RENEWAL OF CNA CERTIFICATION

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 305)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

oldlady 123 in Ocala, Florida

69 months ago

Please can someone send me information on where to appliy for license for cna in tennessee and texas. I have been thinking of going one or both in future. I work at a hospital in fl. and have a few more years but have decided to move around a little any information would be helfull, thankyou. Winninghhamlinda@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Trans4md in Salem, Wisconsin

69 months ago

Alyssa in Richmond, Indiana said: Hi i believe it is you need to be a CNA or do cna "like work" and get paid for an 8 hour shift within 2 years of your certification. It is no longer listed on IL CNA registry. I think that it is up to your previous employer to verify your cna title and you "work" that you performed.

In order to maintain Federal Certification you need to work @ least 8 hours in a nursing home(or somewhere that is federally certified as well) within 2 yrs. As for state, I know for Wisconsin you need to do 12 hours of Continuing Education. A lot of times your employer, if currently working as a CNA, can submit documentation that will renew the license.

As for transferring, you can contact that state that you wish to transfer your CNA license to, which requires a Reciprocity Fee and an Out of State Application. I would Google that states Dept. of Health

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mistyshamblin in Parkersburg, West Virginia

69 months ago

Pabla Cisneros in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I like to know when my licence expire, and I want to do my renewal online.

see when my licence need to be renewd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yonas in Raleigh, North Carolina

68 months ago

I have no comment but I have one question about my CNA licence
You know I have washingtton CNA licence so how could I change it to north carolina CNA licence please help me,becouse I do not have any information the place where I do. thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jupiter in Etowah, Tennessee

68 months ago

georgia in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: I think your comment was extremely rude. If you were an intelligent person you would know that no question is a dumb question. Maybe someone has been out of the field for a long time and would like to get back into it.

One reason a person may not know how to recertify is because some facilities DO IT FOR YOU. If you don't have to do it then how are you going to know how?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CHARITY in Jasper, Texas

68 months ago

i just had 2 kids (help me) and i forgot 2 renew my cna license they are now old enough i am ready 2 go back to work but i have not used my license in about 5 years and i 4got to renew it what do i have 2 do 2 get it renewed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

CHARITY in Jasper, Texas

68 months ago

how much do cnas get paid now

tammy strickland in Covington, Georgia

68 months ago

i have been privite sitting for the past six years and i would like to get my cna certificitiona back so i can go to work at river side nurseing

s hinkle in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

68 months ago

I just forgot to renew my cna cerifitication and now I need this because I would be finding a job with a new company and I need that as soon as possible what do I do!!!! please help me.

mjgehl in Indianapolis, Indiana

68 months ago

noah in La Porte, Indiana said: My CNA license in Wisconsin expired last Nov 2005. How will I go about renewing it and since I am in Indiana right now,how will I get a CNA license in Indiana?

Honey you have to take the class all over for the state of indiana. you have to have worked at least an 8 hour shift per year or every two (not sure which it is now)to keep up your licensure.

mjgehl in Indianapolis, Indiana

68 months ago

honey you have to get a indiana cna certificate. you are required to take about a 3 wk class. you can get paid for them in some cases. call nursing homes and ask if they provide the class and if you get paid for classroom hours. they do that in bloomington. look in the papers and see if anyone is offerinc cna classes. some people go as far as paying for the class. review your options and choose wisely. took keep up your certification indidiana you have to work at least one eight hour shift a year. this may have changed, i'm not sure.

good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mofo in Las Vegas, Nevada

68 months ago

I recieved my cna in San Diego and have recently moved to Las Vegas is it vaild here?

Amanda in Madison, Wisconsin

68 months ago

georgia in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: I think your comment was extremely rude. If you were an intelligent person you would know that no question is a dumb question. Maybe someone has been out of the field for a long time and would like to get back into it.

I agree with the last reply to your comment!! I have been out of the field now for about 10 years and want to get back into it, so if you are so smart about this topic than you tell me where to look to get the info to get re-certified!! I think you should think before you speak and take into consideration other people, I feel sorry for ANY patient that has you for a nurse!!!

srblas in Tucson, Arizona

68 months ago

What? in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Sorry but I find it difficult to understand how people can be so dumb and ask such stupid questions as the above. I have no idea about re certifying a CNA but I would certainly hope that someone who has been certified in a profession in the past would know how to go about renewal.

To me, it is like a driver saying, "Gee, my Georgia driver's license has expired. Can anyone tell me how to get a new one?"

Here's a clue. Look on your last certificate and contact that entity. If it says "State of Arizona Department of Medical Licensing" or something like that, then ya know to look for the "Georgia" department, etc. How hard can it be?

