Free cna training in New York

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (501 to 550 of 551)
Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11  12  Next »   Last »

cna training in Karnal, India

28 months ago

I agree with you, CNA courses have become very popular. After CNA Training good opportunities available in this field also earning handsome money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

charice in Brooklyn, New York

27 months ago

Hi does anyone know of any Free CNA training in Brooklyn or Manhattan.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

brianna moon in Bloomingburg, New York

27 months ago

Hello, my name is brianna and im desperately seeking free cna triaing in my area, i love working with those in need. i am cpr and first aid certified. i live in the port jervis,ny area and noone can seem to help me, please any advice or information would be most appreciated. thank you
sincerely, brianna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Katherine P. in Astoria, New York

26 months ago

well.. i was in Manhattan Institute for about 2 months for Medical Assistant.. and HONESTLY, after looking at the webpage for the school and all those amazing videos the president of the Institute, i was a bit too much mislead. i thought it was a big place with a lot of people (i had dropped out of a very big college at that moment). i also thought the classrooms were big and seats were clean like my old college. But the WHOLE institute turned out to be the size of my moms $900 apartment. it was awfully small and there are 4 rooms! not including that front desk and the two bathrooms!.. okay i am not trying to, you know, offend the institute because the teachers were great and the friends were also, but if you have recently been to a big college or university or want to attend a well known place...this is NOT where you want to go. The work is all good and you learn well but if you cant handle small places or one tiny elevator...then you very well will not like this place. i had to leave it because i didnt feel like it was worth going from 9am-3pm everyday. i have a almost 4 year old son and omw to getting my Masters of Arts...to be a teacher. i will highly recommend to go back to a regular university or college or take online classes.. WGU is highly reccomended. like i said before, im not trying to make the institute look bad but we all gotta face reality.. its not at all what we would expect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katherine P. in Astoria, New York

26 months ago

but if you want good cna training this would be alright. WONDERFUL TEACHERS! but the bad thing is that i was called to the financial aid office (which is also a classroom) like 6 times in 2 weeks... thats a very bad impression for them...money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dinas@accesscareers.info in New York, New York

26 months ago

There's a good school in Queens, that's spacious in a modern office building.
and it's easy to get to....Take the E or F train to Kew Gardens, Union Turnpike
Call Access Careers and come see what the school in like.
Call seven-one-eight/two-six-three/zero-seven-five-zero

Dina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Reimes in Brooklyn, New York

26 months ago

Can anyone tell me how much the CNA course cost at the Manhattan Institute?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Brooklyn, New York

26 months ago

Reimes in Brooklyn, New York said: Can anyone tell me how much the CNA course cost at the Manhattan Institute?

Manhattan Institute cost $1400 for it's CNA training.

Dina in New York, New York

26 months ago

C.N.A. costs $965 (including book) at Access Careers Queens
seven-one-eight/two-six-three/zero-seven-five-zero
Dina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

sexylady77 in Brooklyn, New York

26 months ago

I went to Access Careers in Brooklyn on Elm Place. Their CNA course is $800. I took ths day session with Ms. Santiago who is an LPN. They were recommended to me by my neighbor who is currently working at Bellevue Hospital as a PCT. She was very knowledgable though she ran the class like a party... . No bueno... The EKG and pblebotomy teacher is a doctor and he is very smart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JisUnique23 in Jamaica, New York

26 months ago

I went to new York institute of medical careers the cna class is 560 if I'm not mistaken including the book. I went in the morning from 9-1:30 and the instructor is very nice and helpful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CollegeGirl in Brooklyn, New York

26 months ago

I've not read every page but there seems to be a lot of useful information here. I just want to know who gives vouchers so i can direct students. I work at Kingsborough College and many students want vouchers for our various programs and i've been told that Work force don't really issue the ITA vouchers anymore. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

nandy in South Ozone Park, New York

25 months ago

Hello I am looking to do the cna course and can't afford it is there anyway I can get it done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nutmeg718 in Brooklyn, New York

25 months ago

Hi, what's the contact info for admission? thx.

sexylady77 in Brooklyn, New York said: I went to Access Careers in Brooklyn on Elm Place. Their CNA course is $800. I took ths day session with Ms. Santiago who is an LPN. They were recommended to me by my neighbor who is currently working at Bellevue Hospital as a PCT. She was very knowledgable though she ran the class like a party... . No bueno... The EKG and pblebotomy teacher is a doctor and he is very smart.

