Free nursing assistant classes

Comments (1 to 50 of 55)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Melissa in Akron, Ohio

91 months ago

I have been looking everywhere for information on free nursing assistant classes, but apparently, unless you are on welfare, you won't find anywhere that is free. I am in Ohio and Ohio also does not recognize the term certified nursing assistant. It is nursing assistant until you take the state test then you are a state tested nursing assistant.(S.T.N.A.)

kaisha murphy in New York, New York

91 months ago

live brooklyn

Bonnie in West Bloomfield, Michigan

90 months ago

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE IN MICHIGAN KNOWS OF WHERE I CAN GET FREE NURSING ASSISTANT CLASSES IN THE METRO AREA. ANYTHING WILL HELP. THANKS A BUNCH!

Shan in Dayton, Ohio

90 months ago

You think it's easy being on welfare. Let me tell you I used to be on it and I never got classes or anything for free hun. I had to bust my butt for a little amount of money. So get off your high horse.

Bonnie D. in Farmington, Michigan

90 months ago

Shan in Dayton, Ohio said: You think it's easy being on welfare. Let me tell you I used to be on it and I never got classes or anything for free hun. I had to bust my butt for a little amount of money. So get off your high horse.

I think you got me confused with the "Melissa in Akron" comment, because I'm definately not on a high horse. And never said anything "welfare was easy" Thats not what I'm about.
There are free classes that are given for a CNA, but need to find them.

Bonnie D. in Farmington, Michigan

90 months ago

I think you got me confused with the "Melissa from Akron" comment, because I never said a thing about "welfare being easy", nor would I ever. Thats not what I'am about. There are free CNA classes that are given, but one just needs the right networking to find them.

erika in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

Can Someone tell me if there is free nursing classes in Orange county California???

TATIA TATIA in DELRAY BEACH, Florida

85 months ago

Can YOU HELP ME FIND A FREE CNA CLASS IN MY AREA PLEASE. DELRAY BEACH FLORIDA, IT CAN BE NEAR DELRAY . PLEASE CONTACT ME BECAUSE I JUST MOVE HERE THANK YOU

sophia cole in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

need help finding a free cna class

Ashley bradshaw in Indianapolis, Indiana

84 months ago

can you please help me find free C.N.A. classes in my area?

fred in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

Ameyo Afangbedji in Gaithersburg, Maryland said: Dear Sir,

I Move from Houston to Gaithersburg,MD so I have to take just the test to transfer my cna license Please help me.[/QUOTE

email me for assistance

Shelia in Evansville, Indiana

84 months ago

Melissa in Akron, Ohio said: I have been looking everywhere for information on free nursing assistant classes, but apparently, unless you are on welfare, you won't find anywhere that is free. I am in Ohio and Ohio also does not recognize the term certified nursing assistant. It is nursing assistant until you take the state test then you are a state tested nursing assistant.(S.T.N.A.)

Hello, I was wondering if you found a free CNA class. I live in Columbus Ohio and would love to get state tested. Any help would be greatly helpful. Thank; you for your time.

kim

84 months ago

Melissa in Akron, Ohio said: I have been looking everywhere for information on free nursing assistant classes, but apparently, unless you are on welfare, you won't find anywhere that is free. I am in Ohio and Ohio also does not recognize the term certified nursing assistant. It is nursing assistant until you take the state test then you are a state tested nursing assistant.(S.T.N.A.)

WV is one of the few who use the term CNA Im having the same problem as you are

Sharon in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

Unfortunately I am on welfare, and I am having a very difficult time trying to find any certified nursing schools here in Houston, TX is there anyone willing to help me find some schools.

Dianna R in Texas

83 months ago

Sharon in Houston, Texas said: Unfortunately I am on welfare, and I am having a very difficult time trying to find any certified nursing schools here in Houston, TX is there anyone willing to help me find some schools.

Hi, Sharon did you have any luck? I have been looking myself. I live in Crosby, Tx
I called San Jacinto College...that was a great help. I myself do not have any money for school. But, I talk to a lady today at the college and she told me of a way I could go and mailed out some paperwork to me today. There is assistance for poor people like me and you. LOL I have three kids (boys)and lost my job in April. I was set up to go to school to study the ST program, however, no daycare or money... I understand how you feel. I was just wondering if you had any luck. Call 281-458-4050 ask for info about the CNA program. That's what I did and the lady let me know about the on campus daycare and that they will work with me. I am going to give it a shot. I hope everything works out for you. GOOD LUCK AND GOD Bless You. Dianna

akyra in Riverside, New Jersey

83 months ago

Sharon in Houston, Texas said: Unfortunately I am on welfare, and I am having a very difficult time trying to find any certified nursing schools here in Houston, TX is there anyone willing to help me find some schools.

You can search this website for a free CNA class in Texas:
www.texas-nursing-schools.com
They have a bunch of CNA programs listed, with phone numbers and addresses. I'm not sure which ones are free but I think you will get reimbursement from your employer once you get a job. Good luck!

