Are thier C.N.A. training programs, at any local nursing homes, in Colorado Spgs. Colorado?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 68)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Sue in Colorado Springs, Colorado

109 months ago

My brother is interested in becoming a cna, but does not have the money for a class. There used to be some local Nursing Homes that would hire people interested in becoming a cna's and they would offer the class to thier employees. Is this still the case? If so who are they?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (479) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Paula in Colorado Springs, Colorado

108 months ago

I have been told by the CNA at Penrose main that Laurel Manor does offer this still you might have him try there I would call first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Kira Flannery in Colorado Springs, Colorado

107 months ago

I am a military wife and my husband just left for iraq july 13th things are tight especially money but while he's gone i want to take the time to get my career to a start if you find anything about the nursing homes PLEASE LET ME KNOW
jolenekira@hotmail.com

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Alicia in New Tazewell, Tennessee

107 months ago

I have been trying to find out about the cna classes too. I know that are going to be giving them at Laurel Manor, but I don't know the details.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Alicia in New Tazewell, Tennessee

107 months ago

sorry stupid me didn't look at the location

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Whitney in Driggs, Idaho

107 months ago

I'm not real sure how other states, but in Idaho it is a 3 month course that is offered to you as a high school senior in most high schools, or at a local college or university. I took it through the high school a year and a half ago. The class is around $150 to $200. My best advice is to look into classes through a college. I've never heard of a nursing home training for CNAs. They may train NAs, but a CNA takes more time and money. It also pays back. You will get a higher wage if you're a CNA rather than an NA. I currently work for a home heath agency and we also train NAs. It's a matter of personal preference. Personally I would take the class and get the higher pay wage. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at whitnerin@hotmail.com.

Whitney

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Carey in Colorado Springs, Colorado

107 months ago

I've been searching for about six months trying to find a nursing home or facility that will pay for the cna training in exchange for me committing to work at their facility for a specified amount of time. I haven't been able to find one yet. However, what I did find is that if you go to Pikes Peak Workforce and register with them and meet their criteria they will pay for you to take the CNA classes and in most cases will pay for your blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, one set of scrubs and shoes (they may only give you money for the class). You have to jump through a couple of hoops but it's worth the hoop jumping. It's located on Pikes Peak Ave next to where the old Montgomery Wards used to be. It's a state run job search facility and you'll have to deal with a lot of people at the facility, if you go early in the morning you'll run into less people.

Carey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Carey in Colorado Springs, Colorado

107 months ago

Sorry, I also meant to say that there are several places in Colorado Springs that hold classes if you can afford them without help. They range in prices just go to www.dora.state.co.us/nursing/education/CNAprogramsCounty.pdf and scroll down to El Paso county and it will list most of the places with phone #s, that are certified to hold CNA classes in our county. Good luck!

Bambi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

beverly strause

105 months ago

are there nursing homes in berks country are lehigh valley pa who does the cna class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Garrett in Mission, Kansas

105 months ago

is their nursing homes in kansas of missouri that would train me to get my cna. i am currently a nursing student.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Blondie in Bloomington, Illinois

103 months ago

I would love to be a CNA but i just don't have the money for it. Do you know any nurcing homes that pay for the CNA training in IN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia M in Colorado Springs, Colorado

103 months ago

Sue in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: My brother is interested in becoming a cna, but does not have the money for a class. There used to be some local Nursing Homes that would hire people interested in becoming a cna's and they would offer the class to thier employees. Is this still the case? If so who are they?

Pikes Peak Care Center on Union will train if you promise to work there for a year. or Certification and Byond will train in a month cost about 900.00
Cyn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ME in Stockertown, Pennsylvania

101 months ago

beverly strause said: are there nursing homes in berks country are lehigh valley pa who does the cna class.

Yes,,, I know of a free class...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Lesia

100 months ago

ME in Stockertown, Pennsylvania said: Yes,,, I know of a free class...

Could you tell me, please, where there are free training classes for CNA in PA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Christy in Palmdale, California

100 months ago

Laurel Manor and Pikes Peak Care Center no longer has the program. If anyone finds a place please post it here. I will if I find one.

Thank you!

Shaina in Boise, Idaho

93 months ago

Whitney in Driggs, Idaho said: I'm not real sure how other states, but in Idaho it is a 3 month course that is offered to you as a high school senior in most high schools, or at a local college or university. I took it through the high school a year and a half ago. The class is around $150 to $200. My best advice is to look into classes through a college. I've never heard of a nursing home training for CNAs. They may train NAs, but a CNA takes more time and money. It also pays back. You will get a higher wage if you're a CNA rather than an NA. I currently work for a home heath agency and we also train NAs. It's a matter of personal preference. Personally I would take the class and get the higher pay wage. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at whitnerin@hotmail.com.