CHRISTINE PERSAUD in New York, New York

25 months ago

THE CHRISTINE INSTUTUTE OF VOCATIONAL TRAINING, INC. OFFER HOME HEALTH AIDE TRAINING FOR ONLY 14DAYS, 9AM TO 4PM, MONDAY TRU FRIDAY.
UPON GRADUATION WE OFFER JOB ASSISTANT WITH MEDICAL BENEFITS.
SCHOOL LICENSE BY NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION.
WE ALSO HAVE 60 LICENSE HOME CARE AGENCY FOR JOB ASSISTANCE.
WE ALSO OWNED OUR OWN LICENSE HOME CARE AGENCY- LIBERTY HOME CARE. A LICENSE HOME CARE AGENCY BY NYS DEPT.OF HEALTH.
WWW.CHRISTINEINSTITUTE.ORG
A-TRAIN TO LEFFERTS BLVD, WALK TO 121 STREET, RICHMOND HILL, NY 11419
OUR INSTRUCTOR IS SO MUCH FUN, YOU GUYS WILL LOVE HIM. YOU WILL SO SAD TO LEAVE AFTER THE GRAUDATION.
WE HAVE SO MANY JOBS TO CARE FOR THE ELDERLY AND SPECIAL NEEDS AFTER THE GRADUATION

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CHRISTINE PERSAUD in New York, New York

25 months ago

THE CHRISTINE INSTITUTE OFFER NURSES AIDE TRAINING WITH SPECIAL FREE INSURANCE

WE ARE NOW FORMING AN EVENING CLASS FROM 6PM TO 9:30PM
JUNE 18TH, 2012

EMAIL ME FOR MORE INFO. CHRISTINENYFL@AOL.COM
WWW.CHRISTINEINSTITUTE.ORG

VISIT OUR LOCATION AT 121-17 LIBERTY AVE, RICHMOND HILL, NY 11419
OUR INSTRUCTORS ARE SO NICE/FUN . YOU WILL ENJOY TIME WITH US.
CHOOSE OUR SCHOOL BECAUSE WE BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR YEARS.
A-TRAIN TO LEFFERTS BLVD WALK 121STREET. WE ARE TWO BUILDING FROM THE CITY BANK.

CHRISTINE PERSAUD
PRESIDENT-DIRECTOR

mcnugget in Valley Stream, New York

24 months ago

Hi everyone! I came on this site looking for a CNA course long ago. I have to say i found a course all on my own. NY Institute of Healthcare Careers. It wasnt bad. they do CNA and HHA and just started (or will start) EKG and Phlebotomy. I havent taken my state boards yet but i am finsshed with the class and i am very confident. Over all the school cost around 700 dollars and change which includes the 55 dollar book and registration and you can do a monthly payment plan with them. They have testing at their school for when your ready for the state which is a plus. The classes Have AC and theres a lab (you can practice). The course is in Jamaica queens NY. I live all the way on long island and had to get up to go there by taking two buses or getting rides because it was the cheapest place i can find near me. The ones in Hempstead ask too much money($1500) and students are too ghetto. It is not bad anyone can do it. If you have any more questions feel free to write to me. I am a college student myself and i took it with my cousin whos english grammar is not the bet and we both passed the class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mcnugget in Valley Stream, New York

24 months ago

mcnugget in Valley Stream, New York said: Hi everyone! I came on this site looking for a CNA course long ago. I have to say i found a course all on my own. NY Institute of Healthcare Careers. It wasnt bad. they do CNA and HHA and just started (or will start) EKG and Phlebotomy. I havent taken my state boards yet but i am finsshed with the class and i am very confident. Over all the school cost around 700 dollars and change which includes the 55 dollar book and registration and you can do a monthly payment plan with them. They have testing at their school for when your ready for the state which is a plus. The classes Have AC and theres a lab (you can practice). The course is in Jamaica queens NY. I live all the way on long island and had to get up to go there by taking two buses or getting rides because it was the cheapest place i can find near me. The ones in Hempstead ask too much money($1500) and students are too ghetto. It is not bad anyone can do it. If you have any more questions feel free to write to me. I am a college student myself and i took it with my cousin whos english grammar is not the bet and we both passed the class.

