Free cna training in New York

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 551)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

theresa in Malone, New York

51 months ago

I am trying to find the course to BE the TEACHER for the CNA class. I am an RN andy ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Far Rockaway, New York

51 months ago

McVeggie in New York, New York said: If you dont have the time to goto workforce one pick up an employment guide on the street corner look for nyim.com their tution for EKG and Phlebolomy is only $550 they got weekend classes and even classes and morning classes. pretty flexible. you can't get cheaper then that. I am currently going to that same school for the same classes

Hi i was just wondering can you please post the school number. Because i am interested in taking those classes and will like to find out some more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LetMeTrainYou in Hempstead, New York

51 months ago

If your interested Access Careers has EKG, Phlebotomy and PCT. the price for EKG is $550 and Phlebotomy is $550. If you register for both it's $1,000. You don't have to pay for everything in one shot. You can put yourself on a payment plan. Our number here is five one six four three three zero zero three four. Our teachers our excellent. Hope to see you soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Our school Aceess Careers, Hempstead. does except WIA and DOL grants. If you are eligible the funding agencies will pay for your education. If you need further details you can call us at our school and I can give you the details. My number is five one six four three three zero zero three four

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

trinimerican85 in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

hello everyone iam a 24year old single mother of 1 and i would like to take CNA classes for free but i cant seem to find any out here in brooklyn can anyone help me please!????

McVeggie in Plainfield, New Jersey

51 months ago

Curious in Far Rockaway, New York said: Hi i was just wondering can you please post the school number. Because i am interested in taking those classes and will like to find out some more information.

seven one eight five six five nine five zero zero.

Ethel in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

Hi Trinimerican:
There is a manhattan adult education center located at 212 west 120th street the phone number is two one two six six six one nine one nine or one nine two zero.
Then there's the adult education center in Brooklyn which is the old Girls High School located on nostrand avenue (2) blocks from fulton street. You take the A or C train and get off at Nostrand Avenue and you will see the school. They have free CNA classes.

51 months ago

Theresa
Some time check Craigslists in your area. At various times they does place Ads looking for teachers to teach certain courses in the medical field.

Danie in Ronkonkoma, New York

51 months ago

Does anybody know of any nursing homes, assisted livings, or hospitals that pay top dollar for cna's preferbly in suffolk county, long island?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Danie
Try Craigslists in your area or near your area.

sicoyiarose in Middletown, New York

51 months ago

I am looking for Cna courses in Orange County NY or close that I could take for free. Please help me anyone who has any information. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Hi S'rose:
Try looking on craigslist in your area or near your area. Play around on the computer for this kind of information within your area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Potsdam, New York

51 months ago

Hi im from potsdam ny and i really wanna go for my cna classes i was wondering if you can help where i would be able to take them becouse i really wanna work at a nurseing home or hospital when im done with my cna classes if i can. if you can get back at me that will be great anyone that will know please and thanks

Sincerly Tiffany

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

theresa in Malone, New York

51 months ago

North country community college is gonna have classes through one work source in the fall in Malone.
CAREGIVERS does Free classes in Malone and Potsdam when they need CNAs.

shelly2627 in Poughkeepsie, New York

51 months ago

sicoyiarose in Middletown, New York said: I am looking for Cna courses in Orange County NY or close that I could take for free. Please help me anyone who has any information. Thank you.

check out this website www.archcare.org, they have on the job cna training , better yet you could call st.teresa nursing and rehabilitation center , they are located in middletown. you can also try ferncliff nursing home in rhinebeck, dutchess county .

k cook in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

towanah in South Ozone Park, New York said: I am a Certified Patient Care Assistant and Home Health Aide, who is interested in upgrading my profession and cannot afford to pay for school.

I would like to know if you could help me by informing myself of free certified nurses Assistant classes here ny including long island?

thank you
I'll wait patiently for your response[/QUOTEI
I am a certified Medical Assistant and i am having trouble finding employment. I have been a Medical Assistant foe over 15 years and i am trying to train in another field that would help me get a job.

