Are biomedical engineer job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 125)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most biomedical engineer opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hmm... well, consider that most you are jus t recent grads. I only still in school, but I believe that securing an entry level position is always difficult, and that those with connections are at a great advantage. I personally hope one would not experience this kind of difficulty with more years of experience under their belt. Good luck folks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

carbog in Oceanside, California

77 months ago

Andre in Dayton, Ohio said: where you can get cerification ? training ? experience ?

fresh graduates have no experience ? even PhD students dont have practical experience . so whats the solution .

i have master degree in biomedical engineering since 2006 and now we are 3008 and still cant find a job !!!

there should be a solution to this problem ?!

I think it's a matter of location. This industry is very concentrated in a couple of area, California and Minnesota. There are still a lot of opportunities outside these states, but your chance of getting job is much higher if you happen to live in these two states. I recently got a Master's Degree in BME and immediately had multiple offers in California. Probably the best bet is to do internships while still in school, as those almost always turn into offers if you make a good impression (that's where one of my offers came from). For entry level, there are a lot of startups in this field that can't really afford to hire seasoned professionals so they end up hiring recent grads. I would say that is probably the best place to look.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Michelangelo in Kewanee, Illinois

71 months ago

it is really hard to find a job since i moved here in the US. There are lots of good opportunities outside this country but trully its hard to get a job without connections.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

bonnie in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

so is it hard to find a job with a biomedical engineer degree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Pouya in Plano, Texas

67 months ago

Yes, it is very hard. I just graduated with a BS in biomedical eng. and I am having the hardest time to find a job. Half of my graduating class did not have a job when they graduated. Those who did have a job got an offer through their past internship. I did an internship as well but my luck the company went out of business. If I could go back, I would have never majored in BME. The job market is horrible. Plus its a well known major either. Does anybody know if there any institute that provides training for recent grads from biomedical engineering, so that at least could get some practical training for the industry?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Crazed in Panama City, Florida

64 months ago

bonnie in Ajax, Ontario said: i am now a first year engineering student, and will be going to second year biomedical & electrical engineering in this coming September. based on what you are saying, do you think i should change to another program like chemical engineering or material engineering? i want to know which engineering has a strong market demand, so then i may consider it for my second year.

If Biomed, Chem, and Materials are your only options, go for Materials.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

sam gumalan in Madras, India

62 months ago

am doing biomedical engineering, l need to know whether i must go for a masters degree in this field or change the area of interest in my naster degree or is there any possibilities of job offers with this educational qualification?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

pauld in Cincinnati, Ohio

52 months ago

I find the comments on this forum to be somewhat puzzling. First, when I look at the starting salaries reported for biomedical engineers at both general salary survey sites and at specific colleges, I see consistently that starting salaries for BME's with bachelor degrees are in the range of 50,000 to 60,000. This is a substantial premium above what most college graduates earn. If there is a glut of biomedical engineers relative to the job opportunities, it is hard to understand why the field commands such high starting salaries. Moreover, the starting salaries of bio-medical engineers are competitive with the starting salaries of other more traditional engineering disciplines. Again, this seems inconsistent with the notion that it is harder for BME's to find jobs.
I am also skeptical of the viewpoint that biomedical engineers are less prepared for entry level positions than other engineering disciplines (e.g. jack of all trade, master of none) I am a lawyer, who worked as a economist, before going to law school so admittedly I don't have experience in the engineering field. However, it has been my experience in every post-college job that I have held that nearly all the skills necessary to perform a specific job are learned on the job. I have found that my legal education was very necessary, but only insofar as I could speak the "same language" as other lawyers and had a sufficient understanding of law that I could understand the on-the-job training. None of the big law firms that hire the top law students from the top schools expect that their entry level lawyers will be prepared out-of-school to represent important clients. They develop the needed skills after several years. Maybe engineering is different so I would be curious what employed engineers have to say. Incidentally, a good friend who is an R&D Eengineer at Proctor and Gamble tells me that he has hired physics majors without engineering training for entry level engineering jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ajay in Stony Brook, New York

49 months ago

COnfused in Winston Salem, North Carolina said: I am trying to decide between getting a Masters or PhD in Biomedical Engineering and a lot of people have told me that a PhD limits you and it is actually harder to find a job. Is this true?

