Comments (151 to 200 of 289)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

msajtc in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

i need a number to retrieve my cna number. i was certified in ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tmcbride in Helena, Montana

58 months ago

Lisa in Richmond, Virginia said: I am a certified Nurse assistant and I would like to get my licence so I can work in a nursinghome how do I go about getting it without taking the class all over again

you can chalange the test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DesAlln in Thibodaux, Louisiana

58 months ago

I need my cna license number, because im applying for a job online, can you please help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DesAlln in Thibodaux, Louisiana

58 months ago

hello on behalf of my wife in need to find out how does she go about getting her cna license number so that she make go too work, can you please help her.

lacry76 in Hartford, Connecticut

57 months ago

go to your states cna registry and look up by your name or social

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wanny

56 months ago

kimmcphetridge in Garland, Texas said: you dont know what your talking about so dont comment on something you know nothing about,besides they toojk my license only because my lawyer told me to plea guilty so i did if i would of pleaded no contest i still would have my license and i will get it back because i have the number one guy on my side GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he knows i didnt hurt nobody so if you dont know what your talking about keep it to youself.people makes mistakes and learns from them.!!!!!!!!![/QUO

Hello i was in a simililar situation where i had a patient lie on me. I was a CNA for 17 years and never had been in trouble until i worked for this certain nursing home.They took my license over a lie because a patient was mad and had done this to other aids before,they know they can do this so they use this to their advantage. What people fail to realize is that even thpugh they are patients doesnt mean that they dont lie on people to get them in trouble. Where are the people to tkae up for aids that face this situation. I am in the process of trying to get my license back what you have to do is take the course all over again and when they deny your license you go back to court all over again try it. God bless and good luck because it happe to me and i a innocent. I was one of the best aids there were. I had a patient tell me aods like you make me want to live another day and i just cried. My heart was in that profession God gave me that gift. I had dreams of oneday owning a business helping abused children and i was in college to become a RN and it was all taken away over a lie. Where are the people to fight for us. This is showing us once we get our degrees from college we need to form somthing to help CNAs that face this situation since we have been through this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wanny

56 months ago

Hello i was in a simililar situation where i had a patient lie on me. I was a CNA for 17 years and never had been in trouble until i worked for this certain nursing home.They took my license over a lie because a patient was mad and had done this to other aids before,they know they can do this so they use this to their advantage. What people fail to realize is that even thpugh they are patients doesnt mean that they dont lie on people to get them in trouble. Where are the people to tkae up for aids that face this situation. I am in the process of trying to get my license back what you have to do is take the course all over again and when they deny your license you go back to court all over again try it. God bless and good luck because it happe to me and i a innocent. I was one of the best aids there were. I had a patient tell me aods like you make me want to live another day and i just cried. My heart was in that profession God gave me that gift. I had dreams of oneday owning a business helping abused children and i was in college to become a RN and it was all taken away over a lie. Where are the people to fight for us. This is showing us once we get our degrees from college we need to form somthing to help CNAs that face this situation since we have been through this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bunnyluvlives in California

56 months ago

maria ibarra in Fullerton, California said: what web site do i go to retrive it?

if you are a certified nursing assistant aka CNA you do not have a license, you are only certified. You have a certification number only-hence "CERTIFIED nursing assistant". Your number is not a license. Only the licensed trained professionals have a license number i.e. LVN, RN. P.A., Dr. ect. The state certified trained professionals have a certification number i.e. certified nursing ASSISTANT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

crystal in Brunswick, Georgia

56 months ago

i dont know who keeps sending messages to my email that is so rude but plz stop. i lost my c.n.a. license because i didnt use them for 12 years. not because i was abusing the patients. so plz stop sending me the messages

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

valeriebaltzell in mountain home, Arkansas

56 months ago

i let my cna expire 06/06/2009 can i renew it or do i have to start over

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

O Boy, you will have to retest and recert. Call your states public health dept. to find the correct office and see what they can do for you.

want to get my welding certs back in El Segundo, California

56 months ago

CYNTHIA HEROUX in Providence, Rhode Island said: I NEED TO KNOW MY LICENCE NUMBER , I LOST MY WALLET AND NEED IT FOR A JOB INTEVIEW AND I DONT KNOW THE NUMBER MY ADDRESS IS 20 QUINTON AVE SOUTH ATTLEBORO MASS IS THERE A WEB SITE TI GO TO TO FIND OUT ?

this sounds a little like ID theft.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

LYDIA MITCHELL in Staten Island, New York said: I AM NOT WORKING IN THE NURSING HOME ANY MORE SO I LOST MY LICENSE.

