FREE CNA CLASSES IN LOUISVILLE KY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 208)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

chae in Louisville, Kentucky

65 months ago

what nursing home did you go to kyrstal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Louisville, Kentucky

65 months ago

Parkway Medical in Louisville, Ky taking applications in the first week of May.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nisha101 in Louisville, Kentucky

65 months ago

how can i get info? email: ms.toocool@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nisha101 in Louisville, Kentucky

65 months ago

I really want to know how to get CNA classes and I need Info? How much is the classes how can I find about the Classes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Karenbibbs@hotmail.com in Louisville, Kentucky

65 months ago

Courtney in Louisville, Kentucky said: Does anyone know what level of schooling if any that you have to have to start cna classes? my friend told me that you dont even have to have a GED?! please email me back if anyone knows at dierufc@yahoo.com thanks

could someone please email me and let me no what schools will let me in to take cna classes without a GED email me at karenbibbs@hotmail.com

crystal payne in Louisville, Kentucky

64 months ago

I am Crystal Payne in louisville KY , If your looking to go to CNA without taking a Tabe test. Go threw the Community Action Agency at 801 Barret Ave, Louisville Ky. Call to speak to Cecily over the CNA program it is free. They pay Tution, books, uniforms, blood pressure cups, posible CPR. All you need to do is call Cecily she paid everything for me at least $ 1500. They have new classes forming threw american Red Cross.Now, American Red Cross does the CNA online, and 2 days clinicals. If your low income it will be free. Other tips once you get 3 to 6 months experience in that field try MSN-Medical Staffing Network. Pay is 15-18 hourly depending on place of work.Home health pays 10 hour. Ams- pays 14 hourly, Guardian Angel pays 12.00 to 15.00 hour. They our the best in louisville, and apiscal home pays 11.00 perment for CNA off of westport road. If you do not work agency its hard to make a descent pay-average pay for hospital and nursing homes range from $7.80 to 10.80 or lower. Its been awhile since I've worked. Now the NIA center on 28th broadway gives funding for college/ CNa , you have to take a tabe test the score is 7 or 8. Now, I took the tabe free that was several months ago. They may be chargring now. For the Community Action Agency - you need proof of income, essay 500words, id, and social security cards of everyone living in the house.Good look. Joi at Community Action Agency will be giving scholarships for college in the fall, and free money for dentist work, and eye doctors. Whatever you do dont work in a nursing home because its hard work and they pay less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No Reply - Report abuse

Netta in Louisville, Kentucky

64 months ago

Courtney in Louisville, Kentucky said: Does anyone know what level of schooling if any that you have to have to start cna classes? my friend told me that you dont even have to have a GED?! please email me back if anyone knows at dierufc@yahoo.com thanks

No you do not have to have a Ged or finish High school to be a cna. There is a nursing home Oaklawn that will hire you and train you to be a cna also Parkway Medical center also offer this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

crystal payne in Louisville, Kentucky said: I am Crystal Payne in louisville KY , If your looking to go to CNA without taking a Tabe test. Go threw the Community Action Agency at 801 Barret Ave, Louisville Ky. Call to speak to Cecily over the CNA program it is free. They pay Tution, books, uniforms, blood pressure cups, posible CPR. All you need to do is call Cecily she paid everything for me at least $ 1500. They have new classes forming threw american Red Cross.Now, American Red Cross does the CNA online, and 2 days clinicals. If your low income it will be free. Other tips once you get 3 to 6 months experience in that field try MSN-Medical Staffing Network. Pay is 15-18 hourly depending on place of work.Home health pays 10 hour. Ams- pays 14 hourly, Guardian Angel pays 12.00 to 15.00 hour. They our the best in louisville, and apiscal home pays 11.00 perment for CNA off of westport road. If you do not work agency its hard to make a descent pay-average pay for hospital and nursing homes range from $7.80 to 10.80 or lower. Its been awhile since I've worked. Now the NIA center on 28th broadway gives funding for college/ CNa , you have to take a tabe test the score is 7 or 8. Now, I took the tabe free that was several months ago. They may be chargring now. For the Community Action Agency - you need proof of income, essay 500words, id, and social security cards of everyone living in the house.Good look. Joi at Community Action Agency will be giving scholarships for college in the fall, and free money for dentist work, and eye doctors. Whatever you do dont work in a nursing home because its hard work and they pay less.

