RENEWAL OF CNA CERTIFICATION

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 303)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

SYLVIA

79 months ago

Traci Brack in Racine, Wisconsin said: I want to see when I received my CNA License and if it's still good. I lost my card but when I applied for a CNA job they looked it up by Internet and could see that I was still able to work in the Hospital and that I had, had either State or Federal I lost one because I didn't keep up with working a 8 hour shift every year. I went on with being a Receptionist but now want to get back in the Medical Field again.

I HAD A CARD BUT LOST IT. NOW i RELOCATE AND LIVING SOMEPLACE ELSE SO i JUST WANTED TO NO WHAT TO DO TO GET ANOTHER SO i COULD GO TO WORK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CHERYL

79 months ago

HOW CAN I FIND THE SITE TO THE BOARD OF NURSING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

amber in Lincoln, Nebraska

79 months ago

What? in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Sorry but I find it difficult to understand how people can be so dumb and ask such stupid questions as the above. I have no idea about re certifying a CNA but I would certainly hope that someone who has been certified in a profession in the past would know how to go about renewal.

To me, it is like a driver saying, "Gee, my Georgia driver's license has expired. Can anyone tell me how to get a new one?"

Here's a clue. Look on your last certificate and contact that entity. If it says "State of Arizona Department of Medical Licensing" or something like that, then ya know to look for the "Georgia" department, etc. How hard can it be?

Of course there may be some special practice only in the State of Georgia where one has to have the eyes from a South American pig to present as an offering in order to be re certified here.

Yeah she is a b word I agree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Tawnya in Portland, Oregon said: I would like to agree with the people above!! You are a rude person who needs to get a life!!! You know what I dont get?? When people feel the need to say rude things like that. I think the people who do are lacking something in themselfs and feel like they have to make other people lacking too. Just because you people probably had a bad Childhood, dont make others pay for it!!

yeah you are a b word get a life do you not have ne thing better to do?? pull your head out of your butt witch

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

yeah tanya ya witch. Get a life find something better to do with your time cause apparently you think your some big stuff. ya b word. I will beat you black and blue if I seen you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CICI in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

What? in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Sorry but I find it difficult to understand how people can be so dumb and ask such stupid questions as the above. I have no idea about re certifying a CNA but I would certainly hope that someone who has been certified in a profession in the past would know how to go about renewal.

To me, it is like a driver saying, "Gee, my Georgia driver's license has expired. Can anyone tell me how to get a new one?"

Here's a clue. Look on your last certificate and contact that entity. If it says "State of Arizona Department of Medical Licensing" or something like that, then ya know to look for the "Georgia" department, etc. How hard can it be?

Of course there may be some special practice only in the State of Georgia where one has to have the eyes from a South American pig to present as an offering in order to be re certified here.

YOUR COMMENT WAS SO IRRITATING AND UNHELPFUL GROW UP WHY DONT YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CICI in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

AMANDA BILBAY in Midland, Texas said: WANT TO SEE IF MY LIC. R STILL GOOD.

CALL YOUR STATE NURSE AIDE REGISTRY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

iris frez in New York, New York

79 months ago

can someone help me in getting my cna certfified

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

iris frez in New York, New York

79 months ago

i am 50yrs can i still be a cna and worked would they hired me yes or no can someone answer this question please, i use to worked long time ago in a hospital as a nurses aide for 5yrs before i left on maternity leave, but i was train in the job and never the hospital gave me the certified how can i get the the hours , i use to worked in clinics only .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sarah goodwin in Mexico, Indiana

79 months ago

well actually for people that are not CNA's it's hard for them to renew it if you do not work that depertment.. for ex i am a phleb but i need by CNA cert renewed and only eight hours is required but since i don't do that job i can't get mine renewed that easy.. and since your in the medical field maybe you shouldn't be so rude and dog other peoples guestions. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joyce in Detroit, Michigan

79 months ago

My license from PROMETRIC Lawrenceville,NJ expired 3/08. I'm moving to Georgia in May. Is it possible to take a test and become certified in Georgia?

lisa

79 months ago

April W. in Greenville, South Carolina said: How rude are you?

