Transfering my CNA license to Florida from Michigan

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (33)

Jennee in Lansing, Michigan

83 months ago

How do I transfer my CNA license from Michigan to Florida?? Does anyone know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (486) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

Kell Lawson (Verner) in Fayetteville, Arkansas

83 months ago

my CNA license has expired and I want to renew it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Amber in Seffner, Florida

82 months ago

I was told in the state of Florida, if you are licensed in MI you may get a job, but have 3 months to take the Florida state CNA exam.

You may challenge the state exam, which is what I did, and get your FL license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

ms powell in West Palm Beach, Florida

79 months ago

My CNA license has expired and I want to renew it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

78 months ago

debra in Jacksonville, Florida said: thats not true as long as your license is active in the state of michigan, all you are doing is transfering it to florida. You should not be old you have to take the test again once you received your license in your on state. Now you may have to find a job and take a basic test to make sure you know what you are doing, but tha is all. If you should have a problem let me know as I mentioned before I have my own business that teaches CNA and MA skills to prepare you for the state boards.

My daughter moved from Wisconsin to West Palm Beach FL and has been having difficulty getting a job because she is not certified in FL. How can she get her cerification transfered?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Robyn johnson in Bradenton, Florida

72 months ago

I am interested in becoming a CNA in Bradenton fl. Does any one know what kind of school is involved to get my license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

yolanda moore in Jacksonville, Florida

69 months ago

Debra in Jacksonville, Florida said: call the nuring registry in tallahassee or go on line its easy. I'm a CNA and I have my own business to train CNA and MA classes.

i just move from marshalltown iowa i went threw my75 hours but i did not take the state test what can i do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ms.cathy in Clinton Township, Michigan

67 months ago

Jennee in Lansing, Michigan said: How do I transfer my CNA license from Michigan to Florida?? Does anyone know?

transfer it.have the board of whatever state you are going to call the michigan board and they can verify all your info.every state is linked to eachother

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

esther in Lake Worth, Florida

66 months ago

Jennee in Lansing, Michigan said: How do I transfer my CNA license from Michigan to Florida?? Does anyone know?

i want to trasfer mylicese from new york to florida my is esther.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KW in Saint Petersburg, Florida

66 months ago

esther in Lake Worth, Florida said: i want to trasfer mylicese from new york to florida my is esther.

This is from the State of FL web page, read the document on reciprocity (free to download.)

www.doh.state.fl.us/MQA/cna/cna_reciprocity.html

Florida Board of Nursing
Reciprocity Application for Certified Nursing Assistant
SECTION I
Instructions
Eligibility for Reciprocity
You may transfer your CNA certificate from another state to Florida if the certificate is still active and has not expired or lapsed. You are not required to take the state exam.
Your certificate must be in good standing with the other state and you will be required to have a Level II background check. A level II background check is performed by submitting a fingerprint card to the FDLE and FBI.
The FBI background check will take 2 weeks until results are received in the board office and reviewed but delays are not uncommon. You are encouraged to apply early.
You will receive a Florida CNA certificate after your out of state certificate has been verified and in good standing and your Level II background as been cleared.

it has what you need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

maryann in New York, New York

66 months ago

you cannot transfer your license,you need to be license in the state your living in,so when in florida,you take the course again

lex4reo in Stone Mountain, Georgia

65 months ago

Just contact the State in which you are transferring to (FL) and contact a board there or even a school and they will give you the info. I came from Lansing, MI as well and my daughter just has to register with the State here so her credentials will match. I wasn't certified in Michigan but had much training and experience. I needed to complete the program of 72 hours and the exam. If you are working with an agency then they will give you all the info and like my daughter transfer you. They may have an agency right in Florida. I hope that helps some.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lex4reo in Stone Mountain, Georgia

65 months ago

Debra in Jacksonville, Florida said: call the nuring registry in tallahassee or go on line its easy. I'm a CNA and I have my own business to train CNA and MA classes.