PhD increases ur chance of getting a full time job unlike Masters where you research for only 2 years max....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

NMSTL in El Monte, California

48 months ago

It is true just like the Ph.D guy said we need to plan things out beforehead. I myself am BME master and am just planning to enter the job market. My honest suggestion: 1. as an bachelor, don't do BME, instead pick EE/ME/CS, and you can always minor in bio. B/c lots of Bio companies prefer those majors than a BME which is a little bit of everything but not specific enough to handle a job. 2. If you go for Ph.D, BME wasn't bad at all, b/c it's easy to get grant, and then during 5-6 year time you can take a lot of class and finish w/ 2-3 masters(EE, ME, CS) so when u r done,you have more options... good luck guys, as for me, I really plan to get a 2nd master in CS, which is lucrative and easy to find a job, even in Bio field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

NMSTL in El Monte, California

48 months ago

oh, and i forgot to mention that thank god i was able to finish BS+MS BME in 3.5 yrs. so i still have time for a 2nd master while my peers are taking their regular masters. what happens if those of you who will finish w/ a BME master and still find it hard to get a job(b/c BME is too general and usually u don't get to master a single area)? Are you going to do a 2nd master like i do? My humble suggestion would be ones above, and if you just really want a BME, do BS.EE/ME/CS +MS. BME , or B.S BME + MS. EE/ME/CS, leave yourself some options.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Michael DiLacqua in Hatboro, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

I feel like there are a lot of people struggling for BME jobs which come as a shock to me considering How fast The field is growing. check out the department of labor and industries website: www.bls.gov/oco/ocos027.htm. It says the growth rate for BME is 72% over the next 10 years!!! that is phenomenal. I am currently a student in the BME program at Drexel University in Philadelphia and they are one of the oldest coop schools in the country. Basically, to anyone who is unfamiliar with coop, a BS degree at Drexel takes 5 years but you do 3 six month coops within the professional world (and i am not talking about making copies and filling) and these count for credit towards graduating and are also Paid. I encourage anyone who is thinking of looking at colleges to take a look at one that offers such an opportunity. My first coop was as production engineer for Johnson & Johnson manufacturing insulin pumps, great experience and networking opportunities. I hope i do not have the same issues when i graduate in 2 years that most of these people seem to be having. GOOD LUCK fellow engineers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

NMSTL in Buena Park, California

47 months ago

If that's the case, then you are pretty safe to land on a job. Not all universities have such a great co-op like u guys do. A good co-op or internship basically just turn into a permanent job,OR else you have to manually apply for 100+ related jobs which i don't even think I can find that many.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

AshwaniGaur in Chandigarh, India

44 months ago

hi,
this is my first post here, excuse me , if posting in wrong thread.
i am looking for few ServiceManuals as :-

1.LabSystems (WellWash 4 MK2)
2.Shimadzu (UV-1201) SPECTROPHOTOMETER
3.Sartorius Electronic Balance-RC210D

IF ANYONE CAN SHARE,or EXCHANGE for Others
pls respond me at zero9zero4one127137
or
ashwanigaur.india at gmail dot com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

sandrews137 in ann arbor, Michigan

44 months ago

Here is some geographic perspective.

www.maployed.com/#biomedical%2520engineering

California, Massachusetts, Texas and Minnesota seem to be the states with the most biomedical engg. jobs. If one you are just graduating and can move, these states are good options for biomed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DORMANT GLOW in New York, New York

43 months ago

I am a sophomore of BIOMED.All the comments I have read here has discouraged me to continue Biomed.I want to do research,it's not necesserily have to be on Biomed,but I want a job that will give me chance to think and apply at the sametime.Moreover,I like Biology.what can I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Engineer in Richmond, Kentucky

43 months ago

You could try getting grant money to start your own biomed company. Go to grants.gov through the NIH. Lots of good opportunities there. Come up with an idea, get funding, go through FDA or UL or whatever and get to market. Long but rewarding process but if you have a good idea I have seen it work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sikander in Chandigarh, India

42 months ago

sikander in Chandigarh, India said: Biomedical engg jobs are only going to rise in coming years . I is expected that it will grow at 72 % rate for the next ten years . But since it is only in the starting stages , it will take some time to hiring biomedical engineers . I will recommended you a site where you can get more info,www.abiomedicalengineer.com.If you have already graduated , then try to do master's degree also to improve your chances in coming years .

[URL=abiomedicalengineer.com/]biomedical engineer [/URL]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

john in Richmond, Texas

41 months ago

Pouya in Plano, Texas said: Yes, it is very hard. I just graduated with a BS in biomedical eng. and I am having the hardest time to find a job. Half of my graduating class did not have a job when they graduated. Those who did have a job got an offer through their past internship. I did an internship as well but my luck the company went out of business. If I could go back, I would have never majored in BME. The job market is horrible. Plus its a well known major either. Does anybody know if there any institute that provides training for recent grads from biomedical engineering, so that at least could get some practical training for the industry?

