?

hello in Herndon, Virginia

28 months ago

which credit union do you work for?

Bluetea in Texas

28 months ago

whaat in Berkeley, California said: eww I thought they made at least like $13-15, but that's as much as you'd get paid at like McDonalds or something. well there goes two hours of my life wasted applying to bank teller positions.

That would be for a Senior Teller. Bank tellers usually make around $10-$12.00 an hour, depending on your area.

They don't make very much and the hours are sometimes horrible but it is/was a fairly easy job to get.

- former bank teller.

Taisha in Elizabeth, New Jersey

28 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50

Do you want to make good money as a teller...work for a credit union . for me, the credit union that i work for started me at 19.04 per hour as a teller..if you have no experience they start you off at 17.22 per hour....i love it....there is no federal rules or

regulations..they are flexible and not so strict i love it.....and they are paying for my school
tuition......

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THAT...THE THOUGHT O
F WORKING AT A CREDIT UNION NEVER CROSSED MIND UNTIL NOW..EMAIL ME degandtaisha@gmail.com

Devin452001 in Baltimore, Maryland

27 months ago

Bank of America started me at 12.30 im 21 and majoring in business management. That might have helped me.

Anon in Dallas, Texas

27 months ago

As of 2012 the minimum rate at boa is 11.30. You've got to be able to make your refferals though.it affects ypur performance.

kristi5676 in Ashtabula, Ohio

27 months ago

I've been out of banking for a number of years. Truth is nowadays your credit report is a huge factor in whether you even get an entry level job at a bank or any job therein for that matter. If your own finances are in jeopardy you are more of a risk. Handling a delivery of 200K or more in cash to break down for the vault is a heady experience if you are broke.

I'm about to try getting back into the game. The last time my credit was awful due to numerous things going on in the world I had no control over. Hubby and I have clawed our way back.

I've worked at two hometownish banks. Teller, then floating teller. Then while floating, one of the managers at the branch I was at scored as Vice President of the other hometownish bank. She liked my work and recruited me to be the head teller of their two branches. Eventually it turned into me being Head of Savings.

Thing is, in my first two weeks I had a major snafu. I forgot the protocol. I got distracted by a new co-worker and we walked into early morning bank robbers. Kicked myself over and over again over that. Went through the whole FBI thing.

Realize that as an employee of a bank or credit union there are risks. How you handle them makes the difference.

Now I want back in the game because my factory job is killing me. The physical labor will drop me slower than the gun in my face, but still drop me.

27 months ago

jobidin123 in Santa Rosa, California said: your or more likely to be robbed working at a grocery store or fast food restaruant then at a large bank and i believe you put your life at risk every time you walk out of your house, heck your risk of being robbed at gun point in your own home. Any ways my point is dont let fear keep you from living your life

Very true. As an assistant manager at a fast food place it was unnerving to have to drop the deposit off in the nightdrop at 1 AM. In banking, at least the robbers have to really work for it. Lots of planning. Lots of staking out the facility.

27 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: That would be for a Senior Teller. Bank tellers usually make around $10-$12.00 an hour, depending on your area.

They don't make very much and the hours are sometimes horrible but it is/was a fairly easy job to get.

- former bank teller.

In retrospect, banking hours aren't horrid. So you might have to work until 8PM on a Friday night if a teller is way out of balance on a drawer? But it's all first shift. And your hands get dirty from handling cash. That's nothing.

Far worse to work at a factory that mandatories 3AM to 3PM shifts, or vise-versa, 3-4 days a week.

quynh in Anaheim, California

26 months ago

Jon from MA said: Wow I'm looking over these comments... I hope to hell some of these people can count better than they can form simple sentences and use semi-proper English. Lol ;)

omg dude i was thinking the same thing! i was getting so annoyed just reading them and shaking my head. haha.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sadiye in Seattle, Washington

26 months ago

Bank of America is 10.50

Do you want to make good money as a teller...work for a credit union . for me, the credit union that i work for started me at 19.04 per hour as a teller..if you have no experience they start you off at 17.22 per hour....i love it....there is no federal rules or regulations..they are flexible and not so strict i love it.....and they are paying for my school tuition......

Hi,
I am an experienced teller, I worked for almost 10 years and I just applied for a credit union which their pay is from $11 to 13.50. I'm not good talking about the salary when they ask me that how much I like to make.

Are you still working at the same credit union? Is it possible to get the name, I also like to find a job and work at that place.

Ellilibeth in Portland, Oregon

25 months ago

hi, i just got hired as a floating teller for US bank. I dont have any preious teller experience, but have had retail and customer service experience, along with being a manager in retail. i felt that the hours are a lot better in banking, and they are starting me off at 40 hours a week, and 12 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

If you don't mind, which credit union is that? Banks always pay less, it's good to find a place like yours who pays 19.04, lucky you..If I know that who pays that much, I also like to apply.

25 months ago

I have almost 10 years bank teller experience. I worked very hard and did a lot of different things. The bank managers always say that "you are the most important person at the bank because customers come to you first" something like this. Yes, this is what they say, but they are not fair to their tellers at all!! Tellers works very hard, they have a lot of responsibilities, and they stand up all day, every day on their feet. Unfortunately, they are the people who get paid less than most employees at the bank. Is it fair? If tellers are so important for the bank which is true why they still don't get a good pay?

However, even if you have a teller experience, they still like to pay you $11.00,$12.00 or little more like 12.50 or 13.00 who knows...I hope some day, they (Bank Managers) really pay good to their tellers to show that what they say about "tellers are the most important person" are their true and sincere feelings and they really mean it!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JNCOPROOF in Fort Wayne, Indiana

24 months ago

i started at 3 rivers FCU and my beginning salary is 11.25/hour in Fort wayne, indiana...

JNCOPROOF in Fort Wayne, Indiana

24 months ago

JNCOPROOF in Fort Wayne, Indiana said: i started at 3 rivers FCU and my beginning salary is 11.25/hour in Fort wayne, indiana...

i also get about 32 to 39 hours a week....not bad to start!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Geanine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

snguy in Huntington Beach, California said: How much does UNION BANK Teller make?? anybody know??

If your talking about credit union tellers, they make anywhere from 11.00-13.00/hr depending on the credit union

TheTallestTeller in Dallas, Texas

21 months ago

I need to find a financial institution that will pay more for a teller who has more than a year's perior experience as a bank teller. Where I work now I am making $10.09, and haven't had a raise since I finished my newbie training over a year ago.

21 months ago

Geanine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: If your talking about credit union tellers, they make anywhere from 11.00-13.00/ hr depending on the credit union

The only credit unions I ever applied to wouldn't pay more than $9.50 [Northern DFW-Texas area]

21 months ago

Sadiye in Seattle, Washington said: I really like to know which credit union is that? I also like to make 19.04 or more!!

There is no Wachovia anymore. Wells Fargo bought them out over a year ago

Anon in Reston, Virginia

20 months ago

I am trying to get teller job in DC metro area..I dont have any exp in USA,I worked in my home country in a bank for 2 years .
Various banks offered me $ 10-$12/hr
BoA -12
capital one - 12
Suntrust- 10
Wells fargo-11.50-12.50

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chase T in Fort Worth, Texas

18 months ago

samuel in Charlotte, North Carolina said: i want to know how much bunk tellers amke.

Anywhere between minimum wage, and on average: 10-11 dollars/hour (not factoring prior banking experience)

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.