STNA training Cleveland, Ohio

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 218)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Tracey R in Cleveland, Ohio

66 months ago

Hello. I live near Cleveland, Ohio. Due to lack of funds, I don't own a car and use public transportation. I'm very interested in being a nursing assistant, but don't know where there are any training classes around here. There are some nursing homes which have free training classes, but say that they're only for people that want to work in home health care/nursing homes (I'd like to possibly work in hospitals as well, so I'll need a different location) plus, being a single mother, working where I currently do, I don't have money to pay the $800 fee that some places are asking for. So, I'm asking a few questions.....1) Are there any places around, that are free/discounted? 2)Can you get any grants/scholarships for training classes? or just actual university/college classes? I'd appriciate any help that anyone can give me on this topic. Thank you very much.

Tracey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (220) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

CINDY in Cleveland, Ohio

65 months ago

pleasant lake villa in parma, ohio has free STNA classes. There is a bus line to pleasant lake villa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (82) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

stine34@ameritech.net in Akron, Ohio

64 months ago

I am looking to find the STNA Classes for free I already go to KAPLAN College for MA,s need a job in this field to help me pay for school so this is why I,m in need of a free class have taken the STNA Classes befor also need a job just want to stay in that field thank whom ever for there help and information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

stine43@ameritech.net in Akron, Ohio

64 months ago

Do you know if there is a class that is starting soon and if I can get a contact number from your information or can you email me something about the class I would really be greatful for this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

angela in Berea, Ohio

63 months ago

hi i live in berea and i was woundering did any one know where there might be free stna traing or classes i dont have much money so i was woundering were there might be free classes thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Tia H. in Cleveland, Ohio

63 months ago

Tracey R in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hello. I live near Cleveland, Ohio. Due to lack of funds, I don't own a car and use public transportation. I'm very interested in being a nursing assistant, but don't know where there are any training classes around here. There are some nursing homes which have free training classes, but say that they're only for people that want to work in home health care/nursing homes (I'd like to possibly work in hospitals as well, so I'll need a different location) plus, being a single mother, working where I currently do, I don't have money to pay the $800 fee that some places are asking for. So, I'm asking a few questions.....1) Are there any places around, that are free/discounted? 2)Can you get any grants/scholarships for training classes? or just actual university/college classes? I'd appriciate any help that anyone can give me on this topic. Thank you very much.

Tracey

i took my stna classes at menorah park in beachwood and they are free. they also pay for u to take ur test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

stine43@ameritech.net in Brecksville, Ohio

63 months ago

Hi there it is a class that is going on at Maxes Hayes Voc. there are free classes going on now so please let me know if this was good for you and Good Luck too yu I,m trying to get in the course to see you there In God name we trust and believe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ShaMar in Cleveland, Ohio

63 months ago

Hi my name is ShaMar Freney. Im am a 20 year old single parent and i am now seeking to be a STNA,to make take care of my daughter. I dont have a job at this time so I am looking to get into a career ASAP. If you can help me please cantact me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

stine43@ameritech.net in Cleveland, Ohio

62 months ago

There is and STNA Class going on at Maxes Hayes Voc. starting nexts mouth so go and sign up I know that they want you to have your Ged or high school so get with them and let me know how you came out ok god bless you as you find help in getting in school.let me know how you come out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Not Happy in Akron, Ohio

62 months ago

I attended the Absolute Nurse Aid Training school in Canton, OH and I would have to say that this place is no good. The trainer is not smart and should not be teaching anyone, let alone nurse aids. Also, their website says they offer state testing in all locations, and they don't. You cannot take the state test in the Canton location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

janetta in Columbus, Ohio

61 months ago

i really need this class

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Columbus, Ohio

61 months ago

Kay, thanks for the info. It was very helpful, but is there any free classes in columbus ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kandies in Brook Park, Ohio

60 months ago

I want to become STNA certified, but i don't have the financial means to pay the $500+ cost for the classes. I did see on here that some places offer free/financial aid to single mothers with low income. The problem I am having is that the times the classes are held I am not available(I work Mon-Fri from 3:30-7:30pm & the classes either end @4 or start @5,etc ). Does anyone know where I could go to take the classes around my availability?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Pixie in Cleveland, Ohio

60 months ago

Pleasant Lake Villa in Parma on Ridge Rd offers free classes from 8am-3pm or somewhere in those hours. Then they give you a job after you pass the classes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chantal in Cleveland, Ohio

60 months ago

do u need your HD or GED for menorah park's class.

also try med care there classes are 475 for stna and 220 for hha (home health aid) and its right on the bus line

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kandies in Brook Park, Ohio

60 months ago

Pixie in Cleveland, Ohio said: Pleasant Lake Villa in Parma on Ridge Rd offers free classes from 8am-3pm or somewhere in those hours. Then they give you a job after you pass the classes.

