Comments (1 to 50 of 206)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

KRYSTAL in Louisville, Kentucky

82 months ago

DO ANYONE KNOW ANY PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TAKE FREE CNA CLASSES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1923) / No (193) Reply - Report abuse

stephanie short in Louisville, Kentucky

82 months ago

KRYSTAL in Louisville, Kentucky said: DO ANYONE KNOW ANY PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TAKE FREE CNA CLASSES

did you find any place? if so can you email me at short0307@insightbb.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (204) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Portocarrero in Louisville, Kentucky

79 months ago

Is there Really CNA classes that are free in Louisville. KY.. If there is please email me @ mommymichell1987@live.com or jportocarrer2403@hotmail.com.. I would be so thankful for any help.

Thank you,
Michelle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (209) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

cait in Louisville, Kentucky

78 months ago

barb in Louisville, Kentucky said: most nursing homes here in louisville has nursing assistant classes that they pay for and you work for them until you are certified you just have to call them and see when they will be having classes that is how I was certified through a nursing home in Louisville hope this helps

can u tell me which nursing homes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (90) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Louisville, Kentucky

78 months ago

lexy in Louisville, Kentucky said: there are no free CNA classes in louisville but the kentuckiana works program will pay for you to go to school up to three thousand dollars and it never has to be repaid you can apply for this "loan" through the NIA Center on 29 and Broadway

...yes there are free classes in louisville, employer paid!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

vecee burch in Louisville, Kentucky

78 months ago

Stephanie in Louisville, Kentucky said: ...yes there are free classes in louisville, employer paid!

hello i just wanted to know what the nia center meant by being enrolled in a course. if i wanted to go to nurse tech without paying can they help me apply for a loan or what?vecee502@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

vecee burch in Louisville, Kentucky

78 months ago

what facilities help pay for certification and can i go for lpn before cna?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in Louisville, Kentucky

78 months ago

this might help you out: look up trainingcenter.com
nursing-schools.com
topnursing/medicalcareers

i know that you can go to tkhe NIA center off 29th and broadway and sign up and they can help you find a school and theyll pay up to $3,000 of your schooling and you do not have to pay it back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Louisville, Kentucky

77 months ago

there are free cna classes in louisville, get a jobnews paper anywhere in the city and look. if you take the intiative and look around or call places you will be able to find that class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

cindy in Louisville, Kentucky

77 months ago

Stephanie in Louisville, Kentucky said: ...yes there are free classes in louisville, employer paid!

do u know of any right off hand i have been calling and i have not had any success yet finding cna trining any where,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dean in Louisville, Kentucky

77 months ago

i am a certified nursing assistant and my cpr has expired and i have 15 years experience, i don't have money to pay for the cpr classes. is there anyway i can get it updated through an agency or nursing hope.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Shepherdsville, Kentucky

77 months ago

Where can I go to take the CNA classes, how much, is there anyway I can get it free or discounted and will they help set me up with a job?? If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it! bjtsego@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JENNIFER in Louisville, Kentucky

76 months ago

I LOST MY CNA 11 YRS AGO DUE TO HAVING A CHILD AND MY OBGYN SAID TO QUIT DUE TO THE RISK OF MY FETUS CATCHING RSVP... I DESPERATELY WANT IT BACK BUT HAVE TO WORK FULL TIME JOB DURING THE DAY THAT I CAN NOT QUIT TIL I OBTAIN ANOTHER JOB BECAUSE I AM A SINGLE MOM.. ANY SUGGESTIONS???...ANY WOULD BE GREAT!!!!! I WILL BE WILLING TO GO TO WEEKEND CLASSES OR EVEN NIGHT CLASSES... I JUST WANT TO GO BACK TO THE ONE JOB I LOVED!!!!! HOME OF THE INNOCENTS!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Louisville, Kentucky

76 months ago

toya in Louisville, Kentucky said: the nia center on 31 first and broadway downtown louisville,ky
Do you have to take the TABE test before the Nia center will help in paying for CNA classes at the American Red Cross?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

yenny in Greenville, South Carolina

76 months ago

can you let me know which nursing home paid for your clases my email is lamazares@insightbb.com thanks

barb in Louisville, Kentucky said: most nursing homes here in louisville has nursing assistant classes that they pay for and you work for them until you are certified you just have to call them and see when they will be having classes that is how I was certified through a nursing home in Louisville hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Vickie in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky

76 months ago

Where can I get my CNA license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Senior Helpers is a private duty CNA agency, Home Instead is also a private duty nursing agency or if you want to work in a nursing home Parkway Medical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Louisville, Kentucky

75 months ago

The last I heard Masonic of Louisville and Britthaven south offered the free cna training after you are hired there. The nia center will cover it. Also Jewish hires NA's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Heather in Louisville, Kentucky said: The last I heard Masonic of Louisville and Britthaven south offered the free cna training after you are hired there. The nia center will cover it. Also Jewish hires NA's.

