Are there any Certified Nurse Aide Training classes in Dallas Fort Worth area

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 231)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Tammynr in Fort Worth, Texas

87 months ago

Please tell me if there are for free or at cost.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

I have a phone number that you can call and they will send you a list of schools for the Dallas and Fort Worth area. The number is 512-438-2017 and you can also go to www.dads.state.tx.us

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Thank you so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Flower Mound, Texas

85 months ago

Carol Muhammad in Dallas, Texas said: it is also $425.00.

Hey Carol, can you provide any other details about the Tarrant County College course for CNA-hopefuls?

Thanks,
Pat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Carol Stream, Illinois

85 months ago

I'm planning to go for CNA class next semester.Is anyone there can tell me how easy or difficult would be? Do you they give you a lot of written long essay which i'm afraid about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

No it is all just common knowledge. example... Do you hold your hands up or down when washing them? That Is on the test...lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carol Muhammad in Fort Worth, Texas

85 months ago

Karen in Carol Stream, Illinois said: I'm planning to go for CNA class next semester.Is anyone there can tell me how easy or difficult would be? Do you they give you a lot of written long essay which i'm afraid about.

Hello Karen, KI cant give you any information on the cna test becuse I have not taken it. But, i hope it does not have essays. This isbout taking care of patients and assisting the nurses and doctors. Don't be afraid if we have to write them they will teach us or have lectures on what we are to write about and there will be help for us. we can do this o.k.?

85 months ago

Now a days everytime you go to school for Cna they ask you to make a long essay which is 6 or more paharagraphs about the topic they given you.Need to be inteligent and well organized.

85 months ago

Thanks Karen, I will be prepared. Just use what I know about what they give me. What else can I do? I know I can do the work.

Pat in Flower Mound, Texas

85 months ago

Carol Muhammad in Fort Worth, Texas said: Thanks Karen, I will be prepared. Just use what I know about what they give me. What else can I do? I know I can do the work.

What is the name of the course?

Thanks,
Pat

85 months ago

you need to go your nearest school and ask information, i am sure they have CNA which most academics school have.

85 months ago

Thanks I am actually doing registration tomorrow.

85 months ago

you can go to dads website and see if there is something there to help you. Are you in China?

85 months ago

No, I am in Fort Worth, Texas (Crowley)

Piper Pritchett in Dallas, Texas

82 months ago

I am a registered medical assistant, I went to school at ATI in NRH I completed school and took and passed my state exams. Now my job is cutting back on my hours so i need another job. I see more jobs for CNA then for RMA or MA should i think about taking a CNA class to help find more work.If so how do i go about finding information on classes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rose Henderson in Fort Worth, Texas

82 months ago

I am currently looking 7 to 8 certified nurse aid.
Please contact me

82 months ago

Are you looking for the class or cna's. I am curently in school and I graduate in May

82 months ago

You can still get a job as a cna with the medical assistant cert. as far as I know

Hearts in Training Nurse Aide School in Dallas, Texas

82 months ago

Tammynr in Fort Worth, Texas said: Please tell me if there are for free or at cost.

Yes,
www.HeartsinTraining.com

Good Luck:)

sammmy in East Hartford, Connecticut

81 months ago

sammmy in East Hartford, Connecticut said: I am a certified CNA and hemodialysis technician from connecticut state
owusunyarkonukuano@yahoo.com

I am now residing at Norh RICHLAND HILLS.Is there any there to use my wide experience?

Sandra Foster in Pineville, Louisiana

81 months ago

Karen in Carol Stream, Illinois said: I'm planning to go for CNA class next semester.Is anyone there can tell me how easy or difficult would be? Do you they give you a lot of written long essay which i'm afraid about.

Don't be afraid it is all common sense, i love being a CNA. While taking the CNA class i was also enrolled at Northwestern State University as a Full time student majoring in Nursing. Now i am currently working in the hosital as a CNA and i am getting plenty hands on expoerience.