Thanks Pixie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sandra in Cleveland, Ohio

60 months ago

i was think about get into stna . but i know dont how much it cost or how long it take .what i have to take . i just need more informtion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ken in Silver Spring, Maryland

59 months ago

hi can i find a place or school in columbus ohio where there offer free nursing,stna or cna classes?
help pls

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TAMARA in Akron, Ohio

59 months ago

I AM LOOKING FOR A STNA CLASS CLOSE TO AKRON OHIO. I AM WILLING TO DRIVE TO CLEVELAND IF NEED BE, CAN ANY ONE HELP... THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jordyn in Columbus, Ohio

59 months ago

Absolute has STNA classes in Columbus, Canton and Cleveland
for more information call *330*498*8212*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stine43@ameritech.net in Brecksville, Ohio

59 months ago

there are some stna classes going on at Maxes Hayes Voc. school
call the school and they will give you the time and dates and Good Luck on your search and I think the classes are free.I hope you reach your goal.. God Bless You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TAMARA in Akron, Ohio

59 months ago

stine43@ameritech.net in Brecksville, Ohio said: there are some stna classes going on at Maxes Hayes Voc. school
call the school and they will give you the time and dates and Good Luck on your search and I think the classes are free.I hope you reach your goal.. God Bless You

THANKS... VERY HELPFUL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jordyn in Columbus, Ohio

59 months ago

what is an STNA Siminar?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Lima, Ohio

59 months ago

I have a question ans I hope someone can help me! I was wondering if anyone knows of some free stna training classes in lima ohio? I was hoping of having a choice of working in a hospital or nursing home. I'm a single mother and don't have the extra money to pay for the courses. If anyone has any ideas , thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RAERAELINDSEY in Cleveland, Ohio

58 months ago

Tracey R in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hello. I live near Cleveland, Ohio. Due to lack of funds, I don't own a car and use public transportation. I'm very interested in being a nursing assistant, but don't know where there are any training classes around here. There are some nursing homes which have free training classes, but say that they're only for people that want to work in home health care/nursing homes (I'd like to possibly work in hospitals as well, so I'll need a different location) plus, being a single mother, working where I currently do, I don't have money to pay the $800 fee that some places are asking for. So, I'm asking a few questions.....1) Are there any places around, that are free/discounted? 2)Can you get any grants/scholarships for training classes? or just actual university/college classes? I'd appriciate any help that anyone can give me on this topic. Thank you very much.

Tracey

could you give me the num,ber to some of the nursing homes that provide frre classes

me1235 in Cleveland, Ohio

57 months ago

HEY CLEVELAND CLINIC OFFERS A NURSING ASSISTANT PROGRAM. you don't get an stna licence but they offer you a job, only draw back is that you have to work there a year then you are free to go and that it is only good there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

shock in Cleveland, Ohio

57 months ago

I just took my STNA exam yesterday and I know that i failed the I/O part, because our instructor told us to measure the fluids and during my skill i went to go measure the fluid and the evaluator told me i can't use it i have to eyeball it and i was way off because i wasn't trained to eyeball it. I am still waiting on my results. But in the meantime does anyone know how soon i can retake the the exam over after i failed?

