how do I renew my NY CNA certificate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 62 of 62)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Julia in Endicott, New York

33 months ago

las in Buffalo, New York said: My daughter wants to get her CNA, but when she was a teen she got arrested for fighting. The charges were reduced and she was given a ACD after staying out of trouble for 6 months. Someone told her she'll never get a job in healthcare because of it. Does anyone know if that's true or where I can find any info ?

Your daughter can still cet her CNA certification but when she fills out an application for a job for CNA it will ask if your daughter has a criminal history and she should answer yes. She will have to explain what had happend on that day and the incident that occured. That person who told you that your daughter will never get a job in a healthcare facility is a liar. It is wrong and it is a bad advice do not believe what the person has said to you. She can still work but she cannot lie on her job application as a certified nursing assistant or any kind of job that she gets.

Thanks,

Julia D.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Julia in Endicott, New York

33 months ago

Julia in Endicott, New York said: Your daughter can still cet her CNA certification but when she fills out an application for a job for CNA it will ask if your daughter has a criminal history and she should answer yes. She will have to explain what had happend on that day and the incident that occured. That person who told you that your daughter will never get a job in a healthcare facility is a liar. It is wrong and it is a bad advice do not believe what the person has said to you. She can still work but she cannot lie on her job application as a certified nursing assistant or any kind of job that she gets.

Thanks,

Julia D.

go to www.prometric.com/nycna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Julie Ann in South Gibson, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

registry.prometric.com/
That is the website for all states registry for cnas it has all the numbers and addressees to call and write to check status and date you received and any convictions you have. If u have questions about renewing or switching to a different state call the state you are registered in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ziyadah amatul-matin in New York, New York

32 months ago

charmaine in Bronx, New York said: my cna certification expire in october 2010 how can I get it renew

i typed in my name

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Swell25 in Rochester, New York

30 months ago

Felisha in Avon, New York said: I was a CNA in NYS for about a year when I moved to South Carolina and had my CNA transferred to that state, but I never ended up using it. I'm living back in NYS and would like to figure out how to recertify my NYS CNA certificate. I've been working privately as a HHA, but I feel I can make more money if I provide a valid copy of my CNA. Does anyone know who I can contact about this? Please e-mail me at hotdice@ymail.com

Thanks!

hey go to the prometric site and re- register by doing route 6 because your were already certified you lapsed and need to do the clinical& written over $115 is the fee. I just did last month because i moved to Florida and let mines lapse but now im in NYS again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dave in Schenectady, New York

23 months ago

my CNA expired in june of this year, i called the employer where i recieved my cna cert, several times however they never called me back so i can renew. what can i do and how do i go about this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

julia in Endicott, New York

23 months ago

do you have the number you can also go to their website for new york state here is the website www.prometric.com/nurseaide tell them about your cna certificate expired. because it expired of june of this year and you might have to take the course again and training to become certified again. because it expired of june of this year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

julia in Endicott, New York

23 months ago

Cyndi in Mayville, New York said: How do I renew my NY CNA certificate. We just recently moved and the box with my certificate came up missing. But I know it expires in Apri; is there a web site I came go on or who I can notify to renew it. It would be greatly appreciated. For I would like to continue my workin the CNA field. Since my youngest was born 5 months ago i'm going crazy being couped up in the house I really need to get a job and this was something that I really enjoyed before he was born thanks again
Cyndi Szymo

go to www.prometric.com/nurseaide it will tell you what to do next. you might have to take the class again to re-train for the course to become certified again and you have to take the test at the end of the cna course/ny

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lorraine96.dg@gmail.com in Chattanooga, Tennessee

15 months ago

My name is Karen Green i was in NC. taking of my mom
who had a stroke. I could not remember my mom
i could not remember my my recertification date
and it expired on march 31 2013. Do i have a grace
period for recertifing my cna certificate?

w

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

alicesm in New York City

14 months ago

lorraine96.dg@gmail.com in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: My name is Karen Green i was in NC. taking of my mom
who had a stroke. I could not remember my mom
i could not remember my my recertification date
and it expired on march 31 2013. Do i have a grace
period for recertifing my cna certificate? what do
i need to change it to another state being its only
expired 9 days ago

w

To renew the certificate you need to work as a CNA in past 24 months. If you did this, you can fill Nurses Aide Registry Renewal Form to fill your information. But if you have not worked in past 24 months you can still renew your certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

lorraine96.dg@gmail.com in Marietta, Georgia

8 months ago

Can't download the certified nurse assistant form for reciprocity. In GA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mariekla23@gmail , in Buffalo, New York

11 days ago

where can I get my certicate renewed in buffalo ny ineed to be recertifided my certificate wsa good until 01/023/14any help in this matter I would like to do whatever needs to be done asap thank you for any help inthis matter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.