CNA recertification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (40)

Silvia in Modesto, California

72 months ago

Its been a long time (more than 5yrs) since I was active as a CNA/home health aide. Can anyone shed some light as what the process to get recertified? Your input will be greatly appreciated!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (607) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

Teresa Raygoza in Hinsdale, Illinois

72 months ago

I really need to find out how to get recertified in Ilinois can someone tell me how to go about the process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

D. Williams in Chicago, Illinois

71 months ago

I'm having a hard timw recerifying also, first you have to call idph in springfield have them send you a recertification packet. Once you have that you have to have a state certified trainer watch you complete the 21 steps sign it and send that back to state, a new background check, and take the test over, but the state will give you a date to take the test once the 21 steps is complete. Now I'm having trouble finding a state cerified trainer, I called the school I graduted from initially as a CNA, but they gave me a website that doesn't work. So if you have any luck send me the info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Dwaya Reed in Springfield, Illinois

71 months ago

i am trying to transfer my cna license over to il. i am not active in iowa from not working in four yrs. what do i do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy C. in Commerce, Georgia

71 months ago

I have found out that if you haven't worked in a facility or done anykind of nursing like health care or home nurse with in 2yrs of when you liciense expire you have to take the whole course over again.This is for georgia so it might be different else where.you can call the board of nursing certification and they will tell you.Good luck..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mechelle in Franklin, Michigan

70 months ago

I don't know how each state works when it comes to getting a CNA certification back, but here in Michigan, you have sixty days after the day your license expire to renew, if not then you will have to go through the classes and start over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Y. Bryant in Jacksonville, Florida

70 months ago

I haven't worked as a CNA since 2005 so I wanted to know what steps do I need to take to get my license reinstated to go back to work in Florida.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Cecil in Grand Rapids, Michigan

70 months ago

Trying to get recertified in michigan for my cna not sure how to go about that any suggestions?
Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mechelle in Southfield, Michigan

70 months ago

Trying to get recertifed as a nurses assistant in Michigan depends on two things, how long has it been since your certification expired and if it has been more than 60 days past the original expiration date, then you would have to go back to class, I am sure about this because I have been certified since 1994.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

It has been more than 60 days but I was wondering if the classes I need To Take would be available at a community college or do I need to go somewhere else?Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

I had another question to add to that,I was certified before they put an expiration date on the certification,(I went back and looked at my papers and realized there wasn't one)I stopped working as a CNA about 3-4 years ago because I made more working at a Laser factory,but all of us in M.I. know how that industry went.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lilrosebud12001 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

66 months ago

Silvia in Modesto, California said: Its been a long time (more than 5yrs) since I was active as a CNA/home health aide. Can anyone shed some light as what the process to get recertified? Your input will be greatly appreciated!!

try

www.testprepsecrets.com/sginclude/nnaap.htm

www-nursing-careers.com/post.php

www.mo-media.com/nnaap/

www.ncsbn.org/1480.htm

www.indeed.com/forum/job/certified-nursing-assistant/05390c183c137e19707f4102?rss

put this is the Test go to
www.NNAAP™ Nurse Aide Practice Written Exam Packet . com

NNAAP™ Nurse Aide
Practice Written Exam Packet
TM
The NNAAP™ Practice Written Examination is currently available for the following states: Alabama, Alaska, California, Colorado,
Connecticut, Delaware, Washington D.C., Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire,
New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington
(state), and Wyoming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Teresa Raygoza in Hinsdale, Illinois said: I really need to find out how to get recertified in Ilinois can someone tell me how to go about the process?

try

www.NNAAP™ Nurse Aide
Practice Written Exam Packet.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Dwaya Reed in Springfield, Illinois said: i am trying to transfer my cna license over to il. i am not active in iowa from not working in four yrs. what do i do?

try

www.mo-media.com/nnaap/

www.ncsbn.org/1480.htm

www.indeed.com/forum/job/certified-nursing-assistant/05390c183c137e19707f4102?rss

NNAAP™ Nurse Aide
TM
The NNAAP™ Practice Written Examination is currently available for the following states: Alabama, Alaska, California, Colorado,
Connecticut, Delaware, Washington D.C., Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire,
New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington
(state), and Wyoming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Cindy C. in Commerce, Georgia said: I have found out that if you haven't worked in a facility or done anykind of nursing like health care or home nurse with in 2yrs of when you liciense expire you have to take the whole course over again.This is for georgia so it might be different else where.you can call the board of nursing certification and they will tell you.Good luck..

try

www.mo-media.com/nnaap/

www.ncsbn.org/1480.htm

NNAAP™ Nurse Aide
TM
(state), and Wyoming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Mechelle in Franklin, Michigan said: I don't know how each state works when it comes to getting a CNA certification back, but here in Michigan, you have sixty days after the day your license expire to renew, if not then you will have to go through the classes and start over.

try

www.mo-media.com/nnaap/

www.ncsbn.org/1480.htm

NNAAP™ Nurse Aide
TM
(state), and Wyoming.

