bridges is in memphis tn. i went through a funding program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gcurioustee in Memphis, Tennessee

61 months ago

How long is bridges program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kidskop in North Little Rock, Arkansas

60 months ago

I work 11-7 at ACH but need to get a CNA license to go elsewhere.
Need it to be cheap and quick. Any help out there?
Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

LLoyd in Fayetteville, Arkansas

60 months ago

Please what about North West Arkansas i.e Fayetteville,Springdale and Rogers - can i find any nursing home that will sponsor me and i work for them or i pay them and get my CNA withon a month?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christine Jones in Little Rock, Arkansas

59 months ago

Rebecca Porter in Benton, Arkansas said: I received my CNA license at St.Vincent Hospital in Little Rock,Ar.
Spent about 175.00,maybe on all.That doesn't count the Uniforms although that you have to buy yourself to take the class.But it is the cheapest I found. The instuctor is very good at teaching.
At first she scared me but once I got to know her she was Great.
Also you can wear casual slacks and nice shirt till you pass the class.Then you have I think 2 weeks on the floor,your clinicals.Good luck! e-mail me if you wish.
Rebecca, what is the length of the CNA class. Will they employ you after completion of the class. What is the name of the instructor or a contact number?Also what is the cost for taking the exam or is that part of the 175.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

q in Little Rock, Arkansas

59 months ago

Are you able to work while taking the cna classes at svi. What are the hours and days and can it be done over the weekends. thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Raconda in Little Rock, Arkansas

59 months ago

Yes I can work day hours and weekends or evenings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

casey in Brisbane, Australia

55 months ago

hello

my name is casey and is in the operational stuff at my local hospital

but wants to become a nurse and get my CNA

was wondering how can and were can i do this in QLD

plus i dnt hav much money so is there a way to workaround this??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rebecca porter in Benton, Arkansas

55 months ago

kimberly brown in Little Rock, Arkansas said: i am looking for free cna class

I don,t think there is such a thing as free Cna classes.Even if you work for a nursing home you have to work for them for a while ,go to classes,they pay for that,(a percentage).Maybe look into all the details first. I got my Cna fro St.Vincent because it was the cheapest .Call them and ask them to send you the packet that tells about the Cna class. I t will have the next class time on it.You have to then get a money order,$99.00,for the class,and the book, 75.00 if I remember right.Day classes only.M-f.8-5 USUSALLY GET OUT @ 3 ISH. tOtal spent 200.00 if that.But you have to buy hunter green scrubs to train on the floor,after you comleted the tests in the class. about 4 weeks,the classes,when I went. 1 week on floor.Then you get your certificate. Then you have to mail a copy of your certificate and 89.00.Then you call a nummber,don't procrastinate)!They give you a tests date to take your state CNA exam. Be yourself just remember what you learned,try not to get to worked up about it you will do better then. Good luck to all. She gives this cd you load into your computer,its pretty.good!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

nadine ikiliagwu in Little Rock, Arkansas

54 months ago

my name is nadine ikiliagwu im looking for free cna classes asap!

je'lynn21 in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

nadine ikiliagwu in Little Rock, Arkansas said: my name is nadine ikiliagwu im looking for free cna classes asap!

Look up cabot nursing home, the charge 20.00 to get started. I just saved my spot last Friday. I believe they still have spots. They are close to the cabot walmart. Just look up their number call and say you want info on the can classes and they will transfer you straight to the person you need to speak with. Call asap!! Class starts in two weeks! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in Maryville, Tennessee

52 months ago

I have been looking for a cheap CNA evening class near Athens TN??? any help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

