Free cna training in New York

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 552)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

donald in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

hi how are you my name is donald i like to take a class for cna cause im really like to work and the cna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lushis39@yahoo.com in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

51 months ago

I have three years experience as a personal care worker.it is very difficult for me to presue my career. i have a past felony conviction that has halt on my career no one is willing to hire me. im very mush intrested in becoming certified.what can i do? I went to the Governer to get a pardon i was denied.my conviction is 15 years old i was denied cause they say i didnt show remorse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

laurente in Nyack, New York

51 months ago

I'm 25 years old i have my high school certificates i really do want to be a cna i couldn't find a job since i here in march 2008 i'm working with the agency now but they don't even give you time i don't have my husband is not working also i don't have insurance since i was in my country i have that in my mind to study RN but now i can afford it by now i want to take the cna instead.please send me your advise

john in Shirley, New York

51 months ago

Rose in Troy, New York said: I am curious to know if you can get a CNA license in New York State if you have a misdemeaner charge against you. I heard that if you have this type of charge you still can get hired. It was 3 years ago and I have long ago paid my dues. please let me know. I am very interested in pursuing this career now that I have grown up. I worked with the disabled for over 2 years in a house setting for adults and I loved it. Please let me know about NYS laws

first you would have to find a place thats is willing to hire you and once your finger prints come back flagged you will get a letter from the deparment of health then you have to get all the documents off the list they send to you in the mail from the deparment of health than you mail it back to them your info goes to the legal review unit then you will have to wait for there answer if you can work or not but their answer is not base on the crime commited its based on the info you send in so the better or get a head start and call the and ask them to mail what is needed call 411 deparment of health in albany ny legal review unit just try and see good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

john in Elmhurst, New York

51 months ago

laurente in Nyack, New York said: I'm 25 years old i have my high school certificates i really do want to be a cna i couldn't find a job since i here in march 2008 i'm working with the agency now but they don't even give you time i don't have my husband is not working also i don't have insurance since i was in my country i have that in my mind to study RN but now i can afford it by now i want to take the cna instead.please send me your advise

I am a certified HHA and PCA,I worked for a company and now I quit:cause I can't live with that low income.Now I'm trying to take CNA class and I find out that there is a free class from GOV(SUNY)called Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC) and it is at 125th street,NY,NY.Here's the website
www.man.eoc.suny.edu/about_mission.htm
goodluck.

tcrugs@aol.com in Palisades Park, New Jersey

50 months ago

Hi,my wife has just started training for her nj cna licence.My wife is korean and although her english is pretty good,her reading and writing of english is limited.Do you know of any courses available that would be a little more suitable for her.She needs to go a little slower than the norm. thankyou tom conlon

John Brooklyn

50 months ago

I tryed work force the place was very crowded, lot of young kids. They have a lot of requirements, and I did not feel like going back many times as if I was asking for welfare. Looked at four schools I found on google, Access Career in Brooklyn (the staff seemed lost), Allen School (tryed to talk me into an expensive Medical Assistant course), Manhattan Insitute (Nice school, let me sit on the class before I enrolled), Medical Training Center in Queens (Nice school, but long trip for me)

I went with the Manhattan Institute. I had two teachers, one for the class and another one for practice in the nursing home. The classroom teacher was great, she always stayed after class for questions, also gave us her cell number and had no problem with me calling her. Class was not free, but you can pay each week, and use a credit card. All the students in my class were nice, no ghetto, trash, or rowdy young kids. I became friends with a bunch of students and we stayed after class until the night class began practing nursing skill on each other.

I found a job a week later from Tower Agency, so the money I would of saved by getting the class for free, I made back by not having to wait for training.

My advice is to find a school near your house and pay for it. The class is not that much money, and you will save time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Brooklyn

50 months ago

tcrugs@aol.com in Palisades Park, New Jersey said: Hi,my wife has just started training for her nj cna licence.My wife is korean and although her english is pretty good,her reading and writing of english is limited.Do you know of any courses available that would be a little more suitable for her.She needs to go a little slower than the norm. thankyou tom conlon

My girl friend had the problem. I went with her when I was looking around for schools. They all agreed that she should take English training first. When I researched it I found out the class is only given in English. You also only have three times to pass the Federal exam, to become licensed.