McVeggie in Plainfield, New Jersey

51 months ago

tanguera in Woodside, New York said: Hey Sunnyside, did you ever complete a CNA course around Queens? I am based in Woodside, Queens but am willing to travel to Manhattan or Brooklyn to take a CNA course. I just want to know which schools are better, which ones finish quickly (4 or 5 weeks.. or less?) and how much schools cost.

I have read posts on here to stay away from certain schools, but is there anyone who had a really great experience with their CNA course? And do they help you find a job easily?

there is a school call NY institute of medical careers right in woodside on 68 or 69th street. The CNA instructor there is pretty good. and they are the cheapest by far. The school itself is kinda smelly due to the owner of the school. but other then that they have pretty much everything you needed with the best price.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DonnaB91

50 months ago

Lisa in Westhampton Beach, New York said: Check out Brookhaven Memorial Hospital- they offer classes and certification after a 4 week program.

Whom do you speak to at Brookhaven??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Serious Question in Glen Oaks, New York

50 months ago

FYI: The Allen School in Jamaica, Queens is almost $1400 and they don't give you any information over the phone. They don't give unemployment reimbursement or financial aid either.

Question: Are there any colleges that offer CNA classes in Queens/Nassau?

DonnaQ in Centereach, New York

50 months ago

Chrissy M in Patchogue, New York said: I am not looking for a free cna program! I will pay whatever it is I have to..I just can't find any openings in any school! all the BOCES programs are full for the fall!! Does anyone know anywhere else that does the cna training in suffolk? Thaks

Yes! North Shore Career Training Institute in Ronkonkoma. Summer classes start June 28 for the day, and July 12th for the Eves. I would love to do the evenings but I also need a free course - They are even pretty cheap $998 (compared to $1400 of other schools).

50 months ago

Access Careers in Hempstead has 4 upcoming schedules. Afternoons June 21st, Evenings July 5th, Mornings July 12th, Weekends July 24th.

nabila in Revere, Massachusetts

50 months ago

for Bostonians interested in Free CAN training .I went there today for the orientation. Contact JVS Boston, here the adress and the phone: 29 Winter Street, Boston, MA 02108
they are offring orientation evry Wednesday at 11:45 at the 3td floor. the program is going to start July 26th. They do this trainning 4 times a year. And you will pass the exam at the red cross, to get you certification, and again it' s free.

Mesha in Garden City, New York

50 months ago

I live in long island, ny, in nassau county. i checked out access careers n im not gonna pay and cannot afford to pay $1100 for a this course when im already going to school for my nursing degree. im trying to complete the cna program this summer so i can be working while in school. does anyone know of anywhere that's providing free cna training and won't rip me off.

Serious Question in Glen Oaks, New York

50 months ago

Queens Medical Center in flushing is only $699 and you can pay in installments of $150 per week. Another place that's closer to Nassau is in Jamaica, Queens on Hillside Avenue & Parsons Blvd - (www.nymedicaltraining.com) and the cost for CNA classes are $899

50 months ago

Hi:
Try the Workforce Career One offices located in Queens on 168th and Jamaica Avenue or the one in Brooklyn on Bond Street between fulton and livingston street. It's 9 Bond street on the 5th floor. Then there's Adult Educational centers that has free CNA training classes. In manhattan at 212 w. 119th street. one two one two six six six one nine one nine or one nine two zero. Queens 42-15 cresent street 7th floor seven one eight three six one nine four eight zero. Educational services 90-01 sutphin blvd jamaica n.y. seven one eight five five seven two five six seven. But for the Workforce you have to have six month experience of working in the medical field. They will give you a grant to take the free CNA classes. You will learn phlebotomy and ekg.