Jennifer in Chantilly, Virginia

83 months ago

Other than paying for a class, some nursing homes offer training and Payment for the test as long as you agree to work there for an amount of time. Im from AZ and St. Josephs Nursing home in Phoenix offered me 9 an hour with uniform and training 3 days out of the work week, as long as i commited a years work. couldnt continue because of family problems but thats one place you all should look in your area!!!!!!

will heslip in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

713 784-7200 st patrick health service 713-272-6820 is another number and 713-932-9333

A Sr F/A in CMH in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

Delaware Technical and Community College in Dover,DE has a scholarship for a select few recipients. I was one of the few. It is for a 120 hour CNA course, VERY strict but 100% passing rate! I am just taking a break to travel as a flight attendant for two years, but I plan to return as a CNA in January 2009 hopefully with OSU medical center. You sign a contract with the university stating that you will get full time cna employment within 30 days of graduation and remain so for I think 6 months...could be 12 months, can't recall. Break the contract and you have to reimburse them. They pay for EVERYTHING though...books, uniform, tuition, random fee's. You do clinicals in a nursing home and a hospital setting and don't you dare get caught with nothing to do during clinicals!!! The hospital would be Kent General Hospital (where I used to work, great hospital!) and the nursing home varies. Upon completion you have this great graduation ceremony and the class speaker (which was me) makes a speech, certificates are handed out and so are various awards (highest GPA, Diva of the class, etc) LOL! It is a great school and you will love every minute of it! I am thinking of taking a refresher course at Columbus State Community College right before I apply to OSU medical center, just to brush up my knowledge since I have been out of the industry for a lil bit, even though I am already certified and current on everything.

Denise in Wallace, Michigan

81 months ago

Hello, my name is Denise, and my daughter took a class to be a CNA in our twin city Marinette Wisconsin,and she lived in Menominee Michigan at the time.The nursing home that was hiring, paid for it in full. So check with your local nrsing homes to see if any of them are offering that same program. Good luck to all Denise

Kimberli Muzeau in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

I have a couple of questions:

What is the difference between a CNA or a STNA?

Does anyone out there know of any nursing or long term care facilities here in Columbus, Ohio that offer these courses?

Kimberli Muzeau in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

I have a question for the lady who got into a scholarship in DE..Do you know of any scholarship opportunities here in Columbus, Ohio? Or would you have any information on how to get into the PCA training program at OSU Medical Center?

Shelia in Evansville, Indiana

81 months ago

Hello, In response of your questions a CNA is a certified nursing assistant and a STNA is a state tested nursing assistant I havent been able to find any free classes or nursing homes offering this. If anyone does I would love to know myself. I was a cna in Indiana but here in ohio you have to be a STNA Same darn thing really..lol.Hey if you have any luck finding anything let me know. There are places you can go but is anywhere from 400 to 800 dollars. Columbus State has it but even more money I think. Good luck in your search. Please let us know if you find one. God Bless..and if you would like to chat let me know...Would love to meet some new friends here in Columbus...bye

Valerie E in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

Kimberli, your best chance is look at www.medicalcenter.osu.edu They have job postings on there for many positions within OSU medical center West. Hope this helped

Mari in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

I just graduated as an AN now I need to pass my certification. The classes were very expensive. I wish would it I known were I could it take it for free. I’m a single parent and had to pay all that money wasn’t easy. I have to take my certification exam the 25th of November, wish me luck! Any how, I like to know if any one of you know were I can take Telemetry classes, or training for free in Phoenix, Az. I will appreciate the info.

Mari in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

Hi I'm Mari, I just graduated as an AN now I need to pass my certification. The classes were very expensive. I wish would it I known were I could it take it for free. I'm a single parent and had to pay all that money wasn't easy. I have to take my certification exam the 25th of November, wish me luck! Any how, I like to know if any one of you know were I can take Telemetry classes, or training for free in Phoenix, Az. I will appreciate the info.

stace in Long Beach, California

81 months ago

I am looking for a cna class in the evening near Long Beach. Any ideas?

tameka in Nacogdoches, Texas

80 months ago

Lenah in Houston, Texas said: I am looking for a class or organization that offers free cna classess and test

willowbrook in nacogdoches offer free classes call willowbrook nursing home ask for audra richardson.

nik in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

i am now in cna classes in Pgh Pa at Vincentain collaborative Services. their e-mail is rmaruschockAvcsregency.org if you want to learn more about them, my question is can i take my certification to Columbus,Ohio and be hire as a stna? by the way they pay you for your classes and once you are certfied you get payed more money, the program is great,they even count your birthday as a pay holyday.

Helen L.Kee in Tuba City, Arizona

80 months ago

To whom it may concern,
My name is Helen L. Kee I live in Shonto. I'm interest in this free class with cna. I heard about it before. I'm working at Shonto Preparatory School and part time job at Page with Helping Hands Agency with disabilities. Please let me when their's another class on CNA being offered.

Thank you,
Helen L. Kee

want to be CNA in the Az in Chandler, Arizona

80 months ago

Does anyone know any cheap or free programs in Arizona area...