I want to start my own training classes here in Atlanta, how would I go about that

Mayvi Leiva in Atlanta, Georgia

64 months ago

How do I transfer my CNA license from Georgia to Florida??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Memphis, Tennessee

63 months ago

apply for reciprocity in the state you live in . call the board of nursing for ths state you reside and and ask for reciprocity for the state you are moving to.

thia in Cambridge, Massachusetts

59 months ago

How do I start My own CNA training program in Mass?

cherie in Kissimmee, Florida

58 months ago

debra in Jacksonville, Florida said: thats not true as long as your license is active in the state of michigan, all you are doing is transfering it to florida. You should not be old you have to take the test again once you received your license in your on state. Now you may have to find a job and take a basic test to make sure you know what you are doing, but tha is all. If you should have a problem let me know as I mentioned before I have my own business that teaches CNA and MA skills to prepare you for the state boards.

This very true I moved from MA to florida got the reciprocity app. filled it out sent cna # from MA and it was done in 20 days. no test no work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cna in Southington, Connecticut

57 months ago

Hi Debra I too would like to make the move to Jacksonville and use my CNA license from Connecticut. I should contact who in Florida to convert my license. Thank you Patrick

d,mckinney in Bradenton, Florida

55 months ago

Robyn johnson in Bradenton, Florida said: I am interested in becoming a CNA in Bradenton fl. Does any one know what kind of school is involved to get my license?

try looking up Quality health care in bradenton fl

CNA GIRL in North Port, Florida

55 months ago

Robyn johnson in Bradenton, Florida said: I am interested in becoming a CNA in Bradenton fl. Does any one know what kind of school is involved to get my license?

The community college, then take the state exam

Brenda Portis in San Jose, California

55 months ago

Find out if Florida is a walk through state(I think i'm saying that right)which means you are able to work in the state of Florida I think for 90 days while you are getting your license transfered.Also call Florida's Nursing Registration and see what process you have to go through to get it switched over.I got my license in Missouri and I've worked in Iowa,Washington State and did not have to take any other classes.It might cost to have transfered but thats it.

148 in Detroit, Michigan

54 months ago

Brenda Portis in San Jose, California said: Find out if Florida is a walk through state(I think i'm saying that right)which means you are able to work in the state of Florida I think for 90 days while you are getting your license transfered.Also call Florida's Nursing Registration and see what process you have to go through to get it switched over.I got my license in Missouri and I've worked in Iowa,Washington State and did not have to take any other classes.It might cost to have transfered but thats it.

go to www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/cna reciprocity.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Suzette in Parkville, Maryland

54 months ago

I am relocationg to Florida and want to take the CNA there. Can you please send me your info so I can contact you about classes...

Suzette in Parkville, Maryland

54 months ago

Please contact me as soon as possible.I am relocating to Florida and would love to attend your class... Thank You

issoetie in Brooklyn, New York

53 months ago

i just move to new york i would like to know how to get my license transferring,im from florida.

issoetie in Brooklyn, New York

53 months ago

i just move to new york im from fl i need to get my license transferring from florida to new york.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

A-1 Healthcare Academy in Port Richey, Florida

53 months ago

d,mckinney in Bradenton, Florida said: try looking up Quality health care in bradenton fl

You can go to a1healthcareacademy.com...they offer the med tech course, first aid, bloodborne pathogens course, Home Health Aide 75-hour certification and CNA prep class. They also have CEU credits and CPR/AED course. They will open the second week in September. They are located in New Port Richey, Fl. They offer classes almost daily; day, evening and weekend. Calling is the quickest way to get info!! Their number is 727*478*5029. The academy is owned and run by healthcare professionals with years of field experience!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joan miller in Bay City, Michigan

47 months ago

can you do if so how much time and how much for test the finger print befor you leave mich to move to fl

Sally Lemmer in Deltona, Florida

46 months ago

Yes how do I transfer it?

jackie in Berlin, Ohio

44 months ago

i am goin to be moving to florida from ohio does anybody know how i would go about transferring my cna to florida

brandy in Grand Haven, Michigan

44 months ago

I am looking at relocating with my new husband who is in the military to washington or virgina beach how do I go about transfering my CNA

Lanet in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

is my cna license good in florida if i want to transfer from lancaster, PA?

leucreshia smith in West Palm Beach, Florida

43 months ago

i am from roanoke va i have complete the nursing assistance class in va but it has been a few years coul i challenge the test in west palm beach florida

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.