Oaklawn also offer free cna classes. If you are not agency the next best place is to work Nursing that is where you make your money. Not all nursing home are a bad place to work is where you work as a cna is only hard because you are short of help are either have lazy cna.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

lcafebdew@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky said: there is a practice TABE test online. Just Google TABE and it will pull up all kinds of practice tests.

If you pay for the classes yourself you do not have to take a tabe test. If you take a job at a local nursing home they will train you to take the boards.

64 months ago

nisha101 in Louisville, Kentucky said: I really want to know how to get CNA classes and I need Info? How much is the classes how can I find about the Classes!

When I did Cna classes I went to nurse aid traning on Lynn station rd. 400.00 and the boards are $70.00. I have a friend the worked at oaklawn and the paid and trained her I think she only made 10.00 while she was in traning.

sue of louisville in Shelbyville, Kentucky

64 months ago

I lost my cna due to didnt put the 9 hours in over two years.I had changed occupation.I now what to get back into the field.I do have a misdemenour on my record,will anyone let me take the training and test with a misdemenour.It has been dismissed but shows on my record??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

twila edmondson in Louisville, Kentucky

64 months ago

i have a misdemenour that i got in 98 nothing since.. will that stop me from being able to be a cna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bree in Louisville, Kentucky

64 months ago

Ok I missed the may sign up for free cna classes does anyone know the next time they are offering them. I cant get back in school til I have a job with the steady hours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nadinejeanbaptiste in Immokalee, Florida

63 months ago

More information about CNA class

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

noeykay@hotmail.com in Louisville, Kentucky

63 months ago

Hi, my name is noel and iv been playing around with the idea to be a cna. I started the program at Nurse Tech but could not finnish my clinicals. Now I want to finnish and get started working as soon as possible. Would it be easier to just pay for the classes again or spend the time looking for someone to hire me then start a class w/my employer? Or does anyone know a place that for sure is hiring and will train?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vivi in Oakland, California

63 months ago

hi, I'd like to get in the LVN program at a community college, but the program won't start until one year later. So I was wondering is there any classes or programs that can help me become a CNA first? I have very little experience in the nursing field, all I have is a B.A from a University.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Louisville, Kentucky

62 months ago

I am interested in applying for nursing school but was told that I need to get a cna first. Does anyone know of cna courses offered at night since I work full time during the day. I would really like to find a free cna course or an organization that would help me pay for the course. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it.

kpeyton in Louisville, Kentucky

62 months ago

lexy in Louisville, Kentucky said: there are no free CNA classes in louisville but the kentuckiana works program will pay for you to go to school up to three thousand dollars and it never has to be repaid you can apply for this "loan" through the NIA Center on 29 and Broadway

does anyone have a phone number or exact address or someone to reach at this NIA center??

sierraleonequeen@yahoo.com in Fort Worth, Texas

62 months ago

carricahall@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky said: can you tell me where the nursing homes that will give me CNA training for free. I will appreciated.
i want free cna class

tristin_hebel@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky

62 months ago

i am helping my girlfriend...she has done all the required classes/schooling while she was attending nursing school...(under circumstances she is not attending this semester)...she also received training while working at her past employer...is there any way she can take just the certification test without taking the classes?

lumpie05 in Las Vegas, Nevada

61 months ago

KRYSTAL in Louisville, Kentucky said: DO ANYONE KNOW ANY PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TAKE FREE CNA CLASSES

Online at free-ed.net

61 months ago

KRYSTAL in Louisville, Kentucky said: DO ANYONE KNOW ANY PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TAKE FREE CNA CLASSES

Yes, go to the community action agency in louisville ky across from police department speak to cecily..no test required will pay all books, tution, uniforms, plus exam fee....free...crystal payne
801 barret avenue , 3rd floor....I just passed my exam..go do test in evenings...its easier, health care agencies to go too...medical staffing network pays 15-18 hour cnas, ams pays 14.00 , guardian pays 13.50, ...good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

jlynnbiggerstaff@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky said: Was it hard to do the test? I have heard that it is very hard. What are your hours do they make you work 3rd shift? Thanks alot, Please write me back. Also my friend doesn't have a diploma is that true that they will let you get certified and work for them with out a diploma or G.E.D.?

the test is easy, go during evening times...dont do the tabe-go to community action agency all that is required in ged...its free...call ceciley tell her i sent you..cna free from them its on barret ave across from police dept on the third floor