Dawn in Ohio in Akron, Ohio

57 months ago

I thought I saw a comment a while back where there is an STNA program that only takes 1 week and then you have 2 days of clinicals. Does anyone in the Columbus area know of any place like that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shock in Cleveland, Ohio

57 months ago

Abed Osman, Recruiter in Columbus, Ohio said: Dear Shock,
First of all, don't assume you failed it; although the official D&S Diversified Skill Test Instructions start off by reminding the test taker that "I do not judge or evaluate your performance. I will be observing and recording whether or not you perform the steps on each of the five tasks that make up your Skill Test," keep in mind that there nonetheless exists some degree of subjectivity with respect to exactly what your evaluator observs and records--maybe your evaluator was having a "good day."
Secondly, to my knowledge you can register right away to retake the skills test--just wait to get the official results...I have a feeling you did OK.
Let me know, would you?
Abed Osman
Recruiter
btw,
I wonder why they call themselves "evaluators" when they tell you right off the bat that they don't evaluate your performance.
whatever

Yes i failed the skills part. I asked my PC about the results in told her what i did since our PI is new at teaching and I was her first class things wasn't covered correctly. Some people say i should contest it, i even told the evaluator that I wasn't trained to eyeball only to measure the fluids - i guess she wasn't having a good day with me. Oh well, next time i pass

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in Akron, Ohio

57 months ago

I will be done with my stna class on 7/17/09.. I was wondering if anyone had any good job leads.. I have sent out my resume to a bunch of places in the last two days.. Any help would be a great help.

Thanks to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zingaling09@yahoo.com in Huntsburg, Ohio

57 months ago

angela in Berea, Ohio said: hi i live in berea and i was woundering did any one know where there might be free stna traing or classes i dont have much money so i was woundering were there might be free classes thanx

hey if you want free stna classes go to pleasant lake villa in parma ohio they you free classes and you get a job after you passed the class and they pay for you to get state tested thats where i got my license from. all you need to do is keep 80% or higher for the class to pass and its only a 2 week class

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Denise Griffin in Cleveland, Ohio

56 months ago

stine43@ameritech.net in Cleveland, Ohio said: Angela there is a free STNA Classes going on at Manorah Park Nursing home get in contact with someone there I'm not sure you can talk to I found it on the internet. Up under Manorah Park .com
I am trying to get in the class also so tell me if this information is good for you Please get back in touch with if this was go news for you Good Luck and God Bless You. stine43@ameritech.net I will meet you there I hope .

i need more information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ash in Cleveland, Ohio

56 months ago

Denise Griffin in Cleveland, Ohio said: i need more information

Menorah Park is the only place that I know of on the east side of Cleveland that offers free STNA training. The next class starts October 5th. It's 3 weeks long and they give you a job and pay for your test if you pass. You need 2 letters of reference, a high school diploma or GED, pass a criminal and background check and do an interview. It's at 27100 Cedar Road in Beachwood. Their number is (2 1 6) 8 3 1-6 5 0 0. (no spaces lol)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ash in Cleveland, Ohio

56 months ago

If anyone is still looking, I know that Max Hayes offers a 5 week STNA program through their Adult and Continuing Education program. You need to have a high school diploma or GED and pass an entrance exam. The next class starts in October. It's not free, but you can get it paid for through the Workforce Investment Act (I believe that's what it's called). And you don't even have to go downtown to the Employment Connection and sit through the orientation, they process all your info up at Max Hayes. They also pay for you to take the state test, which would be held at Max Hayes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stephanie in Cleveland, Ohio

56 months ago

Tracey

trinity training academy is $525

NEED HELP! in Akron, Ohio

55 months ago

Hello, I heard of a school in downtown cleveland whre you can be a stna in just 13 days!

So even if you are from akron, its not bad deal. The class is only $450
here is the number i saw it online, 55 Erie view sute 305

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lorraine in Toledo, Ohio

55 months ago

Can I get a job doing nursing work (not in someone's home) even though I failed the wtitten part but passed the skills part? I took the course & have appropriate skills. In a nursing home or hospital? Where?

jenni in Hamilton, Ohio

55 months ago

stine43@ameritech.net in Cleveland, Ohio said: Angela there is a free STNA Classes going on at Manorah Park Nursing home get in contact with someone there I'm not sure you can talk to I found it on the internet. Up under Manorah Park .com
I am trying to get in the class also so tell me if this information is good for you Please get back in touch with if this was go news for you Good Luck and God Bless You. stine43@ameritech.net I will meet you there I hope .

yes my name is jennifer and i was wondering if you had had any luck in manorah park nursing home??? please get back to me liljenni2010@yahoo.com

