Free cna training in New York

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 550)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

freecna in BROOKLYN, New York

51 months ago

[QUOTE who="Chai

melo365 in Bronx, New York said: This school has two locations Brooklyn and Hemstead but its not free

Hi ,
Access careers brooklyn & heamstead are two diffrent location and diffrent management,there is no relationship only name is same.i would like to suggest you to please call seven.one.eight-six.four.three-nine.zero.six.zero . it is access careers ,brooklyn office number & clear all your doughts .the REP are very co-oprative .also access careers ,brooklyn has very nice state of art morden technilogy & recently renovated with all facility .
access careers has paid training program in CNA ,EKG,PHLEBOTOMY ,PCT ,and many more.they provide free CPR training with any program which is worth of $80.00.
Access Careers also accept goverment grant /financial aid from WORKFORCE1,VESID,HRA. all fees paid by nyc sate .

for more information please call seven.one.eight-six.four.three-nine.zero.six.zero

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DonnaQ in Selden, New York

51 months ago

Carmelo Casiraro in Wantagh, New York said: If you dont mind me asking, but where did you get your certification as a Patient Care Assistant? I'd appreciate your help. :0)

I would also like to know? Thank you for your help!

Donna

51 months ago

These are programs that help pay for school (I took it off another post I saw ~ Thanks!):

I know what VESID is - already applied through therapy/Dept of Labor, but what are WORKFORCE1 & HRA?

Chai in Floral Park, New York

50 months ago

With the CNA training do they train you on phlebotomy or do you have to learn that on your own.

McVeggie in Rego Park, New York

50 months ago

Ms O in Brooklyn, New York said: i have currently been evicted from my house of 23 years and i have resulted to living with a x boyfriend untill i am able to get on my feet. The situation is a complete disaster, i have no money and i am unable to work because i must avoid his land lord who has insisted repeatedly that he will take him to court for having me reside here against his will. I feel extremely helpless and uncomfortable and I am looking for sum good advice as to where i must begin to get my own independence back. I aim intrested in being a live in nurse but i have no qulifications and no out of family experience, i also dont have the money to pay for any certifications that i might need to get started. If any one knows of any websites or numbers that i can call to recieve some assistance id really appreciate it. I was told that there are programs that will offer housing an sum form of income to those who are i my situation but i dont know where to begin to get that type of information. I am not willing to move into a shelter unless that is my absolute last result, there has to be other options out there. if any one knows of anything that can help someone in my perdicament people inform me. I am willing and open to hear all options
thanks

become a live-in home health aid just as long as you have legal document to work in USA. there are many agency offer free training the only problem is that the training takes a month. but after the month is up. you get cases right away. especially if you are interesting in live in cases. Edison on Hillside Ave. in Jamaica pay very well. and then next to queens center mall on 91 31 Queens blvd that building has 3 agency in there. just go there to check it out. find out the phone number yourself on the web.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Chai in Bayside, New York said: Hello,

For those of you who have taken the cna courses are there any night/ evening classes or weekends as well for the clinicals? Or do you have to be available in the day?

Yes there is evening classes and weekends classes. as far as the clinical goes i think its a set schedules for your classes its usually during the day. hope this help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

freecna in BROOKLYN, New York said: Hi ,
Access careers brooklyn & heamstead are two diffrent location and diffrent management,there is no relationship only name is same.i would like to suggest you to please call seven.one.eight-six.four.three-nine.zero.six.zero . it is access careers ,brooklyn office number & clear all your doughts .the REP are very co-oprative .also access careers ,brooklyn has very nice state of art morden technilogy & recently renovated with all facility .
access careers has paid training program in CNA ,EKG,PHLEBOTOMY ,PCT ,and many more.they provide free CPR training with any program which is worth of $80.00.
Access Careers also accept goverment grant /financial aid from WORKFORCE1,VESID,HRA. all fees paid by nyc sate .

for more information please call seven.one.eight-six.four.three-nine.zero.six.zero

lol i went to access career in brooklyn office... some how i got a totally different treatments from the staff there from what you got! the indian lady that was there did not mention any vesid voucher nor worksforce1 voucher to me I have to ask her about it. all she wanted me to do is sign up the classes and put down payment down for the classes. if i have 900 dallor to waste i wouldnt have to go there lady! my husband and his friend went with me there and all the lady kept doing was looking outside the window looking what my husband and his friend are doing. instead of paying full attention to me.