Simon Perl in Springfield, Illinois

80 months ago

Mary in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

University of Pittsburgh Medical Center -
Seneca Place - Verona, Pa. (a Suburb of Pittsbirgh, Pa.

call and ask for the prerecorded information on CNA Training - as a start.

THey also have training in Cranberry, Pa. North of Pittsburgh.

They recruit CNA's for their training program
They pay your salary through out the training

They always need CNA's and pay while you train.

I would look for programs like this offered by large Medical Centers.
If UPMC does it ... I am sure others do.

They have job fairs every so often and use those as recruiting opportunities. I saw one advertised in the paper and went.
I wanted a clerical/admin position - they kept trying t recruit me into CNA - I didn't want it. Two years ago ... they paid $10.00 an hour whil in traing - fulltime for 6 weeks. And guaranteed job upon completion.

felicia in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Lenah in Houston, Texas said: I am looking for a class or organization that offers free cna classess and test

hi did u ever find a free class, because i'm looking for one also. any help? thks

Keontey B in Blacklick, Ohio

79 months ago

This place works with a program called WIA(workforce investment act) and most all health care fields are covered its called Ohio Job Leaders, 1111 E Broad St, 614.559.5052. When you go to sign up you need to bring a resume.

motisha in Long Beach, California

79 months ago

Shan in Dayton, Ohio said: You think it's easy being on welfare. Let me tell you I used to be on it and I never got classes or anything for free hun. I had to bust my butt for a little amount of money. So get off your high horse.

Another BLACK person with a chip on their shoulder.

felicia in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

to Motisha just so you know, i'm not on welfare nor am i on that lil high horse you call it! just looking for a class to better my career while i'm working full time. so if your not on here to give any leads to anyone why bother with negative comments have a great day :-)

Michael in Sandusky, Ohio

77 months ago

I will be completing my recertification as an STNA in Ohio around March. I was wondering if Texas will recognize my license or will I need to retake it there. My son and I are moving to Houston, TX. I have family in Sugarland.I never realized the healthcare opportunities are so great there!

jodi in River Rouge, Michigan

77 months ago

Bonnie in West Bloomfield, Michigan said: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE IN MICHIGAN KNOWS OF WHERE I CAN GET FREE NURSING ASSISTANT CLASSES IN THE METRO AREA. ANYTHING WILL HELP. THANKS A BUNCH!

everest institute in michigan offer classes with a free 4,000 government loan , and then sally mae gives you payment sof 70 bucks with bad credit or the hole loan with good credit, and you dont half to pay it back untill they job place you.

jodi in River Rouge, Michigan

77 months ago

Michigan Works is for anyone without WORK, they now have a program called ...no man left behind, if you know what you want to go to school for then they give you 10,000 free money for education, and you sont need to be on welfare!!!

Bonnie in Southfield, Michigan

77 months ago

Thankyou for helping me, its much appreciated! Have a great day!
Bonnie D.

gail in nj

77 months ago

i am a welfare recipient and is living in rahway nj , i am looking for information about classes approved by welfare, anything in the health field , especially C.N.A. and L.P.N , you can reply to me on my email at antiguanprincess22@yahoo.com. I would very much appreciate it

delores in Columbus, Ohio

77 months ago

Bonnie in West Bloomfield, Michigan said: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE IN MICHIGAN KNOWS OF WHERE I CAN GET FREE NURSING ASSISTANT CLASSES IN THE METRO AREA. ANYTHING WILL HELP. THANKS A BUNCH!

You can get on line with your unemployment.gov there are classes you can take. At your unemployment office. Try calling. Good luck!

shay0653@yahoo.com

76 months ago

I'm trying to find free cna ors.t.n.a classes in south carolina is there anyone on here who can help me

cynthia in Carney, Michigan

73 months ago

Denise in Wallace, Michigan said: Hello, my name is Denise, and my daughter took a class to be a CNA in our twin city Marinette Wisconsin,and she lived in Menominee Michigan at the time.The nursing home that was hiring, paid for it in full. So check with your local nrsing homes to see if any of them are offering that same program. Good luck to all Denise
Could you tell me which nursing home that was?and if they still doing that? thanks

duncanfamily1015@yahoo.com in Hammond, Indiana

73 months ago

looking for free classes in hammond or surrounding area,

monitawilliams@ymail.com in Southfield, Michigan

71 months ago

If i wanted to change to school in middle of the semter can that happen. Can my credit change or to another school.

D M Rogers in Lake City, South Carolina

69 months ago

I was told about a nursing class at Mcleod in Florence SC, I would like to join the class but am having no luck with even finding the program name, if any one has any idea of what I am speaking, or if you know of any free nursing programs anywhere around please share the knowlege and help me out.

User in Carlsbad, California

68 months ago

rob in Vermilion, Ohio

68 months ago

I was wondering if there were any nursing homes around elyria ohio that will train u to become an stna as long as u agree to work for them for a certain amount of time? If any one knows it would help out alot.THANKS.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.