car hauler wages

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 253)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

George in Adelanto, California

68 months ago

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a guy haulng a 3/4 car hauler should be paid? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (474) / No (61) Reply - Report abuse

kip wilt in grantsville, Maryland

67 months ago

i heard its right around 75 cents a mile per unit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Kansas City, Missouri

67 months ago

If a guy went out and buys a brand new 3/4 or 1 ton hauler could he make good money and pay off his truck and trailer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (265) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Skynnynlynnyrd in Vacaville, California

62 months ago

javier in Pharr, Texas said: i thought about starting a car lot in 2009 but i started hearing stories of economy being real bad and local car lots strugling to make ends meet, bought a used three car hauler got licensed to sell cars but never made the move to start the business, now have 2004 dodge dually and used three car hauler just sitting there, wondering if any had any work

Give me a shout if you like, I am interested in purchasing your Rig
Larry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jayman72@aol.com in Manteca, California

60 months ago

javier in Pharr, Texas said: i thought about starting a car lot in 2009 but i started hearing stories of economy being real bad and local car lots strugling to make ends meet, bought a used three car hauler got licensed to sell cars but never made the move to start the business, now have 2004 dodge dually and used three car hauler just sitting there, wondering if any had any work

Javier, I would like to chat with you about your truck and trailer. I did some car hauling in 2007 and i am thinking about getting back into it soon. I had an 05 1 ton dodge dually 4x4 quadcab with a 48' enclosed custom trailer. business was good for a short time. my email is jayman72@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Spyder31 in Winchester, Virginia

60 months ago

Hey Javier! Are you going to drive the truck or are you getting another driver? Its really not too hard to find work for a 3 car hauler. If you dont mind running out you can actually make pretty good money. Just have to stay busy. I have had some really good weeks. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. spyder31@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

grimrepo in Canton, Georgia

56 months ago

rob5683slt@yahoo in Belton, Texas said: I'm going to start auto hualing company in 2011. And would like if someone from texas, could give a idea what the market is diong. Auto hualing in that state. Or if would be better to work in some kind tri state area, please inform.[d
depends on where in texas u are refering too! if u are near dallas or houston u should do alright! anywhere else u should consider soemthing else

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

joe in Vineland, New Jersey said: i also am thinking about starting to haul cars i have a truck i just nead a trailer i dont know how to get started as far as finding work if anyone can help that would be great i am looking to transport any where from nj to fl

jersey is a good are for hauling cars, there is alot of volume in that area! nj to fl does not pay much! but jersey to chicago, detroit, atlanta, pays pretty decent. u can get work thru local dealers or centraldispatch.com! i am a dispatcher that works for independent car haulers. i have ten years of experience and can get haulers good paying loads.email if u have more questions at grimrepo70@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Hope Mills, North Carolina

56 months ago

Are you still looking for work. Or still looking to sell your equipment? Please e-mail me at angelconda@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

daves in Port Hope, Ontario

56 months ago

i have one question right now i run a tow company but feel i am going no where and i have a job waiting for me hauling cars with 07 intl 9400i with a 9 car hauler which job is better is hauling cars a job that evryone here loves please let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Hope Mills, North Carolina

56 months ago

If you get the right person to load you will make money. Someone has to have the right connections and the knowledge of what all of your expenses are in order to know how much money to ask for a car or the whole load of cars so you make money. I have Wade load trucks for me he has over 20 years of experience he has all the connections and he makes sure everyone makes money. I will be glad to put you in contact with him, he will also be glad to answer any of your questions if you would like to e-mail me at angelconda@yahoo.com. And I will be glad to answer any of your questions anytime. Have a great day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Cindy in San Antonio, Texas said: We are starting our Auto Transport business soon.
We are having trouble finding affordable commercial auto and cargo insurance.

Can anyone please point us in the right direction.