61 months ago

Everyone is concerned about the cna exam..go during the evening, the test is easy...if you go earlier its harder. Now working agency can be a benefit to cnas because they pay more....some people lie about pay...but listent to me..get six months experience then call medical staffing network they our based in louisville the pay is 15-18 hourly depending on shift..ams tempories pays 14 hourly, guardian pays 13.50...staffing network pays without exp 11.00 an hour, crown medical across from st matthews mall 11.00 no exp for only hazelwood andcentral state. Now a guy i met stated at nortons hospital as a pca similar to nurse aide-sitter he makes 12.70 an hour. Espiscal pays 11.00 and someone told me jefferson manor pays 14.50 for second and third shift without license....I worked for msn , that is the best agency in louisville...real nice and they treat you nice...you can go on their site and they'll tell you how much they pay....going pool for a hospital is more money...personaly from experience with no experience its 7.80 an up to maybe 10.20 hour and same with experience...also the cna test is basic common sense and few questions from the book..I did not study once and passed the first time...now the skills is vitals, peri care male, mouth cleaning unconcious, rom..the rns their our older and nice...they give you chances to reudue skills- but remeber to focus on critical points.i am excited to get back to work...i wish everyone well..good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

crystal young in Louisville, Kentucky

61 months ago

crystal payne in Louisville, Kentucky said: Everyone is concerned about the cna exam..go during the evening, the test is easy...if you go earlier its harder. Now working agency can be a benefit to cnas because they pay more....some people lie about pay...but listent to me..get six months experience then call medical staffing network they our based in louisville the pay is 15-18 hourly depending on shift..ams tempories pays 14 hourly, guardian pays 13.50...staffing network pays without exp 11.00 an hour, crown medical across from st matthews mall 11.00 no exp for only hazelwood andcentral state. Now a guy i met stated at nortons hospital as a pca similar to nurse aide-sitter he makes 12.70 an hour. Espiscal pays 11.00 and someone told me jefferson manor pays 14.50 for second and third shift without license....I worked for msn , that is the best agency in louisville...real nice and they treat you nice...you can go on their site and they'll tell you how much they pay....going pool for a hospital is more money...personaly from experience with no experience its 7.80 an up to maybe 10.20 hour and same with experience...also the cna test is basic common sense and few questions from the book..I did not study once and passed the first time...now the skills is vitals, peri care male, mouth cleaning unconcious, rom..the rns their our older and nice...they give you chances to reudue skills- but remeber to focus on critical points.i am excited to get back to work...i wish everyone well..good luck

Were did you take the CNA test?

bess in Louisville, Kentucky

61 months ago

KY state law requires the GED. IF you don't have the reading and study skills to pass the GED, you will probably not be able to handle the CNA textbook required by the state.

ruthie terhune in Louisville, Kentucky

60 months ago

hi my name is ruth terhune and i am looking for a job that deals with cna, but i need to redo all my classes but it need to be free.

reka870707 in Louisville, Kentucky

60 months ago

carricahall@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky said: My bad lcafebdew@yahoo.com, I put in the wrong thing. You have to pay for the TABE test in order to complete the CNA program. How much does it cost?

You don't have to pay for the TABE test itz free and itz stuff that you have learned in high school...

smurfemtfd@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky

60 months ago

dean in Louisville, Kentucky said: i am a certified nursing assistant and my cpr has expired and i have 15 years experience, i don't have money to pay for the cpr classes. is there anyway i can get it updated through an agency or nursing hope.

Go to the American Red Cross in Louisville. They can certify you in CPR for health care and they will be the cheapest way to go. I'm not sure how much they charge, but I don't think their class is that much. Their office is on Broadway downtown. Give them a call and ask about it. Sometimes they will certify you individually even if they are not having a class right then. Try them. Michelle, Shelbyville ARC.

Danielle Whitaker in Frankfort, Kentucky

60 months ago

I have just graduated i was wondering if anybody knows of any classes offered in Lexington or Frankfort for the CNA that is a free i would appreciate any help

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

60 months ago

smurfemtfd@yahoo.com in Louisville, Kentucky said: Go to the American Red Cross in Louisville. They can certify you in CPR for health care and they will be the cheapest way to go. I'm not sure how much they charge, but I don't think their class is that much. Their office is on Broadway downtown. Give them a call and ask about it. Sometimes they will certify you individually even if they are not having a class right then. Try them. Michelle, Shelbyville ARC.