Myson in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

Miss Adams in East Orange, New Jersey said: HOW CAN I FIND A SCHOOL THAT HAVE FREE CNA CLASSES

The College of Staten Island Offer free cna classes. Just contact them and find out what the requirements are.

Myson in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

The college of staten island offers a free cna programs but you have to call to find out the income require
memts.

xceria20 in Farmingville, New York

49 months ago

hi Guys i am in the second semester in an lpn program and i am trying to get a cna certification while in school for the experience. is there anyway that anyone can tell me how to go about sitting the test without taking the whole cna course?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lennox

49 months ago

I would like to know when an where does the free lpn program start at st catherines of Siena nursing home or hospital. An also are the classes held at the hospital or is there a partnership with Suffolk county community college?

kristie in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

I'm looking for free CNA and PCT classes. Please help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chai in Bayside, New York

49 months ago

Hello,

For those of you who have taken the cna courses are there any night/ evening classes or weekends as well for the clinicals? Or do you have to be available in the day?

Chai in Bayside, New York

49 months ago

Sorry Access Careers was asking for too much, but thank you. Im looking for something free or close to affordable?

49 months ago

You can always go to the Workforce Center in your area and see if your eligible for a grant to go to school. Or you can get free classes at the EOC if you meet their requirements. But all said and done please do understand that all legal CNA classes have to be taught by either LPN's or RN's. These professionals to command a very high salary to teach. Their teaching capacity and salary do go hand in hand. Before you enroll in any school please do ask the admissions rep what the "School's Passing Percentage" is. This is a percentage that the Dept of Health maintains and is very indicative of how well the school and it's teachers are performing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Hi Chai:
Type in the Adult Educational centers or try the adult educational centers for CNA training. Their training is free.
One is located in Manhattan on 119th street between 7th ave and st. nicholas ave.
Also in Brooklyn on Nostrand ave (2) blocks form fulton street. It's the old girls high school, you ride the A train to Nostrand avenue. Then there is workforce centers, you need to have six months work experience in order to apply for the grant for CNA training. The training is (3) months and you learn everything, phlebotomy, ekg, etc.

49 months ago

Xceria:
Call the Nation Health Careers Association, its located in New Jersey.

rochesterneeded in Rochester, New York

49 months ago

Dynasty Hill in Rochester, New York said: I'm a CNA and i got my training in Rochester,NY but i want to move to Hempstead in a few months,can i get a jod as a CNA there?

where did you get your training in rochester>>>

nk511 in Calabasas, California

49 months ago

towanah in South Ozone Park, New York said: I am a Certified Patient Care Assistant and Home Health Aide, who is interested in upgrading my profession and cannot afford to pay for school.

I would like to know if you could help me by informing myself of free certified nurses Assistant classes here ny including long island?

thank you
I'll wait patiently for your response

Hi! All you have to do is contact Department of Health Services.submit all the decuments what you had . If they honored it they will let you take the exams without classes.

valerie0333 in Hempstead, New York

49 months ago

I am currently a college student who already recieves financial aid because i am unemployed and my parents have low income. I am away at college and i am interested in taking a cna course to get certified so that i can find a job. does anyone know any places that i could get trained for free in hempstead even though i already recieve financial aid for college and i am technically not a resident of hempstead because i only am here for college. thanks

melo365 in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

Acess Careers is not a free program they are located in Brooklyn and the cost isc $800 email me 4 d number (youhavereachme@hotmail.com) New York Medical careers is good also

melo365 in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

LetMeTrainYou in Hempstead, New York said: Access Careers in Hempstead has 4 upcoming schedules. Afternoons June 21st, Evenings July 5th, Mornings July 12th, Weekends July 24th.

This school has two locations Brooklyn and Hemstead but its not free

arrealnurse! in Brentwood, New York

48 months ago

futureNurse in Woodhaven, New York said: YOU DON'T WANT THAT #,,JUST GO TO BOCES..A MUCH MORE REPUTABLE SCHOOL.

