CNA Transfer to another state

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 106)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

caroljean in Jeffersonville, Indiana

41 months ago

I currently live in louisville ky. I am transferring to orlando florida. I know i have to apply for reciprocity(to transfer my cna license). But do i have to wait until i receive that in the mail there or can i go ahead and get the same type of job there or at least apply for jobs there ahead of time? I plan on moving in 1 month.Just trying to get a head start on things. Also i was wondering if anyone there knows of a good nursing school there? One that focuses on nursing without all the other college classes?caroljean6868@yahoo.com Thanks for any help or advice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Bay Shore, New York

38 months ago

I got my CNA license August of 2010 in NY. How many hours do I have to work a year to keep it? Or is it ever two years? I keep hearing differnt things and really would like to know. Thanks for any advice or help!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shashana in Collegedale, Tennessee

37 months ago

I am wanting to know if I move from the state of tennessee to california if I will have to take another Cna test. I have worked in Tn for 5 years and finishing my nursing have 11 classes left.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

caroljean in Kissimmee, Florida

37 months ago

1St of all contact the newyork board of nursing, They should be able to tell you if you need to retake the test or not.Some states you may have to re-test. You need to apply for "reciprocity"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lindsey in austin Texas in Sandy, Texas

35 months ago

im almost done with my CNA classes will be moving to ohio this winter, anyone live in ohio thats a cna know if i can just retake the state tedt or do i have to retake the whole class?!? email me @ Pishy87@gmail.com THANK YOU!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessi O'Rourke in Selma, Oregon

34 months ago

I have completed a CNA course in Cali. but moved to oregon before I took my boards test...I called the state (with no reply back yet) but does anyone know if I am going to have a problem with taking my boards test in Oregon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

VALERIENNZ in Imperial Beach, California

33 months ago

TRISHA in Madera, California said: HI MY MOM LIVES IN OKLAHOMA AND WANTS TO TRANSFER HER LICENSE TO CALIFORNIA DOES ANYONE KNOW IF SHE CAN DO THIS OR WOULD SHE HAVE TO TAKE THE CLASS OVER? OR CAN SHE JUST SIT FOR THE TEST?

I AM TRYING TO TRANSFER MY CNA FROM AZ TO CA AND THAT I KNO I DONT HAVE TO DO NEITHER..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

rporter07 in Richmond, Virginia

33 months ago

i got my cna in az moved to Germany to live with my husband who was stationed there now i live in va i was gone for 2 yrs what do i have to do for my license do i really have to re-take the class?? please just email me at foxyroxie142001@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

savannah in Lawton, Oklahoma

33 months ago

i am trying to transfer my cna license from ca to ok how do i do that please email me at savannah.mcluckie@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

cdeutsch21 in Prescott, Arizona

33 months ago

I want to get my CNA in Arizona but live in Oregon what would I have to do to transfer up to Oregon?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rporter07 in Richmond, Virginia

33 months ago

i would say contact organs nursing board

Jessi O'Rourke in Glendale, Oregon

33 months ago

I recieved my schooling in cali and having trouble getting someone to answer my call from oregons state board...if I get through i will gladly ask thorough questions to see if I can help at all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cdeutsch21 in Prescott, Arizona

33 months ago

thank you so much Jessi O'Rourke.

denise dale in Valdosta, Georgia

32 months ago

I went eo cna school in georgia but never got aroun to take the certification test because I moved to florida... can I take the test in florida?

morss in Corpus Christi, Texas

32 months ago

JoAnn Parker said: I was certified and licensed in Florida as an CNA, but never worked their. I moved to Arizona and I am having trouble getting a job because they want me to retake the complete CNA course in their state. Is their away to transfer my license to Arizona even though I was never employed in Florida. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

you need to find a way to reciprocate your license from Florida to Arizona. Most states have that transferability. Go through a nursing license office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Musa2011 in Drums, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

Can I be CNA in Maryland if I'm licensed in PA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jazmin in Fall River, Massachusetts

31 months ago

I have my Massachusetts C.N.A license for few years now and Im planning to move to Florida what can I do get it. Would I have to take classes or is their a website to transfer? if anyone knows please email me thank you

Lisa in Los Angeles, Califorina in Irvine, California

31 months ago

Arianna in Riverside, New Jersey said: Is your CNA certification still active? If it is then you dont need to re-take a CNA class in Arizona, you can get certification by endorsement. But, if your certification is expired then you will have to RE-TEST in Arizona.

I moved to Arizona and they are giving me a problem. Stating my clinical and class hours have to show on my certification from 1992. The transcript from the school shows 208 hours and Arizona stated they can't except that . I'm still fighting with them because they require 120 hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lola elliott in Centre, Alabama

30 months ago

i want to transfer my alabama certification to pennsylvania will they transfer i just recently got them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Los Angeles, Califorina in Riverside, California

30 months ago

Yes, u should be able to transfer. U should keep the first one active unless u don't plan on going back @ all.