Mariz in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

HI.... I cant find any course of CNA in Tarrant Country College...

How many months to finish CNA?

Sarah in Jasper, Indiana

81 months ago

How long does it take most people to learn how to do the Vital Signs? Having trouble hearing when taken the blood pressure Im a Nurses Aide. NOT A CNA I work on at Asst. Living Center and i need to learn this but having trouble?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Hello, it does not take long to learn to take vitals. The blood pressure is easy. You pump up the cuff a little tight on the arm, Then slowly let it out and be sure to put the round deal on the very middle of the are crease , where the vain is and press it a little so you can pick up the heart beat. the first thump you hear when letting out the air is the top number and the last beat you here is the number for the bottom. If you are having a problem with hearing the thumps you aren't holding the thesascope (whatever) right on the arm or tight enough. Try the technics and work with it.

81 months ago

Pat in Flower Mound, Texas said: Hey Carol, can you provide any other details about the Tarrant County College course for CNA-hopefuls?

Thanks,
Pat

Dunbar High School Mon-Thurs. 1-9pm and Fri. 8-3pm Call 817-496-7688 Classes two nights a week for four weeks for $160.00
this is good. good luck. register in August 6 , 2008

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Pat in Flower Mound, Texas said: What is the name of the course?

Thanks,
Pat

Certified Nurses Aide or CNA Class.

81 months ago

Tammynr in Fort Worth, Texas said: Thanks I am actually doing registration tomorrow.

Very Good, Good luck girl!!

81 months ago

Piper Pritchett in Dallas, Texas said: I am a registered medical assistant, I went to school at ATI in NRH I completed school and took and passed my state exams. Now my job is cutting back on my hours so i need another job. I see more jobs for CNA then for RMA or MA should i think about taking a CNA class to help find more work.If so how do i go about finding information on classes?

Hello, call Dunbar High School, 817-496-7688 , $160.00 for 4 week class. register August 6,2008 . Good Luck.

81 months ago

sammmy in East Hartford, Connecticut said: I am now residing at Norh RICHLAND HILLS.Is there any there to use my wide experience?

There has been a lot of those needed in the papers and i see adds for your type job in jobing.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Mariz in Dallas, Texas said: HI.... I cant find any course of CNA in Tarrant Country College...

How many months to finish CNA?

Call Dunbar High School, 817-496-7688 Mon- Thurs 1-9pm and Fri.8-3pm. register in August 6, 2008. 4 week class, 2 nights a week for $160.00 check it out, good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sammmy in East Hartford, Connecticut

80 months ago

How can I get in contact with you. You reply my question but there was no contact number , address of the location of the class. Can you call me on my cell 860-830-7379 or send me how I can get in touch with you. Very Important. Ask Sammy or Diana when You call.

cj in Fort Worth, Texas

80 months ago

Tammynr in Fort Worth, Texas said: Please tell me if there are for free or at cost.

www.heartsintraining.com
not free but its a great school

Tee in Fort Worth, Texas

80 months ago

DUNBAR HIGH SCHOOL IN FORT WORTH, TX OFF RAMEY
TEACHER PHONE # 817-896-1249

THANKS,
TEE

Tee in Fort Worth, Texas

80 months ago

chasity in Bedford, Texas said: i am lookinh for a school, dallas fort wort or arlington, TO get a CNA. to work in a nurseing home., if u know of a place, pease email me at

c_davis_texas@yahoo.com

DUNBAR HIGH SCHOOL- IN FORT WORTH, TX OFF OF RAMEY

Hearts in Training Nurse Aide School in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

Angie in Bedford, Texas

80 months ago

does any1 know where to renew my CNA license I live in fort worth and been to that DADS website but it give no info on how to renew it..mine expired in 2006 and I want to work as a CNA again >_<

cj in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

www.HeartsinTraining.com
weekend class, and AM class
in July, and Aug
takes 4 weeks or 5 weekends

Mariz in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

I know a school at GRAPEVINE.. It is career academy. contact 8173100440. Just 4 weeks. Mon-Wed. 4hours a day. There is a day class from 8am-12pm, 1pm-5pm and 6am-10pm.. Payment is 500. I dont know if the book is 25 and there is exam fee of 15 i think..