Dear Lydia, what you lost was your certification. CNA' are certified, not licensed. Your certification comes from the state you were certified in, not from the facility you worked at. Every state calls the office of certification something different, but close to this title. Research online your states public health office of nurse assistant certification. Give them the number from your certification, and they can verify your certification number that you earned through your states training prgram and certification testing. No matter where you work in your state, your certification number belongs to you, like a driver permit or any other state granted documentation. It is your certification number that stays with you forever as long as you keep up your CEU's, thats why they call you a CNA, certified nurse assistant. Good luck friend girl!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

elizd in Van Nuys, California

56 months ago

hey peoople i need some help!!! i renewed my cna license so i have it til 2012 im sure.. but i lost the certificate!! i only have my old one thats expired.. i need to find a way to get my new license!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I dont know what you know, forgive me if I speak to simple:
HHA's working under their certification as a nursing assistant still must do the things it takes to maintain their current status as certified. CNA is YOUR title. As nurse assistant you are certified not licensed. It is very different and not a license. You have to keep up with your c.e.u.'s to maintain the certification number written on your certification paper. The certification number never changes, even if you do not keep up with your training and your certification lapses, and then you train/retest again, all your info is on that same number, though you just renewed your certification. Your certification number does not change. That is how the state monitors your activities as a nurse assistant who is certified by that state. A CNA doesnt get new numbers every time their (C)NA status changes. Your whole life on planet earth, in that state, as a certified nurse assistant, will remain under that original number. HHA activies or any other employment with your certification number does not keep your CEU's current. YOU have to go to C.continuing E.education U.unit classes, thats what CEU means, to maintain your certification number. Different states have different grace periods. Catch up on your CEU's, they are your responsibility to maintain. Your employer is not responsible to maintain them. If you work at a SNF or other places that offer CEU's, it is still your responsibility to know how many CEU's you have accrued, and how many you need to maintain your certificaton. Again, your certification number does not lapse, it is your current certification status that will expire, which demonstrates to your employers and your state board that you are current in your training and valid/legal to work in that state under that certification number. Take a deep breath, relax youself so you can think-and keep plugging away..no shame- we are all learning, and friend-NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!

N

twilightgirl22@yahoo.com in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

56 months ago

if i have my c.n.a in iowa do i need to retake the test to work in california

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

most states will transfer for you and alot times the facility your going to work at will do it for you

needinfo in Norfolk, Virginia

56 months ago

deb in Asheville, North Carolina said: • You are still on probation, parole, or incarcerated.

• Your victim was an elderly or disabled person.

• You have several (more than two) similar crimes in the last five years.

• You have several violent crimes in the last five years.

• Your crime is any type of murder or sexual assault.

• You have less than two years clean and sober.

A waiver may be granted if:

• You have paid all your court fines and have satisfactorily completed probation.

• You only had a few (less than three) convictions more that 5 years ago.

• You have a single non-violent crime in the last 5 years.

• You have more than two years clean and sober.

Again, this is not meant to discourage you. There is a need for responsible, hard working and caring nurse’s aides. However, it would

be a shame if you invested the time, work and money in a nurse’s aide class and then you were unable to get a job.

If you have a conviction, it is recommended that you discuss the issue privately with your instructor before the next class meeting.

Crimes that disqualify (That means that you can not work as a CNA with these convictions) you from working as a nurse’s aide (these

include both misdemeanors or felonies):

• Battery, domestic battery

• Assault

• Theft

• Retail theft

• Robbery, armed robbery, aggravated robbery

• Burglary, residential burglary

• Armed violence

• Criminal trespass to a residence

Financial exploitation of an elderly or disabled person

• Murder, homicide, manslaughter

• Kidnapping, child abduction

• Unlawful restraint, forcible detention

• Indecent solicitation of a child, sexual exploitation of a child

• Tampering with food, drugs, or cosmetics

• Aggravated stalking

• Home invasion

• Sexual assault, sexual abuse

• Endangering the life or health of a child

if i have a misd. assualt 5 yrs. old i wont be able to qwork as a cna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kb ill in Belleville, Illinois

56 months ago

i was fired from my last job as a cashier at a gas station. im on unemployment now will this stop me from getting my cna certificate? my drawer was short which i was set up... i have no convictions.