John Brooklyn

50 months ago

laurente in Nyack, New York said: I'm 25 years old i have my high school certificates i really do want to be a cna i couldn't find a job since i here in march 2008 i'm working with the agency now but they don't even give you time i don't have my husband is not working also i don't have insurance since i was in my country i have that in my mind to study RN but now i can afford it by now i want to take the cna instead.please send me your advise

Take the CNA course. It only takes a few weeks and there are jobs, which pay decent. You can check out the school I went to www.ManhattanInstitute.com I really liked it, but there are many others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Brooklyn

50 months ago

rina in Saddle Brook, New Jersey said: hi i am rina here i ahve questions regarding the programe of cna i am h4 visa so canu tell me i will do this course

my background is from medical field from india so pls help me i am ineterested in doing this programe

ok bye

thanks

What is an h4 visa? You have a social security number to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

McVeggie in New York, New York

50 months ago

Hi,
I totally agree on the work force 1.. too many trips too many things they ask for. I went to access career as well the staff there is totally clueless. I kept telling her that i cant make it for there immediately start day school which is like following monday because i didn't have the money yet. She kept telling me so you coming this monday right? I goes no! i can't i have to take care of other business first. when is your next class starts. I got a price from mahattan insitute over 1,000. I ended up going to medical training center in Flushing. Classes are done now this coming week is the internship. Then I am going back to work as a HHA first until next month i take my state exam for the certification meanwhile take my EKG and phebolame(spelling) classes. after my state exam i will be working as CNA. i know i will pass the state exam. The tutions at medical training center is the cheapest. 100 bucks less but still make it to 819. minus uniforms.

LetMeTrainYou in Hempstead, New York

50 months ago

If you don't mind me asking which Access Careers did you go to?

50 months ago

LetMeTrainYou in Hempstead, New York said: If you don't mind me asking which Access Careers did you go to?

brooklyn

nancy in Greenville, South Carolina

50 months ago

CNA Trainer in Hempstead, New York said: Access Careers has a CNA program. They are located at 474 Fulton Avenue, Hempstead,NY. Classes start every month and you can contact them to get info regarding new schedules and start dates.

hi im looking for a free cna training classes im in s.c. now but im willing to move to watertown ny to beable to do this class how far are you from watertown ny and do you require a high school diploma or can i take the class and get a job with out it my email is nancy.robenolt@yahoo.com
sincerly yours nancy robenolt

letmetrainyou in Hempstead, New York

50 months ago

nancy in Greenville, South Carolina said: hi im looking for a free cna training classes im in s.c. now but im willing to move to watertown ny to beable to do this class how far are you from watertown ny and do you require a high school diploma or can i take the class and get a job with out it my email is nancy.robenolt@yahoo.com

Hello Nancy,
We are in Hempstead, NY which is in Long Island. We are affiliated with several agencies that will pay for your CNA training at no cost to you, but you must apply to these agencies yourself and meet their eligibility requirements. Most of the agencies that will pay for your training will ask you to show residency in the state that you are applying in. There are several agencies that will pay for your education provided you meet their requirements. If you do decide to attend our school we do have classes for the CNA curriculum that meet every Saturday and Sunday for 8 weekends.Let me know if you need any other info. Good Luck

letmetrainyou in Hempstead, New York

50 months ago

yo in Bellport, New York said: yesss i got mine upstate too retard

Hello,
As long as you have a valid NYS CNA license, you can work anywhere in NY State.

50 months ago

nancy in Greenville, South Carolina said: hi im looking for a free cna training classes im in s.c. now but im willing to move to watertown ny to beable to do this class how far are you from watertown ny and do you require a high school diploma or can i take the class and get a job with out it my email is nancy.robenolt@yahoo.com

you might want to check rochester area or buffalo area. watertown ny is all the way on canadain border.