Right on April!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kacie in Lagrange, Georgia

78 months ago

april in Huntingtown, Maryland said: Rude much???
How about you try this one since you have such negative for people that ask question...DON'T POST ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS THAT YOU THINK ARE "DUMB"
maybe get a life???
idk.
But I went to google.com to look up information on renewing my CNA vertificate that I received in like 2002 and NEVER put to use and now am interested in renewing it to find a job in that field && your rude comment is the first thing that I see.
WOW!
you're a real big help, loser!

I am looking for help on the same thing, so if you by some chance do come across an answer let me know and I'll do the same. I received mine in 2005 so it expired December of 2007, but I never worked the job requirement between now and back then, so I'm completely at a loss.

Nathan Torres in Bronx, New York

78 months ago

I lost my CNA Certification, I live in the Bronx, New York. Where can i go to acquire another one?

lisa

78 months ago

Hi, I was a CNA in NYS, all you need to do is go onine. On-line verifications may be done by New York State Nurse Aide Certification number or by name.
www.nynar.chauncey.com.

On-line verifications may be done by New York State Nurse Aide Certification number or by name.

The New York State Nurse Aide Registry is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-800-918-8818. The New York State Nurse Aide Registry may be used by anyone, not just health care providers.
You can look your self up, or talk to some one they will send you a new copy. Any place you apply to can look you up too.

GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa

78 months ago

Twanna Delbridge in Duluth, Georgia said: My license expired 11-30-07 I would like to renew my license please feel free to give me a call at 706-351-4623 to let me know of the options I have I been having them since 1999 I misplace my form to get them renewed my e-mail address is twannadelbridge@yahoo.com

Hi Twanna, check out this website,it should help.
www.ghp.georgia.gov
Certified Nurse Aide Registry
The Nurse Aide Registry allows users to search for certified nurse aides (CNAs), verify certification, and check for adverse findings. Please select the following link below to continue.
Search for a Nurse Aide
Nurse Aide Links and Lists
Nurse Aide Forms
Nurse Aide Policies and Procedures

Nurse Aide Training Program
Search for approved Georgia nurse aide training programs and related information by selecting one of the following links below.
Search for a Program
Search for an Instructor
Search for a Course
Search for a Testing Site
Additional Information

shelly in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

you are being completely rude to people. like mine for instance is that i would have to contact a place in philly, some people are just wondering the name of a website where they can print off the sheet, like in my case. there is really no need to be rude like you are being.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lisa

78 months ago

shelly in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania said: you are being completely rude to people. like mine for instance is that i would have to contact a place in philly, some people are just wondering the name of a website where they can print off the sheet, like in my case. there is really no need to be rude like you are being.

Shelly, Are you referring to ME ,Lisa?

Here is a Pennsylvania link for Nurses aide info...pulseportal.com

Juana Silvestre in Gonzales, Texas

78 months ago

I WANT TO KNOW IF I'M WORKING WILL MY CNA LICENSE AUTOMATICALLY GET RENEWED?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

R. Swert in Fort Wayne, Indiana

78 months ago

You are extremely rude! I have this exact same question and to show who is really stupid, I already know where my certificate is issued you morron I'm trying to find out the website address to renew my certificate because I was notified by my last employer that this is the only way to renew your certificate in IN. If you found this question so stupid than wouldn't it be smarter to just not answer? Now who looks dumb?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christie in Marietta, Georgia

78 months ago

rene in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: call 877]329-6760 check cna liecnse good luck.

The number doesnt woork!!!

Carla in Rochester, New York

78 months ago

How do you go about reporting an employer who is refusing to recertify a CNA certificate if I am no longer working there, but I did work at least 8 hrs in 2007. My certificate was to be renewed in August 2007. Can you give me some information on who to contact about this problem?