ALSO I WENT TO THE CHRISTINE INSTITUTE FIRST BEFORE I CAM ACROSS NY INSTITUTE. AltHOUGH CHRISTINE INSTITIE IS CHEAPER BY A 100 DOLLARS IT IS NOT AS NICE. ITS IN A CROWDED BUILDINGAND DOESNT SEEM LIKE THERES ANY ROOM TO BREATH. I AM SO SORRY I PUT A DEPOSIT IN. THE RECEPTION PERSON WAS ALSO VERY RUDE TO ME ON THE PHONE WHEN I ASKED WHEN CLASS WOULD START AND OTHER QUESTIONS. I NEVER WENT WITH THE CLASS BECAUSE I WAS NOT SATISFIED AND ONCE RECEPTIONIST WAS RUDE I KNEW THE STAFF WERE JUST AS RUDE. WASTE OF MONEY WITH OVER CROWDED CLASSROOMS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

julie in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

Ms O in Brooklyn, New York said: i have currently been evicted from my house of 23 years and i have resulted to living with a x boyfriend untill i am able to get on my feet. The situation is a complete disaster, i have no money and i am unable to work because i must avoid his land lord who has insisted repeatedly that he will take him to court for having me reside here against his will. I feel extremely helpless and uncomfortable and I am looking for sum good advice as to where i must begin to get my own independence back. I aim intrested in being a live in nurse but i have no qulifications and no out of family experience, i also dont have the money to pay for any certifications that i might need to get started. If any one knows of any websites or numbers that i can call to recieve some assistance id really appreciate it. I was told that there are programs that will offer housing an sum form of income to those who are i my situation but i dont know where to begin to get that type of information. I am not willing to move into a shelter unless that is my absolute last result, there has to be other options out there. if any one knows of anything that can help someone in my perdicament people inform me. I am willing and open to hear all options
thanks

i think u should trying to get hha certificate for free from a gency when u start working u try to get the thing that u like

Cherokeebx in Bronx, New York

24 months ago

Good morning Ms. O: Since you are desolate, HRA will provide you with an income (food stamps, cash and medicaid) and they have numerous job opportunities. Check it out.

24 months ago

Free CNA classes are offered at every Educational Opportunity Center. I went to the Bronx location, and there was a waiting list. Traveled to Yonkers enrolled in August 2011. They were income based, a test and document requirements to apply.

Passed all. January 2012 took the License and received same. Traveled to Peekskill from September 2011 to December 2011, Monday through Friday. Additionally, each student was provided interview attire and a resume assistance.

Every Educational Opportunity Center in New York (Suffolk/Nassau; Westchester; Bronx; Brooklyn; Queens; Staten Island) offer numerous courses for free.

Now I am taking summer courses of Phlebotomy/EKG at Westchester Community College in Ossining to sit for the Patient Care Technician exam in August 2012.

Check it out. It changed my life.

Wish you the best.

24 months ago

jvg899 said: Why is there no HHA or PCA courses available in Sullivan Co.? I see ads for cases in Sullivan Co. but there is no training anywhere that I can find. Any info appreciated.

Westchester Community College/Educational Opportunity Center in Yonkers has classes in Peekskill and Springvalley.

Check it out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dina in New York, New York

24 months ago

HHA classes-three weekends and 1 day during the week at an assisted living facillity.
A recruiter comes to the school to hire people after the training
Access Careers Queens
call seven one eight, two six three, zero seven five zero
Dina

CHRISTINE PERSAUD in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

I AM THE PRESIDENT OF CHRISTINE INSTITUTE. MY SCHOOL IS LICENSE BY NEW YORK STATE ED. THE NURSES AIDE TRAINING IS ONLY $599.00 WITH A PAYMENT PLAN.

HOME HEALTH AIDE TRAINING IS ONLY $399.00 WITH PAYMENT PLAN. WE HAVE 62PLACEMENT FOR JOB ASSISTANT. EDISON HOME CARE USUALLY COMES TO OUR OFFICE AND HIRE EVERY ONE.

IF YOU CHOOSE CHRISTINE INSTITUTE. YOU WILL NO REGRET.