30 months ago

Jazmin in Fall River, Massachusetts said: I have my Massachusetts C.N.A license for few years now and Im planning to move to Florida what can I do get it. Would I have to take classes or is their a website to transfer? if anyone knows please email me thank you

Call the nursing board n ask what information is needed. Than apply online before u plan on moving and apply for some jobs. Call human resources @ jobs n inform ur transferring.

30 months ago

sharon morin in Kingman, Arizona said: i have a CNA licence in the state of washing to and i just moved to california, how do i go about getting my CNA license transferred so i am able to obtain a job?

Apply for an endorsement online.

shakinah in Hyattsville, Maryland

30 months ago

I went to CNA school in virginia some where around 2000 but never got around to take the state board exam cuz i traveled and now live in MD. What would i have to do in order to transfer my CNA cert.from va to md.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Merwether in Searcy, Arkansas

30 months ago

I'm moving from Arkansas to Arizona, andwould like to know if anyone has successfully transferred CNA certificate to Arizona, without haveing to take a class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Los Angeles, Califorina in Tempe, Arizona

30 months ago

Make sure you print out an endorsement form fill it out. Before mailing make copies of transcripts and be sure it has clinical and theory hours separate. You will need to also have paper stating you passed state board testing, certificate from school that you completed nursing course, and to be safe copy of pay stub, and copy of nurses license or certificate. Mail in money order for $50.00. Apply for jobs online before coming to Arizona and get your finger printing done out here. The address is Office of Long Term Care 1661 E. Cambelback Road Suite 195, Phoenix , AZ 85016, . You will need copy of birth certificate or pass port and $12 for finger printing. If you have that done it suppose to make matters much easier but it depends on Arizona State Board of Nursing . Wish you the best.

Kat in Colorado Springs, Colorado

30 months ago

I would like to know if I can transfer my Colorado CNA license to Florida, or will I have to retake the test.

jennifer in El Paso, Texas

29 months ago

JoAnn Parker said: I was certified and licensed in Florida as an CNA, but never worked their. I moved to Arizona and I am having trouble getting a job because they want me to retake the complete CNA course in their state. Is their away to transfer my license to Arizona even though I was never employed in Florida. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

i got my cna cert in tucson az alls u have to do is provide them with the date and hours of ur cna completion and fill out this form u can dowload st www.az.cna.gov i dont remember what link but that is all u should need :)

sayjack in Carson, California

28 months ago

i think if you have more hours of school from your state vs another state requires less you can transfer

Margaret in Visalia, California

28 months ago

I had a question i moved to new jersey for 3months did my whole packet to transferred my cna licence got a letter saying it was approved and that i should be getting my cna license in a couple of weeks i never got it so i thought it never transferred i moved back to California then i get a phone call saying my cna license has been completely approved and in order for me to get it i have to go in person to sign for it but they are running a back ground check so i was wondering if once my license is transferred to new jersey could i still work in California or would i have to go through the whole process of transferring it back to California

Bruce in Lenoir, North Carolina

28 months ago

I was a cna in Jersey and know for a fact you can work in new jersey six months without a cna license but you must be in class and certified in that time frame I dont know about california I think you can just take the skills and written exam in california before you can work and pass both test,

collyv14@yahoo.com in Bangor, Maine

28 months ago

I have had a Maine CNA license for 20 years and my husband and I are talking about moving to Florida. Can anyone tell me if Florida will accept my Maine CNA licence ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Desperate Benton Harbor, MI in Mishawaka, Indiana

28 months ago

What do i have to do to transfer my CNA license for Michigan to CNA license for Indiana. Wanting to eventually relocte to Indiana, but having problems getting employment in Indiana because my CNA license are for Michigan?

Bruce in Lenoir, North Carolina

28 months ago

In most cases you have to retake the cna test written and skills before you can work. I think this is bull if your a cna in one state you should be able to work any state.

Nakeisha in Bergenfield, New Jersey

25 months ago

I am from irvington and I am a home healht ai d was working as a home health aid for twoyears now and I want to move to atlanta GA. Can I tranfer my license.