Lisa in Maryland,NewYork and PA

78 months ago

Hi Carla, you can call: 1-800-918-8818 It is the NYS health dept/Nurse Aide registry info line. Your previous employer is supposed to recertify you. I am in Maryland,but I worked inBuffalo, New York area for 11 years, I had no problems with having my previous emplorer renew my certification.
Try calling the number above some one should be able to help.
Good Luck

ginny in Kingman, Arizona

78 months ago

iris frez in New York, New York said: i am 50yrs can i still be a cna and worked would they hired me yes or no can someone answer this question please, i use to worked long time ago in a hospital as a nurses aide for 5yrs before i left on maternity leave, but i was train in the job and never the hospital gave me the certified how can i get the the hours , i use to worked in clinics only .

I am in school now to be a CNA and will be 50 next month...there are two women in my class older than me...one 65....go for it...ginny

Melissa Brown in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

I need to know how to renew my licese for the Texas Nurse Aide Registry?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

robin burrows in San Angelo, Texas

78 months ago

Juana Silvestre in Gonzales, Texas said: I WANT TO KNOW IF I'M WORKING WILL MY CNA LICENSE AUTOMATICALLY GET RENEWED?

im just moveing back from oklahoma been certified since 2004 but im sure that i need to take the texas test.

lisa in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

hi, i went to that website & its asking me for a renewal id. what is that and where do i get it from? and thank you for the website

Jennifer Hines in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

I don't really know how it works where you live. But in Georgia we have a Georgia Nurse Registry that keeps up with your renewals. Try going back to where you first got your certification from and that should help. Also, in Georgia we have to work under the direction of an RN for 24-48 hours a year to keep our certification active, if not you are required to go back and take the state certified test again. good luck

matasha hubbard in Madison, Wisconsin

78 months ago

i need to find out where do i go to take my cna test for madison wisconsin. i took the classes in chicago, IL. and i have my license but i need to take the test to become certified as a cna in wisconsin

Denise in Durham, North Carolina

78 months ago

Is is hard to get a job as a cna without experience? I'm about to start taking the cna course at a c.c and when I'm done in 2 months and pass the state exam I would like to start working right away. I've been searching through job openings and I see that everyone needs at least 6 months of experience. Anyone have any ideas?

78 months ago

Is is hard to get a job as a cna without experience? I'm about to start taking the cna course at a c.c and when I'm done in 2 months and pass the state exam I would like to start working right away. I've been searching through job openings and I see that everyone needs at least 6 months of experience. Anyone have any ideas?

Jennifer in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Try your homehealth agencies first. Start appling now for sitter positions.
The facility you do your intership should also be helpful in finding a good position. Just don't give up. Being a CNA is a wonderful career choice.

77 months ago

Jennifer in Atlanta, Georgia said: Try your homehealth agencies first. Start appling now for sitter positions.
The facility you do your intership should also be helpful in finding a good position. Just don't give up. Being a CNA is a wonderful career choice.

thank you for the advice. i know it will come in handy

andrea gapinski in Noblesville, Indiana

77 months ago

THANK YOU!!

Gia

77 months ago

how can you be so rude to consider someone's question stupid. If you dont have an answer to the question, or you dont feel like answering it, keep your disrespectful mouth shut. As far as i'm concerned, a stupid question is the question you dont ask. dont help if you're going to make the person feel bad while you're helping them out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

77 months ago

What is the matter with you??? Apparently you must think you are perfect!!! I really feel sorry for anyone that has to interact with you!

April in North Charleston, South Carolina

77 months ago

i just moved here from arkansas and i want to know how to change my cna license to south carolina...

Cachandra Baker in Santa Ana, California

77 months ago

I would like to renew my Certified Nursing Aide on line could I do that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Man in FL in Jacksonville, Florida

77 months ago

Your comment is very unhelpful, and frankly, very rude! You obviously do not know that is is not as easy as you may suppose. Many, many folks are having trouble finding this information out, because it is not freely given to them. People re-locate all the time, and there aren't places on every corner to reapply, esp if you're in a small rural area. Your comment was unhelpful, as noted by over 100 people. Think before you speak next time!

latishia stevens of elberton, ga in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

Why is it so hard to find a renewal form on this website!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

xxxxxx xxxxxxx in Saint Joseph, Missouri

77 months ago

Did you ever stop and think that maybe someone may be looking into this as a profession and is gathering information on it? Maybe you should stop and think who may be asking these questions before you become such a douche about answering a simple question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Trista in Rochester, Minnesota