I HAVE NEW INSTRUCTORS AND I ALSO HAVE NEW AGENTS THAT WORKS.
AS THE OWNER OF THE SCHOOL. I ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL HAVE A BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY HERE AT MY SCHOOL WITH NO COMPLAIN.
THAT RECEPTIONIST AND THE INSTRUCTOR HAS BEEN TERMINATED AND REPLACED.
WE HERE AT CHRISTINE INSTITUTE DO NOT TOLERATE MISTREATMENT OF OUR STUDENTS OR REGISTERING STUDENTS.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS. HERE IS MY EMAIL: CHRISTINENYFL@AOL.COM

CHRISTINE PERSAUD
PRESIDENT/CEO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tetleyt21@yahoo.com in Bellerose, New York

23 months ago

can you share that info with me please and is there a class in long island

sadia in Plainview, New York

23 months ago

Loverboy08 in New York, New York said: Their number is five one six four three three zero zero three four.I did my CNA class in hempstead this yr in Feb,with a wonderful teacher,passed my stateboard at first time.Every thing was great from registration to graduation.

please tell me your school location i live in hempstead ,and want to do CNA traing free

Lost surg tech in New York, New York

22 months ago

Hi I'm looking to renew my cna license it expired before I even used it! I want to get to working in NYC so please if anyone knows a Place let me know thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

George Fernando in Bayonne, New Jersey

22 months ago

Contact Access Kew Gardens on Queens Blvd New York. Seven one eight two six three zero seven five zero They would guide you

22 months ago

CHRISTINE PERSAUD in Brooklyn, New York said: I AM THE PRESIDENT OF CHRISTINE INSTITUTE. MY SCHOOL IS LICENSE BY NEW YORK STATE ED. THE NURSES AIDE TRAINING IS ONLY $599.00 WITH A PAYMENT PLAN.

HOME HEALTH AIDE TRAINING IS ONLY $399.00 WITH PAYMENT PLAN. WE HAVE 62PLACEMENT FOR JOB ASSISTANT . EDISON HOME CARE USUALLY COMES TO OUR OFFICE AND HIRE EVERY ONE.

IF YOU CHOOSE CHRISTINE INSTITUTE. YOU WILL NO REGRET.I HAVE NEW INSTRUCTORS AND I ALSO HAVE NEW AGENTS THAT WORKS. AS THE OWNER OF THE SCHOOL. I ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL HAVE A BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY HERE AT MY SCHOOL WITH NO COMPLAIN.

WE HERE AT CHRISTINE INSTITUTE DO NOT TOLERATE MISTREATMENT OF OUR STUDENTS OR REGISTERING STUDENTS. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS. HERE IS MY EMAIL: CHRISTINENYFL@AOL.COM

CHRISTINE PERSAUD
PRESIDENT/ CEO

I HAVE JOINED A HHA PROGRAM FOR $350. Contact Access Kew Gardens on Queens Blvd New York. Seven one eight two six three zero seven five zero They would guide you. No hidden costs. Great staff. New York State School

22 months ago

CHRISTINE PERSAUD in Brooklyn, New York said: I AM THE PRESIDENT OF CHRISTINE INSTITUTE. MY SCHOOL IS LICENSE BY NEW YORK STATE ED. THE NURSES AIDE TRAINING IS ONLY $599.00 WITH A PAYMENT PLAN.

HOME HEALTH AIDE TRAINING IS ONLY $399.00 WITH PAYMENT PLAN. WE HAVE 62PLACEMENT FOR JOB ASSISTANT . EDISON HOME CARE USUALLY COMES TO OUR OFFICE AND HIRE EVERY ONE.

IF YOU CHOOSE CHRISTINE INSTITUTE. YOU WILL NO REGRET.

