Free cna training in New York

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 549)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Lily in New York, New York

63 months ago

towanah in South Ozone Park, New York said: I am a Certified Patient Care Assistant and Home Health Aide, who is interested in upgrading my profession and cannot afford to pay for school.

I would like to know if you could help me by informing myself of free certified nurses Assistant classes here ny including long island?

thank you
I'll wait patiently for your response

Yes contact Micropwer Carreer Institute

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

katrina

63 months ago

Go to workforce 1 in any borough to get grant for free training. Google it in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

charlene in New York, New York

63 months ago

I just found out that the Manhattan Education Oppurtunity Center (meoc) in harlem offers free classes for the cna program.

Boces in long island offers the cna program for $1285.00.

The Manhhatan Institute offers the cna program for $1300.00.

The Bulkans Heath Care Service in brooklyn offers the cna program for $935.00.

I hope i was able to help some one..........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicbid in Rochester, New York

63 months ago

Dynasty Hill in Rochester, New York said: I'm a CNA and i got my training in Rochester,NY but i want to move to Hempstead in a few months,can i get a jod as a CNA there?

Where in Rochester did you get your CNA training Im trying very hard to locate a school but I am having no luck. Thanks so much!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

futureNurse in Woodhaven, New York

62 months ago

futureNurse in Rockville Center in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: I went to Access in Hempstead and it was fun. My teacher was very helpful, and there are no rats or roaches, otherwise i wouldn't have gone there! I had a payment plan which was adjusted to my personl needs, if you run into a problem with a plan, you just need to be honest, upfront, and tell them so they can make an adjustment, I didn't have a payment situation but my friends did, and it wasn't a big deal, they worked something out for her. They even have a job placement adviser who is helping to find me a job, she actually has one lined up for me! I definitely recommend it !

***why are u using my screen name to make a fake response..THIS IS SOMEONE WHO WORKS AT THE SCHOOL... GO SEE HOW GHETTO THAT SCHOOL IS AND TELL ME IF YOU WOULD PAY $1000 TO ATTEND.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

hoping to attend in Far Rockaway, New York said: I would like to know do anyone have the number for access career in long island. And also how long is the class...

YOU DON'T WANT THAT #,,JUST GO TO BOCES..A MUCH MORE REPUTABLE SCHOOL.

62 months ago

LetMeTrainYou in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: Access Careers has 4 sessions that run every month. Mon-Thurs 10am-2pm for 6 weeks, Mon-Thurs 2pm-6pm for 6 weeks, Mon-Thurs 6pm-9pm for 8 weeks, Sat & Sun from 10am-4pm for 8 weeks. Located at 474 Fulton Avenue, Suite 201, Hempstead,NY11550

GO TO BOCES .. A MORE REPUTABLE SCHOOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

goodgranny41 in Waldorf, Maryland

62 months ago

I just got my CNA License renewed in MD and I am in search of where to get my CNA License in NYC. I have been trying for the longest time to find the location for this information. Can you help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

martine

62 months ago

CNA Trainer in Hempstead, New York said: Access Careers has a CNA program. They are located at 474 Fulton Avenue, Hempstead,NY. Classes start every month and you can contact them to get info regarding new schedules and start dates.

I m certiefied hha I lke be

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PUMPKIN77

62 months ago

DR CASIRARO 2016 in Wantagh, New York said: I am going to CNA training but i had to pay $800. I tried getting it free but they said my parents make too much money. I tried at the Long Island Opportunity Center on Fulton Avenue in Hempstead. Now I am attending Access Careers in Hempstead, I am going to finish up my program by the end of this month and take my certification exam and do my clinical labs that you have to do in order to complete the course. Theres also a place in Flushing called NY Medical Center, the cost of their prgm is $709 and theres also another program in Manhatten called Manhattan Institute that is $999. Hope I helped, I tried getting it free but i couldnt and i also didnt wanna waste time, I want to finish this up fast so i can start working and make money. Good luck with your future endeavors. Hope I helped. :0/

DON'T GO TO THE MANHATTAN INSTITUTE...IT IS A RIPOFF. THE TEACHERS ARE TERRIBLE AND THE CLASSROOMS ARE FILTHY. 18 OUR OF 25 MEMBERS OF MY CLASS FAILED THE CLINICAL PART BECAUSE THE PLACE NEVER TAUGHT IT TO US...STAY AWAY

Jeff in Brooklyn, New York

62 months ago

katrina in Brooklyn, New York said: Manhattan educational oppurtunity center in harlem has a free CNA program

Where can I get more information on this program? Is there a website I can visit?