Whitney

I live in nampa, ID and id really like to get into some CNA classes. im currently unemployed, and i cant afford to go to college right now, im actually in the process of paying back students loans from one year of public college. i can pay some money but i need to know where to look or go to get into these classes. i d love to do paid training for CNA certification as well but, i still dont know where or how to look for such places. can you help me?

deb in Phoenix, Arizona

92 months ago

Sue in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: My brother is interested in becoming a cna, but does not have the money for a class. There used to be some local Nursing Homes that would hire people interested in becoming a cna's and they would offer the class to thier employees. Is this still the case? If so who are they?

In the state Im in I looked up the state nursing board, and they had a list of places you can take your cna training, and they list the nursing homes that offer free training, in my state most have to train for 9 weeks, and then work 9 weeks, im currently going to sign up for a expedited training course and it costs about 800, it takes 3 weeks fulltime 8 weeks parttime, in another staTE THAT i know of baltimore, maryland has many free training programs that also pay for your rna and lpn, you just have to make it through the class which make take a couple of years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christy in Colorado Springs, Colorado

92 months ago

Hello! They nbo longer have free CNA training here. Your brother can apply for assistance I believe if he is over 50 years of age. Oyherwise I know of a great cna training course. The best in Colorado Springs in my openion. Very clean and friendly. I received my training at another place for three days. It was bad! I was referred to NTSOC and was very satisified. I believe they still have the same price for the class, which is around $650.00. They have a payment plan which splits it up into two. Talk to Aliese or Tammy @ Therapy Services of Colorado in Colorado Springs. I would have put the phone number but this page doesn't allow that..

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DAWANDA

92 months ago

hey i took mine at florida medical prep they are very good they really teach you everything you need to know. And everything is really hands on that right there a lone is a really good thing most people like me learn fast that way.but the class is not for free the sometimes have specials going on i caught one it was 377.00 and the normal price is 450.00 but it is really good i really think that everyone should go or call the have places set up everywhere.

Lanell

92 months ago

Does anyone know how much the cna training is in Idaho. I have called several school and get no answer and 1 called back but the trainere had quit said they would call when they got a new one. I do work full time but would really like to get into this type of work? If anyone can help with some info I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL I can be emailed at elliott011969@yahoo.com

Lanell

92 months ago

Shaina in Boise, Idaho said: I live in nampa, ID and id really like to get into some CNA classes. im currently unemployed, and i cant afford to go to college right now, im actually in the process of paying back students loans from one year of public college. i can pay some money but i need to know where to look or go to get into these classes. i d love to do paid training for CNA certification as well but, i still dont know where or how to look for such places. can you help me?

Shaina did you find out any info that would help you get going?

Sarah in Marshalltown, Iowa

92 months ago

IN Iowa do u have to work full time as a CNA inorder to get your money back from the class and the tests????? I am waiting to get my Cna job until i find out because one place is new in my town and does not pay u back yet but they pay really well but if i can b part time and still get my money back then i will have 2 part time cna jobs so i can get my money back and work at the place that pays really well. Any help would b great thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel 22 in Southampton, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

Does anybody know of any hospitals in the Philadelphia, Montgomery County PA area that would train a nurses aide (C.N.A) on the job?

~Rachel 22

rockymtngrl1 in Walla Walla, Washington

91 months ago

Lanell said: Does anyone know how much the cna training is in Idaho. I have called several school and get no answer and 1 called back but the trainere had quit said they would call when they got a new one. I do work full time but would really like to get into this type of work? If anyone can help with some info I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL I can be emailed at elliott011969@yahoo.com

Hello Lanell!
There is CNA certification training available through Boise State University, and is $599, aprox 3 1/2 months, 2 days per week.
Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

an old friend... in Bangor, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

beverly strause said: are there nursing homes in berks country are lehigh valley pa who does the cna class.

YES...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Juanita in Aurora, Colorado

90 months ago

Do you know of any nursing homes that will pay for your cna license if you work for them? If so please contact me Juanita at My email address.

krystalnguyen in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

does anyone know of any cna classes that are enrollong/accepting people asap?! i need it my license before i can apply to the nursing program here in denver and that's the only thing holding me back right now. i have all my pre-reqs finished. im just having trouble getting into a class NOW!

surburban44 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

88 months ago

Hello,

No, there isn't any CNA training in nursing homes in Colorado Springs or the Denver area. You would need to take the class through a local training center. I ended up going to NTSOC in Colorado Springs. It was the best! Very clean and they make sure you know everything before your test. I highly recommend them.
Good luck!

