Free cna training in New York

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 551)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

57 months ago

aburrell76 said: Go to your local social sevices office- they will help with housing, job training, food stamps and a lil cash till you get on your feet

Don't know any thing about your area. See if you have a vocational rehab center in your county. They will help in so many areas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in New York, New York

57 months ago

Hi my name is Lisa and Iam 18 years old.....I'm looking for a free cna class in queens ny and all the institute I called they are to expensive for me to pay...could anyone tell me where I can find a free cna class thank you for your help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ethel in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

hello help me pleaase in Brooklyn, New York said: i am would like the CNA class for free if anyone know wheere can i take it for free let me kn ow my email is romeoaron@ymail.com

Hi Romeo!
Yes there is a place in Brooklyn to train for CNA courses. I called and the classes start in February 2010. It is absolutely FREE! All you have to pay for is your carfare to get to the Adult Education Center. I was also told that they supply you with everything. The training is a seven month course. If your still interested you can email me at ethelstevenslove54@yahoo.com, because I don't have the information on me right now. It's in Brooklyn on 6th avenue. You take the N or R train to 59th street.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jovanny in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

HELLO EVERYBODY IF ANYONE KNOW OF A CHEAP OR FREE PLACE WHERE THEY GIVE THE CNA CLASS AROUN BROOKLYN OR MANHATTAN OR SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL APRECIATE THAT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Hi Jovanny!
Here's the information about the CNA classes.
Family Support Center/Adult Education Center, 6025 6th avenue, between 60th & 61st Street (seven one eight)six three zero seven one five zero Brooklyn, N.Y. Take the N or R train to 59th street in Brooklyn. Classes evenings 6 to 9 p.m. Monday to Thursday.
7 months of training (FREE). Classes starts in February 2010. They supply you with uniform, books, etc. For the month of February they teach you about doing your resume and job readiness. At the end of the training you take the state board exam and that's also free. If you fail then you pay about $85.00. So call it's free. Also Workforce has medical training programs. Workforce Center 9 Bond Street 5th floor Brooklyn n.y. You can get LPN training, EMT (code 1) and other training courses as well. Here's Code 1 phone number (seven one eight)nine three one one six zero one. They're in the Bronx. Go to Workforce and apply for a grant for these medical training. Ethel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

lisa in New York, New York said: Hi my name is Lisa and Iam 18 years old.....I'm looking for a free cna class in queens ny and all the institute I called they are to expensive for me to pay...could anyone tell me where I can find a free cna class thank you for your help

Hi Lisa:
Here's information for free CNA classes: But it's in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Family Support Center/Adult Education Center 6025 6th ave (seven one eight six three zero seven one five zero, between 60th & 61st street. Training classes 7 months, evening classes 6 to 9 p.m. Take the N or R train to 59th street in Brooklyn, N.Y. At the end of the training you take the state board exam, if you fail, you pay about $85.00. So call. They supply you with uniform, books etc. Also the Workforce Center has medical training programs. Go to the Workforce Center on Jamaica Ave. Apply for a grant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

john in New York, New York said: can someone please and please (I really need help) where I can find a free cna class because I don't have any money to pay to take the class. I have been looking for a job for about a year now and I can't find none. A free cna class in long island, queens or Manhattan. but I preffered queens. Thank you for helping me in advance may god bless you.

John:
If you prefer Queens, then go to the Workforce Career 1 Center on Jamaica ave, at 168-25 Jamaica ave, between 168th & 169th. They have many medical training programs. Apply for a grant and choose the field of your choice. You won't have to pay at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

John:
At the Workforce Center tell them that your interested in CNA classes. Your training will take about 3 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jadaw27 in Bronx, New York

57 months ago

Ethel in Brooklyn, New York said: John:
At the Workforce Center tell them that your interested in CNA classes. Your training will take about 3 months.

