CNA Transfer to another state

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 106)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

JoAnn Parker

65 months ago

I was certified and licensed in Florida as an CNA, but never worked their. I moved to Arizona and I am having trouble getting a job because they want me to retake the complete CNA course in their state. Is their away to transfer my license to Arizona even though I was never employed in Florida. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (565) / No (81) Reply - Report abuse

jhatfield_08 in Santa Maria, California

63 months ago

This is what I was told to do haven't tried it yet but recieved the info recently!!!!.........

You can transfer your certificate by a process called "reciprocity". Your certificate in Colorado must be in good standing(no history of abuse, neglect, etc.) and you must be listed as "Active" on Colorado Nurse Aide Registry. It is a process that requires several steps and some calling from your part.

You must call the Colorado Nurse Aide Registry first and request a "Application for Enrollment By Reciprocity". Ask them if you should send the completed form to them or to the state to which you are moving (California).
Then contact California Nurse Aide Registry and ask them the same thing.
Always get the name of those who talk with you and their phone numbers.
Once you have the application fill it out and send it to the Registry you have you (either your state or California -- this is why u call them to figure out where to send it once you fill it out).
For registry websites and phone numbers you can go to www.cnatips.com
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

wild in Gonvick, Minnesota

63 months ago

to keep your CNA license you need to work 8 hours for pay every 2 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

cassy in Temperance, Michigan

63 months ago

Debbie Bennett in Orlando, Florida said: I previously got my CNA License in the State of Florida and moved up to Kentucky. In order to get a license in Kentucky for a CNA, the hospital had be to call the Board of Nursing and they asked me for all my information on my license in which I held in Florida and just added on Kentucky to my license. Try calling the Board of Directors/Nursing and they should be able to help you. I was told that once you went thru the training and obtained a license that they don't put you thru that again. Good Luck! I moved back to Florid, but still plan on keeping a Kentucky license, in case I decide to ever go back.

does this work for any state ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Mona Richardson in Plainview, Texas

63 months ago

I live in Texas and was wondering if my Texas CNA License will transfer to Arizona. If anyone knows I would appreciate an email. You can email me at this address:
richardsonmona@yahoo.com
I would appreciate anybody responding to my comment. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (131) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

cassy in Temperance, Michigan

63 months ago

i live in ohio and was wandering if my CNA license will transfer to nevada? If anyone knows please email me back and let me know i would appreciate it. My email is cassyjo69@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Casey.koda in Saint Maries, Idaho

62 months ago

i was wondering if my CNA license would transfer from Idaho to Arizon??
my email is casey83861@yahoo.com...

thanks very much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

TRISHA in Madera, California

62 months ago

HI MY MOM LIVES IN OKLAHOMA AND WANTS TO TRANSFER HER LICENSE TO CALIFORNIA DOES ANYONE KNOW IF SHE CAN DO THIS OR WOULD SHE HAVE TO TAKE THE CLASS OVER? OR CAN SHE JUST SIT FOR THE TEST?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (122) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

taybay in Mesa, Arizona

62 months ago

I just finished school here in Mesa, Arizona. I am about to take my state boards here, but as soon as I pass I am planning on moving to Colorado. Does anyone know if Colorado accepts Arizona CNA license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

babyblueeyes4599@yahoo.com in Lake Elsinore, California

62 months ago

I just finished & passed the CNA state board test for Calif.
I am planning on moving up to Oregon in a few years.
Do I have to take the class and state exam again, or is there a way that I can just transfer my license?
I will be working here in Calif. as a CNA until I move up there.
Thank you and if you can help me out...just send me an email.
God bless,
Theresa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Hill in Aurora, Colorado

61 months ago

I just moved to colorado springs from Missouri I wanted to know how do I go about changing my licese over. It a cna license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

BETSY RILEY in Tucson, Arizona

59 months ago

I AM PLANNING ON MEVING TO FLORIDA, I HAVE A CURRENT CNA LISCENCE IN ARIZONA AND WOULD LIKE TO ADD FLORIDA ON TO MY EXSISTING LISCENCE HOW DO I DO THIS???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Louisville, Kentucky