Of course there may be some special practice only in the State of Georgia where one has to have the eyes from a South American pig to present as an offering in order to be re certified here.

It can be hard especially if it has expired and you are facing forclosure with no other prospects. Don't be rude it isn't necessary. If you have some concrete instructions post them otherwise just be pleasant and everyone have a nice day and good luck in your professions! I am an Lpn licensed in 26 states, a licensed Ham radio operator, a certified nurse assistant, certified home health aide, class Ä"driver(big rigs)of course class "c" driver and working on my RN. but please people be proud of your licences and keep them current it is worth it and they belong on your resume. any comments?

Pissed.off.aide in Westland, Michigan

68 months ago

What? in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Sorry but I find it difficult to understand how people can be so dumb and ask such stupid questions as the above. I have no idea about re certifying a CNA but I would certainly hope that someone who has been certified in a profession in the past would know how to go about renewal.

To me, it is like a driver saying, "Gee, my Georgia driver's license has expired. Can anyone tell me how to get a new one?"

Here's a clue. Look on your last certificate and contact that entity. If it says "State of Arizona Department of Medical Licensing" or something like that, then ya know to look for the "Georgia" department, etc. How hard can it be?

Of course there may be some special practice only in the State of Georgia where one has to have the eyes from a South American pig to present as an offering in order to be re certified here.

People in Michigan have to go through a new company I haven't dealt with before to renew a CNA license, jerk. And I'm currently not working in a facility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sweety atlanta in Union City, Georgia

68 months ago

just curious i graduated from nursing school in 1996. and i worked in the medical feild for about 3 years after that. then i started my own buisness. and did that up until about a year ago. i had a son. but now i would like to get back in the medical feild. do u think i would have to go back schoo altogether? i really just dnt know. i also am a school bus driver.

Tea in Dallas, Georgia

68 months ago

Yes, it would seem to be a simple task. However, when you contact the Georgia registry, it is a fairly unhelpful automated system that is reached. When I called, I was unable to locate an appropriate menu or reach a live operator.

shelley508 in Middleboro, Massachusetts

68 months ago

I agree about the inapropriate message, I am from the state of Massachusetts,and have had a problem renewing my cna license becuse I never recieved the updated form, along with not recieving my HHA license at all, so the gov. does make misstakes.

shelley508 in Middleboro, Massachusetts

68 months ago

latishia stevens of elberton, ga in Atlanta, Georgia said: Why is it so hard to find a renewal form on this website!!!

I'm from MA, and need a renewal form too but I can't seem to find it either, My license expired in May of 2008. Plus I never recieved my HHA license. so I know how you feel.

allison eugenia mccollum in Charlotte, North Carolina

67 months ago

i would like no if my cna license has expire

67 months ago

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF MY CNA LICENSE HAS EXPIRED YET

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

IM WORKING WITH SERENITY NURSING SERVICES ON 3126 MILTON RD I DIDN'T KNOW MY CNA HAD EXPIRED UNTIL ONE OF EMPLOYEE OF SERENITY TOLD ME.PLEASE SENT ME THE FORM TO FILL OUT OR SOMETHING,I HAVE WORKING WITH SERENITY SINCE 09/09/08,THE FORM CAN BE MAILED TO ME AT 7008 SNOW LN APT-G CHARLOTTE NC 28227

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RUDE! in Houston, Texas

67 months ago

This is a very RUDE comment! The line stays busy and some people may look to find it on the web but it isn't as easy as it would seem to be. Stop being a jerk!

67 months ago

ALL I WAS ASKING IF MY CNA LICENSE HAS EXPIRE THAT ALL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yamira in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

xxxxxx xxxxxxx in Saint Joseph, Missouri said: Did you ever stop and think that maybe someone may be looking into this as a profession and is gathering information on it? Maybe you should stop and think who may be asking these questions before you become such a douche about answering a simple question.

Very, very rude SOB.

yamira in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

Very,very rude SOB.

Home Health in Garland, Texas

67 months ago

I was just gonna fill in the lady who thinks she's the genius....
Hope you don't ever come to me for a job, I surely wouldnt put you in a home around people. That was completely uncalled for, I'll spread your words for you, good luck on a career change honey..