Thank you!! :)

Samuel Olatunji in Yakima, Washington

62 months ago

I am CNA in State of Washington and I am planning to relocate to New York early next year how can I change my license from Washington to New York License.Can you kindly help me please.

goodgranny41 in Waldorf, Maryland

62 months ago

FOR ALLL WHO WANT TO GET THEIR CNA LICENSE FOR THE STATE OF NEW YORK OR ANY OTHER STATE, GO TO: STATE NURSE AIDE REGISTRY LIST, AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PRINT THE INFORMATION FOR ANY AND EVERY STATE. FOR NEW YORK GO TO: WWW.PROMETRIC.COM/NURSEAIDE/NY. THEY WILL SEND YOU THE HANDBOOK WITH THE APPLICATION INSIDE, IF YOU ARE LICENSED IN ANOTHER STATE, JUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AND SEND A COPY OF YOUR STATE LICENSE INFORMATION AND THE AMOUNT THAT IS INDICATED, PROBABLE $50.00 AND THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO IT. GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE THIS INFO HELPS YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kimtejeda in New York, New York

62 months ago

soca21 in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes there are alot of places that offer the medical assistant and cna for free SUNY BEOC downtown Bklyn 111 Borem Place offers the medical office assistant. SUNY MEOC and the Bronx EOC offers the CNA for FREE thats right darling! And BMCC at 163 W 125 Street 6th floor offers the medical assistant class the number is two one two six six five-one eight two zero

Thanks so much for all the info. you;ve provided. I have the placement test on july 21st and I am no so good in math do you know if this is an advanced math test or basic. Thanks

littleone13142 in Syracuse, New York

62 months ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for a free cna training, but I live in the watertown ny area. Does anyone know of any place up here that is offering the training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

HopefulNYer in Patchogue, New York

61 months ago

I dont know why this thing says patchogue, i live in bay shore ny in the town of islip. does anyne know if there are any free cna training programs in the town of islip or babylon. i know some people named some free ones in suffolk county but i have no car( big disadvantage in this county) but i need a car for most jobs but i have no money for the car that's why i am hoping to find the course so i can get a job and get a car. Any help would be really appreciated..thanks guys:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jeanettejb21@yahoo.com in Hackensack, New Jersey

61 months ago

soca21 in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes there are alot of places that offer the medical assistant and cna for free SUNY BEOC downtown Bklyn 111 Borem Place offers the medical office assistant. SUNY MEOC and the Bronx EOC offers the CNA for FREE thats right darling! And BMCC at 163 W 125 Street 6th floor offers the medical assistant class the number is two one two six six five-one eight two zero

thanks do you have info for Bronx EOC -125th would have been great but looking for cna

61 months ago

i put in wrong e-mail address this is the right one jrbaines21@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

karenearthangel@gmail.com in Uniondale, New York said: Am thinking of doing my CNA on line, but i have to be certified to work in NY. I would like to know if there are any hospital or nursing homes in Longisland that could offer me the 10 hours clinical, after i am done doing the course on line In order for me to be certified by doing the state board after am done with the 10 hours clinical.

please send website to take class on-line

jrbaines21@yahoo.com in Hackensack, New Jersey

61 months ago

jeanettejb21@yahoo.com in Hackensack, New Jersey said: please send website to take class on-line

this is correct e-mail address jrbaines21@yahoo.com

61 months ago

MayellynR, Manhattan in New York, New York said: I just find out about manhattan educational opportunity center on 125th street, they offer the cna for free, but its required to pass a test called TABE, anyone interested? call two one two nine six one four four zero zero. Call as soon as possible because they giving a test on January 23.

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Luk in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: contact your local AARP office. You can register with them and they have govt. funding that will pay for a CNA certification course.

Luk

please send more info

Samuel Olatunji in Yakima, Washington

61 months ago

Thanks for your concern, I really appreciate.