CPR renewals for 25.00 on the internet. 15 minutes is all it takes through PROCARE.com also if you go to an agency, ask them to pay for it and take the fee out of the check. My agency paid for everything when I relocated even my Kentucky License.

ShortyRedSSMC in Louisville, Kentucky

59 months ago

I just moved to Louisville from Toledo Ohio and I am a CNA and STNA in ohio but I need to get my Kentucky cerificate how would I go about doing that? If you can email me info shortyredssmc@aol.com I would greatly appreciate it.

toniatoniaclayton@yahoo.com in Saint Louis, Missouri

59 months ago

stephanie short in Louisville, Kentucky said: did you find any place? if so can you email me at short0307@insightbb.com

stephanie, I'm trying to work in the same field and would like to find out some places that are free in St. Louis also. If you know and place could you email me at toniatoniaclayton@yahoo.com it would really help me out a lot. Thanks

MITCHELLE MANSFIELD in Louisville, Kentucky

59 months ago

I AM LOOKING FOR FREE CLASSES IN LOUISVILLE FOR NURSES AID.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

I am looking for any place in lexington Ky to take the test for CNA for free i really can't afford to pay 500.00 all at once if anybody knows let me know Danielle from Frankfort KY

JC in Danville, Kentucky

59 months ago

twila edmondson in Louisville, Kentucky said: i have a misdemenour that i got in 98 nothing since.. will that stop me from being able to be a cna

NO. Unless it was for neglect or abuse.

JC in Danville, Kentucky

59 months ago

Danielle Whitaker in Frankfort, Kentucky said: I am looking for any place in lexington Ky to take the test for CNA for free i really can't afford to pay 500.00 all at once if anybody knows let me know Danielle from Frankfort KY

Go to bluegrass community action in Frankfort... they should work out payment for you with the medical institute of KY (Lexington or Florence campus)... the tuition is 500.00 including CPR & a girl there went through bluegrass community action... they paid for everything... even gave her transportation...

JC in Danville, Kentucky

59 months ago

JC in Danville, Kentucky said: Go to bluegrass community action in Frankfort... they should work out payment for you with the medical institute of KY (Lexington or Florence campus)... the tuition is 500.00 including CPR & a girl there went through bluegrass community action... they paid for everything... even gave her transportation...

Also, let them know that Jessica Colwell referred you... I was a really good student there ;-) good luck.

59 months ago

Thanks, I will give it a try!

58 months ago

I see so many comments about CNA training, LPN training and CPR. Let me just say..no body is going to give you everything for free and walk you though step by step what you need to do. I have even seen people get on here and ask the same question that was answered just a few post back, not even taking the time to read through the post to gather information.
Get off your butts and put in some leg work. Stop calling these facilities and agencies and get up, dress nicely, get addresses out of the phone book, internet, or 411. get in your car, cab, or bus and go directly to these facilities and get your info first hand. Everyone's situation is different. If u r concerned about not passing a test. Study first! If no GED go back to school and get you GED first, go to the library and check out a few math books and study. Since you have no job and no money, volunteer at a facility to get the feel for what work is expected. Talk with the staff to see what route they went though to get what they have. Looking for schooling and work should be a full time job!!! Don't sit around waiting for someone to tell you "be at this place at this time and I can have you schooling and/or work, because it's not going to happen. People help those who help themselves.
Now, I am not directing this to any one in particular but according to many post..."the shoe fits". If someone gives you an address, you want the phone number, if they give you the phone number you want a name, then you don;t want daytime you prefer evenings, you don't want to take a test, you want a way around the test, you don't want 9.00 hr you want 12.00. You want an awful lot but what are you doing to get what you want and need. Pause and think on it. And yes, I've been there and done that, GED, Home Health aide, Nurse aide, Medical transcription, Certified Medication Aide, and Licensed Practical Nurse. No I have never paid for a single class but I worked hard to get them all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Hello!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kaitlyn Marie in Louisville, Kentucky