I use to work at Jewish about 7 yrs ago as a Nursing Assistant, I will check at Masonic and Britthaven. Thanks for the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Samantha in Louisville, Kentucky

75 months ago

Heather in Louisville, Kentucky said: The last I heard Masonic of Louisville and Britthaven south offered the free cna training after you are hired there. The nia center will cover it. Also Jewish hires NA's.

you do not want to work at Britthaven of Prospect. If you do, chances you won't be there for very long

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sandy in Louisville, Kentucky

75 months ago

manfred reid in Louisville, Kentucky said: am looking for a cna class that is free please let me know asap louisville4556@yahoo.com thanks

i am interested in free cna classes do you have any info?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Toya in Louisville, Kentucky

75 months ago

I know Parkway Medical do free CNA classes. You have to go and fill out their application and then wait for them to call you in for the interview,if u get accepted they will put you through their CNA training course. I know Baptist Hospital east haves them sometimes too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Toya08 in Louisville, Kentucky

75 months ago

Christpher east also has them on browns lane you will have to call and see cuz i think they only have them a few times a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stephanie in Fort Knox, Kentucky

75 months ago

JENNIFER in Louisville, Kentucky said: I LOST MY CNA 11 YRS AGO DUE TO HAVING A CHILD AND MY OBGYN SAID TO QUIT DUE TO THE RISK OF MY FETUS CATCHING RSVP... I DESPERATELY WANT IT BACK BUT HAVE TO WORK FULL TIME JOB DURING THE DAY THAT I CAN NOT QUIT TIL I OBTAIN ANOTHER JOB BECAUSE I AM A SINGLE MOM.. ANY SUGGESTIONS???...ANY WOULD BE GREAT!!!!! I WILL BE WILLING TO GO TO WEEKEND CLASSES OR EVEN NIGHT CLASSES... I JUST WANT TO GO BACK TO THE ONE JOB I LOVED!!!!! HOME OF THE INNOCENTS!!!

Great CNA training in Indiana for 450 weekend classes start november 29th. always have night classes available. takes 3 weeks with night classes and 5 weeks with longer days for the wkeend course. You apply for the Ky registry after being put in the In registry for no extra cost.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mick in Shepherdsville, Kentucky

74 months ago

Courtney in Louisville, Kentucky said: Does anyone know what level of schooling if any that you have to have to start cna classes? my friend told me that you dont even have to have a GED?! please email me back if anyone knows at dierufc@yahoo.com thanks

you do need ged/high school diploma. you need current TB skin test, drivers license for proof of residence or piece of mail addressed to you at your home, background check for this state, no felonies or misdemeanors allowed. I am starting classes Nov 12 and will be finished and ready to test after Nov 25. I opted to take the two week "Express Course" because i've had some of this before. Go online to Kentuckianaworks.com. they have locations all over the area. I went to the one in shepherdsville ky. the classes are downtown at chestnut and jackson across from university hospital. 8am - 4pm M-F for what I'm doing but some are M-W-F only and 3 weeks long plus clinicals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Crystal Young in Louisville, Kentucky

74 months ago

I also went to kentuckianworks however I can not pass the TABE test in order to recieve money for the CNA classses. Is their any way around the TABE test or do ypou have any tips in perperation for taking the TABE test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Louisville, Kentucky

74 months ago

do anybody know were i can take free cna classes in louisville

Sarah in Marshalltown, Iowa

74 months ago

KRYSTAL in Louisville, Kentucky said: DO ANYONE KNOW ANY PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TAKE FREE CNA CLASSES

I dont know of where you can take free CNA classes but im in Iowa and after i finish my classes and then take both tests and get hired the place that hires me has to refund me all my money for both the class and the tests. It all has to do with OBRA which is a federal mandate about taking the classes and the tests. So i suggest that u take the class even though you would have to pay u would still get the money back. Or you could start looking at nursing homes now and some will pay for your classes and tests so long as you agree to work there once you finish the class and tests. I hope this was helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Louisville, Kentucky

74 months ago

Hey, looking for CNA classes in Kentucky but don't really want the two week crash course, would rather do nights or something like that. Anybody have any advice? I really want to do this but feel a little reluctant because of my age (50!) Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Leslie in Louisville, Kentucky

73 months ago

do you know which ones exactly that have these classes? I have called an been to most of the ones I could get a hold of an they said they don't do or have cna classes like that can you please help me with this particular problem so I can better myself an my family as well?

Thanks A LOT,
P.S. leslie_loves_walley@yahoo.com
This is where you can reach me. I would very much appreciate it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nurse2009 in Louisville, Kentucky

73 months ago

Anne in Louisville, Kentucky said: Hey, looking for CNA classes in Kentucky but don't really want the two week crash course, would rather do nights or something like that. Anybody have any advice? I really want to do this but feel a little reluctant because of my age (50!) Help!