Troy in Three Mile Bay, New York

50 months ago

cowgirl 1088 said: thanks , yes , i need either watertown or syracuse , ....

Just curious if you found a place for CNA course. I Hopefully will be starting at Jefferson/Lewis BOCES April 19th. They just had a TABE test today for qualification. Anyways just curious if you were going to attend courses in Watertown or if you were at the TABE test today.

aav in Walden, New York

50 months ago

Are ther any free tcna training classes in orange county ny, dutchess county ny? Please let me know thank so much.

charmion44 in Chicago Heights, Illinois

49 months ago

im looking for a free or low cost cna program in chicagoland area.

melo365 in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

Hi I AM LOOKING 4 A FREE or low cost CNA PROGRAM IN New York Or Bronx NY

49 months ago

in Woodside, Queens CAN program total cost is $589 phone number is seven one eight five six five nine five zero zero

Ethel in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

Hi Everyone!
Please tell me how to go about studying and taking the test to become CERTIFIED CNA. What's the best way. I need to get a job later on.

49 months ago

Ethel in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Everyone!
Please tell me how to go about studying and taking the test to become CERTIFIED CNA. What's the best way. I need to get a job later on.

Do you want me to take the test for you? for god shake! STUDY and STUDY and practice your skills like everyone else does it! Make sure you retain what you study! There is no short cut for it. For some people they just need to look the book once and they have a photograph memory of it. I wish I have that ability but I don't. So, I pick up my paper work and study short period everyday until the test date comes. Do the written part exam that you find on the web. They are all pretty much the same things. They have the answer in the back.

RnBLoverx3 in Miller Place, New York

49 months ago

i3ai3ygurl81 in Middle Island, New York said: Most hospitals will pay for you to go to school if it is something in the health care field. You should def try to get a job there.

Hey I was wondering if you were aware of any other places offering the CNA program for free in the suffolk area ? thank you

mimi08 in manhattan, New York

49 months ago

Hi,
I am looking for a CNA+PCT class for free.
I already did my research found a school and they told me to go to workforce one for a voucher (since the class is abt $3500). I am planning to go to the one in brooklyn.
I know the phone number address and what to bring to the orientation session at workforce one.
Since I work it is hard for me to miss days to go their.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about how long it takes from the time I enter the building for orientation until i leave?
And how many times do we usually have to come back before getting the voucher?
(that way i can know how to fix my schedule around it)

Thanks!!!

mimine18 in Long Island, New York

49 months ago

Hi guys, does anyone know how someone who has a CNA license, working in a hospital can get free EKG/Phlebotomy in ny (Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Brooklyn..)

Rephrased: I have the CNA license but would like to be more of a PCT with the EKG and Phleb. But i heard it's expensive and have also called some places. So i was wondering if there are free classes. Is it worth paying the money? or would a CNA be able to get training in those areas??

thanks

49 months ago

Hi Mimine
Try Workforce in Queens, New York 168th street on Jamaica Avenue. You have to have at least six months working experience in order to apply for a grant to receive training for a CNA. The school that they will send you to will teach you ekg and phlebotomy. Also try these adult education centers for CNA training, their training is free. Here's a few, Queens adult learning 42-15 cresent street, 7th floor seven one eight three six nine four eight zero. street. Alternative Education complex 500 8th avenue & 35th street new york city, 7th floor, two one two eight six eight one six five zero. Educational Services 90-01 Sutphin Blvd, Jamaica New York, seven one eight five five seven two five six seven. Mid- Manhattan Adult learning 212 west 120th street new york city two one two six six six one nine one nine or one nine two zero. This manhattan learning center also has the practical nursing program for 2300 dollars and the training is only ten months. So try these for starters okay. Good luck, Ethel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

So is a CNA considered a (PCT) if they get certification in EKG an Phlebotomy? Or even able to apply for jobs as a (PCT) for hospitals?

