Red Cross for CNA training?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

emilyjade in Orange, California

39 months ago

Has anyone gone through the red cross to get their CNA training? If so, I would greatly appreciate some answers:

1. Would you recommend them?
2. Is the cost worth it?
3. How soon after graduating did you get a job?
4. Did getting trained through the red cross help you find a job?
5. How do you like being a CNA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

beginagainla in Modesto, California

34 months ago

I would love to get answers about this too. I called to get info last month and the cost is over $1,000, approaching $2,000. I asked the lady about job placement upon passing the state test and she just said the instructors pass out a sheet of paper with places currently hiring. In short, it didn't really sound like they have too much in the way of job placement.

I would like to know #3 and #4 from anyone who even knows anyone who has gone through the American Red Cross.

- How soon after graduating did you get a job?
- Did getting trained through the red cross help you find a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

emilyjade in Riverside, California

34 months ago

Hi! I dont know why it's saying that I am in riverside, but anyway, I ended up going to the red cross. It took about a month to get a job after I graduated, and I dont think the red cross hindered nor facilitate me in getting a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

So if you had to do it again, would you have paid all that money to do the Red Cross course?

And, only if you are comfortable saying, may I ask if your'e at least earning $10 an hour?

I read about people taking these courses, finishing, and are still unable to find employment because they lack the experience. It is good to know that after paying all that money, someone did give you a chance. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vikittania in Van Nuys, California

12 months ago

beginagainla in Modesto, California said: So if you had to do it again, would you have paid all that money to do the Red Cross course?

And, only if you are comfortable saying, may I ask if your'e at least earning $10 an hour?

I read about people taking these courses, finishing, and are still unable to find employment because they lack the experience. It is good to know that after paying all that money, someone did give you a chance. Good luck to you.

Well, I highly recommend to Volunteer at any Hospitals, Senior Living, clinics, etc. etc. where CNA's are needed. Just tell them you need experience so you can get accepted to work anywhere where they hire only with more experience.The best way to do that is to visit the places where CNA's are needed, ask the staff that work there (hospital, Senior living, etc) who you should talk to about permission to volunteer as a CNA. Write down all the info you find useful,like : the name of person, the title, the time he/she is available. There is a chance that you might get hired after volunteering( if they see your good efforts)... or they might take advantage and not hire because you are free. You can Volunteer while still looking for some temporary jobs else where. This way you can gain more experience, and better your search..

I know its sounds so easy to do.. not everyone can waste their precious time on free labor since they too need money to pay the bills.. Btw i also recommend checking Craiglist.. i have been seeing Nursing assistants/Caregiver ads wanted either with experienced and some just CNA certificate or both. So keep looking :))) even if its a cheap salary at least you can earn something while gaining more experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.