50 months ago

mimine18 in Long Island, New York said: Hi guys, does anyone know how someone who has a CNA license, working in a hospital can get free EKG/Phlebotomy in ny (Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Brooklyn..)

Rephrased: I have the CNA license but would like to be more of a PCT with the EKG and Phleb. But i heard it's expensive and have also called some places. So i was wondering if there are free classes. Is it worth paying the money? or would a CNA be able to get training in those areas??

thanks

ask where you work to pay for your further education? if you have a CNA liscense and is working in nursing home or hospital. Ask your superivsor or personnel department on room to advance yourself reinbrustment programs.

50 months ago

nam in New York, New York said: Is there any ged free class near queens,as i am staying near by queens.Please help me to find out so that i can easily go through it successfully.

GED Program... high school diploma? you can get them free at any public high school i believe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

theresa in Malone, New York said: I am trying to find the course to BE the TEACHER for the CNA class. I am an RN andy ideas?

goto one of those CNA training school and ask the RN that's teaching it? i would think. hehe sorry no other better offers.

50 months ago

Curious in Far Rockaway, New York said: Hi i was just wondering can you please post the school number. Because i am interested in taking those classes and will like to find out some more information.

www.nyimc.com/

that's there website

50 months ago

Chai in Floral Park, New York said: With the CNA training do they train you on phlebotomy or do you have to learn that on your own.

You have to goto school for phlebotomy. it's a must! CNA don't draw blood. CNA can not draw blood.

50 months ago

von brooklyn in Brooklyn, New York said: Thanks but can some one please tell me what documents must I bring with me to workforce 1 in brooklyn to start the CNA class? and do they accept copies of documents if any?

your resume that's the only thing they need! 6 month work experiences in the related field you want the money in.

50 months ago

Ethel in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Mary:
A PCA and a CNA is pretty much basically the same profession. It all depends on what some people want to take up or do. To be a Home Attendant is going backwards, because a PCA, Medical Assistant, and a CNA in most cases depending on where you got your training from know phlebotomy. I'm going for a license practical nurse. Also I read your comment about me giving the information for free training to become a CNA and they wanted phone numbers and everything. Enjoy your holidays!

I think you have mix up PCA with PCT a PCA is personal care aid. a PCA can only assist with daily activities such as housekeeping, laundry, cooking, shopping/errand for the patient. PCA can not change simple dressing, no vital sign, can not do anything that has to do in related to medically. a PCT is patient care tech. Patient care tech can draw blood, can put the ekg rods on patient, can check the vital sign. There is a big difference in pay as well! so if you already have a Medical assistant certification which require 6 month mininum training vs 2 to 3 weeks training for PCA yes i think it is going backward. if you started out as a HHA/PCA move to CNA/PCT that's moving upward. Even though the HHA and CNA has pretty much the same job responsibilities. the difference would be pay vacation pay sick days and 401K all sort of benefits. Most of the HHA member doesn't belong to union as where most of the CNA belong to union.

50 months ago

Patty in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: I am a cna here in ct, but I am planing on moving to Jamaica Queens and I would like to know if you offer the cna training in spanish or english and I would like to know the dates and time of when the programs starts and also if it is free and if not where can I take it for free.

Thank you very much,
Patty

Why would you want to waste your time in RE taking the classes again? all you have to do is transfer your certification from CT to NY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

John Brooklyn said: I tryed work force the place was very crowded, lot of young kids. They have a lot of requirements, and I did not feel like going back many times as if I was asking for welfare. Looked at four schools I found on google, Access Career in Brooklyn (the staff seemed lost), Allen School (tryed to talk me into an expensive Medical Assistant course), Manhattan Insitute (Nice school, let me sit on the class before I enrolled), Medical Training Center in Queens (Nice school, but long trip for me)

I went with the Manhattan Institute. I had two teachers, one for the class and another one for practice in the nursing home. The classroom teacher was great, she always stayed after class for questions, also gave us her cell number and had no problem with me calling her. Class was not free, but you can pay each week, and use a credit card. All the students in my class were nice, no ghetto, trash, or rowdy young kids. I became friends with a bunch of students and we stayed after class until the night class began practing nursing skill on each other.