Do you need to have experience in the medical field in order for you to get a voucher for something in the medical field? Because when i went to the workforce 1 in the bronx they told me i wasnt qualified because i didnt prior experience. Is it the same thing there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rina in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

57 months ago

hi i am rina here i ahve questions regarding the programe of cna i am h4 visa so canu tell me i will do this course

my background is from medical field from india so pls help me i am ineterested in doing this programe

ok bye

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Hi:
Jadaw, different offices does different things. It's different in Brooklyn. You have to show them your resume to determine what you're interested in. I say go to another office, Queens, Mahattan, Brooklyn. In Brooklyn if you haven't been to the workforce office in the last 6 months you sign up to see a career counselor and then they'll schedule you an appointment for (2) weeks. Tell them you're interested in taking the CNA classes, or pick the medical field of your choice and apply for the grant. It takes 6 weeks. The CNA classes is (3) months training with workforce. They supply you with the uniform, books, etc. Go for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Jovanny:
Look on the CNA forum here. Recently I wrote you and gave the information. Also you can go to the Workfoce Career 1 Center downtown Brooklyn and get into the CNA training program or tell them you're interested in the medical field and you can take the training of your choice. Take your resume with you when you go, they will give you an appointment to come back. CNA classes take less the time (3) months. Ask about the New Age School when you speak to a counselor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Rina
Don't know anything about New Jersey. Check your local listings in New Jersey to see if there's any training for CNA. Try Lincloln Tech or Everest. Check websites on the computer for CNA training in New Jersey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

mf said: thank you. Do you have any phone numbers I could contact?

Thanks for your help. MF

It burns me so for people to just keep asking for so much help. The girl just gave you names,,,now you want a phone number. What next, map the directions for you. Come on folks get motivated, do some of the leg work yourself! I bet you are still sitting on your butt waiting on a phone number... Good Grief!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ybrown in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

Sharon33 in Far Rockaway, New York said: Hi there there is a cna program at the Education Opportunity Center in Hempstead, free of charge if you qualify.

Hi this sounds great so what documents will I need to sign up A.S.A.P and I would also need the travel directions Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

von brooklyn in Brooklyn, New York

57 months ago

Thanks but can some one please tell me what documents must I bring with me to workforce 1 in brooklyn to start the CNA class? and do they accept copies of documents if any?

56 months ago

ybrown in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi this sounds great so what documents will I need to sign up A.S.A.P and I would also need the travel directions Thanks.

ms Sharon I am all for helping people, truly I am...But I would not give this young lady not one more bit of information. You are communicating with her via internet, could you not do any homework on you on. Watch out Ms Sharon, next she will want you to set her up a appointment and give her a ride. She gave you the name : OPPORTUNITY CENTER IN HOMESTEAD free of charge, take the time to do some work on your on, for Christ sake you have a computer and I'm sure you must have a telephone. Help comes to those who help themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

von brooklyn in Brooklyn, New York said: Thanks but can some one please tell me what documents must I bring with me to workforce 1 in brooklyn to start the CNA class? and do they accept copies of documents if any?

The perfect place to start would be workforce one. Even you u have to make one trip to get information and another for the actually appointment. Use a little common sense, some of your OWN common sense. ID, SS CARD, names and Birth dates of people in your home, income, High School transcript or GED, if none ask about GED classes when you get there. These are all documents you should have readily on hand and keep together in a safe place always! If you do not have any of these documents, start collecting them all ASAP and be sure to always have them. Also get a copy of any vaccines you will have, often times for work or school this verification is also needed. Be willing to use your resources and put in the work. It is not good to rely so much on others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Hi: Miss Brown
Checking my email tonight and saw your name asking for information about free CNA classes. Here's some information, okay. Since you live in Brooklyn it shouldn't be a problem. Here are (2) choices. Family Support Center/Adult Education Center 6025 6th Avenue seven one eight six three zero seven one five zero between 60th & 61st street Brooklyn N.Y. Take the N or R train to 59th street in Brooklyn. Here they have FREE CNA classes for (7)months evenings at 6 to 9p.m. Monday to Thursday with books, and uniform included. They don't teach you phlebotomy, and you take the State board to become certified in the last stages of the CNA training. Next is Workforce. Workforce is located in downtown Brooklyn, 9 Bond Street 5th floor,seven one eight two four six five two one nine Take a copy of your resume with you. Go sign up and have a seat afterwards, because you have to go through orientation. In orientation they explain to you the many different opportunities that they have to offer. Then you see a career counselor. You tell the counselor you want to take CNA training. The counselor will ask you to get an appointment to come back. It will probaly take less the time,(3) months. You will learn all that's is required with uniform and books supplies included. Workforce has other medical training as well. Workforce has grants and they will pay for your training. Here's my email ethelstevenslove54yahoo.com, so go for it, okay.