Tried progressive and they couldnt quote--only 500 mile radius.
tried independent agent and quote for both was 10,000 a year--ridiculous!

help please :)

hello cindy i read ur post! insurance is a tricky thing. there are only so many wholesalers of commercial insurance in any given state and then u will have far less that will write auto hauling! u need to find someone that specializes in auto hauler insurance. if u find an agency that specializes and does alot of volume with these policies then they will be able to get a better price with the wholesaler. if u choose an angency that doesnt do any business than u will get a higher premium! when u shop around for an agency before they give u the quote ask them how many auto hauler policy they currently have written. if they have none then u will be better to move to another agency. i am not that familiar with tx cause i reside in ga. if u see an autohauler in your state ask them who they use and how much they are paying. if they are getting a good premium they will gladly want to refer their agent out for more business, cause they will like them! i dont know what type of truck u r insuring for, but for a 7 to 10 car hauler that is a reasonable premium. if u have a dually u can expect to pay around $7000. insurance is high and that is why cars should pay at least .50 cents amile per car! any more questions email me at grimrepo70@yahoo.com i will be more than happy to answer any questions. good luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jdilgard in Huachuca City, Arizona

55 months ago

I have a 52 ft 3 car hauler with 32ft of flat deck, an 8,000 winch, gooseneck, 3 axles, front tool box and 6 brand new tires. I am looking to sell. If anyone is interested contact me at jbdilgard@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cornerston@cox.net in Tucson, Arizona

55 months ago

I am thinking about starting a auto haul business. I am interested in information on hauling from california to alaska and back. I have driven there many times personally but need commercial requirements. There seem to be alot of cars on uship with an alaska destination. Can anybody advise? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Danny in Queen Creek, Arizona

55 months ago

hello,i'm a diesel tech at a ford dealer ship right now and i'v been a automotive tech now for over 25 years and getting sick of all the games that get played and want a change for the better and was thinking about hauling car's around,can anybody tell me after all expenses are paid,how much dose a hauler average a week ?i was also thinking about going to work for somebody at first,if your looking for a driver and all you got are ford 6.0 or 6.4,count me out lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tanrecams in schulenburg, Texas

55 months ago

Cindy in San Antonio, Texas said: We are CALIFORNIA bound this weekend!
We are leaving from Texas to CA and can take 1 vehicle.

If anyone knows of any, please send them our way.

Thanks,
Cindy

CIndy,do you make this run often? we have a car that does not run and needs to get from schulenburg, tx 78956 to murrietta california within the next month. could you quote it?
thanks,
Tanya

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marc in Boiling Springs, South Carolina

55 months ago

marc in Boiling Springs, South Carolina said: can any one tell me what cars from raliegh nc to spartanburg sc are getting mans saying 1 hundred a car he has 12 thanks marc

Hope that was not a good price turned it down. Headed to nashville monday with room for 3 more let me known if anyone has anything to go that way before monday 530 am .Thanks Marc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rbcrepo in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

hows the car hauling business treating everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in San Antonio, Texas

55 months ago

tanrecams in schulenburg, Texas said: CIndy,do you make this run often? we have a car that does not run and needs to get from schulenburg, tx 78956 to murrietta california within the next month. could you quote it?
thanks,
Tanya

Hi Tanya,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We were on vacation all weekend and just got back. Let me chk with my husband.
We ARE making that run within the next several weeks. Let me pinpoint a date and get a price quote for you.

Thank you for the interest.
Cindy

cindylou1001@rocketmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

speedygs in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

55 months ago

im trying to get in to the transport business i got the truck an im going to get my 3 car trailer this weekend an i need work im in oklahoma ill go to texas,kansas,new mexico please contact or email me gwater15@yahoo.com im ready to work thanks for any help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Stephan in Dayton, Ohio

55 months ago

grimrepo in Canton, Georgia said: i am a dispatcher and i have 10 years experience! i can find you loads and keep you loaded. the pay per car varies from about 40 cents to 60 cents. the average is around 40 to 50 cents. there are cars paying less, but i do not book 30 cents a mile cars for the carriers i have because i dont believe in supporting low freight. you cant even drive a car for 30 cents a mile. if interested in starting up your own car hauling business or looking for someone to keep you loaded contact me at grimrepo70@yahoo.com

Its all about who you know in this business now lets move some freight. Taylor Auto Transport Inc./ Taylor Auto Brokerage Company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Underworked Car Hauler in Swainsboro, Georgia

55 months ago

Stephan in Dayton, Ohio said: Its all about who you know in this business now lets move some freight. Taylor Auto Transport Inc./ Taylor Auto Brokerage Company