49 months ago

Ethel in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Mimine
Try Workforce in Queens, New York 168th street on Jamaica Avenue. You have to have at least six months working experience in order to apply for a grant to receive training for a CNA. The school that they will send you to will teach you ekg and phlebotomy. Also try these adult education centers for CNA training, their training is free. Here's a few, Queens adult learning 42-15 cresent street, 7th floor seven one eight three six nine four eight zero. street. Alternative Education complex 500 8th avenue & 35th street new york city, 7th floor, two one two eight six eight one six five zero. Educational Services 90-01 Sutphin Blvd, Jamaica New York, seven one eight five five seven two five six seven. Mid- Manhattan Adult learning 212 west 120th street new york city two one two six six six one nine one nine or one nine two zero. This manhattan learning center also has the practical nursing program for 2300 dollars and the training is only ten months. So try these for starters okay. Good luck, Ethel

Thanks Ethel :)

49 months ago

Hi Mimine
Yes you can work as a PCT. Once you become certified you get a certificate for all (3), EKG, Phlebotomy, and certification training as a nurses assistant or technician. Ethel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Hi Mimine
Yes you can work anywhere once you become certified. Hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, hospices etc. The medical staffing agencies always want you to have at least 1 year working experience before you can work with their agencies.
Ethel

49 months ago

Ethel in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Mimine
Yes you can work anywhere once you become certified. Hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, hospices etc. The medical staffing agencies always want you to have at least 1 year working experience before you can work with their agencies.
Ethel

Thanks I will get that certif. and start applying to hospitals and so forth.

GeGe in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

towanah in South Ozone Park, New York said: I am a Certified Patient Care Assistant and Home Health Aide, who is interested in upgrading my profession and cannot afford to pay for school.

I would like to know if you could help me by informing myself of free certified nurses Assistant classes here ny including long island?

thank you
I'll wait patiently for your response

Try and adult learning center ig ot mines for free in brooklyn,but the have locations in manhatten,queens etc.

49 months ago

Hi There GEGe!
There are many adult education centers you can apply to, here is just a few.
Mid-Manhattan adult learning 212 west 120th street New York City, two one two six six six nineteen nineteen or nineteen twenty, they have CNA classes Queens adult learning 42-15 Cresent Street 7th floor seven one eight three six one nine four eight zero. Educational services 90-01 Sutphin boulevard Jamaica, N.Y. seven one eight five five seven two five six seven. Alternative education complex 500 8th avenue & 35th street 7th floor, New York City two one two eight six eight one six five zero. Also there's an adult education center in the Harlem office State Building on 125th & 7th avenue New York City they also have free CNA training classes in which the classes is a two month course. Also there's the Workfoce center on 168th street Jamaica avenue in queens next to marshall's. You have to have 6 months work experience to go there and apply for a grant for free CNA classes. Take a resume with you if you go there. So give these a try and also workforce.

49 months ago

Hi Towonah!
I just recently wrote a message for you giving you some information about some of the adult centers and workforce. Instead I wrote the message for GeGe.
I hope the information will be helpful for you. Ethel

49 months ago

mimi08 in manhattan, New York said: Hi,
I am looking for a CNA+PCT class for free.
I already did my research found a school and they told me to go to workforce one for a voucher (since the class is abt $3500). I am planning to go to the one in brooklyn.
I know the phone number address and what to bring to the orientation session at workforce one.
Since I work it is hard for me to miss days to go their.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about how long it takes from the time I enter the building for orientation until i leave?
And how many times do we usually have to come back before getting the voucher?
(that way i can know how to fix my schedule around it)

Thanks!!!

If you dont have the time to goto workforce one pick up an employment guide on the street corner look for nyim.com their tution for EKG and Phlebolomy is only $550 they got weekend classes and even classes and morning classes. pretty flexible. you can't get cheaper then that. I am currently going to that same school for the same classes

49 months ago

Hi Mimi:
If you go to workforce in Brooklyn, you can call for an appointment. Try to get an appointment for after 5:00 p.m. if you work from 9 to 5, okay. Because on certain days of the week they close at 8:00 p.m. Take your resume with you.

nam in New York, New York

49 months ago

Is there any ged free class near queens,as i am staying near by queens.Please help me to find out so that i can easily go through it successfully.