56 months ago

mf said: thank you. Do you have any phone numbers I could contact?

Thanks for your help. MF

Hi:
Here is the phone number for Workforce seven one eight two four six five two one nine. 9 Bond Street Brooklyn N.Y. 5th floor. Go sign up and go through orientation, take your resume with you. Workforce will explain to you the many opportunities they have in orientation. Tell your counselor that you're interested in taking some medical training. CNA classes or any medical training of your choice. Workforce has grants and you have to apply for them, that's the purpose of you going there. You won't have to pay anything. Go for it. email me. ethelstevenslove54@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

tina-maire in Fresh Meadows, New York said: I WENT TO COLLEGE FOR 2 YEARS AND RECIEVED COLLEGE CREDITS AND I GRADUATED SCHOOL WITH MY ASSOCIATES IN MEDICAL ASSISTING IN 2007. AFTER GRADUATING I WENT ON DOZENS OF INTERVIEWS, AND MOST OF THE TIME THE JOB REQUIRES SOMEONE WHO IS BILINGUAL OR HAVE EXPERIENCE PRIOR IN THE HEALTH CARE FIELD.I NEVER WAS HIRED AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT. IN 2008 I DECIDED TO DO THE UNTHINKIBLE. I WENT FOR TRAINING AS A HHA/PCA. I DO NOT KNOCK ANYONE WHO IS A HHA/PCA. BUT IT LOOKS LIKE I HAD TO WORK BACKWORDS.IM CURRENTLY IN DEPT PAYING MY STUDENT LOANS IN MEDICAL ASSISTING EVEN THO IM NOT EMPLOYED AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT. I WISH I COULD FIND TRAINING IF ANY FREE TRAINING AS A CNA SO I COULD GET A JOB WORKING IN THE HOSPITAL.

IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT FREE CNA TRAINING IN THE QUEENS NEW YORK AREA OR IN NEW YORK PERIOD PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RESPOND.

THANK YOU,
TINA

Hi Tina:
How you making out as far as getting CNA training.
email me ethelstevenslove54@yahoo.com

56 months ago

Ethel in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Tina:
How you making out as far as getting CNA training.
email me ethelstevenslove54@yahoo.com

Can you not work as a PCA? Yes it does sounds like you are going backward. Can I recommend doing whatever you can to keep current on you MA. I understand you can take a quick free class and work as a cna, but again your moving backwards. When you do find employment, try to find a place where there is room for advancement. Don't let you MA go down the drain.

56 months ago

Hi Mary:
A PCA and a CNA is pretty much basically the same profession. It all depends on what some people want to take up or do. To be a Home Attendant is going backwards, because a PCA, Medical Assistant, and a CNA in most cases depending on where you got your training from know phlebotomy. I'm going for a license practical nurse. Also I read your comment about me giving the information for free training to become a CNA and they wanted phone numbers and everything. Enjoy your holidays!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ethel in Brooklyn, New York

56 months ago

Hi: Cowgirl 1088
Sometimes you have to play around on the computer to find the information you need. I found this information for you concerning CNA classes.
It's SUNY Syracuse Equal Opportunity Center 100 New Street, Syracuse, New York 13202. Write them or go there to see what information they give you.