Stephanie barnosky in Northampton, United Kingdom

54 months ago

Hi there i am a uk resident i have an american husband from parma living with me here on a visa i would like to return to the states with him. In the uk i am a qualified nursing assistant along with other qulaifications in Autism etc but no degree any ideas on how to apply for jobs out there and will i get a look in considering i am un the uk? I have a nvq level 3 in health & social studies, an nvq 3 in children & young people and level 2 in direct care equivlent of 3 a levels here plus various qulaifications in autism, ederly healthcare..any help would be much appreciated....thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

raerae in Cleveland, Ohio

54 months ago

Chantal in Cleveland, Ohio said: do u need your HD or GED for menorah park's class.

also try med care there classes are 475 for stna and 220 for hha (home health aid) and its right on the bus line

DO YOU HAVE # OR MORE INFO ON MED CARE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

taylorA in Cleveland, Ohio

54 months ago

CINDY in Cleveland, Ohio said: pleasant lake villa in parma, ohio has free STNA classes. There is a bus line to pleasant lake villa.

They definitely charge 455$ not free

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BlaqHQ in Cleveland, Ohio

54 months ago

contact me by email: lana@inbox.com to get things started

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BlaqHQ in Cleveland, Ohio

54 months ago

all of these agencies seem to be well overpriced, you wont make $525 in a week so they really should not charge that amount for training, trinity is too high and absolute is too high and they seem to be spamming the board as if them repeatedly reposting the same info will force people to go with them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wellington Doloson in Cleveland, Ohio

54 months ago

I AM WELLINGTON DOLOSON, A YOUNG MAN OF 23 YEARES AND HAVE CMMPLETED MY HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION AT THE ST. MARY'S CATHOLIC SCHOOL IN LIBERIA. DURING MY HIGH SCHOOL DAYS, MY AMBITION IS TO BECOME A STNA BUT DUE TO FINACIAL PROBLEM I AM UNBLE TO DO MY DREAM COUSE. I WILL BE VERY HAPPY WHEN I SEE ANY ONE THAT WILL HELP ME TO GO SCHOOL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shirl in Cleveland, Ohio

53 months ago

I had 12 years experience as as STNA and I let my certification run out because I had a back injury. Good luck with Menorah park. They gave me the run around, had me come late to fill out an application only for the jobs they have listed on their board. Then when I asked to speak with someone directly, I was told she was unavailable.oh and by the way our training class is full this month. Try again next month. They will pay for the training-after you take the class- but only for the ones they choose to hire. So, if they do not choose to hire you, then it's $475.00 payable immediatly. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shirl in Cleveland, Ohio

53 months ago

taylorA in Cleveland, Ohio said: They definitely charge 455$ not free

Yes, they charge $455

shirl in Cleveland, Ohio

53 months ago

Yesw, they charge $455.00

LONIMAY in Cleveland, Ohio

53 months ago

Lorraine in Toledo, Ohio said: Can I get a job doing nursing work (not in someone's home) even though I failed the wtitten part but passed the skills part? I took the course & have appropriate skills. In a nursing home or hospital? Where?

i SUGGEST YOU TAKE THE WRITTEN EXAM OVER, YOU CAN GET FREE PRACTICE TESTS ONLINE, AND THE COST FOR THE RETEST IS MINIMAL.

Bobbi in Wadsworth, Ohio

53 months ago

Does anyone know of any classes in the wadsworth/seville/rittman/wooster area? Thanks

SuperStar_STNA in Cleveland, Ohio

53 months ago

RebeccaGreen in Cleveland, Ohio said: 1. Is the price of the test included in the fee?
2. Do you offer the test on site?
3. Do students also have to buy scrubs or wear scrubs to class?

The site didn't give too much info.

I attended medcert and passed easily. The State fee is not included, you can wear what ever you wont to class. On your clinical days you will have to wear a Med-Cert T-Shirt for $10 to indentify to everyone that you are a student. In white scrubs wit white shoes... Give them a call they are a family own business with an excllent PC/PI she is a very wonderfully lady with lots of knowledge and here teaching skills is second to none.... You will get you money worth then some.... she also teaches as Tri-C too... so your getting a teaching with years of knowledge to help you in your career. If i can help just e-mail me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.