66 months ago

Y. Bryant in Jacksonville, Florida said: I haven't worked as a CNA since 2005 so I wanted to know what steps do I need to take to get my license reinstated to go back to work in Florida.

try

www.mo-media.com/nnaap/

www.ncsbn.org/1480.htm

NNAAP™ Nurse Aide
TM
(state), and Wyoming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arianna in Riverside, New Jersey

66 months ago

Teresa Raygoza in Hinsdale, Illinois said: I really need to find out how to get recertified in Ilinois can someone tell me how to go about the process?

How long ago did your certification expire? Usually if you did not work as a CNA for the last five years you will need to re-take a nurse aide class and re-take the state examination in order to become certified once again. If it's less than five years since your certification expired you can challenge the CNA exam only.
For those who are looking to re-take a nurse aide course or just to find out about the rules and regulations in their state, you can go to www.cnatips.com
Good luck to everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chris in Stillwater, Oklahoma

66 months ago

I have my cna for Developmentaly disable but I want to get my home health aide cna how do i do this do I have to take another test? Or will they just change my cna to home health aide?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angellina S in Riverside, New Jersey

65 months ago

chris in Stillwater, Oklahoma said: I have my cna for Developmentaly disable but I want to get my home health aide cna how do i do this do I have to take another test? Or will they just change my cna to home health aide?

Hi!
You do have to pass a Home Health Aide test in order to be certified as a Home Health Aide and placed on the Registry. Once you pass the test you will have 2 certifications. Here is what the state of Oklahoma legislation says:
"An individual who is listed in the nurse aide registry as a long term care aide may be employed by a home care agency upon successful completion of a Department approved home care skills examination and at least sixteen (16) hours of orientation specific to the employer's population. The individual will be placed on the registry as being certified as a Home Health Aide after successfully passing the examination."
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

plumclassey in Toccoa, Georgia

65 months ago

Cindy C. in Commerce, Georgia said: I have found out that if you haven't worked in a facility or done anykind of nursing like health care or home nurse with in 2yrs of when you liciense expire you have to take the whole course over again.This is for georgia so it might be different else where.you can call the board of nursing certification and they will tell you.Good luck..

how did you find the ph# for the board of certification?

plumclassey in Toccoa, Georgia

65 months ago

how did you find the ph# for the board of certification? i can not find it.

TrevisMae in Baltimore, Maryland

65 months ago

Iam trying to get in a cna class that is free baltimore md. county. please help. thank you.

65 months ago

Iam trying to get in a cna class that is free baltimore md. county. please help. thank you.

65 months ago

what is a recertification packet from the your state, and how can i get one.

Danielle Counter

65 months ago

Im getting my CNA in New Mexico but im going to be moving to South Dakota next summer. Does anyone know how to transfer certifications?

andrea in College Station, Texas

65 months ago

i had a texas cna several years ago and i was wondering what the proccess would be to recertify me cna

margie4507 in Rock Springs, Wyoming

65 months ago

Check with your states; State Board of Nursing on their rules and regualtions. That would be the best thing to do.

aigheannach in Madison, Wisconsin

64 months ago

My certification expired on 12/01/2007 as a cna. I am still on registry in Wisc. I am still working at a home care job. I wish they had online classes to keep up with certification. I know you have to keep up with at least 12 hours a year in 1hr inservices if you work in a facility but I do not. I am however still eligible to work in certain non-medicaid medicare facilities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth

64 months ago

Need The address Nurseing Recertification Albuquerque, New Mexico

alicefillip@ymail.com in Dearborn, Michigan

61 months ago

I was a cna back in 1995 and never renewed my certification. My question is how do I get recertified.

Florence in Chico, California

61 months ago

I am having trouble finding a websiste for my recertification I am an active CNA working at rehab hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

selina demetro in gastonia, North Carolina

60 months ago

i let my license lapse in 97 and i want to return to cna work. can i just recertify, and if so if ther is anyone in the area who offers the class please let me know the price and how long it will take. selina.demetro@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rani in Spring Valley, California

59 months ago

I went to cna@cdph.ca.gov

Rani in Spring Valley, California

59 months ago

Florence in Chico, California said: I am having trouble finding a websiste for my recertification I am an active CNA working at rehab hospital.

cna@cdph.ca.gov

SMACHAECHA@YAHOO.COM in Indianapolis, Indiana

54 months ago

I HAVE HAD MY CNA LIC 4 3 YRS AND ITS TIME 2 RECERTIFY THEM WHAT DO I NEED 2 DO SO I DONT LOOSE THEM.

blondie_002174 in Panama City, Florida

54 months ago

I use to live in michigan and now i moved to florida. I let my cna licence laps and i need to get it renewed but here in florida i can find anything just on that! anyone have any suggestions???

medicman15 in Effingham, Illinois

51 months ago

It's been about 4 yrs since i used my cna lic and i need to be recertified in Il how do i get recertified online for free

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

CJ Gray in Dixon, Illinois

50 months ago

I was wondering how to get recertified. I have not worked in a nurse home in 9 years. But I have worked in private care the whole time. I tried to get back into the homes but My name was not on the list any more. What can I do? I was done everything you do in a nursing home and more in private care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

toni_askew@yahoo.com in Albany, Georgia

31 months ago

I lost my certification as a CNA in 1999, and i just want to know is there any classes i can take either on line or off line that is legit and don't cost a whole lot to get recertified again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.