77 months ago

YEah your rude as hell ive been a cna for 4 years and i didnt know how to go about doing that sorry not everyone knows everything like you apparently do! if you didnt want to help without being nice about it dont say anything at all! what are you doing in that profession anyways? i dont know if anyone ever told you this but its apparently not the right one! a cna or anyone in that profession should be nice sweet and carring not a B****!!!!!! so its time you found something new to do with your life and i feel bad for any patients residents you may have had in the past! and if you didnt read at the bottom of the page when you can reply it says "Be Reasonable! Be Polite!" so im sorry about the mean words i used but you are just plain rude!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

denise in Ringgold, Georgia

76 months ago

ok for the smart a&& above when you get your cna if you leave that company and yours expires then yes you need to know where to go!!!! you cant just bust back up in that hospital and say HEY GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kelli in Winter Haven, Florida

76 months ago

You have a very good point anyone who has been in the medical field with a liscens knows that you have to go through the department of health in what ever state you are in. If you dont know that you cant be very good at your job. That is my opion anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

k in Winter Haven, Florida

76 months ago

casey baggett in Dexter, Georgia said: I would really like to know how to check to see if my CNA license are still valid.

If you dont know that you liscense is valid what have you been doing. Anyone that has been liscensed knows to check with the department of health in your area or the state nursing board, it does say that on your licsense

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

diane in Collegeville, Pennsylvania said: Heres a clue.. you are a rude person who needs to get a life. You cant be dumb to pass the CNA test. They are very strict about your skills. Anyone who calls a person dumb who doesnt know them, is an idiot.

All it takes is a little studying and you can be extreamly dumb to be a cna i have seen plenty of them. They are not strick about your skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

joy in Roann, Indiana said: You dont have to be such an a** about it have you ever heard the saying "there is no such thing as a stupid question!" you got up on your high horse before knowing anything. What? You think everyone in this whole world still has there stuff from 11 years ago? Hello?? Do you? maybe there was a fire or maybe it got lost somewhere in the mist of moving! But you go on being the way you are and then someday when you are sincere and you ask a question and someone tells you that it is the stupidest question they ever heard dont you dare get all mad and run your mouth be remember you done the same thing!!!

Asking how to renew something after 11 years is a little not bright. Before you go getting on someone you should brush up on your comunication skills. What are you in grade school still. If someone looses their licsense in moving then it wasnt very important to begin with. They only tell you that there are no stupid questions so that they can make fun of you later when you arent there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Dorothy Hammond in Henderson, Nevada said: Hi,my name is Dorothy Hammond I have been and still consider my self to be an active CNA. Two and a half years ago i moved from Calif.(the bayarea) to Henderson Nevada and live @ 2425Paveene Ave. which is the home of Ronald Brooks. When i lived in California i worked through a nursing registry called. F.A.S.T. Nursing Registry. That is how i met Mr. Brooks . I had other in home health care jobs through the registry also. The registry sent me to Mr. Brooks house to help him with his wife. I helped him with her until she passed away . A year later he called me up and asked how my schedule was and if i could help him with his mother and i told him that i would be glad to help him.Three years ago he sold his home in Fremont California and he and his mother moved to Henderson Nevada. Two and a half years ago i moved here and now care for his mother 24 hours a day . Mr. Brooks has Diabetes and caring for his mom is just too overwhelming for him to do all by himself because of his health.So my question is how do i go about renewing my CNA license? Do i have to go back to school and do it all over again? And who do i contact to find this out? Thank You, Dorothy Hammond

First thing you gave way too much info out the first thing you should have learned as a cna is hippa dont give any info on pts or pts families. contact the health department in your area and find out about chalegening the cna test

jessica in Kingwood, Texas

76 months ago

WOW!!! your rude!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn in Peru, Indiana

76 months ago

you are really rude, Grow up and set a life other than being on the internet. I do believe that it takes skill to be a cna. You just wait. You will get old and I hope you get a CNA that is really rude to match you. And you will..... bad carma will catch up to you..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.