I also just enrolled in a school in Irving.. Thier website is www.nurseaideclass.com/index.html
they offer 3 weeks only. Monday to Friday from 8am-12pm and 6am-10pm. Its is $600.00 excluding books and exam fee. But the school was great!
I enrolled a 8 WEEK CLASS BUT IT IS EVERY SATURDAY from 9am-5pm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Bedford, Texas

80 months ago

Im gonna try to find to see if I can just take teh test in heartsintraining I just need to renew my license I dont need to re-take teh class >_<

Mariz in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

hey angie.. Youre from bedford too?? well im trying to find a nursing home near us can you tell me where can i find nuirsing homes? how much do they pay?

Angie in Bedford, Texas

80 months ago

I think around 10$ a hour u can email me or add me to ur yahoo jynxangelah @yahoo.com to talk about it xD

David in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

Angie in Bedford, Texas said: Im gonna try to find to see if I can just take teh test in heartsintraining I just need to renew my license I dont need to re-take teh class >_<

Angie I just renewed my license through Elite Nurses Aide Academy located in Hurst. There address is 669 Airport Freeway, Hurst and their number is (817) 301-8039. They have an excellent facility with great instructors. I just wish I would have went there when I was initially getting my license

Jessica in Fort Worth, Texas

79 months ago

I was wondering if anyone was interested in going to Elite Nurses Aide Academy with me? I don't wanna go by myself!! I'd like to at least have an acquaintance .....Classes start August 5th!! Jdl2r817@gmail.com

Jessica in Fort Worth, Texas

79 months ago

Thank you Tee!!!! You saved me a lot of money!

Christa in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

79 months ago

Jessica, all I can say is buyer beware. Have you ever heard the saying "if it sounds to good to be true"? I got my certification through Elite Nurses Aide Academy when I lived in DFW. That was only after doing much research and I highly suggest you do the same. Don't just call a school but visit the location and take a tour. You just might discover that things are not as nice as described on the phone. Another thing I found was that a number of schools will try to lure you in with "low" prices. Beware- because they have many hidden fees that add up and exceed that of other schools. That's why I ultimately went with Elite. They were upfront with their prices "all included" and they had a very nice facility. Plus all their instructors were RN's. I think it speaks volumes when local hopitals and hospice are sponsoring students through Elite. I had a great experience at Elite Nurses Aide Academy, but once again I suggest you check it out for yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

CGill in Salt Lake City, Utah

79 months ago

I am planning on moving to the Dallas area and was wondering if hospitals there use CNA's on the floor. I have been CNA for 5 years in Utah and was also curious as to how I would get Texas certification. I don't want to work in long term care facilities, nursing homes, or assisted living, but I am not sure where to look for hospital employment. Any input would be great!!

Maria Cortez in Bedford, Texas

79 months ago

Yes the Hospitals here in DFW use CNA's on the floor. If your currently certified, upon arriving in DFW you can go to a certified test center (I would suggest Elite Nurses Aide Academy as did a previous person). There you can take the state certification exam. It's not required for you to take any refresher course, that is unless you don't feel comfortable taking the exam. I wouldnt imagine that your going to need a refresher considering you've been a CNA for the past 5yrs. Most places that offer the exam will also be able to put you in touch with Employers or you can use online job search engines. Better yet, if you know exactly where your going to live, look up the local hospitals and call their HR direct.

Isha in Lake Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

I am planning to go for CNA trainning and would like someone to tell me if it I can later on upgrade to LVN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mariz

79 months ago

as i know, hospitals dont accept LVNs anymore?

Isha in Lake Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

Mariz if you can tell me plz what will be the next step after completing CNA what can I do i want to stay in the same field but upgrade.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.