I found a job a week later from Tower Agency, so the money I would of saved by getting the class for free, I made back by not having to wait for training.

My advice is to find a school near your house and pay for it. The class is not that much money, and you will save time.

cool deal! I am working in a nursing home now too through an agency as well. I may hop out of agency soon too for higher pay.

miss confuse in Woodside, New York

50 months ago

Im afraid to take the state exam because the skills is a little taft.But due to my observaton when I work before in Nursing Home they dont really practice the accurate skills.As long as the patient is really taking care off and safe.I found that mostly those who get the high paying jobs are those who never been certified and never gets formal schooling as CNA.Some of them are even illegal.

50 months ago

ok so im registering for CNA classes, but just to be prepared what should be my next step should i take phlebotomy /ekg courses or do pct training or just try and go straight to LPN. Just want to have an idea and know the best route to take.

jack in Paramus, New Jersey

50 months ago

HI
i like to request you to please go for EKG /Phlebotomy classes & take PCt exam from NHA ,which will help you to get beter job .

max in Paramus, New Jersey

50 months ago

McVeggie in Rego Park, New York said: lol i went to access career in brooklyn office... some how i got a totally different treatments from the staff there from what you got! the indian lady that was there did not mention any vesid voucher nor worksforce1 voucher to me I have to ask her about it. all she wanted me to do is sign up the classes and put down payment down for the classes. if i have 900 dallor to waste i wouldnt have to go there lady! my husband and his friend went with me there and all the lady kept doing was looking outside the window looking what my husband and his friend are doing. instead of paying full attention to me.

might be there is misunderstanding ,because when someone come for inquiery access careers staff should give them for cash paying program not for workforce 1,it takes around 2 months to get approved from workforce & if some one can pay by them self they can get job earlier.

McVeggie in Forest Hills, New York

50 months ago

Chai in Floral Park, New York said: ok so im registering for CNA classes, but just to be prepared what should be my next step should i take phlebotomy /ekg courses or do pct training or just try and go straight to LPN. Just want to have an idea and know the best route to take.

if you have CNA and phelbotomy and EKG classes that's equivalent to PCT. Technically you don't need to spend the extra money for PCT classes. if you already have experiences working in doctor's office like doing vital sign and charting... I would recommand you take PCT classes only. But if you don't have any prior experience like me. I choose to take the CNA classes and phlebotomy and EKG classes. I have home health aid experiences which is very similar to CNA but when i went to apply for job in CNA they still consider me no experiences. Therefore, I am working one shift in nursing home now... and going to use the rest of the time to volunteer my time in hospital or clinic to gain the phlebotomy and EKG experiences then I will apply for PCT job. after i land myself a PCT job i plan to continue my education in BSN.

McVeggie in Forest Hills, New York

50 months ago

miss confuse in Woodside, New York said: Im afraid to take the state exam because the skills is a little taft.But due to my observaton when I work before in Nursing Home they dont really practice the accurate skills.As long as the patient is really taking care off and safe.I found that mostly those who get the high paying jobs are those who never been certified and never gets formal schooling as CNA.Some of them are even illegal.

Just because someone doesn't follow the scope of practice doesn't mean you don't have to follow it either. As far as illegal alien working in nursig home? some how i found that hard to believe. unless the nursing home is paying cash to its staff which i doubt, as far as training from former schooling goes I know you can work without a proper certification but only for certain amount of times. Nowadays, when you get hire they make sure you have your CNA certification and background check first before they actually hire you. Following the scope of practice isn't mainly protecting the patient. it's protecting yourself too. The rules and regulation are set to protect you and the patients so its up to you to follow them through. if something happen to the resident while under your care the resident still gets to stay in the nursing home.. you are the one who is going to get fire and/or suspended. So is always a good idea to follow the scope of practic and rules and policy of the place where u are working at.