Christy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Karebear in Colorado Springs, Colorado

88 months ago

Christy in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: Hello! They nbo longer have free CNA training here. Your brother can apply for assistance I believe if he is over 50 years of age. Oyherwise I know of a great cna training course. The best in Colorado Springs in my openion. Very clean and friendly. I received my training at another place for three days. It was bad! I was referred to NTSOC and was very satisified. I believe they still have the same price for the class, which is around $650.00. They have a payment plan which splits it up into two. Talk to Aliese or Tammy @ Therapy Services of Colorado in Colorado Springs. I would have put the phone number but this page doesn't allow that..

Good Luck!

Hi Christy~ I'm interested in your comment about applying for assistance if you're over 50. Apply where? Or is there a web site that has this info? I'd appreciate any info you might have on this. Thanks!

surburban44 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

88 months ago

Hello! If you call one seven one nine, five seven four, five five six two. Sorry about the spelling. It won't let me put the number in and post it. and listen for the CNA class. Press that extension. Talk to Tammy or Elise and they may be able to help you.

Good luck!

Christy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karebear in Colorado Springs, Colorado

88 months ago

Thank you Christy for your prompt reply! I haven't called yet but plan to in the near future.

Leah in Colorado Springs, Colorado

87 months ago

I can't seem to find any place in C/S either but I did print out the form that was attached before and will call some places. The Academy of Medical & Health Science is $600 and offer a payment plan. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kauaigurl03 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

87 months ago

i just recently moved here, and i was wondering if there are any CNA training classes but i cannot afford the payment.

Brenda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Alison in Elmhurst, New York

84 months ago

Greetings...am H4 visa holder.currently living in Elmhurst New York..im planning to take CNA course.Could anyone give me some info about where(school) and how much it would cost me(the course)and for how long? CNA course in the university and in the training center are the same?

Thank You!

jaxmimi in Lenexa, Kansas

82 months ago

Is their ANY Nursing homes in Ks that train while you work to be CNA???

jaxmimi in Lenexa, Kansas

82 months ago

Does anyone know of ANY Nursing homes in Kansas that train while you work ??

lizstone in Colorado Springs, Colorado

81 months ago

We are beo Training Center, and we are proud to announce our recent state certification of our CNA program. We have also been approved to serve as a testing site for the CNA state boards.

Our full CNA course is 10 days long over a 3 week period. The cost is $800 and includes the following: tuition, text and work books, one pair of embroidered scrubs, a blood pressure cuff and stethoscope, gait belt, a background check, logo watch with second hand, logo tote, name badge, Tb skin test, and 50% of the cost of the BLS/CPR course. The cost of the urine drug screen will be reimbursed to the applicant contingent upon a “negative” test result.

We also offer a Refresher Training Program, the cost of which is $400. The text and workbook are an additional $50.

We offer a payment plan, and also suggest that you contact Pikes Peak Workforce for payment assistance.

We are located at 1442 North Hancock. You may also visit www.beopersonalcare.com and click on Training Center.
We invite you to stop by for a tour!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob Bensenberg in Denver, Colorado

81 months ago

krystal nguyen in Denver, Colorado said: does anyone know of any cna classes that are enrollong/accepting people asap?! i need it my license before i can apply to the nursing program here in denver and that's the only thing holding me back right now. i have all my pre-reqs finished. im just having trouble getting into a class NOW!

Stillwater Executive Institute has a class starting 10/5/09

Daniel in Colorado Springs, Colorado

78 months ago

My son just completed his CNA training through Job Corps. For anyone under the age of 24 that is considered low income, the training is in residence and doesn't cost a dime. They actually give you about $1200 when you finish the course.

Now the bad part. My son has been facing rejection everywhere he applies for work. Every job he sees in Colorado Springs wants 1 year of experience. It is pretty tough to get the experience when you can't find an entry level job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Colorado Springs, Colorado

78 months ago

Has your son tried places like Comfort Keepers, Good Life Senior Care, Cheyenne Mt. Care Center, etc.? It may not be exactly the type of work he wants but at least he'd get some working experience under his belt and go from there.

Angela in Colorado Springs, Colorado

78 months ago

Karen in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: Has your son tried places like Comfort Keepers, Good Life Senior Care, Cheyenne Mt. Care Center, etc.? It may not be exactly the type of work he wants but at least he'd get some working experience under his belt and go from there.

