CNA Classes in Columbia, SC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

isa2gabbie in Columbia, South Carolina

78 months ago

I am a single mom of two. I am wanting to get into a cna class around me if anyone can help that would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (101) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

sini p babu in Columbia, South Carolina

77 months ago

i am looking for a cna class in columbia sc . my emil is binocjohn@hotmail.com. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Columbia,SC in Columbia, South Carolina

76 months ago

Hello all. You should take a look at this mtconline.midlandstech.edu/CeClassCatalog/catalog?n=1&v1=CCEMED612&hdg=Certified%20Nurse%20Assistant&prog=cemed

This is a cna class that is held at Midlands Technical College Airport Campus. This is about a 6 wk course held Mon-Thurs from 8am-1pm. The cost is $675.00. But well worth it.

Students receive 102 hours of training in basic nursing care through a combination of classroom lecture, simulated laboratory care, and clinical experience in a local long term care facility. This DHHS-approved course prepares students for the Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Services Exam for Certification. Criminal background check and high school diploma is required.

I have registered for the January session. Good luck to you both.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

locolajenkins@yahoo.com

73 months ago

isa2gabbie in Columbia, South Carolina said: I am a single mom of two. I am wanting to get into a cna class around me if anyone can help that would be great.

Cause i need more money for me and my two kids

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Angellina S in Riverside, New Jersey

71 months ago

Hi!

For a free list of all CNA programs in your area you can go to www.cnatips.com/classes/nurse-aide-sc.php and look at the location of each facility. You will find a couple that are close to where you live. I would recommend trying to contact LTC facilities first to see if they have free courses, if not then you always have the option to try a 2 year community college. They have more than one page with SC programs, make sure you check them out! Good luck and let me know if you had any luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Columbia

71 months ago

Hello everyone. I'm back with an update. I completed my CNA course through MTC. I rescheduled the class and took it from Feb.9,2009 until Mar.12,2009. I enjoyed the class. The homework from the book every night was a bit much, but to know everything you need to know in 6weeks makes it necessary. I have to test for certification. I am a bit nervous about it, but as ready as I'll ever be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cambrella in West Columbia, South Carolina

70 months ago

sini p babu in Columbia, South Carolina said: i am looking for a cna class in columbia sc . my emil is binocjohn@hotmail.com. thanks

Try Med Tech

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

care bear in Lexington, South Carolina

38 months ago

Just for everyone who's planning to attend Midlands Tech Airport Campus The course has gone up in price ,it's now 745.00 as of January 2012. Now let me tell you what you really need to know , this dosen't include the book you will need to have on the first day of class 50.25 you can run right across the street to the book center and purchase that, because you will have homework the first day If you don't score an 80 or higher on your final class it's over no redo's no second chance you will have to pay the 745.00 and retake the course. I think where the promblem comes in is you're actually taught class and Labs together so you do both in the same day. If you pass the final test after 2 weeks and you go to clinicals you will need an additional 106.00 above the money you have allready given to midlands Tech to pay for the test that the State board requires also all the drug test and 2 way ppd and your sled back ground check are on you and you pay for it. also included is a cpr class and you have very little time in class 4 hrs and this is taught by someone who in my opinion did not give much of a chance for you to get it right , if you fail you need to retake the next day this is added into the price of the class, If you live close to Batesburg sc they have a class on jan31 2012 601.00 this includes your book and work book also you're not required to wear nurses uniforms or white shoes you will only wear these during clinical there program is Classroom time no labs 2 weeks and seperate Lab time 2 weeks then final test and on to clinicals you attend Tuesday ,Wednesday,and Thursday, the book you will use is 10 chapters of basic nursing assistant with work book and MTC their book is 28 chapters and no work book and tons of writing. you don't need all the drug test 2 way ppd background check it's all included in the price of 601.00 So which one sounds better and Batesburg Life Long Learning center has class's there most of the time and they also accept WIA/hope program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bridget in Lexington, South Carolina

24 months ago

isa2gabbie in Columbia, South Carolina said: I am a single mom of two. I am wanting to get into a cna class around me if anyone can help that would be great.

National Heathcare in Clinton S.C. still have classes there and you can work for them at the same time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.