PASSED STATE TEST FIRST TIME

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

kathjohn in Asheville, North Carolina

59 months ago

In North Carolina, the skills test we do is Modified Partial Bed bath, which includes:Face and one arm, hand and underarm. So 2 is the maximum wash clothes needed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Go to www.prometric.com/NurseAide they explain all Florida Skills and what is needed. Each state has its own requirements.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bridges in Lehigh Acres, Florida

59 months ago

TAMMY said: NOT IN FLORIDA. THEY REQUIRE ONE FOR THE FACE, ONE TO WASH ARM, ONE TO RINSE, ONE TO WASH OTHER ARM, ONE TO RINSE, ONE TO WASH CHEST, ONE TO RINSE, ONE TO WASH BACK ONE TO RINSE. SHEESH. THEN YOU GO TO ANOTHER PLACE TO TEST AND THEY TELL YOU DIFFE..ANYONE IN FL WITH EXP., IN HOW MANY FREAKING TOWELS.

did you test yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bridges in Cape Coral, Florida

59 months ago

im in florida and i have the video and we are suposed to used 2 towels only ill be testing next week

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

kathjohn in Asheville, North Carolina said: That's great! Were you just renewing your license or taking it for the first time? I am getting ready to renew soon after being out of the CNA field for 4 years. The written does not worry me, just the skills, even though you do them for years, its harder when your under close examination.

I passed my renewal yesterday! SO HAPPY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rocknrobin1 in Prescott, Arizona

57 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

TAMMY BRASHING in SARASOTA, Florida said: Took cna test and did not pass becasue they said i used too mnay wash cloths on the partial bed bath. gee. i used one for the face with no soap. One to soap arm and another to rinse, one to soap other arm and rinse, one to soap chest and one to rinse, one to soap back and one to rinse. nurse said to only use 6. six? can any one explain that. i tested in north port florida.they failed me for useing too many and being too clean? wow

on a partiual bed bath you only used 2 towels

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

patrice74 in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

Hi i just moved to Atlanta from Florida. I was wondering would it be hard to switch my Fl license to Ga. I passed both exams 3 weeks ago and was told that it's takes about a month to recieve it. I have a copy of my results and my certificate from the school i got training from. Would anyone hire me with just that for now? Thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

57 months ago

Chris in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I have a question for you. Do all CNA's have to clean up human waste. I am thinking about becoming a CNA but don't think I could do part of that job description. Thanks in advance. Chris

Oh yeah. you are going to do it. Day in and day out, if you work in Long term care, dementia units, personal care units, transitional care units,assisted living units, hospitals, MRDD homes (mental retardation) possibilly once in a while in a Doctors office. There is no way around it. You are there to provide care. If you don't think you can handle fecal mater, blood, or vomit, this is not the field for you. Now there are times when you can ask others to do the work for you if you have a good working relationship with them. But not with poop, there is just too much too often.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

57 months ago

TAMMY BRASHING in SARASOTA, Florida said: Took cna test and did not pass becasue they said i used too mnay wash cloths on the partial bed bath. gee. i used one for the face with no soap. One to soap arm and another to rinse, one to soap other arm and rinse, one to soap chest and one to rinse, one to soap back and one to rinse. nurse said to only use 6. six? can any one explain that. i tested in north port florida.they failed me for useing too many and being too clean? wow

Are you serious...you really think that you will have that many wash cloths to bathe one patient. You won't get six to a patient!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

felicia oden in Clayton, North Carolina

57 months ago

caringcarrie in Mount Pleasant, Michigan said: Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know I passed my state test the first time!!!
It was alot easier than I thought it would be and I am so happy to have it done, good luck everyone

i am so happy for you. i am just starting my clinicals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

glennken in Thomasville, North Carolina

56 months ago

pls help how take examination of cna here in north carolina. im just move out here last week.. im certified nursing assistance in washington states.. what is the requirement to file the examination? and where and whom to contact with?
thank you for helping me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kboyce89@myspace.com in Saint Petersburg, Florida

55 months ago

Chris in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I have a question for you. Do all CNA's have to clean up human waste. I am thinking about becoming a CNA but don't think I could do part of that job description. Thanks in advance. Chris

pretty much its really not all that bad actually just think of the resident as ur own relative...or urself years ahead from now.

kboyce89@myspace.com in Saint Petersburg, Florida

55 months ago

too many is probably cuz it takes up too much time..because of the fact that their would be other residents who need your time too not that much time to tend to everyone...u could be doing a partial and someone else needs to go to the bathroom...know what im sayin.? they are very picky..maybe do one for arms(soap and rinse).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

laclac in Wheeling, Illinois

45 months ago

NILAM in Deerfield, Illinois said: I NEED QUESTION AND ANSWERS FOR CNA PREVIOUS EXAMS TAKEN BY ILLINOIS STATE

The test is very simple and a bit of common sense.It's multiple choice and scenario based questions. Example: When a resident asks your assistance using a urinal pan, what's the NA should do?
a.get the fracture pan
b.get the urinal pan
c.wear gloves
d.tell the resident to go the bathroom instead of using urinal pan.