58 months ago

Im all new to this. but i dont understand.. is it a test or do you work there. i was wanting a different career with stable money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

crystal payne in Cincinnati, Ohio

57 months ago

crystal payne in Louisville, Kentucky said: I am Crystal Payne in louisville KY , If your looking to go to CNA without taking a Tabe test at NIA on 28th Broadway. Go thru the Community Action Agency at 801 Barret Ave, Louisville Ky. Call to speak to Cecily about the CNA- Provide Patient Care such as taking vitals, i& o, weights, feed patients, and bathing / CMT program - pass medications in nursing home. This is a free program but you sit in to do class. They pay Tution, books, uniforms, blood pressure cups, and CPR. All you need to do is call Cecily she paid everything for me.Cecily loves for me to give this info out. They have new classes forming threw American Red Cross & CMT classes a , I dont have were those classes our.Now, American Red Cross does the CNA online but you have to pay them for online its 500.00, and then you do clinicals, and 2 days clinicals. If your low income it will be free. Other tips once you get 6 months experience in that field try MSN-Medical Staffing Network. Pay is 13.50-18 hourly depending on place of work.Home health pays 10 hour. Ams- pays 14 -16hourly, Guardian Angel pays 13.50. They our the best in louisville, and apiscal home pays 11.00 for CNA off of westport road. If you do not work agency its hard to make a descent pay-average pay for hospital and nursing homes range from $7.80 to 10.80 or lower. Its been awhile since I've worked. Now the NIA center on 28th broadway gives funding for college/ CNa ,LPN you have to take a tabe test the score is 8 10 on tabe. tabe was free that was several months ago. They may be chargring now. For the Community Action Agency - you need proof of income, essay 500words homelessness, id, and social security cards of everyone living in the house.Good look. Joi at Community Action Agency will be giving scholarships for college in the fall, and free money for dentist work, and eye doctors, and gave me a free lab top computer. Now heres another awesome agency there called Accurate pay$ 13-14

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

crystal payne in Cincinnati, Ohio said:

ACCURATE HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS on Broardstown ROAD is a great Agency to work for. Sitters, CMT's, CNA, LPN and RN. as with any agency they have their slow periods. They key is to be very flexible and dependable. Remember each time you go out on an assignment you are representing the Agency. Your goal should be to adapt quickly and get on the facilities preferred list where they will call the Agency and request YOU each time they have a opening. Agencies are in competition with each other so you want to make a statement and represent your agency well so they will continue to get new contracts. CAll LORI six seven one zero nine nine six. The pay is good, right now it is slow but normally you can receive 100% pay the following week day, during the winter the owner has been known to pick you up from home and take you to work if needed, bring lunch to you for long shifts, pay for gas if you haven't worked for a few days and running low, assist with certifications and renewals. If you are a good worker and make yourself available this agency will go out of it's way to help you. Of course the more you earn, the more they earn. CALL LORI!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kennedy in Louisville, Kentucky

57 months ago

Netta in Louisville, Kentucky said: When I did Cna classes I went to nurse aid traning on Lynn station rd. 400.00 and the boards are $70.00. I have a friend the worked at oaklawn and the paid and trained her I think she only made 10.00 while she was in traning.

What was it call? do you have a number?

lola2009 in Louisville, Kentucky

56 months ago

plz help me i am i cna looking for a job and i can not find one if you know of any one who looking to hair me plz let me know

angel502 in Louisville, Kentucky

56 months ago

so if you have a neglect charge they will not allow you?I mean its been 6years ago and it shouldnt have been a a neglect case but it was..and its not on my crim. report,,should i or should i not try???

emjohnson60@comcast.net in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

Anne in Louisville, Kentucky said: Hey, looking for CNA classes in Kentucky but don't really want the two week crash course, would rather do nights or something like that. Anybody have any advice? I really want to do this but feel a little reluctant because of my age (50!) Help!

i have a different question.i live in chicago but i am from arkansas and interested in moving to louisville but do not know anyone there and also looking for a cna job too.do you have any suggestions on good areas to live?i just turned 49 and need to get back to work and start over in a new environment.please help.thanks

emjohnson60@comcast.net in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

ShortyRedSSMC in Louisville, Kentucky said: I just moved to Louisville from Toledo Ohio and I am a CNA and STNA in ohio but I need to get my Kentucky cerificate how would I go about doing that? If you can email me info shortyredssmc@aol.com I would greatly appreciate it.

i am planning to relocate to louisville in 2 months but i need to be certified in kentucky in order to work there as a cna if you find out how please let me know.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chyane in Louisville, Kentucky

56 months ago

emjohnson60@comcast.net in Chicago, Illinois said: i am planning to relocate to louisville in 2 months but i need to be certified in kentucky in order to work there as a cna if you find out how please let me know.thanks

Y dont you apply for an agency that has traveling positions and they will pay for you to get transferred to another state (licensure) and you will have somewhere to live that is decent and they will pay for until you get situated.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.