Adrienne Agee in Norcross, Georgia

56 months ago

Davidsb04 in Brockport, New York said: hi, where did you get your training in rochester, ny.. im in brockport ny and i want to become a CNA

Try EOC, you can also apply to unity hospital and they offer free CNA training, Thompson hospital in Canadaigua also offers it free as well as the Brightonian Nursing home. Try those to start with. Hope this helps.

Adrienne Agee in Norcross, Georgia

56 months ago

Adrienne Agee in Norcross, Georgia said: Try EOC, you can also apply to unity hospital and they offer free CNA training, Thompson hospital in Canadaigua also offers it free as well as the Brightonian Nursing home. Try those to start with. Hope this helps.

By the way those are places in Rochester, NY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cowgirl 1088

56 months ago

thanks , yes , i need either watertown or syracuse , ....

Matthew George in Providence, Rhode Island

56 months ago

katrina in Brooklyn, New York said: Manhattan educational oppurtunity center in harlem has a free CNA program

How do I enroll into the classes? I live in different state.
Can I still be eligiable for the classes if i live in different state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Ethel in Brooklyn, New York said: Jovanny:
Look on the CNA forum here. Recently I wrote you and gave the information. Also you can go to the Workfoce Career 1 Center downtown Brooklyn and get into the CNA training program or tell them you're interested in the medical field and you can take the training of your choice. Take your resume with you when you go, they will give you an appointment to come back. CNA classes take less the time (3) months. Ask about the New Age School when you speak to a counselor.

ETHEL,I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH NEW YORK,CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THEIR NUMBER PLEASE.OR WHEN YOU CAN MAIL ME THEIR E-MAIL ADDERSS,I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IT.HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

56 months ago

Hi Ethel,
Thank you for the info.I'm not familiar new york.If you know their number and the e-mail address,can assist me with the info.Honey,I been out of job for the past six months.Right now,I have no choice but to do the certified nursing assistant training.Hope to hear from you.

56 months ago

Hi Matthew:
Just read your message tonight and here is the information for the free CNA information. Your best bet is to go to the Workforce Career #1 Center located in New York City in Manhattan. The address is 215 west 125th street 6th floor, phone number is two one two two eight zero- three seven two nine. Or visit their website www.nyc.gov/workforce1 or dial 311. Maybe 311 could give you information for the Rhode Island area on CNA. Tell them your interested in free CNA training.

Stacsi in Brooklyn, New York

56 months ago

Whatever you do,don't go to Hostos community college in the bronx, the teacher was often almost an hour late to class and would let us out early! Plus she said we would be taking off days for new years and that we didn't have a nursing home to do our clinicals afterward, just plain ghetto, I got my money back and never looked back.

Patty in Bridgeport, Connecticut

56 months ago

I am a cna here in ct, but I am planing on moving to Jamaica Queens and I would like to know if you offer the cna training in spanish or english and I would like to know the dates and time of when the programs starts and also if it is free and if not where can I take it for free.

Thank you very much,
Patty

Skittles in San Antonio, Texas

55 months ago

When you graduate as a CNA here in Texas do they issue you a diploma what???

courtneyy in Rochester, New York

55 months ago

I am looking for a cna class in rochester that is free and they offer you a job afterward like in a nursing home or some place that offers it

55 months ago

Hi Patty:
You can go to the workforce career center 1 in Jamaica Queens, N Y. It's located on Jamaica Avenue at 169th street, or visit their website www.nyc.gov/workforce 1, or call 311 to get the phone number for the office in Queens, N Y. They have free CNA training which last about (3) months. When you come to the big city go to the workforce center. Good luck.