Admin

chrissy28 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

Hi everyone I am from pennsylvania and am looking for some help,6 yrs ago I was a certified nursing assistant since then i have not renewed it I am currently looking to get my certification back but am clueless on how to go about this process do I take the whole program over or do you pay a renewal fee how do you go about this? any information on this would be very helpful

switiksangel in Wellington, Ohio

67 months ago

chrissy28 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi everyone I am from pennsylvania and am looking for some help,6 yrs ago I was a certified nursing assistant since then i have not renewed it I am currently looking to get my certification back but am clueless on how to go about this process do I take the whole program over or do you pay a renewal fee how do you go about this? any information on this would be very helpful

Each state has their own requirement. I can give Ohio as an example. Your license here is good for so long as you do not have a gap of 2 years. If within those two years, you worked a total of 2 x 8 hour shifts under the advicement of a physician or in a long term care facility (say you took some PRN hours) that will qualify you for a renewal. Now if you had not done that, I had several classmates in my nursing assistant class , almost half actually, who had let their licenses lapse and had to retake the class and testing.

Now to the lady who asked about North Carolina, that is the one state that I am aware of that doesn't reciprocate. Most states are tested by the same company and will give you automatic reciprocity. All you have to do is get a form from the state you are headed to and part of it is sent to the state you are licensed in. They will then fill it up and verify that you are indeed on the registry and send it to your incoming state. You will also need to have a background check done and pay a minimal fee. No more testing or additional studying.

Hope this helps.

mjgehl in Bloomington, Indiana

67 months ago

mofo in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I recieved my cna in San Diego and have recently moved to Las Vegas is it vaild here?

I think it's just a state-to-state thing.

elizabeth kesling in hepzibah, West Virginia

67 months ago

i see you really don't understand the question.The qestion is not how but where in WV.I had a diffecult time finding some place that offers the course.but I found a nurseing home that will let me take the course with their class. thank you so much for your concern GODS speed lib

kelley in Beggs, Oklahoma

66 months ago

Juana Silvestre in Gonzales, Texas said: I WANT TO KNOW IF I'M WORKING WILL MY CNA LICENSE AUTOMATICALLY GET RENEWED?

no you have to renew it every two years and have eight hours to renew it

Tabitha in Columbus, Georgia

66 months ago

Why do people have to be so rude. You know if your life is so bad that you have to treat people this way. For 1 you should not be working no where near the medical field and two take a look at yourself in the mirror and realize that all people have to answer for their actions oneday and if you feel being rude to someone will get you anywhere in life you are wrong. I can promise you if I was dying I would not you know where near me. You need a attitude check.

khamm in Allentown, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

You have nothing else to do but to respond to posts you know nothing about? Why are you even here if your not in the profession? How pathetic are you? People like you make this planet the terrible place it has become. Check yourself hefer! Your miserable. Go get some counseling!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leo in Evansville, Indiana

65 months ago

My name Leonard C. and I know my CNA license has expired 11 years due to change job, I work in manufacture in 11 years and recently laid off and thinking going back to healtcare,I have 10 years experience in health care,I work as ICU technician(PT.care and interperting ECG to charge nurse)in Welborn Hospital.Unfortunately the hospital doesn't exist anymore due to merging.I would like to know how could I be recertified?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

traylove in Jacksonville, Florida

65 months ago

Mr C. You will have to call promissor or get on the computer see what dates they will schucling the test in your state. you'll have to take the skill and writing test over.

Lisa in Wenatchee, Washington

65 months ago

Wow you sound like a bitter individual who doesn't understand that there are people who are new in this field and maybe just do't know where to start to renew. Not all licensure in all states have information on th back of thier license!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ktlyndwn@yahoo.com in Evansville, Indiana

65 months ago

Tabitha in Columbus, Georgia said: Why do people have to be so rude. You know if your life is so bad that you have to treat people this way. For 1 you should not be working no where near the medical field and two take a look at yourself in the mirror and realize that all people have to answer for their actions oneday and if you feel being rude to someone will get you anywhere in life you are wrong. I can promise you if I was dying I would not you know where near me. You need a attitude check.

I hope you don't take this personally, but I what would you do if I was a potential employer searching through the indeed forums and ran across your posting. My first thought would be that you lack interpersonal ability in handling customer service or working with fellow co-workers. If you applied for a job within my company...I wouldn't think twice on tossing your application in the don't hire pile. Again sorry if this offended you, but sometimes I think it is hard to find certain criteria and things do change eleven years later. So the next time you run across a posting think twice on how you handle your reply. Have a nice weekend.

sillysue77 in Camby, Indiana

65 months ago

edj1 in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I am actually seraching for the same type of information. After reading your response, I think that maybe you need to take a deep breath and try again.

The question is a valid question becuase if he or she were to call the entity that they received their license from, then they w2ould give her the telephone numbers to her local community colleges. The issue with that is it is very expensive and most of the colleges no longer offer "recertification". They actually try to force you into taking the entire class for either 4 months to 6 months, when you can actually take the class in 1 to two weeks.