50 months ago

thank you everyone i will look into ekg/ pheblotomy classes.

DonnaQ in Middle Island, New York

50 months ago

What is a BSN??

McVeggie in Plainfield, New Jersey

50 months ago

DonnaQ in Middle Island, New York said: What is a BSN??

Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)

jess in Long Beach, New York

50 months ago

DRC2016 in Wantagh, New York said: I PAID $800 PLUS $100 IN BOOK AND UNIFORM FOR THE CNA PROGRAM. IT IS CONVENIENT, ITS JUST THE CLASS, YOU DONT REALLY LEARN, WITH YOU NEED TO TEACH YOURSELF, YOU LEARN BUT YOU NEED TO KIND OF TEACH YOURSELF AT ACCESS CAREERS, I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE SKILLS PART OF THE BOARD EXAM BUT THE WRITTEN PART I GOT DOWN PACK, JUST THE SKILLS I GOTTA WORK ON. ACCESS CAREERS IS CONVENIENT IF YOU LIVE IN THE LONG ISLAND AREA OTHER THAN THAT, ITS JUST ANOTHER SCHOOL TO GET A QUICK TRAINING CERTIFICATION SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR BOARD AND EXTERNSHIP. I WOULDNT RECOMMEND GOING THERE TO LEARN HANDS ON TRAINING BECAUSE I DIDNT LEARN THAT WELL, I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY I HAVE TO TEACH MYSELF. IF YOU CAN LEARN ON YOUR OWN THEN YOU SHOULD GO, BECAUSE THE SKILLS TRAINING ISNT CLEAR.

maybe you just not that smart

50 months ago

jess in Long Beach, New York said: maybe you just not that smart

LOL

Kim in Sayville, New York

50 months ago

***Hello... I'm interested in finding free or cheap CNA courses in SUFFOLK COUNTY LI. I Know Stony Brook has one relatively inexpensive for around $500, but you're required to work for them for 1-2 years... does anyone know which local schools (near Sayville NY)offer this course and what the average price range is? I've tried local nursing homes, but their next CNA training courses don't start until January 2011. UGH!!! Thanks in advance.***

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

St Catherine's in Smithtown is starting a new free CNA course.

I was just approved through VESID though for the next class (in Feb - Sept classes were already full!) at Easten Suffolk Boces. So Excited! Wish I didn't have to wait so long but I know Boces are very good schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gail in Rochester, New York

50 months ago

Dynasty Hill in Rochester, New York said: I'm a CNA and i got my training in Rochester,NY but i want to move to Hempstead in a few months,can i get a jod as a CNA there?

Hello Dynasty,
Please tell me where did you get your training?

Thnaks,
Gail

Joe shmo in Middle Island, New York

50 months ago

If i was you guys I would look into Hunter buisness school in medford..
financial aid avialable

sturdevantvinia@yahoo.com in Schenectady, New York

50 months ago

thanks for the advice but i live in schenectady,New York and i cant travel but if you have any info about sch'dy please let me know

lisa in Jamaica, New York

49 months ago

towanah in South Ozone Park, New York said: I am a Certified Patient Care Assistant and Home Health Aide, who is interested in upgrading my profession and cannot afford to pay for school.

I would like to know if you could help me by informing myself of free certified nurses Assistant classes here ny including long island?

thank you
I'll wait patiently for your response

highbridge life center in th bronx offers a free cna program,

Kartrina

49 months ago

Go to any workforce 1. There's one in every borough

you can get a voucher which is a grant to take any

Training leading to a job. You can go to a school that gives CNA with EKG and Phlebotomy

Dina Cukier in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

If you have experience as HHA, you can apply for grant (voucher) with any Workforce 1--they are in all boroughs.
One school you might consider is
Access Careers
Kew Gardens, Queens

john in Miami, Florida

49 months ago

I would like know the process that i have to do for transfer my license of CNA from florida to New York AND New Jersey...or its the same license good for both of places...please letme know
comosoycubano@gmail.com

Alexandria in Garden City, New York

49 months ago

You can go to Veeb in Uniondale, NY. Class starts every September and is very intense. The cost is 13,000 (round up). You have to pay 200 to register and take an entrance exam. The entrance exam is basic math and english. This is for LPN.

sabine in Newark, New Jersey said: i'am just finish to take a CNA class i would like to know where the offer free RN OR LPN class in new york. lso where the hiring CNA thank you reply.

tonidoolittle@aol.com in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

towanah in South Ozone Park, New York said: I am a Certified Patient Care Assistant and Home Health Aide, who is interested in upgrading my profession and cannot afford to pay for school.