56 months ago

it shouldnt unless you got arrested and prosecuted

ninawalker in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

SUSAN DIAS in Spring Hill, Florida said: what web site do i go to retrive my certication. I am already certified but lost my card

well when you find out please let me know ok thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

If well if you find out please let me know because i also lost mine to and yea i am certified thank you.

angela tezeno in Port Arthur, Texas

55 months ago

hi my name is angelatezeno@yahoo.com i lost my cna licence an i need a new one

55 months ago

i need a new license

dorothy in Jackson, Mississippi

55 months ago

I am a cna in kan 1992 i get a Exploitation on my cert. in there any thing in can do to repair my cert.

ginny manley in Richmond, Virginia

55 months ago

carrie in norfolk:
if the board of nursing suspended your license, they found just cause according to all those codes they have......this sounds like a type of negligence .....weather you were actually at faut or not, its not for me to say, i dont know the whole story, but whta you post in the forum is why i went on to become a med tech......its so easy for accidents fault or not at fault, to happen in nursing home......hey i got reprimanded for verbal abuse.

muffi3 in North Port, Florida

55 months ago

my cna cert. is on probation for unethical billing can i still get a job as a cna i mean do nursing homes hire ppl with such things on there cna cert.

55 months ago

ive never heard of such a charge, but im in virginia, all our are cut and dry........does this relate to money between you and a resident? and you say probation, when was the last time you workked as a cna as how long is this'' probation''......here in va, if you use profanity towards a resident even byu accident, its concideres verbal abuse.......if a resident ask you to go to the lobby to make a purchase for them.....they can say theft and it will be grounds for suspnsion for up to 5yrs here in va........our laws here are cut dry as far as elder caRE, thats why im trying to relocate......the lady is now dead, and its still hindering.....but it sounds like you may still be able to work, but it depends on the facilities law in your state......they still dont have to hire you even after all is restored to you from the board of nursing

muffi3 in North Port, Florida

55 months ago

I was working for a couple private duty the wifes family wanted us to go thru agency so i did and the husband payed the diff because agency didn't pay as much as i was making working for the couple and this is how they have always paid their care givers but the state of florida says its unethical the probation is for two years i have to be working as a cna or the probation is tolled i have to work in a facility cant do agency/private duty and have to send in reports to the state nursing board every 3 months

55 months ago

well in this case, yes you have a good chance of getting your license back after the probationary period, but being that its a monetary situation, im not real sure, but here in va, its just as bad as stealing.......you may like stated previously, you do have a good chance of working as a cna again, but depends on the facility policies on situations like yours......i cant work in the state of va as a cna , but i can as a med tech in assisted living facilities....even after 18yrs, and the person had been dead over 8yrs.

55 months ago

My license didnt get suspended i lost my c.n.a license do to me moving somewhere else.I just needed to get another copy of them.

Margarita Raices in Cicero, Illinois

55 months ago

I need to know how I can get my CNA crtificate back I lost my certificate I have it in a frame please let me know what can I do next
Maggeiraices@yahoo.com

Megan Blair in Portage, Indiana

54 months ago

Can you please help me I've lost my CNA Lic and wanting to start another job with in the next couple of days

Thank you
Megan

Tolissa

54 months ago

maria ibarra in Fullerton, California said: what web site do i go to retrive it?
I am trying to obtain my cna license#. Can you send me that info?