I HAVE NEW INSTRUCTORS AND I ALSO HAVE NEW AGENTS THAT WORKS.
AS THE OWNER OF THE SCHOOL. I ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL HAVE A BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY HERE AT MY SCHOOL WITH NO COMPLAIN.
WE HERE AT CHRISTINE INSTITUTE DO NOT TOLERATE MISTREATMENT OF OUR STUDENTS OR REGISTERING STUDENTS.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS. HERE IS MY EMAIL: CHRISTINENYFL@AOL.COM

CHRISTINE PERSAUD
PRESIDENT/ CEO

I HAVE JOINED A HHA PROGRAM FOR $350. Contact Access Kew Gardens on Queens Blvd New York. Seven one eight two six three zero seven five zero They would guide you. No hidden costs. Great staff. New York State School

22 months ago

mcnugget in Valley Stream, New York said: ALSO I WENT TO THE CHRISTINE INSTITUTE FIRST BEFORE I CAM ACROSS NY INSTITUTE. AltHOUGH CHRISTINE INSTITIE IS CHEAPER BY A 100 DOLLARS IT IS NOT AS NICE. ITS IN A CROWDED BUILDINGAND DOESNT SEEM LIKE THERES ANY ROOM TO BREATH. I AM SO SORRY I PUT A DEPOSIT IN. THE RECEPTION PERSON WAS ALSO VERY RUDE TO ME ON THE PHONE WHEN I ASKED WHEN CLASS WOULD START AND OTHER QUESTIONS. I NEVER WENT WITH THE CLASS BECAUSE I WAS NOT SATISFIED AND ONCE RECEPTIONIST WAS RUDE I KNEW THE STAFF WERE JUST AS RUDE. WASTE OF MONEY WITH OVER CROWDED CLASSROOMS.

Contact Access Kew Gardens on Queens Blvd New York. Seven one eight two six three zero seven five zero They would guide you. Low and No hidden costs. Great staff. New York State School

19 months ago

At Access Careers in Queens you may be able to get C.N.A. training....not only for C.N.A. but also for EKG or
Phlebotomy. Have you worked in health care before....worked as a Home Health Aide/
Please reply to dinas@accesscareers.info or call seven-one-eight-two-six-three-seven-one-five-zero
Thanks
Dina

Counsellor in Bayonne, New Jersey

19 months ago

titi daniel in Staten Island, New York said: where can i take the free cna training in staten island new york

Still interested ? Call seven one eight- two six three- zero seven five zero

Counsellor in Bayonne, New Jersey

19 months ago

sadia in Plainview, New York said: please tell me your school location i live in hempstead ,and want to do CNA traing free

Please Call Access Institute. Seven one eight- two six three- zero seven five zero

19 months ago

Vouchers are back.
If you have experience in the health care field, you may be eligible for a voucher to study C.N.A., EKG or Phlebotomy at Access Careers in Queens, nY
call seven-one-eitht-two-six-three-zero-seven-five-zero
Our prices are low too.
Dina

Asha in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

It's good that hha and cna schools offer there services and list there prices. I hesitate to enroll when they advertise but their spelling is incorrect. I'm looking for accredited cna school, upon receiving my certificate I get to enroll with the state for the license approx in a week. Speaking to friends, associates and others in the profession some schools schedule you weeks or months after getting your certificate. Waiting a long period to take the exam you may forget. Looking for a school when advertising their program their grammar is correct this is a forum so everything does not have to be perfect but words matter.

dominique in Bronx, New York

17 months ago

Karen Queens, NY in Forest Hills, New York said: Do anyone in Queens, know where there is a good CNA training for FREE??? This is Posted on 1-26-2012...Please let me know

i live in queens i will like to know the infrmation for the cna training

Chin in Elmhurst, New York

12 months ago

rosi in Elmhurst, New York said: Please this is advice from a past student of Allen School, stay as far as possible from that school. They are a rip off, they promise you job placement assistance when you are finished..yeah right . They send you on interviews but with three of four other students. If you don't get hired from internship ..mark my word YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!!! They only think about money.

The Allen school is definitely a money making school. They are glad to receive you, after the first couple of weeks, they would walk over you if they can. All they do is make sure they collect then that's it. ABC on Fordham road in the Bronx is an excellent school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in New York, New York

11 months ago

Some of these comments are making me sick.

People complaining about schools and saying they didn't learn.... YOU ARE ADULTS. ESPECIALLY if you went to an accelerated program, like I did at Manhattan Institute, YOU MUST STUDY- EVERY DAY- As with any Post-high school program!!!!!!! You are not a baby. Teacher quickly teaches each skill, and you have time to practice it in class... After that it is up to you to practice at home on friends, family, or even pillows or dolls (I did all of the above). If you do not pass the CNA state board- YOU DID NOT WANT TO PASS. You can also watch the skills on YouTube over and over! Things in life are not handed to you. When you have a list of 24 skills, all you have to do is learn the 24 skills! That's it! It's not science, or anything hard, it's just memorizing skills. If I did it in 3 weeks, you all can CERTAINLY do it in a six month program (depends on how hard you want to work and if you want to get it done fast or not).