Mariah in Jeffersonville, Indiana

25 months ago

Hi yes I have a CNA here in Indiana, but I am about to move to Washington State because my fiance is based there. I haven't worked in Indiana as a CNA yet, but I just got certified in October. So is there anyway to transfer it there so that I can get a good job starting out? If so who all do I need to call and get ahold of to do this? I really dont want to lose my certification. Any help would be nice before I move there please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kjbuxton57 in Ringgold, Georgia

25 months ago

I am certified in the state of Tennessee and Georgia and would like to find out how to get certified in Oklahoma. anyone know?

mackie in El Centro, California

23 months ago

I got my certifiation for NURSING AID back 2010 in philippines my question is Can i transfer that here in California?!!
thanks alots..

herigon@tx.rr.com in Plano, Texas

23 months ago

My sister has a current CNA from Washington state and is interested in moving to TX. Does her CNA transfer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amy Hill in Denver, Colorado

23 months ago

I have my CNA certificate from Florida and have now moved to Colorado. I still have an active certificate but I need to update my in-services. How do I transfer to Colorado and do in-services? Please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tomdancer1013 in EAST MEADOW, New York

16 months ago

HELLO I AM A NYS CERTF. CNA FOR 29 YEARS I WANT TO MOVE TO S C
WHEN THEY GO TO MY CRIMINAL RECORD ALWAYS HAVE A PROBLEM I HAVE FEW DWI ALL IN NY WILL THERE BE A PROBLEM ME SWITCHING MY CNA LIC. TO S C
I HAVE NO RECORD IN S C OR ANY WHERE ELSE JUST BAD MISTAKE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER
I HAVE GREAT REF. AND AM A GREAT CNA JUST WANT TO RELOCATE PLEASE GET BACK TO ME THANK YOU

tomdancer1013 in EAST MEADOW, New York

16 months ago

tomdancer1013 in EAST MEADOW, New York said: HELLO I AM A NYS CERTF. CNA FOR 29 YEARS I WANT TO MOVE TO S C
WHEN THEY GO TO MY CRIMINAL RECORD ALWAYS HAVE A PROBLEM I HAVE FEW DWI ALL IN NY WILL THERE BE A PROBLEM ME SWITCHING MY CNA LIC. TO S C
I HAVE NO RECORD IN S C OR ANY WHERE ELSE JUST BAD MISTAKE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER
I HAVE GREAT REF. AND AM A GREAT CNA JUST WANT TO RELOCATE PLEASE GET BACK TO ME THANK YOU

AND OVER 7, 20 AND 23 YEARS AGO THESE DWI I GOT , WAS BAD MISTAKE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER .. WILL THIS BE A PROBLEM ?

YOYO255 in Fayetteville, Georgia

15 months ago

Do I have to take the CNA class back over If I let my license expire, or can I just take the test over.

YOYO255 in Fayetteville, Georgia

15 months ago

Are you saying that I can just take the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

D Marshall in Elizabeth, West Virginia

15 months ago

If you already are Licensed, Certified, Registered or State Approved in your own State and want to move to another state, you will need to request reciprocity. This means that you are asking the new state to recognize the approval you received from your home state. Contact the State registry in your home state and request a "Application for Enrollment By Reciprocity". Ask them if you should send the completed form to them or to the state to which you are moving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

SCKellv in San Diego, California

14 months ago

I did at home health care for 3 years when I lived in South Carolina but never got my CNA license. I want get it now since I can't find a job here in California but at some point I will be going to SC for a while and hopefully working at my old job. If I got my CNA license in SC and I'm there for at least 6 months and come back to California would I have to take the test over?

lnelson1230 in Murrieta, California

14 months ago

JoAnn Parker said: I was certified and licensed in Florida as an CNA , but never worked their. I moved to Arizona and I am having trouble getting a job because they want me to retake the complete CNA course in their state. Is their away to transfer my license to Arizona even though I was never employed in Florida. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, how long have you had your CNA in Florida? If it has not expired yet you should be able to transfer. You will have to put up a fight with Arizona Nursing Board because they do give people a heard time.

Mama in Auburn, Maine

13 months ago

collyv14@yahoo.com in Bangor, Maine said: I have had a Maine CNA license for 20 years and my husband and I are talking about moving to Florida. Can anyone tell me if Florida will accept my Maine CNA licence ?

Maine has the highest standards for the CNA program, so as long as it's active it should transfer with no problems. You have to fill out the form, pay the fee, get fingerprinted, then done deal!! I'm moving to GA in a few weeks and doing the same thing.

spmove in Detroit, Michigan

12 months ago

has anyone went through the change over from mich to indiana? i am looking to move in feb 2014 and need to know how to transfer my c.n.a certification...if u been thru this plz let me know what i need to do...thank u

Rams Heat in Seattle, Washington

12 months ago

Website link for CNA reciprocity in for all states in the United States:
cnatraininghelp.com/cna-certification/

WA State website for information regarding CNA Certification transfer:
cnatraininghelp.com/cna-certification/washington/

WA State CNA Cert Transfer form:
www.doh.wa.gov/portals/1/Documents/Pubs/667039.pdf

Contact information for the WA State Nursing Board in Olympia:
www.doh.wa.gov/AboutUs/ProgramsandServices/HealthSystemsQualityAssurance/ContactUs.aspx

Leslie Whatley in Dalhart, Texas

11 months ago

i need to tranfer my texas cna to colorda

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.