49 months ago

Hi Nam
Try all the adult education centers in the new york area. Here's one in queens, n y, Educational Services 90-01 Sutphin Blvd Jamaica, N.Y. seven one eight five five seven two five six seven. Also mid-manhattan adult learning center 212 west 120th street new york city two one two six six six one nine one nine or one nine two zero.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Misha in Valley Stream, New York

49 months ago

LetMeTrainYou in Hempstead, New York said: If you don't mind me asking which Access Careers did you go to?

i am looking for a cna training course in long island, ny; nassau county. i am already in school for my ba in nursing so i cant afford to spend alot of $ for this cna course. got alot of schools to try but they're all so expensive. what are the financial aid options your school is offering

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maureen in Copiague, New York

49 months ago

I am in a situation where i have a cna certification but its lapsed. I was told i didnt have to retrain to make my cert. unlapsed that i just had to take the exam again...i was shocked cause i have not worked as a cna in 7 yrs so i felt i needed some kind of training again. Well i took the test over ..i past the written but i stopped the clinical. I was told i can retake the clinical part of the test anytime. I was told there is no refreshing course for people that are in my situation. I basically have to retrain all over. I now live in copiague ny. but i had trained and got my cna certificate in upstate utica.n.y. I am also looking for free training so i can get my certificate all good again i really enjoyed working as a cna and really want to do it again. If anyone has any advice or any info..please let me know,,thank you maureen

RACY7 in New York, New York

49 months ago

katrina in Brooklyn, New York said: Manhattan educational oppurtunity center in harlem has a free CNA program

Yes...I work there. THERE IS A 3-6 MONTH WAITING LIST.

john moore in Bronx, New York

48 months ago

where can i get free nurse training

Aj in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

Just some quick advice. I read through most of the posts and found some to be very useful. My question is that I am interested in applying for a grant for medical assistant/cna training. The thing is that I have no experience in the medical field at all. Is there a chance that I can still get the grant or they only give it to people with prior experience. Kindly advise. I need people who went to the Brooklyn office to share their experience. Thank You.

john moore in Jamaica, New York

48 months ago

Aj in Brooklyn, New York said: Just some quick advice. I read through most of the posts and found some to be very useful. My question is that I am interested in applying for a grant for medical assistant/cna training. The thing is that I have no experience in the medical field at all. Is there a chance that I can still get the grant or they only give it to people with prior experience. Kindly advise. I need people who went to the Brooklyn office to share their experience. Thank You.

I tried to get a grant for the nurse training course but they turned me down because i had no experience also. They will not give you the grant unless you have at least 6 months of experience in that type of field.

48 months ago

Hi Aj:
John Moore is right, Workforce want you to have 6 months medical experience to receive a grant from them. So try some of the adult educational centers. Here's a few, Manhattan Adult Learning 212 West 120th Street New York City two one two six six six one nine one nine,or one nine two zero. Then there's the Adult Education Center at the old girls high on Nostrand Avenue (2) blocks from Fulton Street, in Brooklyn. You can find it on the internet or take the C train and get off at Nostrand Avenue and come out onto the streets and you will see the school. Also try the Adult Educational Center in the State Office Building in Harlem right off 125th Street. It is supposedly a two month course. Try the internet.

48 months ago

Hi John Moore:
Try the Bronx Adult Learning Center 3450 East Tremont Avenue Bronx, New York Room 323, seven one eight eight six eight four zero five seven.

theresa in Malone, New York

48 months ago

NYWildflower in Troy, New York said: Does anyone know where in upstate NY I can take CNA classes that aren't a fortune or even free? Thank you so much for your help and knowledge.

Caregivers.

theresa in Malone, New York

48 months ago

Does anyone know where I can take a Train the Trainer course. I am an RN who has trained CNAs but want the actual course to train the trainer in NY.

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.