free training for STNA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 456)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

shirley in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

Thank - You I did call them and I dont meet the income guide lines and I can not afford the class.I still holding on to the hope of finding something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Canton, Ohio

81 months ago

There is no such thing as "free"! ALL health care providors are in BUSINESS to make money, mostly for investers, administrators, managers etc. As I have posted previously, many long term care facilities will employ you and "pay" for the STNA / CNA training and can work you 6 months in Ohio in the position requiring an STNA certification after you take the courses but before passing the state testing. The best thing to do is become an aide in an assisted living facility that will work with you and believe me, they are screaming for aids. I have seen wages go up by more than a dollar an hour because of the need, just in the past 6 months. Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Canton, Ohio

81 months ago

And another thing! check with STNA's you know, how did they get their training, what would they do differently, how do they like their workplace, how are they treated where they work? The charge nurse, usually an LPN, sets the tone for the entire ward/wing you are working on. I work agency and have had some great shifts and horrific shifts, it's teamwork and some people want to be a one man/woman show. It doesn't work well that way, the resident, client, patient is #1 but I've come across people in the field that should not be here. Peace, JIm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Canton, Ohio

81 months ago

By the way Roy, do you work for the American Red Cross?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Royking@adelphia.net in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

There is no such thing as "free"! ALL health care providors are in BUSINESS to make money, mostly for investers, administrators, managers etc. As I have posted previously, many long term care facilities will employ you and "pay" for the STNA / CNA training and can work you 6 months in Ohio in the position requiring an STNA certification after you take the courses but before passing the state testing. The best thing to do is become an aide in an assisted living facility that will work with you and believe me, they are screaming for aids. I have seen wages go up by more than a dollar an hour because of the need, just in the past 6 months. Jim

Tanzie in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

I haven't found me a job yet and I don't have the money for STNA training but if you know anyone who can help in that Direction PLEASE let me know!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Canton, Ohio

81 months ago

Tanzie in Columbus, Ohio said: I haven't found me a job yet and I don't have the money for STNA training but if you know anyone who can help in that Direction PLEASE let me know!!!

Tanzie, call around to nursing homes that have work available in laundry, housekeeping, activities etc. Get your foot in the door and go from there. More people are getting "old" every day and with baby boomers coming on, the need will only be massive. Peace, Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Penny H in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

I really need to know if there is anyone out there who could help me out on this..... I have sign up to take STNA classes in April.[I'm bitting the bullet and paying, which will be hard for me] so I have been calling nursing home, ass. living places ect. to see about working for them as a STNA/CNA and have found out that these places ONLY pay $7.50 to $8.00 dallors an hour.... my question is... why would I pay $600.00 + to go to school so I can go to work as a CNA for only $7.50 an hour?
This is what I thought I wanted to do with my life. helping people,doing some good. but I can make more money flipping burgers at Mcdonalds or being a maid cleaning people homes. is this why there is so many turn over in this job because you can make more money cleaning homes than taking care of people?
my heart was crushed....now I don't know what to do... should I still go to school and get this degree, or look somewhee else?
I'm so lose now and will be very happy to hear from anyone who can give me any good advice....Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Canton, Ohio

81 months ago

Penny H in Columbus, Ohio said: I really need to know if there is anyone out there who could help me out on this..... I have sign up to take STNA classes in April.[I'm bitting the bullet and paying, which will be hard for me] so I have been calling nursing home, ass. living places ect. to see about working for them as a STNA/CNA and have found out that these places ONLY pay $7.50 to $8.00 dallors an hour.... my question is... why would I pay $600.00 + to go to school so I can go to work as a CNA for only $7.50 an hour?
This is what I thought I wanted to do with my life. helping people,doing some good. but I can make more money flipping burgers at Mcdonalds or being a maid cleaning people homes. is this why there is so many turn over in this job because you can make more money cleaning homes than taking care of people?
my heart was crushed....now I don't know what to do... should I still go to school and get this degree, or look somewhee else?
I'm so lose now and will be very happy to hear from anyone who can give me any good advice....Thank you

Penny H,I am an STNA and work for two different staffing agencies. You can make a fairly decent wage compared to "in house" aids. You do not make near what they charge the client for your services. It's a great way to make some money and gain some fantastic experience. I am working with MRDD clients now and if this works I will NEVER go back to wipeing old, fat peoples butts while they pee themselves and then when you're done they try to spit on you, bite you, or kick you. Good luck and Peace.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

asondra in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

latasha james in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am currently searching for STNA classes in cleveland ohio willing to travel for the classes.