Did you get a BME job yet? How long did it take you? How difficult was it to find and where do you get it? Are you satisfied with job, pay, career advancement?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

K Irish in Tempe, Arizona

41 months ago

Recent Grad in Orlando, Florida said: I recently graduated with a B.S. in Biomedical Engineering and although "they" say that this job market is rapidly increasing....it is MEGA HARD to find job opportunities, especially at an entry level. Thus, I'm still searching the job market for that MIRACULOUS opportunity.

This is entirely true. I have not had luck finding job postings, and definitely not had interviews for a bio engineering role.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vasiliki in Egham, United Kingdom

41 months ago

I graduated last year with a BSc in Biomedical Engineering and currently I am doing a Master degree which i will finish in September. Now I am looking for a job in the Biomedical sector, though, all the entry levels need a minimum of 2 years experience. I have only a 6 months internship experience. How can I get a job?

I am really disappointed. Ge has great entry levels for biomedical engineering, but it is only in US and I don't have work permit. Siemens, on the other hand, offers such a programm but requires excellent German. My German is not that good.

So. . . what should I do? Practice my German, marry an american guy. . . . ohhhh I need to find a job. . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ashwin ram, Anna university in Madras, India

41 months ago

does anyone know any biomedical companies, which are ready to recruit engineers. If so can u ppl give me some HR contacts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kwakye in Accra, Ghana

41 months ago

where can I do my internship whiles in school as a bachelor degree holder??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

shanta shetty in Hubli, India

40 months ago

m second year enginerring student .......i ve selected bio medical branch...i wanna know is it a good 1 r shud i change d branch........?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hfaizy in Cobourg, Ontario

40 months ago

bonnie in Toronto, Ontario said: so is it hard to find a job with a biomedical engineer degree?

send me ur resume,may i can find one for you

biomed@nhh.ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stephen williams

40 months ago

Hey this is my first time posting.
im a junior in school and want to do somthing in the work field of bioenganire but i want to like mutate dna or somthing along the lines of that like change the dna or modify a organizm but idk what kind of job that would be i figured it be gov't affiliated or somthing like that and i want to go to collage for chemistry and small wepons enganering eventually what kind of job would these three masters get me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

40 months ago

I have been working as a biomed for the past 6 years. I got a job before I finished school. I know we need a biomed here in Oklahoma in Oklahoma City. The job is with GE Healthcare. It is at a large hospital. Please look at our website www.gecarears.com . We have a lot of jobs in our field. Please let me know if this helps you or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy

40 months ago

Biomedical Engineers is on the decline.

On dailyjobcuts.com you will see that all the Major manufacturers are laying people off (GE Healtcare, Medtronic, St Jude Medical, Boston Scientific, ....etc).

I've been in the industry for many years. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CHRIS C. in Tempe, Arizona

40 months ago

To those of you who are newbies and still in school, allow me to shed some light on the industry in the real world. Biomedical Engineering specifically medical equipment support is in fact in demand. However as a regional director who oversees 6 programs in 6 seperate medical centers naturally what I look for is experience. The concept is plug and play, the ability to wind this individual up with the compatability to work and adapt in any enviroment or facility. Unfortuanetly, the selections are few and far between. Keep in mind that we are service providers, and customer service is of the utmost importance. If you are in school now I would suggest that you become familiar with safety standards, policy and procedures, performance indicators, communications, professional business writing, especially email etiquette. Dont dress your resume with too much credentialling and degrees. These are wonderfull accomplishments but for the most part useless in the field. I have worked with students from Duke and even MIT and I have learned that although your scholastics are outstanding it does not prepare for the demands we face everyday. I have seen. should have been genius, pass out in the OR, become so nautius that they just walk out , and thats the easy part. Its the sheer pressure we face everyday and it never ends. So be sure to remain objective when you interview, after all for most of us this what we do and its a love/hate relationship. Remain objective, positive, energetic, flexible, willing, enthusiastic, do not limit yourself to a single solution, think contingency, a back up for the back up. Most of all do not ask about salaries, especially if you have no real experience. In other words, focus on what you will learn and the oppurtunities available. I can tell you that we are eccentric. highly intelligent , super multi-taskers and we dont require coffee to stay afloat. If there was a word of advice to give. INTEGRITY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Eli in Tel Aviv, Israel