55 months ago

Hi Patty:
I'm writing once again because I made a mistake on the street in Jamaica N.Y.
The Workforce center is on 168th street in Jamaica N. Y. Anyway still go to the website and call 311 to get the phone number. 168th street on Jamaica avenue. Apply for the grant for CNA classes, it's free.

roma in Paramus, New Jersey

55 months ago

Hi, I went to work force to get a grant for CNA programs and got admitted in Access Careers downtown Brooklyn before two weeks. admission staff guide me for voucher, upgrade your skill for good job

roma in Paramus, New Jersey

55 months ago

Patty in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: I am a cna here in ct, but I am planing on moving to Jamaica Queens and I would like to know if you offer the cna training in spanish or english and I would like to know the dates and time of when the programs starts and also if it is free and if not where can I take it for free.

Thank you very much,
Patty

I got trained in Access careers Brooklyn, nice staff to help for training

SHERYLWEST@43YAHOO.COM in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

WOULD ANYONE HAVE ANY NEW INFORMATION ON ANY NEWLY POSTED FREE CNA TRAINING PROGRAMS IN THE NEW YORK AREA AS OF JANUARY 2010. IF ANYONE DOES, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS, WITH THE INFORMATION OF THE LOCATIONS, TELEPHONE NUMBERS, DATES OF TESTINGS, AND TIMES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kettly meekins in Lynbrook, New York

55 months ago

looking for a free cna program in long island heampstead area or lynbrook

McVeggie in New York, New York

55 months ago

roma in Paramus, New Jersey said: Hi, I went to work force to get a grant for CNA programs and got admitted in Access Careers downtown Brooklyn before two weeks. admission staff guide me for voucher, upgrade your skill for good job

Hi, Roma how long did it take you to get the voucher in workforce 1 for the CNA program. I went to workforce 1 in jamaica once before they wants me to go through all the BS just to get an ungurantee voucher. I was told the workforce1 in state island is easier to get. Do you goto workforce 1 first and apply at access career or goto access career first then goto workforce 1?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lauren tully in Holbrook, New York

55 months ago

iam currently looking for a way to success . interested in persuing my medical assisstance degree

emme in College Point, New York

55 months ago

towanah in South Ozone Park, New York said: I am a Certified Patient Care Assistant and Home Health Aide, who is interested in upgrading my profession and cannot afford to pay for school.

I would like to know if you could help me by informing myself of free certified nurses Assistant classes here ny including long island?

thank you
I'll wait patiently for your response

you can go to you local workforce1 center they provide free training for cna, dental assistant, and medical assistant via an itg voucher. requirement to recieve the voucher are you cant make more than 50000 year and you must be willing to work. that is it. all that is asked of you is to fill out very simple and brief paper work. again workforce1 offers a variety of training opportunties through what is called an itg voucher.

sadpanda in Flushing, New York

55 months ago

although these classes are free, are all the cna programs that accept the itg vouchers accredited?

cnaintraining in MOUNT VERNON, New York

55 months ago

jadaw27 in Bronx, New York said: Do you need to have experience in the medical field in order for you to get a voucher for something in the medical field? Because when i went to the workforce 1 in the bronx they told me i wasnt qualified because i didnt prior experience. Is it the same thing there?

Workforce wants you to have experience. I went to Westchester EOC in Yonkers. They may have a BX location. Main requirement is you can not say you have prior college experience.

jadaw27 in Bronx, New York

55 months ago

You guys need to give all the info to people who are asking about the workforce one vouchers. You need to have 1 year of hha experience in order to be consider for a voucher for a cna program. I was denied because i didnt have that.

McVeggie in New York, New York

55 months ago

Yes, workforce1 wants you to be in the field first before they give you voucher. I went there once before I was in another field. wanted voucher for medical billing they refused to give it to me. I told them I have volunteer experiences they say no good enough.

Kimsue in Flushing, New York

55 months ago

interested

donald in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

hi how are you my name is donald i like to take a class for cna cause im really like to work and the cna

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.