So the next time that you maybe want to insinuate that someone's question is dumb or making a comment that isn't helping someone, try doing YOUR research before you look like the dumb one.

****in the past cna's never had to recert themselves, i've been in the business for years, and back then the aide just had to work one 8 hr. shift per year, then they made it where you had to have a certain number hours of inservices, so for miss mean ass, now you have to re-cert yourself, and i called the state and they weren't much help on the issue, i have until oct. this year to do it, then i just read on another site, you are supposed to renew by your bithday, so i'm confused....and no girls, you're not stupid for wanting the facts, only stupid people don't ask questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ktlyndwn@yahoo.com in Evansville, Indiana

65 months ago

I understand that you had a point and what you were saying to the person. My point was simply instead of critizing maybe you should take a different approach when helping someone. I just thought your approach was very harsh towards the person and was simply saying that if I was an employer I wouldnt want you handling my customer care or customer service. Sorry if it bothered you and I am actually very intelligent so your comment was well taking and maybe I should have researched more, but my point was a totally different point than how you took it. Sorry again!

PISCES4LTR@AOL.COM

65 months ago

I WOULD LIKE TO RENEW MY CNA CERTIFICATE BUT I DONT WANT TO TAKE THE COURSE ALL OVER AGAIN CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME OR DIRECT ME TO THE RIGHT PERSON NUMBER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mrs.Jackson in Marietta, Georgia

64 months ago

I sent all my info to the renewal department but I never recieved anything anything back I was told that you now have to get a licence nurse to sign off on your renewal now.But I just got the number off this site I hope it helps thanks.

sarah in Royal Oak, Michigan

64 months ago

hi my name is am look for a web site that i go and get my cna cerificate for free i hope any one knows were i could get that website if so you can reach me at sardimarzio@aol.com

kelley in Beggs, Oklahoma

64 months ago

I couldnt find one either i just sent off the app got it back in two weeks

nans07 in Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico

64 months ago

spenley in Chickamauga, Georgia said: Hello. I too was cna certified back in 1999 and have been working as a phlebotomist since 2002...i am looking to renew my cna as well since most jobs require it now...i'm sorry that lady in the first comment rolled out of bed and jumped right on her period, but that doesnt give them a right to talk to us like we are stupid...if u dont have a helpful comment then please mind your own business and let decent working folks like ourselves get the much needed help we are looking for...I was certified in georgia if that helps out..thanks

thanks for your infoe i recently moved to the caribbean (pr) while getting settled and all my license lapsed so iven't any idea how to become recertified after having it for such a short time and the hard time i had acquiring it. anyway that other person with the rude reply really needs a real reality check. thanks

mlt in Chicago, Illinois

64 months ago

Bev. in Memphis, Tennessee said: Hi DShondria,

First of all I think you have asked a very "legit" question. I don't feel you have asked a dumb question at all. I feel you were searching for a "quickie" of an answer that's all (lol).

Always, ignore rudeness and to me that's what I consider not smart. Okay, I'm sure all you want is an answer. I will attempt to help.

You may type in "Georgia State Board of Nursing" in your browser; Or type:
sos.georgia.gov/plb

Once you are in the site click on "Professional Licensure" and hopefully you will acheive your goal. You might want to check out the whole site for future reference.

Good Luck and God Bless,

Bev.

That you for being a professional, considerate adult with your comment letter it was very helpful. May God bless

mlt in Chicago, Illinois

64 months ago

Lisa in Wenatchee, Washington said: Wow you sound like a bitter individual who doesn't understand that there are people who are new in this field and maybe just do't know where to start to renew. Not all licensure in all states have information on th back of thier license!

your response wasn't considerate nor helpful of another person in need of help, do unto others as they will do unto you, take a look in the mirror at yourself because people are not stupid, you called yourself stupid. Treat people the way you want to be treated. You will walk across that same bridge and get the same treatment you gave to someone else when it happens to take the time to think about how you treated someone in thier time of need. May God keep you.

wheelerjo in Saint Petersburg, Florida

64 months ago

I work for the school board and during the summer i would do cna work.For the last three summer I've worked summer school so i wanted to known if my cna certificate was valid.

64 months ago

I work for the school board and during the summer i would do cna work.For the last three summer I've worked summer school so i wanted to known if my cna certificate was valid. I've taken a refresher coarse since then.

64 months ago

I work for the school board and during the summer i would do cna work.For the last three summer I've worked summer school so i wanted to known if my cna certificate was valid. I've taken a refresher course since then.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.