It's not college- dont expect beautiful schools and campus. You're not paying for someone to hold you hand and walk you through the skills- you're paying to get enough hours (at school and clinical) to be allowed to take the test. But it is like college in the sense that it is adult learning- you must teach yourself and study yourself and teacher will show and help you- that is all! You can also go to most schools at night to practice on dummies.

For LI, I'd recommend BOCES. I go to Western Suffolk Boces Currently for LPN school and love it. I loved CNA Training also at Manhattan Institute and had a blast. But as I said- I WANTED IT! And I earned it!

Then you have to pound the pavement and get out there and get yourself a job. That's life!

I have been a CNA 3 years & now working for LPN....

Sorry this is harsh but comments from lazy people putting bad ideas in heads of people wanting to work in a great field! I will be happy to answer any questions for people who are serious about health care!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

*Sorry this is harsh but comments from lazy people putting bad ideas in heads of people wanting to work in a great field is very upsetting to me :(

Anyone who wants to be a CNA you can and you will if you only try your hardest! Don't give up! It is, in my opinion, the best, most respectable, and most rewarding job one can have without a college degree!!! Some will have to study a ton, some barely at all... But it is possible for anyone who is willing to work for it- like everything in life!

Haha ok I really am a nice person and know everything about this stuff as I passed on first time and have worked in hospitals, nursing homes and one on one w a paralyzed student in his HS (got my year experience by working for an agency ... Best and one of only ways to get that year experience you need to work at hospitals and nursing homes... Which is why I have so many different kinds of experience).

Also... Future CNAs hoping to work at a hospital and not a school (as a one on one) or nursing home... You must be a PCA, not CNA. It is nearly impossible to get a job in a hospital with only a CNA certification- regardless of experience. To be a PCA you will have to also become certified in Phlebotomy (drawing blood) and as an EKG Tech (I did this right after I was certified as a CNA also at manhattan institute). These programs ARE Science based and require true learning and studying (whereas CNA is ALL practical skills with zero science). However they are also "doable" even though not as fun (although drawing each others blood in class was very fun lol).

Just thought I should mention that as many people go into CNA thinking they will work at a hospital- CNA is nursing homes only (pretty much) if you want to work in a hospital type setting. As I said though, agency's will hire you on the spot as soon as u pass certification! Hope I helped! Best job ever! Health care rules!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

* if you want to work In a hospital setting get your PCA certifications while doing your year at an agency! Then you will have experience and degrees needed to work in hospitals (not to mention once u have the experience- having the extra degrees will help u get into a good nursing home too!)

I think I covered everything lol but happy to answer any questions. Again, sorry for being harsh in first post but I speak the truth! Lol good luck to all starting CNA and welcome to the health care community!

Taurie in Brooklyn, New York

9 months ago

Kim in New York, New York said: * if you want to work In a hospital setting get your PCA certifications while doing your year at an agency! Then you will have experience and degrees needed to work in hospitals (not to mention once u have the experience- having the extra degrees will help u get into a good nursing home too!)

I think I covered everything lol but happy to answer any questions. Again, sorry for being harsh in first post but I speak the truth! Lol good luck to all starting CNA and welcome to the health care community !

Hello Kim, I am a CNA with lots of experience (19yrs). I was a PCT at a hospital in Nashville, Tn making $15 an hour. They trained me in the hospital, we did not have PCT training/certification in TN.I just moved to NY last month. I am willing to work in NY as a CNA, but I can not find a job.Can you please give me the names of the agencies that you used. I have been calling around, and almost all agencies only use HHA's here. Where are the agencies that use CNA's. I need a job ASAP! And if anyone else has any info on job openings for CNA's please contact me- taurie.small@yahoo.com

9 months ago

Kim in New York, New York said: *Sorry this is harsh but comments from lazy people putting bad ideas in heads of people wanting to work in a great field is very upsetting to me :(

Anyone who wants to be a CNA you can and you will if you only try your hardest! Don't give up! It is, in my opinion, the best, most respectable, and most rewarding job one can have without a college degree!!! Some will have to study a ton, some barely at all... But it is possible for anyone who is willing to work for it- like everything in life!

