applying for a Bartenting job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Isiah in Brooklyn, New York

66 months ago

My question is why do all these bars and restaurants keep asking in their ads you need 2,3 and 4 years experience to work for their business. Well my response to that is that they are IGN0RANT because what about the Bartenders like me who are just finished with bartending school. Why don't they give us the opportunity or a chance to get the experience they always asking for to prove to them that people like us who are fresh in the business can be a contributing asset to their business. If you feel the same way please contact me. imercury88yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AB in Pompano Beach, Florida

57 months ago

Sorry to say, but graduating from bartending school in no way qualifies you to get behind the bar at a top notch establishment. Being a great bartender is about way more than just pouring drinks, there are so many intangibles that go along with it. And chances are, unless your a very attractive female, nobody is going to want to hire you right off the bat as a bartender. As a guy, unless you get lucky, there is really only one way to get where you want to be; start at the bottom and work your way up. Find a bar / club that has great bartenders, do whatever you need to to get in the door, and work your ass off. If you put the effort in, you will learn way more as bar-back than you ever did in bartending school. And remember, keep an open mind. Nobody likes training somebody that thinks they know everything already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.