I am currently a LPN student and there is two 51 year old ladies in my class, and they are doing great. You can get assistance paying for the course through the KY Workforce Investments Act, in Louisville or you can call Jefferson Community and TEchnical in Shelbyville ask for Julie Raulerson and she can direct you where to call. JCC offers a CNA course, b=not sure of the cost or times I took mine at KY healthcare Training INstitute

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Louisville, Kentucky

73 months ago

I just currently had a daughter and have moved to a new town and am looking to pursue a CNA license. If anyone knows where you can recieve this FREE OF CHARGE, please let me know!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Toya08 in Louisville, Kentucky

71 months ago

Yea Contact the red cross:).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jamieLynn in Louisville, Kentucky

71 months ago

just trying to get some information on CNA. I am willing to do it. I was needing to know how the courses work and how long it may take. I am also looking for some where to go take them. I live in Louisville,Ky

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rose in Louisville, Kentucky

71 months ago

I really don't know where you can go but call the nursing homes and hospitals to see if they have programs set up for training. I know they had them in Georgia and I know they have the classes here somewhere because my friend her daughter is taking the course and she told me on Sunday that at the test was easy but she did not pass the clinical part. So where ever you do decide to go make sure you are focused on beside manner and patient temperature all the vital signs readings are pertinent in proper care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lilprettyhorses@bellsouth.net in Louisville, Kentucky

71 months ago

Looking for free cna class that is starting in the very near future. I have resently lost my current job position and have 2 daughters (1 diabetic) to support. Have called many nursing homes / hospitals but no returned calls with any hope. Please email if anyone hears of an opening.

MELISSA ROMINE in Lexington, Kentucky

71 months ago

yes at PARKWAY MEDICAL ON EASTERN PARKWAY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cat in Louisville, Kentucky

70 months ago

do not fall for anything,,,they all say they can help you but they can't all funds are frozen....i tried

mybaby1 in Louisville, Kentucky

70 months ago

there is no free classes but there is still a few nursing homes that will pay for your school. As long as you work for that company a year or so. as far as school goes there is a school that went to Nurse Aide Training Center on Linn Station Rd Louisville, ky

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lcafebdew@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky

70 months ago

Crystal Young in Louisville, Kentucky said: I also went to kentuckianworks however I can not pass the TABE test in order to recieve money for the CNA classses. Is their any way around the TABE test or do ypou have any tips in perperation for taking the TABE test.

there is a practice TABE test online. Just Google TABE and it will pull up all kinds of practice tests.

lcafebdew@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky

70 months ago

You have to pay for the TABE test in order to complete the CNA program. How much does it cost?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

carricahall@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky

70 months ago

My bad lcafebdew@yahoo.com, I put in the wrong thing. You have to pay for the TABE test in order to complete the CNA program. How much does it cost?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Can you tell me where I can get this info at? Email me at carricahall@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

can you tell me where the nursing homes that will give me CNA training for free. I will appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

meik in Houston, Texas

70 months ago

Crystal in Louisville, Kentucky said: Do you have to take the TABE test before the Nia center will help in paying for CNA classes at the American Red Cross?

yes you do i had to do that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bethanie in Louisville, Kentucky

69 months ago

Kentuckiana Works offers some education assistance through the workforce investment act. There are two categories for eligibility 1) dislocated worker program which is for those that have been laid off or exhausted unemployment benefits 2) The adult program based on an individual's skill, educational level and ability to earn a self sufficient income. I believe they cover 4k per year in assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jamie in Louisville, Kentucky

69 months ago

aww thanks alot Beth.. umm what kind of math does the TABE consist of... thanks alot for any answers

jlynnbiggerstaff@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky

69 months ago

carricahall@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky said: can you tell me where the nursing homes that will give me CNA training for free. I will appreciated.

Was it hard to do the test? I have heard that it is very hard. What are your hours do they make you work 3rd shift? Thanks alot, Please write me back. Also my friend doesn't have a diploma is that true that they will let you get certified and work for them with out a diploma or G.E.D.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cyoung in Louisville, Kentucky

69 months ago

The TABE you have to study to prepare for the test. The Buillit County WIA Center is the best one to go to because they will work with you. They have free class room tutoring that will prepare you to take the test. I have taken the test twice and when I talked to others who took the test they have taken the test more then once. On-line at CPAT Test.com you can study at home and their is a counselor in Bullit County that will set you up at home to help you with your TABE test to improve your test scores from home. I need to start studying again b/c I will go back for the thrid time to take the test. You know waht they say 3 times is a charm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bethanie in Louisville, Kentucky

69 months ago

They told me the JCC campus in Shelbyville will work with you on the TABE test too until you pass it. It is supposed to be basic math and english. Jly, I know that Kentuckian Works requires a diploma or GED to qualify for their funding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.