59 months ago

Debbie Bennett in Orlando, Florida said: I previously got my CNA License in the State of Florida and moved up to Kentucky. In order to get a license in Kentucky for a CNA, the hospital had be to call the Board of Nursing and they asked me for all my information on my license in which I held in Florida and just added on Kentucky to my license. Try calling the Board of Directors/Nursing and they should be able to help you. I was told that once you went thru the training and obtained a license that they don't put you thru that again. Good Luck! I moved back to Florid, but still plan on keeping a Kentucky license, in case I decide to ever go back.

thanks this really helped me alot ive been licensed in fl for 2 years and now im in ky trying to get a job and cant figure out what to do ... so now im gna look the num up for ky board of nursing .. thats greatt how u can jus add it that way i can work in both states so when i movve back to fl i wont have to do alla this again!! lol... THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tlcb in Frankfort, Kentucky

58 months ago

You should call the the {State Broad of Nursing} in the state you live in and and find out how to keep your certification active if your moving to another state.They sould have the best answers for your Questions on this matter.You sould be able to find this # for your state on the Board of Nursing web site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tahoetm in Huntington Beach, California

57 months ago

i have a cna liscense in the state of washington. how do i make this liscense good in california

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ashley in Lancaster, California

57 months ago

i just moved to cali form Maine and I am a CNA in maine but i was wondering if i had to retake the test out here? help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

whitneycvierra in Dumfries, Virginia

55 months ago

Hello i just recently moved from Maryland to Dumfries Va.. I haved a cna gan license and wanted to know what would i have to do to transfer my license over. My email address is whitneycierra@yahoo.com If anyone knows any information on what i need to know to get that done please feel free to email me thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CINDY in Monroe, Oregon

55 months ago

can i transfer my oregon cna license to arizona if so how?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

misslily in Phoenix, Arizona

54 months ago

CINDY in Monroe, Oregon said: can i transfer my oregon cna license to arizona if so how?

hi i just moved from salem oregon to glendale az 2 months ago oregon is a non transferable state it takes time obtain any nursing lic. and you wont be able to work til you get one ,go to the az state board of nursing then you print out a 17 pg application packet 1 pg goes to oregon state board of nursing along with 10.00$ and the other pages go to az board of nursuing with $50.00 then you wait for finger print cards to come in the mail,this is the waiting game once the prints come back it my take another month or so and all you get is a piece of paper,not like the plastic card Oregon gives out.i just found my verification online and now they got my prints back so again wait wait wait.hope this works,if you do move to az it works out faster to just bring the app to them and they will give you a print card and send you some where it goes much quicker.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JOHANNA MEDJESKY in Evansville, Indiana

54 months ago

I JUST RECENTLY MOVED FROM MISSISSIPPI TO EVANSVILLE INDIANA AND I AM STATE CERTIFIED THERE AS A CNA. I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO TRANSFER MY LICENSE SO I CAN GO TO WORK HERE. THEY ARE CURRENT IN MISSISSIPPI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jessymessy in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

i live in PA and i am wanting to transfer my cna to MD. Can anyone tell me, once i transfer to MD i am able to still work in in PA??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

maryf

54 months ago

hi..i have a CNA license in NJ. I live close by to NY and would like to work there. How do I get a second license as I want to keep the NJ license as well

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Rockville Centre, New York

54 months ago

I was trained and certified in Chicago as a CNA. I recently moved to New York in hopes that I can find work out here since I was not having any luck in Chicago. I transferred my license to the state of New York but would like to keep my license active in Chicago in the case that I land work there and move back. Does anyone know if when you transfer a license does it still stay active in the state you were trained and certified in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Lady Maverick in Murrieta, California

54 months ago

JoAnn Parker said: I was certified and licensed in Florida as an CNA, but never worked their. I moved to Arizona and I am having trouble getting a job because they want me to retake the complete CNA course in their state. Is their away to transfer my license to Arizona even though I was never employed in Florida. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