39 months ago

Hello,
I am beginning university in 1 month. I am currently signed up for degree in biomed engineering. Ive spoken to many people in this field and they explained to me that a first degree in BME is problematic since you come out neither an engineer or a doctor or biologist or really anything. Ive been advised to do a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and study BME for perhaps mastrlers but only after i have a more practical and strong foundation in a more classical engineering.
Ive decided to switch to a dual degree program in mechanical engineerig and physics. Does anyone have any insight on this matter? Is it true that a first degree in BME is relatively "useless" ?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ify_badd in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

J. Barlow in Framlingham, United Kingdom

39 months ago

CHRIS C. in Tempe, Arizona said: "as a regional director who oversees 6 programs in 6 seperate medical centers naturally what I look for is experience."

Hi Chris,
What you've said is very true, I am graduating next year with a Masters and would be interested in how I would first go about applying for jobs as most require more than two years worth of experience. Can I just send out CVs or is connection the way to approach the matter?

Thank you,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bioephd in Chicago, Illinois

38 months ago

Vikram Ramakanth in Montgomery, Texas said: I am a doctoral biomedical engineer and have been looking for a software/instrumentation position for a couple of months. I haven't had much luck thus far. Certainly seems that getting a job in this field is not easy.

I am exactly the same. A PhD in Bioengineering (which they say is nearly the same as biomedical engineering though i'm pretty sure bioengineers are not as well regarded). I have been looking for work for 1 year while I was ABD. Now that I have graduated, I have been looking for work for 3 months. I have applied to biomedical companies and software companies. Nothing yet. BLS.gov is a liar - jobs are not growing in this sector. I am unemployed. No joke I will be working in a coffee shop soon just to pay bills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aaa21c in Waterloo, Ontario

38 months ago

I finished my Master program 1 month ago, and find it is really difficult to find a job, even job information related to my study. Lots of biomedical jobs only require a diploma in this field, but many years work experience. WORK EXPERIENCE this is the most difficult part, how can I get the experience without a job offer.

swathy in Singapore, Singapore

38 months ago

roshny in Alappuzha, India said: i am also trying for a good job at biomedical feild so far i am also not satisfied with the jobs i have did at hospitals. i am also looking for good companies to take me. hope i ll get that.

dear do you know any masters degree course in Bio medical engineering on India other than
Sathyabama ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Vinodini s in Coimbatore, India

37 months ago

Is it possible to get job in the hospitals with B.E Biomedical..?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Chaitra in Bangalore, India

35 months ago

Hai
I am AN electronics and communication engineer.
I have applied for BME for Masters at Chalmers in sweden.
I am shocked to see the comments.
I am really interested in contributing towards bioelectromagnetics. But also worried about the job prospects back in India.
Kindly guide.

Can I take up control systems/commnucation and still work for bioelectromagetics?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sean in Simi Valley, California

34 months ago

Chaitra in Bangalore, India said: Hai
I am AN electronics and communication engineer.
I have applied for BME for Masters at Chalmers in sweden.
I am shocked to see the comments.
I am really interested in contributing towards bioelectromagnetics. But also worried about the job prospects back in India.
Kindly guide.

Can I take up control systems/commnucation and still work for bioelectromagetics?

Honestly, I have a degree in biomedical engineering (B.S.) from Boston University. It is just about useless. Most of my professors and other professionals I have met working in bioengineering majored in either physics or mechanical engineering. The people I know working as biomedical engineers were mech Es or electrical Es in college. I would focus on the major without the bio. You can always pick up the biology easily after learning the engineering aspect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lebu makhopochane in Satellite Provider

34 months ago

I've just finish matric and want to take biomedical engeneering caurse,should i?I'm really having doubts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sebbie in Chicopee, Massachusetts

34 months ago

Eric in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I have been working as a biomed for the past 6 years. I got a job before I finished school. I know we need a biomed here in Oklahoma in Oklahoma City. The job is with GE Healthcare. It is at a large hospital. Please look at our website www.gecarears.com . We have a lot of jobs in our field. Please let me know if this helps you or not.
\

Did you have a bachelors or masters degree when you go the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ThejoysofBME in Ireland