PRN Medical Services in Fort Smith, Arkansas

50 months ago

PRN Medical Services has two locations: Fort Smith and Springdale, Arkansas. We are accredited by the Arkansas State Board of Private Career Education. Both of our locations offer a 90-hour CNA course. Classes are three days per week from 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Two clinical days will be spent at a local long term care facility during your training. You can begin working as a nursing assisting after completing only 16 hours of training. In four short weeks, you will graduate! PRN offers an open-door policy, allowing our students to attend classes after graduation to practice skills or ask questions before taking the state exam. State testing is done at our facility as well, offering you the comfort of testing in a facility you are familiar with and testing with equipment you have practiced on. State testing fees are $89.00; however if you are employed by a long term care facility and are able to provide a letter of hire, testing fees are waived! Many of PRN's students do not pay tuition because they have found a sponsoring facility that pays tuition for them! As mentioned in previous comments, a sponsorship will usually require an employment agreement between the employee and facility to work a specific amount of hours. Some students preferring not to enter into an employment agreement, choose to pay the tuition privately. Tuition at PRN is $480 which I believe is a rather standard fee in Arkansas. PRN also has a uniform shop at each location, offering discounted prices to PRN students! We do everything possible to keep costs down, making your new career choice an affordable one! Check out our website at www.prnmedstaff.net or find us on facebook. I hope this information was helpful. I would be more than happy to answer any more questions your might have! My email address is vlfile@prnmedstaff.net

alreadyfefe@yahoo.com in North Little Rock, Arkansas

48 months ago

i am looking for free cna classes or at least an affordable class no more than 300 dollars but i am aiming for free, i checked out a nursing home in lr off dixon rd. and they just began a free course, i have 2 call bk at the end of the month and i also called st. vincent but didnt get an response....

courtneelo in Bryant, Arkansas

48 months ago

Well I did the one off Dixon rd also. I also worked there after I got done with the classes. And trust me you do not want to work there. I took my exam and I failed one part of it, and they took me off the schedule, and said that I couldn't come back til I passed. So if you go there just get your certificate and go somewhere else. There is a place in Bryant that hires you out of class and they start around 10.00. Just wanted to let everyone know not to work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

courtneelo in Bryant, Arkansas

48 months ago

courtneelo in Bryant, Arkansas said: Well I did the one off Dixon rd also. I also worked there after I got done with the classes. And trust me you do not want to work there. I took my exam and I failed one part of it, and they took me off the schedule, and said that I couldn't come back til I passed. So if you go there just get your certificate and go somewhere else. There is a place in Bryant that hires you out of class and they start around 10.00. Just wanted to let everyone know not to work there.

But if you are looking for CNA classes there are 3 of them. One is in Jacksonville called Woodland Hills, the other is in Cabot called Cabot nursing and rehab, and Madison health and rehab. The one in jacksonville and cabot cost money 20-22. and madison is free they have classes every two months so the next class they will probably have is in august. hope this helps everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

xxMa.anna in Cabot, Arkansas

47 months ago

Hi rebecca will u be able to get a job after taking the CNA course? Just wanna know. Thanks

Sherry in Bee Branch, Arkansas

45 months ago

Rebecca Porter in Benton, Arkansas said: I received my CNA license at St.Vincent Hospital in Little Rock,Ar.
Spent about 175.00,maybe on all.That doesn't count the Uniforms although that you have to buy yourself to take the class.But it is the cheapest I found. The instuctor is very good at teaching.
Also you can wear casual slacks and nice shirt till you pass the class.Then you have I think 2 weeks on the floor,your clinicals.Good luck! e-mail me if you wish.

When do they start classes?

lasha brown in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

Sherry in Bee Branch, Arkansas said:

when you gtot done did you work for st.vincent and how much did they pay you

Teresa Goodman in Little Rock, Arkansas

42 months ago

waverly jones in North Little Rock, Arkansas said: THERE IS SUSPOSE TO BE ONE IN JACKSONVILLE ILL CHECK IT AND GIVE A HOLLER

It is but a 8 -10 month wait at woodland hills in jax.

Raziel36 in Beebe, Arkansas

42 months ago

White County Medical
1200 S Main St
Searcy, AR
Five Zero One-Three Eight Zero-3383

Tuition: $350(or half up front, other half before class ends)
Testing: $89
Books & Supplies: Cost varies

February 13 is the next starting date and they still have slots open.