I would like to know if you could help me by informing myself of free certified nurses Assistant classes here ny including long island?

thank you

u know u can work in the hospital and make 22 dollars as a patient tech thats better than cna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dls709 in Ridge, New York

49 months ago

Is that the actual title patient tech?

Gina in Shelbyville, Tennessee

49 months ago

thank you

Regular Training Classes Available
CNA Training Class

Are you looking for a rewarding and satisfying job? Do you like to help people and enjoy that feeling you get when you have done something good for someone? Have you wanted to become a professional in the Nursing field? We may be able to help.

Ten Broeck Commons, a 258-bed skilled nursing facility is presently hiring for a CNA Training Class. We will pay for the training and pay you while attending school as well as offer you a sign-on bonus once you become Certified.

We also offer a competitive salary and benefit package including health insurance, 401(k) plan with a 50% company match, tuition reinbursement for job advancement as well as 100% paid dental for our full-time staff and so much more.

Company Name: Ten Broeck Commons
Available: Immediately. Full Time. Part Time.
Posted: 9/3/10

Create a resume or choose one from your account.
Ten Broeck Commons will receive your application.

Explore all opportunities at Ten Broeck Commons

Visit: www.tenbroeckcommons.com
to learn more about Ten Broeck Commons

Regular Training Classes Available
CNA Training Class

Are you looking for a rewarding and satisfying job? Do you like to help people and enjoy that feeling you get when you have done something good for someone? Have you wanted to become a professional in the Nursing field? We may be able to help.

Ten Broeck Commons, a 258-bed skilled nursing facility is presently hiring for a CNA Training Class. We will pay for the training and pay you while

Dina Cukier in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

We have a school, Access Careers, in Kew Gardens Queens.
You will probably be qualified to receive a Workforce voucher to study C.N.A, EKG and Phlebotomy and also get free job placement assistance.
Please email me at dinas@accesscareers.net and we'll make an appointment to meet.
Dina

49 months ago

tonidoolittle@aol.com in Bronx, New York said: u know u can work in the hospital and make 22 dollars as a patient tech thats better than cna

Yeah, I know but in order to work in the hospital they want you to have minimal of 2 yrs experiences.

49 months ago

rosemary alufa said: hi my name is rosemary alufa i live in brooklyn pls how can fine a school that offer free cna classes.

Do you read through the fourm??????????????????????????????? There are many post for free CNA classes through workforce1 voucher?!?!?! why are you clogging up the space? ignorance people!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pricandyme184 in Albany, New York

49 months ago

hi karen my name is cristina and i was wondering where i can find a school where there got free cna classes in troy ny please let me knows

akashi in Staten Island, New York

48 months ago

I need a free cna course. In staten island zip code 10314. If you find any you e-mail me.

joy in Rensselaer, New York

48 months ago

check eoc in troy, ny

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amber Walker in Rochester, New York

48 months ago

Hi im looking for a free CNA training course in the rochester ny area. ive been searching for a while but cant seem to come across anything.

Marion in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

thank you

Yes you can go to your local work force one center and get a Voucher and it will pay for your traing in a school in New York call 311 for the nearest one near you in the five booughs.

dreamer12 in Bellport, New York

48 months ago

Has anyone attended the Stony Brook Veteran's Home CNA Program? If so,
do they hire you and how much do you start with?

ogundipeik@yahoo.com in East Meadow, New York

48 months ago

karenearthangel@gmail.com in Uniondale, New York said: Are ther any Hospital in Hempstead, Mineola or Uniondale that offer cna programs than hire after training?

Did you ever find anywhere doing the CNA classes for free? I will appreciate your response. Thanks in anticipation.

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.