I am also interested in stna classes for free training i live in euclid i'm looking for evening classes only.

Penny H in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

Jim, could you tell me what is a MRDD and how do you find these clients? I'm still trying to debate rather or not to spend the money to get train as a STNA. I'm sure that someplace out there pays more than the low pay. maybe I ought to go to a staffing agency before giving up on. thanks for your help.

Jim in Canton, Ohio

81 months ago

Penny H in Columbus, Ohio said: Jim, could you tell me what is a MRDD and how do you find these clients? I'm still trying to debate rather or not to spend the money to get train as a STNA. I'm sure that someplace out there pays more than the low pay. maybe I ought to go to a staffing agency before giving up on. thanks for your help.

Glad to be of help Penny H, MRDD stands for mentally retarded / developmentally disabled. The pay is right around what you report for starting STNA and the turnover is also high but you don't need certification as an STNA to work in the field. A delegated nursing certification is valuable. It allows you to pass meds, even schedule II [narcotics]. Look in the newspaper ads for jobs helping people with disabilities. Let me know @ jjjenkins@neo.rr.com if you have any other questions or concerns. Peace, Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

metchelyn baker in mansfield, Ohio

81 months ago

im looking STNA job in mansfield ohio area...thanks

81 months ago

Penny H in Columbus, Ohio said: Jim, could you tell me what is a MRDD and how do you find these clients? I'm still trying to debate rather or not to spend the money to get train as a STNA. I'm sure that someplace out there pays more than the low pay. maybe I ought to go to a staffing agency before giving up on. thanks for your help.

Check with your local Red Cross chapter. If you meet the federal poverty guidelines (detailed on their website) you may qualify for free STNA training. You need to attend an orientation seminar FIRST, (dates & time are on their site as well) and bring proof of income/assistance, your driver's license/state ID, birth certificate, proof of dependants/child support, etc. to see if you qualify for the free training. Hope this helps.

Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mildred L Ellis in Cincinnati, Ohio

81 months ago

I work at Sunrise Assisted Living at Finneytown on Winton Rd. I inform them that I was stna and would they send all my information to the state of ohio to inform you that I still working in the felid and they told me they do, but when the end of the year came of 2007 I was told they don't deal with the state that I would have send information to you myself. My inserver was on put out fire with a fire exgushair, we did on residents rights, OSHA,Their dieting. can you please mail me a letter on what I need to do to keep my certfication as a stna. I try calling but I get busy sound.My address is 3235 WestBrook Drive apt 10 Cincinnati ohio 45238

Harriet in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

Jim in Canton, Ohio said: Penny H,I am an STNA and work for two different staffing agencies. You can make a fairly decent wage compared to "in house" aids. You do not make near what they charge the client for your services. It's a great way to make some money and gain some fantastic experience. I am working with MRDD clients now and if this works I will NEVER go back to wipeing old, fat peoples butts while they pee themselves and then when you're done they try to spit on you, bite you, or kick you. Good luck and Peace.

I am looking into STNA. What is MRDD?

Jim in Canton, Ohio

81 months ago

Harriet in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am looking into STNA. What is MRDD?

MRDD Mental Retardation and Developemental Disabilities
Ohio Burea of.

Harriet in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

Where or how do you find jobs with MRDD? Do you need to be a STNA or medical assistant.
Thank you for your response.

