CNA transition

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

jhatfield_08@yahoo.com in Santa Maria, California

66 months ago

I just moved from colorado to california and I got my cna licence in colorado I was wondering on how to go about transferring it. Does anyone know, and how many hours it requires out here?!?!?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Arianna in Riverside, New Jersey

66 months ago

You can transfer your certificate by a process called "reciprocity". Your certificate in Colorado must be in good standing(no history of abuse, neglect, etc.) and you must be listed as "Active" on Colorado Nurse Aide Registry. It is a process that requires several steps and some calling from your part.

You must call the Colorado Nurse Aide Registry first and request a "Application for Enrollment By Reciprocity". Ask them if you should send the completed form to them or to the state to which you are moving (California).
Then contact California Nurse Aide Registry and ask them the same thing.
Always get the name of those who talk with you and their phone numbers.
Once you have the application fill it out and send it to the Registry you have you (either your state or California -- this is why u call them to figure out where to send it once you fill it out).
For registry websites and phone numbers you can go to www.cnatips.com
Good luck!

jhatfield_08@yahoo.com in Santa Maria, California

66 months ago

THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I've looked everywhere and called a million people!!!!! I appreciate the help!!!!

Arianna in Riverside, New Jersey

66 months ago

jhatfield_08@yahoo.com in Santa Maria, California said: THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I've looked everywhere and called a million people!!!!! I appreciate the help!!!!

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help :)

sgb8098 in Woodstock, Georgia

34 months ago

I have a question.I have 8 years in administrative secretarial work. I have been volunteering at a hospice and trying to apply in hospitals admin, ER to get my foot into the hosiptal door. I have tried emailing, calling hr but no one returns msgs / emails. Would it be suggested for me to earn my cna then i would be able to apply for a hosiptal job and possibly get the hospital to pay for my nursing degree? I live in the North Atlanta area

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.