The problem with Home Healthcare is that a lot of places don't see this as "experience" pertaining to a CNA. I too am having a hard time fining a job here in Colorado Springs. It's amazing how they can mislead you into thinking that there is such a demand for CNA's but then refuse to hire you based on lack of experience. I'm opting for some volunteer work to beef up my resume. I know that Penrose hospital offers volunteer work and hoping this will get my foot in the door. Keeping my fingers crossed, it's going to be a tough Christmas this year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Revonda Brownbailey in Denver, Colorado

72 months ago

I am looking for a CNA training classes so I can Become a CNA. Please help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rochij in Hyattsville, Maryland

72 months ago

i try to exchange my gna cna license from md to ny. Can i do that?? if someone know please letme knoww

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

William in Colorado Springs, Colorado

71 months ago

Revonda Brownbailey in Denver, Colorado said: I am looking for a CNA training classes so I can Become a CNA. Please help me.
Our FRONT RANGE NURSE AIDE TRAINING PROGRAM in Colorado Springs provides an excellent 4-week day course plus a 5-week night course, both of which occur year round. Both courses are $565 if paid in advance but a two-part payment option is also available. Our tuition includes textbook and all supplies but you still need a criminal background check plus a TB skin test. We have trained over 950 Colorado nurse aides and have been in business since 2006. We also have a very high pass rate for the State Boards because our program's final exams are slightly harder then the State Boards. Our program is fully approved by the Colorado Board of Nursing and the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment and we train many students heading into the college & university RN Nursing programs. We also train military spouces through arrangement with the Pikes Peak Workforce Center. Our website at NURSENANCY.ORG is loaded with additional info and we are located at 7870 N. Academy Blvd. just across the street from the Chapel Hills Mall (by the Burger King and Chipotle restraunts).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Colorado Springs, Colorado

68 months ago

Angela in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: The problem with Home Healthcare is that a lot of places don't see this as "experience" pertaining to a CNA. I too am having a hard time fining a job here in Colorado Springs. It's amazing how they can mislead you into thinking that there is such a demand for CNA's but then refuse to hire you based on lack of experience. I'm opting for some volunteer work to beef up my resume. I know that Penrose hospital offers volunteer work and hoping this will get my foot in the door. Keeping my fingers crossed, it's going to be a tough Christmas this year.

Yep, ain't that the truth. When I look at the ads for CNA's they want experienced ones.

I also was going to go to school to become a pharm tech. I did some checking and it seems that they also want experiences ones. They said that with all the people who are now in the field they can be choosy on who they hire now. I'm thinking that's the same idea behind the CNA hiring. Too many graduates have flooded the field and they can be choosy now. Read the ad from the Nurse Nancy guy. They've been in business since 2006 and have graduated over 950 students(probably more now since that was written 2 months ago and they have 2 programs a month) With all those people in the field it makes you wonder where the CNA jobs they keep talking about when you go to the schools really are now. It's all about money. They don't help you find jobs when you graduate. What good is the training if you can't get a job?

Even the traveling nurses require experience.

People I knew that went to the Pharm tech school are now working at WalMart as a regular employee and another as a teachers aide. A lot of help their diplomas did them.

stand alone in Colorado Springs, Colorado

64 months ago

I wold be careful of front range nursing as they will charge for testing if you fail their final. they should be helping students and concerned that their training is helpful and that their students should pass. after paying a fee of over 500. to take the course I think that the instructors should help those who are unable to pass and figure out how to help them. charging fees during these times on top of class fees and to have the student only bring cash to retake a test is wrong.

CNA in Palmdale, California

64 months ago

The best CNA program in Colorado Springs is: Nursing Therapy Services Of Colorado.

you can google the phone number it won't allow me to put it in here...
one seven one nine, five seven four, five five six two
kathy.mcgee@ntsoc.com

www.ntsoc.com/cna.html

I took another class (won't say where)and it was a waste of my time.....I was then directed to NTSOC....Trust me, this is the place to go....They sometimes hire within..They are a phenomenal company to work for....I moved to another State and miss them terribly...

Good luck to your brother!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kristie in Meridian, Idaho

64 months ago

Lanell said: Shaina did you find out any info that would help you get going?

My name is Kristie and I was wondering about the program too. I also live in Nampa and would like some help in the direction that I can start.

mr cotton in Colorado Springs, Colorado

53 months ago

hello i am cotton and im looking for a job but havent herd back yet so i could pay for the cna class so im wondering if any one know of a place that would help pay for the cna classes

angel in Colorado Springs, Colorado

53 months ago

hi . i am looking for job now but because i haven't good speaking english so i am feeling looking for job too hard for me . please tell me what i would become cna and to beginning this job .
thank you very much

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.