61 months ago

found a place here in jersey Going to meet with the guy tomorrow for more info Hope it's a free course will let you know

Chrissy M in Patchogue, New York

61 months ago

I am not looking for a free cna program! I will pay whatever it is I have to..I just can't find any openings in any school! all the BOCES programs are full for the fall!! Does anyone know anywhere else that does the cna training in suffolk? Thaks

nfmny227@yahoo.com in Jamaica, New York

61 months ago

CNA Trainer in Hempstead, New York said: Hi,
Access Careers has a CNA Nursing Assistant Training program. They are located at 474 Fulton Avenue, Hempstead, NY. Contact them for info regarding new class start dates.

Can you give me a phone number for this location?

mary grace in Woodside, New York

61 months ago

I live in Woodside Queens, too, I finished my CNA course in Manhattan Institute and I can say that it is a very good school, infact, I just finished with my upgrade, the PCT course which is a combination of EKG and Phlebotomy. I am scheduled to take my state board exam on the 20th of August, so I started to search for sites where I could get more practise exams for CNA.

Grace

tanguera in Woodside, New York said: Hey Sunnyside, did you ever complete a CNA course around Queens? I am based in Woodside, Queens but am willing to travel to Manhattan or Brooklyn to take a CNA course. I just want to know which schools are better, which ones finish quickly (4 or 5 weeks.. or less?) and how much schools cost.

I have read posts on here to stay away from certain schools, but is there anyone who had a really great experience with their CNA course? And do they help you find a job easily?

Jessica in Brooklyn, New York

61 months ago

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I really like reading comments from ppl of same interest. I've almost completed my training as a HHA and currently seeking to continue accomplishing more.
The Adult and Continuing Education school gives free training for CNAs, also if you're registered with Workforce1, Department of Labour you can also be entitled to free training programs Medical Assitant, CNA, HHA and so on...I think Res Care also offers free programs for adults 16 -24 yrs..
I hold this helped.

Jessica in Brooklyn, New York

61 months ago

* Hope this helps

Adult Continuing Education School (free classes)
SEVEN ONE EIGHT-SIX THREE EIGHT-TWO SIX THREE FIVE

Workforce1 Dept. of Labour (Schl vouchers & training)
SEVEN ONE EIGHT-TWO FOUR SIX-FIVE TWO ONE NINE

ResCare/ Job Corps. (free classes)
EIGHT ZERO ZERO-SEVEN THREE THREE-FIVE SIX TWO SEVEN

I'm currently applying to another school for CNA & PCT program which I can get for free. Do you guys think that it is wise to start a Nursing degree early next year since I don't have exp as CNA?

jumpseater23 in Forest Hills, New York

61 months ago

tired said: Try to contact nursing homes in your area.The certification is for long term care but you can use it in the hospital.Stony Brook Veterans Home just completed a class.You usually have to work for the nursing home for a certain period of time.You make more working in a nursing home but you bust your butt.

do you know that starting salary for someone just completing the cna?

winsome in new-york

60 months ago

CNA Trainer in Hempstead, New York said: Access Careers has a CNA program. They are located at 474 Fulton Avenue, Hempstead,NY. Classes start every month and you can contact them to get info regarding new schedules and start dates.

how do i get acces careers phone number

letmetrainyou in New York, New York

60 months ago

five one six four three three zero zero three four

david r lewis in Bayport, New York

60 months ago

I looking for a free CNA program in suffolk county.I have heard of one called ST Cathrine of sieana.I would like some information.

AINOSKA in Franklin Square, New York

60 months ago

Miss Adams in East Orange, New Jersey said: HOW CAN I FIND A SCHOOL THAT HAVE FREE CNA CLASSES

IN SUFFOLK AVE IN BRENTWOOD YOU COULD GET IT FOR FREE

AINOSKA in Franklin Square, New York

60 months ago

THE LOCATION IS SUFFOLK AVE IN NEW YORK THE SCHOOL NAME LIEOC ANY ONE THAT CAN HELP ME T GET FREE COURSE LET ME KNOW

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jadaw27 in Bronx, New York

60 months ago

jasmin in Rosedale, New York said: STATE OF NEW YORK IS PAYING FOR PEOPLE TO GO GET A TRADE

GO TO BRONX WORKFORCE CENTER ASK FOR A VOCUHER BRING 2 PIC IDS, RESUMES, HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA

VISIT CHRISTINE INSTITUE OF VOCATIONAL TRAINING IN QUEENS, NEW YORK BECAUE ONLY AT THIS SCHOOL THEY PAY FOR TUITION, BOOKS, UNIFORM AND STATE EXAM!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT CAN CLASS MAY 18, 2009

ONLY AT THE BRONX YOU GET THE VOUCHER IN 2 WEEEKS.