As what I suggested, call the State Board of Nursing or the State Dept. of Public Health Services where you are moving into, there is a process called RECIPROCITY, ask them about that process. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lady Maverick in Murrieta, California

54 months ago

babyblueeyes4599@yahoo.com in Lake Elsinore, California said: I just finished & passed the CNA state board test for Calif.
I am planning on moving up to Oregon in a few years.
Do I have to take the class and state exam again, or is there a way that I can just transfer my license?
I will be working here in Calif. as a CNA until I move up there.
Thank you and if you can help me out...just send me an email.
God bless,
Theresa

Again I would suggest for you to call the State Dept. of Public Health Services where you are planning to move and ask them about the RECIPROCITY process if they do it then you are good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

naera44 in Draper, Utah

54 months ago

I am moving to Arizona from Utah. I will be certified in Utah before I move. I was told that in order for me to receive an Arizona certification I would need to have completed a CNA program that consisted of at least 120 hours, or one that consisted of 75 hours plus 45 additional hours of working as a CNA before I could apply for an endorsement to transfer my cert to AZ, with a cost of course. You can go to www.azbn.gov I believe and pull up the requirements for out of state endorsements to apply for an Arizona Certification. Good Luck! I would suggest emailing somebody at the Arizona Board of Nursing, was more helpful to me than the receptionist there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

betsy_riley3@q.com in Tucson, Arizona

53 months ago

If you want to get answers to how to transfer your C.N.A. lisence to Arizona or add Arizona, I suggest that you go to the State Board of Nusing for Arizona. Arizona has harder rules. If the website does not answer your questions there is a phone number on the site where you can call and ask them the questions that pertain to your situation. Sorry that I don't have the number to post. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

june22aml in Tyler, Texas

53 months ago

Am currently a CNA here in Texas what all do I need to tranfer that to another state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mariah in Idaho Falls, Idaho

53 months ago

I am getting my Idaho CNA in MAY of this year and am moving to Washington in JUNE of this year. Does anyone know requirements? Can I easily transfer to work in Washington?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Margarita Mccoy in Otsego, Michigan

53 months ago

I just move to kalamazoo michigan im trying to get job here in kalamazoo,but i am register my cna in miami florida,here everybody said i need register my cna michigan state ..my licence expire in 12/31/2010 how i transfer my register???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Dejayna in Las Vegas, Nevada

51 months ago

Listen all my fellow CNA's, Any time you want to move from state to state you have to notify the state board of nursing that you want to move to. But please Please notify the state first before you move there and get license transfer first so you can have a job when you get there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

gllop

51 months ago

I am taking the coruse fro CNA on May 13th, and will be taking the State Certification as soon as I have finished. I am eager to become somebody in the nursing field that cares about there patients, not just somebody that is doing it because. In fall I am enrolled at Hillsborough Community College to take the EMT Course, and will hopefully get ALOT of exerience there. But I am eager for somebody to open the door and work with me knowing that I will be certified within 2 month MAX. Please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Gloversville, New York

51 months ago

check out some of your local nursing homes they are in desperate need of nurse's aides. Also check out the Nurse's Aide Registry for information on transferring your CNA or contact your department of Health and Human Services Agency they can advise you were to go.

gllop in Tampa, Florida

51 months ago

Thank you Kim, I want to make a difference, and I know at my age I ned to make it a lasting career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Birch Run, Michigan

50 months ago

this is all i get from all these Question as long as your CNA lincense is still active... so when u move u dont have to take any tests just let prometric know that you moved and maybe pay a fee to moving cuase im from MI and moving to CO springs in august and i need some kind of info. on the things i need to do to get ready. im having trouble figuring it out and i need to know so i can look for a job on the web and be ready to transfer instead of getting surpised does any one have an answer......

