How much do bank tellers make

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 214 of 214)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

Chase T in Fort Worth, Texas

18 months ago

mluna146 in Harrington Park, New Jersey said: HI, im interested in knowing which bank pays around 22$. And what qualifications did you need to make that amount. Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.

Wells Fargo pays around that amount for a PB1 - Personal Banker. Plus bonus incentives every quarter, and business focuses every month that add a little extra cash to your payout

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Fort Worth, Texas

18 months ago

Cmciver in Lafayette, Indiana said: Do you have to take a drug screen working at a bank ?

If you are concerned with drug screening, you might be better off elsewhere. Most banks have you do a federal background check as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

penAlope in Mechanicsville, Virginia

16 months ago

one of my friends has been working at a credit union for about 2 years now. i don't know what she started with but i think she makes over $12/hour now. I've been applying to the credit union, BB&T, Union First Market, EVB and they all seem to start at $10/hour. really wish i could get a job at one. i've been working 5 years at a dry cleaner and only make $8/hour and my hours were cut in half last summer :( i've been interested in working as a teller ( i kinda like working with money, making sure the cash register at me current job is always correct) i just do horrible with the phone interview especially the usual question they ask "why do you want to work here?" i have to call two banks tomorrow so i've been trying to research them a bit and prepare my answers. really hope i can get one of these jobs.

n/a in Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

And that's exactly why I quit WACHOVIA before they officially became WELLS FARGO because all they wanted was sales, sales, sales. The selling aspect was more important than my drawer balancing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Viviana in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

13 months ago

anna in Trenton, New Jersey said: sovereign starts at 12.40....

Hi, what experience did they hire you with?

MysticPizza in Newark, Delaware

13 months ago

I'll have to agree with everyone who said Wells Fargo tellers have to SELL SELL SELL. I was there for the conversion, and I will have to say I enjoyed being a teller for Wachovia, but not so much for Wells Fargo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sadiye in Seattle, Washington

13 months ago

I worked at Wells Fargo over four years. Yes, they push you a lot for sales, but I never had a problem with that because I was always above my goals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Koeh in Greenport, New York

11 months ago

I started off at $13 per hour at Capital One, start at BOA this coming week at $14.25 an hour with 10 months experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dave

9 months ago

Nichol in Murrieta, California said: are you still able to help people get job there?

What union's would you suggest applying for?

Giovani

8 months ago

nicki in South Orange, New Jersey said: Pnc start you off at 13.21 per hour
Bank of America is 10.50
Chase is 11.50 wachovia is 12
how do I know?..i worked for all of them nd i still have friends that work there that keep me updated.

Do you want to make good money as a teller...work for a credit union . for me, the credit union that i work for started me at 19.04 per hour as a teller..if you have no experience they start you off at 17.22 per hour....i love it....there is no federal rules or regulations..they are flexible and not so strict i love it.....and they are paying for my school tuition......

What exactly is a credit union?
I'd like work as a teller but i have no experience in that.
What is the difference between credit union and bank?
Live in northern va close to dc, are there any good opportunities there?
Trying to save money for college and pay my expenses basically
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

I also heard that credit union pays more. If you work at credit union, they train you for everything such as loans and you get more responsibilities. Look at the internet to find credit unions around you because they are everywhere. Credit unions also give a better deal for their customers, better rates or interest for their accounts. Last summer, I opened a new account at BECU and very happy with their offers. They are also hiring. Again, all you need to go to internet and search for credit unions.

You can make it, good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ivan S in Chicago, Illinois

28 days ago

lauren in Castro Valley, California said: i make 22/ hr at 35hrs/week

What bank?

27 days ago

bim in Eagle River, Alaska said: my first time to be a teller, will start on sept. 1st. they offered me $17.10 / hour. im in anchorage alaska

Which bank is it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bunny3675 in Woburn, Massachusetts

25 days ago

1year Bank of America part time $13.00 hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.