Jim in Canton, Ohio

81 months ago

Check the newspaper for "adult care" or care for people /w disabilities. Look in the yellow pages and call your local government MRDD office and ask. You don't need any certification, they will provide training. A medical background is beneficial and in Ohio there is something called "delegated nursing" which is training that will certify you to pass medications including controlled substances in the MRDD field under the direction of an RN or LPN. That doesn't mean with the nurse over your shoulder, My nurse reviews the MARs for documentation every month or at random times. You mess up, your certification is pulled pending retraining, keep messing up you're done. It is her priofessional lecense on the line. Hope this helps, good luck. jjjenkins@neo.rr.com

Kimberly in southern ohio in Spring Valley, Illinois

81 months ago

metchelyn baker in mansfield, Ohio said: im metchelyn from mansfield ohio im looking a free training classes for STNA in nursing hme that near with my place?? thanks

I noticed you ad and would suggest that you contact nursing homes as they always offer free stna training also if you have a community action organization in your area thay also offer free training.
Good Luck to you.

leslie in Laurel, Maryland

81 months ago

cherisa in Silver Spring, Maryland said: i am in the silverspring,md i jus wanted to know what places offer free nurse training

let me know if u find out any free nursing training cos i'm also looking

Cynthia in Akron, Ohio

81 months ago

I am looking for any places that will give free STNA classes. But no luck. If anyone has any information for me please contact me back. Thank you so much!

T WONE in Columbus, Ohio

80 months ago

Tanzie in Columbus, Ohio said: I haven't found me a job yet and I don't have the money for STNA training but if you know anyone who can help in that Direction PLEASE let me know!!!

HELLO, I DO KNOW OF TWO PLACES BUT THERE ARE REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE FUNDING TO PAY FOR THE STNA COURSE. CONTACT JUDY BALDWIN @614 559-5158 ALSO YOU CAN CALL THE COLUMBUS PUBLIC SCHOOLS ADULT AND COMMUNITY EDUCATION @365-6000 EXT. 243 GOOD LUCK!

thatmilkmaid@gmail.com in Lakewood, Ohio

80 months ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs - nursing centers or other wise that did the free training/testing. Thank you.

liberty in Chatham, Louisiana

80 months ago

I have been a CNA before but it has been a few years . what do i need to do? Is my certificate still good from 1995?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

joy in Cleveland, Ohio

80 months ago

T WONE in Columbus, Ohio said: HELLO, I DO KNOW OF TWO PLACES BUT THERE ARE REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE FUNDING TO PAY FOR THE STNA COURSE. CONTACT JUDY BALDWIN @614 559-5158 ALSO YOU CAN CALL THE COLUMBUS PUBLIC SCHOOLS ADULT AND COMMUNITY EDUCATION @365-6000 EXT. 243 GOOD LUCK!

Menorah park in Beachwood has a free Stna training program, the program lasts three weeks
the number is 216-831-6500. Next class 3/24/08.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

joy in Cleveland, Ohio

80 months ago

MEMORY CALLOWAY in Cleveland, Ohio said: I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A FREE HOMEHEALTH AIDE COURSE FOR A WHILE NOW. IF ANYONE OUT THERE CAN GUIDE ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW.I WILL GLADLY APPRECIATE IT . THANKS

willcare in Euclid, has a two week program, for free.

Marion

80 months ago

MEMORY CALLOWAY in Cleveland, Ohio said: I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A FREE HOMEHEALTH AIDE COURSE FOR A WHILE NOW. IF ANYONE OUT THERE CAN GUIDE ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW.I WILL GLADLY APPRECIATE IT . THANKS

You can get free classes by going to Carestar.com

Theetruthseeker@aol.com

Sue in Marion, Ohio

80 months ago

Hi I am still looking for STNA classes in marion or deleware...Any body out there have any sugestions???

Aqua Blu in Cleveland, Ohio

80 months ago

Royking@adelphia.net in Cleveland, Ohio said: have found a few leads.Some hospitals are offering the stna programs as well as some nursing homes .The job market here in cleveland is very bad.Here is a list of places here in the cleveland area that I have found.The Americian Red Cross,they have payment options,Parma Hospital,Pleasent lake villa,menorah nursing home.Anna Maria of Aurora....sometimes if you volunteer at a hospital this may help.I hope that you find a stna training program in your area ....good luck.

Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply

Go to pleasant lake villa, classes are free they are 12 days and its free as long as you pass the class with a daily 80% average and be on time 7-330 m-f and you'll make it. Aqua Blu Garfield OH

Cheryl Brent in Akron, Ohio

80 months ago

Would like to know when and where the classes will take place.

Cheryl Brent in Akron, Ohio

80 months ago

Would like to know if their are any free STNA classes in the Akron area, an if so when an where.

Cherae Daniel in Cleveland, Ohio

80 months ago

Jason Brewer in Cleveland, Ohio said: Whats Up Guys I Am Lookin for free stna classes in cleveland ohio. Does Any of u kow where i can find this training? Hit me Back if you do thank u

Red cross offers free stna training for single parents that have low income. The program is through Berea's Childrens home. Call Red Cross located on Euclid for more information on how to attend an orientation.

Also Menorah Park nursing home offers free stna training as well just go to menorahpark.org to fill out an application or visit in person.

tweewady@sbcglobal.net in Youngstown, Ohio

80 months ago

looking for stna classes in youngstown/salem ohio area

Mona Jewett in Ashtabula, Ohio

80 months ago

I'm looking for a STNA class because I have a job lined up, but I need in STNA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rosalind MCGRAW in YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio

80 months ago

I'M LOOKING FOR CLASSES THAT I CAN WORK AROUND MY JOB AND FREE IF I CAN

80 months ago

LOOKING FOR CLASSES THAT WILL WORK AROUND MY JOB I WORK 3-11 AND WISH THEY CAN BE FREE YOUNGSTOWN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cherae Daniel in Cleveland, Ohio

80 months ago

red cross has classes call for orientation dates

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia in Akron, Ohio

79 months ago

Cherae Daniel you posted a comment saying red cross has classes. My question is do you know if the red cross in Akron, Ohio has them also?? Please write me back asap.
thank you so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

thanks let me know if anything closer to youngstown. now i have another question is a stna and a pca alike, if you are a pca can you just take the test without taking the classes.at lccc learning center it say's a stna which is an interchargeable title with a pca Patient care assistant. let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl in Akron, Ohio

79 months ago

Stil wanting to know if they is any free STNA classes in Akron if so can any one let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl in Akron, Ohio

79 months ago

Still look, and wanting to know if any one knows if their are any free STNA classes in Akron OH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Go figure, Only people in other city have that option availible.
Maybe you should call, for more info. You think!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Canton, Ohio

79 months ago

Start by checking with the local State of Ohio Employment services office. Next call nursing homes, long term care facilities and home care agencies. They will be able to help direct you towards places that will train you, get you certified and work out a program for you to work off the cost of training or set up some type of payment program. STNA's are in great demand and will only be needed more as we all age. You may want to look at "handicapped" or MRDD providers too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CMARIEB4U in Akron, Ohio

79 months ago

Masion Aine Is doing free classes starting this month thier num. is 330-688-1188

CMARIEB4U in Akron, Ohio

79 months ago

Masion Aine is taking free classes this month thier num. is 330-688-1188

Jessica in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

Hi my name is Jessica I am looking for free stna classes in Cleveland,Ohio or even if it cost money just a nursing home that will do it or somewhere else so that I don't have to traval far or attend school I need to work still and can't afford to travel far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dawn in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

Jason Brewer in Cleveland, Ohio said: Whats Up Guys I Am Lookin for free stna classes in cleveland ohio. Does Any of u kow where i can find this training? Hit me Back if you do thank u

jason there is a place called stna programs in cleveland there are about 5 places listed only 2 will pay you for your training.hope this is helpful for you. good luck dawn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pinky in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

Hi Dawn where do i find this place called stna programs, can you help me out thak you so very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

pinky in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

dawn in Cleveland, Ohio said: jason there is a place called stna programs in cleveland there are about 5 places listed only 2 will pay you for your training.hope this is helpful for you. good luck dawn

can you please tell me where i can find stna programs thank you .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.