Haha ok I really am a nice person and know everything about this stuff as I passed on first time and have worked in hospitals, nursing homes and one on one w a paralyzed student in his HS (got my year experience by working for an agency ... Best and one of only ways to get that year experience you need to work at hospitals and nursing homes... Which is why I have so many different kinds of experience).

Also... Future CNAs hoping to work at a hospital and not a school (as a one on one) or nursing home... You must be a PCA, not CNA. It is nearly impossible to get a job in a hospital with only a CNA certification- regardless of experience. To be a PCA you will have to also become certified in Phlebotomy (drawing blood) and as an EKG Tech (I did this right after I was certified as a CNA also at manhattan institute). These programs ARE Science based and require true learning and studying (whereas CNA is ALL practical skills with zero science). However they are also "doable" even though not as fun (although drawing each others blood in class was very fun lol).

Just thought I should mention that as many people go into CNA thinking they will work at a hospital- CNA is nursing homes only (pretty much) if you want to work in a hospital type setting. As I said though, agency's will hire you on the spot as soon as u pass certification! Hope I helped! Best job ever! Health care rules!

Which Agency did you use?

9 months ago

dominique in Bronx, New York said: i live in queens i will like to know the infrmation for the cna training

Try the Red Cross...my sister went for free, because our Dad was in the military. If one of your parents or grandparents was in the military, Red Cross may pay for your training. that was in TN, not sure if it is the same in NY...but give it a try!

9 months ago

Chin in Elmhurst, New York said: The Allen school is definitely a money making school. They are glad to receive you, after the first couple of weeks, they would walk over you if they can. All they do is make sure they collect then that's it. ABC on Fordham road in the Bronx is an excellent school.

Yes...so true. Allen school tried to suck me in, but when they said MA's are taking the place of LPN's who will be phased out...and it takes 5 years to get into a RN program. I had to say goodbye...smh.

9 months ago

I AM LOOKING FOR A CNA JOB IN NY. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE THE NAMES OF SOME AGENCIES THAT USE CNA'S? I WILL WORK AT THE AGENCIES WHILE I GET MY EKG AND PHLEBOTOMY CERTIFICATIONS. I AM A VERY HARD-WORKING CNA, WITH GREAT REFERENCES FROM MY FORMER SUPERVISORS. IF YOU KNOW OF ANY AGENCIES THAT ARE HIRING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I NEED A JOB ASAP! CONTACT ME AT taurie.small@yahoo.com

Rose Mary in New York, New York

9 months ago

Access Careers in Queens has a great PCT program which includes C.N.A., EKG and Phlebotomy. They are all free if you qualify for a voucher. Every single person goes though every single skill to practice for the state board, and we can practice other times too.
The teacher also prepares you to study for the national EKG and Phlebotomy exams.

Rosemar in Jericho, New York

8 months ago

letmetrainyou in Hempstead, New York said: Hello Nancy,
We are in Hempstead, NY which is in Long Island. We are affiliated with several agencies that will pay for your CNA training at no cost to you, but you must apply to these agencies yourself and meet their eligibility requirements. Most of the agencies that will pay for your training will ask you to show residency in the state that you are applying in. There are several agencies that will pay for your education provided you meet their requirements. If you do decide to attend our school we do have classes for the CNA curriculum that meet every Saturday and Sunday for 8 weekends.Let me know if you need any other info. Good Luck

Im interesting sen me the information

Magda in Flushing, New York

6 months ago

Came to this site to find a Free CNA school, and looks like they do not exist. ): I do not know why I think they would, what is free???

SHIRLEY in Garden City, New York

4 months ago

I ATTENDED THE ACCESS IN HEMPSTEAD AND THE TEACHER WAS AMAZING I WAS VERY IMPRESSED AND ALSO SATISFIED WITH ALL THE LESSONS AND CLASSWORK AND SKILLS GIVEN I PASSED BOTH WRITTEN AND SKILLS W/ FLYING COLORS AND OFFICE STAFF WAS VERY NICE AND WORKED WELL W/STUDENT

Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11  12  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.