32 months ago

Hi guys,
I've read all the comments, I must agree with the ppl who say biomedical engineering is a bit of everything but nothing specific. I've just finished my 3rd year of it, it's a very very very difficult degree and to think the job prospects are limited is such a major disappointment . I'm a student in Galway Ireland , it's supposed to be one of the biggest biomedical engineering "hub" in Europe! There are a lot if company's in Galway that are here .... However my problem is that as part of our degree we are supposed to go on a 5 month work placement in a company that makes medical devices , stents, catheters etc... But none of these company's will take on any students now , I've tried and tried but not having any luck! This is going to totally affect me when I qualify and start looking for employment ! I really wish I could get some experience somewhere , any1 any advice/help ?? Thanks guys .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ThejoysofBME in Ireland

32 months ago

Hi guys,
I've read all the comments, I must agree with the ppl who say biomedical engineering is a bit of everything but nothing specific. I've just finished my 3rd year of it, it's a very very very difficult degree and to think the job prospects are limited is such a major disappointment . I'm a student in Galway Ireland , it's supposed to be one of the biggest biomedical engineering "hub" in Europe! There are a lot if company's in Galway that are here .... However my problem is that as part of our degree we are supposed to go on a 5 month work placement in a company that makes medical devices , stents, catheters etc... But none of these company's will take on any students now , I've tried and tried but not having any luck! This is going to totally affect me when I qualify and start looking for employment ! I really wish I could get some experience somewhere , any1 any advice/help ?? Thanks guys .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fahim in Long Island City, New York

32 months ago

I changed my major to ME only because of the job prospect of BME.Still,I am thinking about having a concentration on BME. I think you could do the same.You could do your minor on ME Or anything else that you like.
I believe the important thing is to bring something special out of you.If you cannot do it,it always gets hard to shine in any major you pursue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

UdontKnowMEuNeverSeeMe in Hagerstown, Maryland

32 months ago

Hey Tel,

What people say is correct, you will be having a very difficult time if you rely on your Bioe degree. I'm a dual degrees recent grad of 2011, I have a degree in mechanical engineering and one in bioengineering. I tried looking for a job with just bioengineering related works, searched 5 month and couldn't get any reply, then I just start looking for ME job, in a month a got two job offers, picked one closest to me.

At least my ME is paying all my bills (I'll be debt free in 2 months all thanks to ME job), the pay is average with full benefits, maybe just maybe once i'm debt free I'm gonna try and start a medical device company. I'm still very optimistic.

To all who worry about job prospects, make sure you pick a traditional field such as ME, or EE they are your bread winners and then pick your dream field just for hell of it. Also always apply to state school when possible, I learn my lesson on my first two years of private college, when I transferred to state university, I end up with enough scholarship to pay some of my private college debts. All my current student debts are from that first 2 years of private school... so don't fall for their glossy brochures go with your cheapest but decent school...

jack jones in Gainesville, Florida

32 months ago

Not to be rude, but maybe everyone on this thread can't find jobs because their writing is atrocious. It's hard to get a job when writing simple sentences turns out to be a struggle...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chaitra in Bangalore, India

32 months ago

Hello everyone
I am Electronics and communication engineer with 1.6yrs of teaching experience.
I have got a seat in biomedical engineering at Chalmers, Sweden.
The courses seem pretty good.
I have even got a scholorship.
I have an interview with iit Kanpur,India in biosciences and bioengg dept for MTech.

Can anyone guide me with this to make a decision.
I am looking forward for a job back in India.(bangalore)
If not, then a PhD in India.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

UdontKnowMEuNeverSeeMe in Hagerstown, Maryland

32 months ago

Chaitra, I suggest you to stop studying for any more bioe related degrees and get a hard core traditional engineering degree if you really want a job not associated with public research.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hari in Velluru, India

31 months ago

I'm in my 3rd year of my UG biomedical course. And i was hoping to prepare for GRE and do my Ms abroad. But from what i have read, it got me thinking again.
I'm really confused of what to do, after taking such a specific course I find myself without many options.
I have one year to decide. Either an Ms or MBA.
I really like the course and i want to continue but if it is so hard to find a job, I would have to try management. Also, my grades aren't very impressive and i dont expect to get any financial aid for the Ms.
I cant seem to come to a decision. please help me out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

UdontKnowMEuNeverSeeMe in Wilmerding, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

hari, you better off not taking MS or MBA at this time, you will get into a lot of debt and no job, in current economy even experienced MBA has no job prospect, so don't join their ranks. After your undergrad studies, try and find a job and get a few years of experiences (& save up money) before going back to school.

Good luck.

BTW, bilingual is awesome (get one if you got the chance), I found another job that is for ME with 50% increase from my current job.. time for me to move to another state

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.