They dont just give the voucher to anyone, you have to have prior experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sexidread in Brooklyn, New York

59 months ago

mary grace in Woodside, New York said: I live in Woodside Queens, too, I finished my CNA course in Manhattan Institute and I can say that it is a very good school, infact, I just finished with my upgrade, the PCT course which is a combination of EKG and Phlebotomy. I am scheduled to take my state board exam on the 20th of August, so I started to search for sites where I could get more practise exams for CNA.

Grace

hey there is this mid mahattan school in harlem?

nasia25girl in Paterson, New Jersey

59 months ago

i really would like to find a free cna training program in newjersy i have ben to several schools and i cant find any programs who would help me pay for school

nikki

59 months ago

Does anyone know a facility or school that provides free or reasonably priced CNA programs in Sullivan County, NY?

Joan in Lynbrook, New York

59 months ago

towanah in South Ozone Park, New York said: I am a Certified Patient Care Assistant and Home Health Aide, who is interested in upgrading my profession and cannot afford to pay for school.

I would like to know if you could help me by informing myself of free certified nurses Assistant classes here ny including long island?

thank you
I'll wait patiently for your response

Hi ! Have you tried workforceccenter at queens? The Government is giving thousand of millions dollars for people who are interested to study and if you already have a background in Health care , like you , they will approve you very fast for a grant it will take up to 6 weeks to be approved, go now and good look !

ceecee in Brooklyn, New York

59 months ago

thats good!!! You can go through Workforce1 thats closest to you..which is in Queens and apply to the NEW AGE SCHOOL...IN 2 months you can gain a cna, ekg, and phlebotomy license all in one!! You will be a CNA and a PCT (Patient Care Technician when you're done)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

nasia25girl in Paterson, New Jersey

59 months ago

i havent gotin a response about my comment regarding a free cna program in newjersey because newyork is to far for me

58 months ago

Sorry but I only know about NY..good luck with your search!

hello help me pleaase in Brooklyn, New York

58 months ago

i am would like the CNA class for free if anyone know wheere can i take it for free let me kn ow my email is romeoaron@ymail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

if anyone know of a CNS class in manhattan or anyother city around new york city let me know.But i am looking for a cheap and goos school please

58 months ago

if anyone know of a CNA school cheap in manhattan or around let me know i need to know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

You can google Workforce1 in your borough. Go to that location and sign up for a CNA voucher..it's a process but hang on! A good school to go to id New Age School..the are experts and worforce funds your free uniform, books, medical kit. In this particualr school you get funded to get 3 certificates!! CNA, EKG and Phlebotomy TECh all in 3 months..so you cant loose!! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jadaw27 in Bronx, New York

58 months ago

ceecee in Brooklyn, New York said: Go to Workforce1 in Manhattan and sign up for a free voucher to attain your cna license. Apply to the NEw Age school and you can actually get your cna, ekg and phlebotomy tech license all for free!!! Good luck!

Do they screen you? Because the workforce 1 in the Bronx, you have to have prior work experience.

cee cee in Brooklyn, New York

58 months ago

They do screen you but they don not expect you to have experience. They just want to see your enthusiasm about learning and attaining your license. You will have a workshop and orientation to go to to help you fill out the application. You will then wait to see someone to evaluate your application to make sure its filled out completely and then they send you on your way and tell you that they will call you if you have been approved. When you are approved you go back and pick up your voucher and take that voucher to the school you decided on...NEW AGE SCHOOL is a very good school!! And that's it!! Oh but bring 3 printed out sheets of places that need cna's and 3 printed out sheets of different schools (including the one you really want to go to)..bringing these documents makes your time there shorter but they never tell you these things! So do what you gotta do girl and good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

58 months ago

aburrell76 said: Go to your local social sevices office- they will help with housing, job training, food stamps and a lil cash till you get on your feet

Don't know any thing about your area. See if you have a vocational rehab center in your county. They will help in so many areas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.