Access is terrible go to Long Island Education opportunity program in hempstead or brentwood!!! they are the best and you will pass the first time and get a job!! they have a great rep. as they are affiliated with the college and they are FREE!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DonnaQ in Selden, New York

48 months ago

Best reply yet - Thanks!!!

Long shot, but are there any p/t FREE programs around the Brentwood (Suffolk County) area??

48 months ago

thank you
I'll wait patiently for your response

Hi I have no idea how old is it., but anyway if you still asking about CNA Cert.> This Is what I did, I am Filipina, learnt in the Phils as 1 Yr Health Aide course. I worked in Manila, Phils,. , Singapore and Germany for almost 2o yrs.,m Then came to USA and married with American Nationality. I submitted mt Diplom or any Cert that I am CNA Grad & Qualified as Nurse assiatant. Department of Health & Services GRANTED it. I took all my Papers to a Notary Public, worth nothing a good friend of my hubby. few weeks DHS sent me APPROVAL. I just called RED CROSS and Fax the APPROVAL from DHS. Red Cross scheduled me for TEST Skills & Written Test. It was HARD but with hard working and GOD Blessings ! I did passed the exam. Get books in any Red Cross $25, Fee for Test $95 or $90. Now I am just waiting for my Cert. Once you passed the 2 Tests , while the Original Cert is on the way, you can apply for a job ! I hope it will help you. Good luck and God bless all CNA.

Best regards NK511

48 months ago

Hi NK511:
Thanks for the general information that you gave. I never knew you could buy the books from the Red Cross. I always wanted to know where could you buy the books for nursing assistant. I want to take the test to become certified. Hopefully I'll get a job afterwards. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

hi! by the way where did you got your CNA Certification ??? If i am not mistaken you told in forum that you are graduate already??? Did I understand it right? AS I have said you have to contact the Department of Health Services in your place., submit all your documents or any certification what you have. They are going to prove it if its real or whatever. But the most important thing is, you have to ask the DHS if your CERTIFICATION will be accepted and approved by them, ask if you can take CNA written Test & skills test by the RED CROSS, Go to the nearest RED CROSS to your place or CALL THEM FIRST and ask if you can take the CNA CERTIFICATION with them. IF THEY SAID, YES, ask for the CNA REVIEWER BOOK less $30 here in California. It helped me alot because there is some reviewer with questions and answers. , for written and skills test. Its a great book because it, expalined everythings there, all you have to do is to Learn, READ & READ & READ !!! You don't need to memorize all you have to do is to understand what is in the book.
If you take exams, 70 questions maybe 10 are in the book but mostly common sense ! That's why you have to get that book READ & UNDERSTAND.. Take your Time. I'm not even good in english, since I was in Germany I forgot my english. But I graduated in Manila, english is our 2nd language its just a matter of FAITH IN GOD & TRUST YOURSELF and sure you will make it.
Good luck again, NK511

DIna in New York, New York

48 months ago

Check out Access Careers Queens:
www.accessqueens.com

Lena in Flushing, New York

48 months ago

Has anyone attended Access in Queens, NY?? What ar your opinions about the program?

Lena in Flushing, New York

48 months ago

DIna in New York, New York said: Check out Access Careers Queens:
www.accessqueens.com

I'm registering with them on Monday Aug 9th. NY Institute of Medical Careers- in Woodside, Queens next cna (day class) begins on Sept 1st. They've already started this session August 2nd.

Chai

48 months ago

Hey,

Has anyone been to and completed the adult education cna classes in Brooklyn or Manhattan? If so how good are they did you feel they provided enough information and prepared you enough to go on to the next step?

CC in Rocky Point, New York

48 months ago

FREE List of NYS HHA/CNA Training Classes in NY and Long Island.

I recommend contacting the agency closest to you for their scheduled class dates. Good Luck!

www.health.state.ny.us/professionals/home_care/curriculum/docs/home_health_aide_training_program_facilities_list.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.