When assisting the resident to take a shower,the NA should

a. NA check the water temperature & make sure it's comfortable for her

b. NA should ask the resident & make sure that the water temp is comfortable for her to touch.

c.water temperature should be 115 degree farenheit

d.make sure that the water temp is 105-110 degree f

I hope this help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

goshegemada@gmil.com in Madison, Wisconsin

42 months ago

thank you every one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

leelee in Jacksonville, Florida

42 months ago

i herd that the partial bed bath, the making of a occupied bed and perinatal care was not a part of the hands on for florida state exam is the true and how much time do they give you to finish the three that they pick for you also will they disqualify for your nails if they have acrylic on them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

SHAKEITHA GRIMES in ALBANY, Georgia

28 months ago

I AM TAKING MY CNA STATE TEST NEXT WEEK. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY INSIGHT ON WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TOO? I JUST HOPE I DONT GET NERVOUS!!! :-/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

does anyone know any thing about the phlebotomy i wanna take a class in it let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vchicka in Adrian, Michigan

26 months ago

why do i care?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

vchicka in Adrian, Michigan said: why do i care?

you dont have to be smart about it shes just proud of herself and what she accomplished

26 months ago

you should order the vedio for the skill that what i did and passed 2 years now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jazzy in Phoenix, Arizona

24 months ago

I have a question if anybody can answer me please :) so im starting my training and paying $1000 for training.when i do the test and if i fail do i have to pay again $1000 for training again please answer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

quelita in Rockingham, North Carolina

22 months ago

patrice74 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi i just moved to Atlanta from Florida. I was wondering would it be hard to switch my Fl license to Ga. I passed both exams 3 weeks ago and was told that it's takes about a month to recieve it. I have a copy of my results and my certificate from the school i got training from. Would anyone hire me with just that for now? Thanks for your help.

Hello, I am Maria and I trnsfered my florida license to GA for free without taking any extra exames or anything, you just go to google and type in how to transfer out of state Nursing assistant certification, click on reciprocity, and fill out the application and send it to the state that you want to apply for a job in,,,,, but dod not come here to NC, as I moved here, because you have to either challange the course which theirs is hard or re do the whole thing, which is a bummer. but yeah just go to georgia nurse aid registry and look for reciprocity, and you will have all the info. there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HEIDI in Newark, New Jersey

13 months ago

I PASSED the CNA State exam in PA yesterday.I was soooooo nerves, but I did it.Thnak God

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

HEIDI in Newark, New Jersey

13 months ago

jennifer in Wauchula, Florida said: i take my state exam on the 1st (: any tips?

did you pass?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

you should order the cd and it will go over all 24 skills for florida I did and passed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cathy4yahoo in Honolulu, Hawaii

13 months ago

Please help me out here. Has anyone taken the CNA exam at Prometrics here in hawaii?? I just want to know how they do it over here? I heard its hard? If you know what kind of question do they ask during the skill test? Thkyou

Lilly in Honolulu, Hawaii

13 months ago

Are those practise question on google really the ones coming on the state exam??

Lilly in Honolulu, Hawaii

13 months ago

yes I think you only need two. But that what my teacher taught me.

Reese in Raleigh, North Carolina

11 months ago

glennken in Thomasville, North Carolina said: pls help how take examination of cna here in north carolina. im just move out here last week.. im certified nursing assistance in washington states.. what is the requirement to file the examination? and where and whom to contact with?
thank you for helping me...

You dont have to retake it, you just have to apply for a transfer or "reciprocity" in medical terms at www.ncnar.org/ncna.html#oosaide, and they will take care of you! Goodluck with that...

angela.patterson308@gmail.com in West Covina, California

2 months ago

kathjohn in Asheville, North Carolina said: In North Carolina, the skills test we do is Modified Partial Bed bath, which includes:Face and one arm, hand and underarm. So 2 is the maximum wash clothes needed.

I'm about to challenge the written and skill test /will you be so kind and give me some help? Now the skill test I need help on. My cna certification expired 2009 from Philadelphia Pennsylvania now I-reside Iin chcharlotte nonorth Carolina and every state is different so I need to know the 5 skills. Thank you very much

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.