Leah in Mc Farland, Wisconsin

54 months ago

carrie in Norfolk, Nebraska said: I lost my cna do to a accident that happened at my previous job and a lady fell and broke her hip i am just wondering if I lost it for good or maybe someday down the road I could get it back and if there was way to fight to keep it if you can anwser these questions please do if not that will all right

Can Someone Please Email Me and let me know... I took and passed the CNA class two years.. I never went to get my license. I was going to now... come to find out.. I only had one year to do so.. and can't now.. I would have to re take the course. I want to go to LPN school... and I know.. for RN they require you to have taken the CNA course and I did. I am not sure about LPN... would it matter how long ago? I know the schools dont require your to be licensed.. they just want the certificate/to know you went. Does it matter how long ago? I don't want to repeat that class.. Uggghs

Stacccc in Fresno, California

54 months ago

To retrieve your CNA Certified numbe. Just go onto your nurse registry online dependind where you're located your state should have it and you just give them your social security number instead if your don't have your cna number. Most likely you might haveto send a letter to them which will show you on the website how to write in such format of info that you want them to send to you.

steph in La Center, Washington

54 months ago

carrie in Norfolk, Nebraska said: I lost my cna do to a accident that happened at my previous job and a lady fell and broke her hip i am just wondering if I lost it for good or maybe someday down the road I could get it back and if there was way to fight to keep it if you can anwser these questions please do if not that will all right

If you lost your job due to an accident meaning neglagence on your behalf or abuse,etc you will never be able to get your lisence back! Once the Board of nursing is notified of incodences like that they investigate and if they feel that u did something wrong and that happend on your shift it is on your record permanent. You can usually look up your cna lisence # and find out all the info on what they put it as.

teresa in Louisburg, North Carolina

53 months ago

ok it has been ten years and I went though all the hearings and was stated that I abused a elerly person so the board of nursing what now????

Ruthie in Columbia, Tennessee

53 months ago

If you abused an elderly person you will never get your license
back... I agree that you should not be allowed to work with the elderly if you can't control your emotions.. Do you also kick
dogs and beat children??????

john.snyder64@yahoo.com in Phoenix, Arizona

53 months ago

If you did abuse an elderly person I hope you never work again in the field.

stephinimbeaver@yahoo.com in Bishop, California

53 months ago

i didnt abuse anyone. i leterally lost my license. i need to renew and dont have my license number....its just paper work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Penelopecarter33 in Grants Pass, Oregon

53 months ago

Will a misdemeanor assualt Four preclude me from obtaing certification in Oregon?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cookie24 in North Tonawanda, New York

53 months ago

Just a question... i got a misdemeanor b for petit larceny can i still work as a cna?? please someone let me know

53 months ago

You can bet on it. Any form of domestick violence, The board does not look kindly on any form of violence.

53 months ago

Maria I Gauna in Fresno, California said: Hi~ I loss my certificate and a need to get it back,is been one year since I don't work as a cna. I need to go back to work and I need my certificate active.can you please let me know what do I need to do to get it back? thank you, Maria Gauna

Work in a group home setting where hands on is not required, You need to do this for 160 hrs. 1 month. Or take the class over. 1000 dollaRS.

53 months ago

I made an error, I said where hands on is not required, I meant to say where certification is not required. Get hired in a group home where Certification is not required but you can prove to the board 160 hrs. of hands on and they should give your C back without any problem. I am doing the same thing right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Islacy in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

I have been a cna in NY state since 1991 or 1992 and I need verification of this. How do I go about to get the information?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

i need to know if i'm still cerity

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Minky in El Monte, California

53 months ago

SUSAN DIAS in Spring Hill, Florida said: what web site do i go to retrive my certication. I am already certified but lost my card

go to: www.ca.gov then look under lic.#'s on the far left ion listing just slowly look at the list then you will see it there? Right then then you can put my name or lic.# INPUT it in that's right then it will show if you are up to date in your lic.# or not then if not you can mail them the money order then mail to the address they give you with postal stamp then you are on your the process to have what you need to be mail back to you in and about 2 to 4 weeks. I would do this ASP.

minky pinky in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

ERICA ROBERTS said: I, AM a La. CNA I AM TRYING TO GET MY LICIENCE CHANGE OVER TO MS. BUT THERE IS NO RESPONE
NO ONES KNOW WHO IS WHO I AM ALREADY CERTIFY
PLEASE HELP

THANKS ERICA,

Hello there certifed C.N.A. I hear you and just to let you know go to: www.ca.gov when you got to this look to your far left look up lic. then to put in your name or lic.# then will give all the info. you need and you can find out in other states as well.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.