Just called and registered, myself, and wanted to let others know about the class. The lady I spoke with was the instructor and she seemed very nice and competent. The nursing homes in the area are either not planning any classes soon or have an 8 month or more waiting period, making the free/cheap route a no-go for me.

St. Vincent's in Little Rock is also starting one in March, for $390(plus testing fees, scrubs, books and a $25 non-refundable application fee).

Jane in Cabot, Arkansas

41 months ago

I know this thread is pretty old, and I'm not if this link has already been posted, but I found a program that offers free training here: www.adhhomecare.org/trainingclasslisting.php

41 months ago

Jane in Cabot, Arkansas said: I know this thread is pretty old, and I'm not if this link has already been posted, but I found a program that offers free training here: www.adhhomecare.org/trainingclasslisting.php

Hi Jane! I looked at the classes listed on that website and noticed that they are offering a 40-hour homecare course. This is a little different than the 90-hour Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) course.

The homecare course will cover all of the basic skills required to do homecare and will allow you the opportunity to provide personal care in a home health setting; however, it is not a state certified course and is not adequate training for facility work.

If you complete a 90-hour CNA course, you will take the state exam and receive a state certificate when you pass. This certification is recognized in all types of facilities, including homecare.

I recommend you take the 90-hour course if possible...it will give you more opportunities in the medical field. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

LLoyd in Fayetteville, Arkansas said: Please what about North West Arkansas i.e Fayetteville,Springdale and Rogers - can i find any nursing home that will sponsor me and i work for them or i pay them and get my CNA withon a month?

Hi Lloyd! If you have not taken a CNA course yet, I would suggest contacting PRN's Springdale office. We can provide you with a list of sponsoring facilities on the first day of class. To allow you time to locate a sponsoring facility, we do not expect payments until the second half of the course. Hope to see you soon!

rayshun in Little Rock, Arkansas

41 months ago

i am looking for a free c.n.a class in the little rock area, i have worked in an e.r , an a rehabilition center just not in the med field an i enjoy helping out others.

rayshun in Little Rock, Arkansas

41 months ago

Hi im Rayhun an im looking for a reasonable cna class , i read your post an may still have some question please respond soon as possible

Tatyana

40 months ago

courtneelo in Bryant, Arkansas said: Well I did the one off Dixon rd also. I also worked there after I got done with the classes. And trust me you do not want to work there. I took my exam and I failed one part of it, and they took me off the schedule, and said that I couldn't come back til I passed. So if you go there just get your certificate and go somewhere else. There is a place in Bryant that hires you out of class and they start around 10.00. Just wanted to let everyone know not to work there.

How much did the one off dixion rd pay you?

Kristinaaa82 in Cabot, Arkansas

39 months ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that if your looking for a class St,Vincents isn't doing any classes until 2013 in Nov. and the place in Cabot isn't doing any classes and the girl on the phone didn't know anything. i called the place in Searcy and no one answered. Just wanted to let everyone know just in case you are like me and planning to do one soon you might be out of luck like i am.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Antigonie Stacy in Memphis, Tennessee

39 months ago

charlotte cox in Memphis, Tennessee said: free cna nusing program in memphis tn.

Where are they

kbuckner001 in Jacksonville, Arkansas

38 months ago

I am looking for an evening class. Because in order to pay a little I need to work.

Srabun in Jacksonville, Arkansas

36 months ago

Jill Schrandt in Jacksonville, Arkansas said: does anybody know of free cna classes in or around the jacksonville area?

Arkansas Academy for Nursing
Assistants of Pulaski County
704 Quince Hill Road, Suite A
Jacksonville, AR 72076
stjohnruby@aol.com

I'm not sure if they're free but this is the only place in Jacksonville to take CNA classes

mariefood in Little Rock, Arkansas

12 months ago

is there any free cna class please

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.