Hello stephen@Taylor Auto Transport I have been in the business for about 8 months now came into it with the expectations of becoming an owner operator but was lied too my employers truck is now in the shop and im sitting at the house,My credit is not that pretty but im willing to pay off a truck pretty quick as I like to stay out 3 weeks at a time. If you have or know of anyone with information that will assist me in the persuit of carhauling happiness then please forward to watsonsworld@nctv.com . thanks in advance for any assistance.Paul

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Stephan in Dayton, Ohio said: Its all about who you know in this business now lets move some freight. Taylor Auto Transport Inc./ Taylor Auto Brokerage Company

Hello stephen@Taylor Auto Transport I have been in the business for about 8 months now came into it with the expectations of becoming an owner operator but was not told the truth by my employers. truck is now in the shop and im sitting at the house,My credit is not that pretty but im willing to pay off a truck and trailer pretty quick as I like to stay out 3 weeks at a time. If you have or know of anyone with information that will assist me in the persuit of carhauling happiness then please forward to watsonsworld@nctv.com thanks in advance for any assistance.Paul

Stephan in Dayton, Ohio

54 months ago

Underworked Car Hauler in Swainsboro, Georgia said: Hello stephen@Taylor Auto Transport I have been in the business for about 8 months now came into it with the expectations of becoming an owner operator but was lied too my employers truck is now in the shop and im sitting at the house,My credit is not that pretty but im willing to pay off a truck pretty quick as I like to stay out 3 weeks at a time. If you have or know of anyone with information that will assist me in the persuit of carhauling happiness then please forward to watsonsworld@nctv.com . thanks in advance for any assistance.Paul

Been there done that. You have married the the truck. If you dont keep your wheels spinning she will leave you. Surround yourself with positive people you will need them. Never give up no matter what. It will pay off. My first truck had 1,400,000 miles on it when I paid it off. Now this is funny so pay attention. The whole four years it took me to pay the truck off it was in the shop. When I got it paid of and started getting it fixed the right way it didnt break down as much.At 55 miles per hour it may take you a few hours longer, but you will probaly save at least a hundred in fuel, and your truck will not need weilded as much, if at all. PS and stop driving fast through them ragged ass parking lots. (truck stops) I was told this maybe seven years ago, and thangs have never been the same since. It hard to get used to everyone passing you on the highway all the time, but give it one pay period and you will be use to it.
If I can help let know. Am looking for freight myself. If you know of any please fell me in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stephan in Dayton, Ohio

54 months ago

speedygs in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: im trying to get in to the transport business i got the truck an im going to get my 3 car trailer this weekend an i need work im in oklahoma ill go to texas,kansas,new mexico please contact or email me gwater15@yahoo.com im ready to work thanks for any help

I have some freight that might keep you busy give me a call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Hello Guys n Gals just thought Id drop in again and ask if anyone is looking for a driver (NOT A STEARING WHEEL HOLDER)4000 miles a week + or if you have a combo that you would like to sell.I have connection to get freight but was not told the truth on a truck deal when i ventured into this business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Ryan in Kansas City, Missouri said: If a guy went out and buys a brand new 3/4 or 1 ton hauler could he make good money and pay off his truck and trailer.

Yes if said o/o is willing to run the truck as a driver would but to put a driver in it there are so many variables to look at....ie driver pay and mostly will the driver take care of the equipment?most drivers never look at the expence of repairs that are driver related.and then there is the fuel if a oo is driving he looks for the best price before he needs the fuel if a driver is in it he gets fuel when hes about to run out?theres more too being in business than just buying the truck and trailer- insurance,tags,IFTA,etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danny in Mesa, Arizona

54 months ago

Stephan in Dayton, Ohio said: Been there done that. You have married the the truck. If you dont keep your wheels spinning she will leave you. Surround yourself with positive people you will need them. Never give up no matter what. It will pay off. My first truck had 1,400,000 miles on it when I paid it off. Now this is funny so pay attention. The whole four years it took me to pay the truck off it was in the shop. When I got it paid of and started getting it fixed the right way it didnt break down as much.At 55 miles per hour it may take you a few hours longer, but you will probaly save at least a hundred in fuel, and your truck will not need weilded as much, if at all. PS and stop driving fast through them ragged ass parking lots. (truck stops) I was told this maybe seven years ago, and thangs have never been the same since. It hard to get used to everyone passing you on the highway all the time, but give it one pay period and you will be use to it.
If I can help let know. Am looking for freight myself. If you know of any please fell me in.