Mariah in Idaho Falls, Idaho

50 months ago

You need to contact the state board of nursing in colorado BEFORE you move. I contacted Washington online and they emailed me back within a few weeks, they gave me directions on their site. Some states, like Washington, just need an endorsement, but they also specifically require 4-7 hours of AIDS/HIV classes.

www.dora.state.co.us/NURSING/index.htm
click certified nursing aid
then click CNA license requirements
or
check out Application for Original License by Endorsement !!
Good luck that's all I could find for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

do u get the endorsement from the license agency or from ur employer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Enid, Oklahoma

50 months ago

I just moved to Oklahoma. I lived and worked in Arkansas as a CNA for year's but I let my license expire! I went to the hospital here and took the CPR coarse and I talked to one of the employee's here and they said if I wanted to that I could go somewhere online and challenge the test and take it without having to repeat the coarse!! That would be so great! If anyone has this information to tell me exactly what to do I would appreciate it because I feel I could do this!

april witt in Bowling Green, Kentucky

50 months ago

I have lived in kentucky for 12 years. when i moved here in 1998 i started work at a hospital. I was a cna for 5yrs in alabama. since then i have worked at another hospital and now at a mental health facility. i did not know about transferring mine from alabama until today. i looked on the alabama registry and it shows i am in good standing in alabama. does anyone know if i have to retest here in ky.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

does anyone know about the application for enrollment for an endorsment where do i get it or how

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kaylakg in Anderson, California

49 months ago

I have my C.N.A. licence in oregon and i have had it for over 6 months, and i have worked as a cna for that long, how do i get it transfured to california where i just moved to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Bridgeport, Michigan

48 months ago

does anyone know how to look up their history like ur disciplinary action to see if ur job had recorded it against my certificate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sharon morin in Kingman, Arizona

48 months ago

i have a CNA licence in the state of washing to and i just moved to california, how do i go about getting my CNA license transferred so i am able to obtain a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

triciamills4@aol.com in Mount Vernon, New York

48 months ago

TRISHA in Madera, California said: HI MY MOM LIVES IN OKLAHOMA AND WANTS TO TRANSFER HER LICENSE TO CALIFORNIA DOES ANYONE KNOW IF SHE CAN DO THIS OR WOULD SHE HAVE TO TAKE THE CLASS OVER? OR CAN SHE JUST SIT FOR THE TEST?

yes she can all she need to do is call the nursing registry for cna in california and tell them she just moved to cali. and need to tranfer her lic. from oklahoma to cali.she just need to have a address in cali. to give to them and u should be good she dont have to take no class over in every state cna's have 120 hrs to work until they get their lic back. good luck to u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Frankenmuth, Michigan

47 months ago

first u need to get an application for a endorsment and then u send it to the state u were certified in and they will send it to the state u live in now... also get ahold of the state ur livin in now and ask about the endorsment if it will help

kylee in Vernal, Utah

47 months ago

I am going to school to get my CNA and i only have two clinicals left and to take my state test, but im moving out of state to Arizona and i dont be able to finish before i leave. Cant i transfer my stuff that i have finish over with out having to retake the whole class again?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

juliesampson@cox.net in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

45 months ago

do i have to be certified to do live-in work if they require hands on help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

juliesampson@cox.net in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

45 months ago

do you have to be certified to do hands on care if you are a live in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ChristinaInKS in Wichita, Kansas

44 months ago

I live in KS. I am certified as a Nurse Aide here. I am currently employed by the hospital here in my town. I am soon moving to Colorado and want to know exactly what I have to do to be certified in CO or of my license will just transfer over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (76) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

augusta howard in Winston Salem, North Carolina

43 months ago

Lady Maverick in Murrieta, California said: Again I would suggest for you to call the State Dept. of Public Health Services where you are planning to move and ask them about the RECIPROCITY process if they do it then you are good.

Hi,i'm about to move to maryland.and i will like to know if my CNA will be transfer.I have already took the state board exam which was the written and i want to know if i will just have to take the skills or if i have to take it allover again.i am in winston salem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.