Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are typical buyer salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Pat Kaye in Tallahassee, Florida

74 months ago

This information would be helpful when applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Henderson, Nevada

55 months ago

I guess it depends on what part of the country you are in. i'm in Vegas typical salaries here start at about $35k up to $40k per year. Goal is to become purchasing supervisor or mgr starting at about $45-$55k roughly and that's with pay cuts last year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Buyer in Toms River, New Jersey

26 months ago

Nicole in Henderson, Nevada said: I guess it depends on what part of the country you are in. i'm in Vegas typical salaries here start at about $35k up to $40k per year. Goal is to become purchasing supervisor or mgr starting at about $45-$55k roughly and that's with pay cuts last year.

It really depends on how large of a company you work for . 25 years ago I was buying for a large home center-responsible for around 50 million in purchases for 60 stores-I was making $70,000 (back in the the 80's)as part of a 20 buyer purchasing/merchandising department. In the 90's I was buying for a small chain of speciality stores-responsible for around 20 million in purchases, but I was the only buyer-my salary was $110,000........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.