i need to ask you something,i want to get started hauling car's and would like to know from you by side the fax that your was lied to,is it worth getting into ?if you could do it all over again,would you ?the reson why i ask is that i dont want to spend the money (that i realy dont have)to get into something like this if it's not realy worth it.i work as a diesel tech right now for ford but it's getting to be a real pain in the ass if you know what i mean and was thinking about being my own boss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stephan in Dayton, Ohio

54 months ago

It will be what ever you make it.I wanted to give up and be a mechanic. Both are good careers.If it was easy everybody would do. As an OP you are taking a step into the corporate world.No one to watch your back anymore. So you really have to watch your numbers mainly bottum line. Do any and everything to get it up.Like now I will be sending you a invioce for the info.

Taylor Auto

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Danny in Mesa, Arizona said: i need to ask you something,i want to get started hauling car's and would like to know from you by side the fax that your was lied to,is it worth getting into ?if you could do it all over again,would you ?the reson why i ask is that i dont want to spend the money (that i realy dont have)to get into something like this if it's not realy worth it.i work as a diesel tech right now for ford but it's getting to be a real pain in the ass if you know what i mean and was thinking about being my own boss.
Danny it would be a great move if you plan on watching your bottom line as stephen said you have to be aware of the numbres like fuel milage , expences , etc. with that said your not gonna become a millionare overnite and will have to put in many grueling hours to be sucessful but it can be done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danny in Mesa, Arizona

54 months ago

well thanks for the imfo but as a mechanic,i can tell you this,i'v been doing this for over 25 years and it's not all that like some people think.lots of times the money is not that great.we dont make the money people think we do.i get alote of people thinking that they pay a high bill for the work so we should be making a ton on money doing the job.the only person making all the money in the automotive repair world,is the owner's.if there is no work for me,i dont make any hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

underworked car hauler in Swainsboro, Georgia

54 months ago

Danny in Mesa, Arizona said: well thanks for the imfo but as a mechanic,i can tell you this,i'v been doing this for over 25 years and it's not all that like some people think.lots of times the money is not that great.we dont make the money people think we do.i get alote of people thinking that they pay a high bill for the work so we should be making a ton on money doing the job.the only person making all the money in the automotive repair world,is the owner's.if there is no work for me,i dont make any hr.

I really do understand what your saying the sme is true in this business if the truck makes money then so does the driver if not the driver does what im currently doing "starve" the people who take their vehicles to shops only want one thing for it to run when its returned to them.they never think of how little the person who repaired actually makes for the work put in , again allot like this business,When I stated that I was lied too I was refering to a deal my boss and I had when I started hauling cars I would work for him for 6 months and he would in turn sell me the truck and trailer on time.(carry the note)it has been more than 8 now and he has made every excuse in the book but loves it when I run like a maniac and all the time he's at home with his family but on payday he pockets triple what I get.I just need to find an honest person who will be a man or woman of their word.

Stephan in Dayton, Ohio

54 months ago

Let me tell you there are no get rich quick sceams anymore. Hard work is the only way to make a living. Sacrifice! This is why the union came in to play. Trucking can be a doggy dog business.

54 months ago

Although an owner operator will make considerably more than a driver! but the o/o has more risk involved, but then again a good sriver will limit that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephan in Dayton, Ohio

54 months ago

You have to love hauling cars.

54 months ago

absolutely

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rbcrepo in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

hello everyone any one selling a 3 car trailer. and is anyone looking for a wheel lift for a pick up it fit ford dodge chevy great for repo work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

millie&Jesus in Saint Cloud, Florida

54 months ago

grimrepo in Canton, Georgia said: i am a dispatcher and i have 10 years experience! i can find you loads and keep you loaded. the pay per car varies from about 40 cents to 60 cents. the average is around 40 to 50 cents. there are cars paying less, but i do not book 30 cents a mile cars for the carriers i have because i dont believe in supporting low freight. you cant even drive a car for 30 cents a mile. if interested in starting up your own car hauling business or looking for someone to keep you loaded contact me at grimrepo70@yahoo.com

I am interested in the business. I have a friend that has three rigs with trailer, and has asked me to find loads for him. Can you help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angel in Durham, North Carolina

54 months ago

millie&Jesus in Saint Cloud, Florida said: I am interested in the business. I have a friend that has three rigs with trailer, and has asked me to find loads for him. Can you help me.

Does your friend have his own DOT, MC#s, authority and insurance? I hear FL is dropping a lot of peoples commerical insurance. E-mail me at angelconda@yahoo.com.

eastcoast1f@gmail.com in Greenville, North Carolina

54 months ago

looking for dispatch

millie & jesus in Saint Cloud, Florida

54 months ago

what is your percentage

Sean Caniglia in Biloxi, Mississippi

54 months ago

Looking for 2/3 carhauler! If u stumble across one let me know!

54 months ago

Stephan in Dayton, Ohio said: Been there done that. You have married the the truck. If you dont keep your wheels spinning she will leave you. Surround yourself with positive people you will need them. Never give up no matter what. It will pay off. My first truck had 1,400,000 miles on it when I paid it off. Now this is funny so pay attention. The whole four years it took me to pay the truck off it was in the shop. When I got it paid of and started getting it fixed the right way it didnt break down as much.At 55 miles per hour it may take you a few hours longer, but you will probaly save at least a hundred in fuel, and your truck will not need weilded as much, if at all. PS and stop driving fast through them ragged ass parking lots. (truck stops) I was told this maybe seven years ago, and thangs have never been the same since. It hard to get used to everyone passing you on the highway all the time, but give it one pay period and you will be use to it.

its all about who you know.

jbdilgard

54 months ago

Boy is that true about how much money you can save by driving under 60mph! My husband was hauling an RV to CA from TX and he left at the same time as another driver did. The other driver (we call the TX Tornado) said he would fly by my husband just like a TX tornado and leave him in the dust. Well my husband got to their destination before him and paid $300 less than him in fuel. The TX Tornado was driving the speed limit and stopping all the time where as Kim was driving at 59mph and stopping as little as possible. Moral of story you save a HUGE amount of your personal money by driving slower and if you stay in the seat you will still get where you are going faster than other drivers driving faster but stopping for gas more often. I mean you need coffee or soda when you stop right and maybe visit with people while you are stopped to right?

Dmitriy in Edmonds, Washington

53 months ago

HI All !!!!!!!!!!
Any body know if 4-car trailer will be ok for F-350 dually or Ram 3500 ?
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

corey in Smithfield, North Carolina

53 months ago

That's plenty of truck either one would do

millie & jesus in Saint Cloud, Florida

53 months ago

Angel in Durham, North Carolina said: Does your friend have his own DOT, MC#s, authority and insurance? I hear FL is dropping a lot of peoples commerical insurance. E-mail me at angelconda@yahoo.com.

Yes, he has all the paper work and authority , MC#. He is out of NYC and I am in florida.

Angel in Fayetteville, North Carolina

53 months ago

millie & jesus in Saint Cloud, Florida said: Yes, he has all the paper work and authority , MC#. He is out of NYC and I am in florida.

Great I have a wonderful dispatcher he has been in the businss for over 20 years. He has several connections all across the United States. He will be very happy to help you and or your friend. Email me at angelconda@yahoo.com and I will send you his phone number so you and or your friend can directly talk to him. Have a great day and happy hauling.

backstreet in Queens Village, New York

53 months ago

Word to the wise.Learn from your mistakes and pay attention to mistakes made by others.I trusted someone and put all my faith and money into his business,only to lose everything and destroy my credit.I was able to recover somewhat and obtain my own business and mc#,etc.But my equipment is dragging me into another finiancial hole.I want to quit but i cant.but one thing for certain is i learned alot about this business and about people.Keep honest people around you and stay away from those who will take advantage of someone hungry to get into this or any kind of business.

Angel in Fayetteville, North Carolina

53 months ago

Cindy in San Antonio, Texas said: We are starting our Auto Transport business soon.
We are having trouble finding affordable commercial auto and cargo insurance.

Can anyone please point us in the right direction.

Tried progressive and they couldnt quote--only 500 mile radius.
tried independent agent and quote for both was 10,000 a year--ridiculous!

help please :)

Have you thought about leasing on with someone else? My insurance is not that much. Are you doing collision and libility? You can e-mail me I will try to help lead you in the right direction at angelconda@yahoo.com

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.