Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are typical chemist salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Chemist in Whitby, Ontario

67 months ago

Host said: What are typical chemist salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

You 've better learn how to do the Method development and Validation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

entry level chemist in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

Hi,

I think entry level chemists should expect around 40-45K in Texas. You should expect 60-65K in northern states (New York, Connecticut)... I love using payscale.com, this is pretty accurate in measuring salaries for different scenarios.

Federal govt jobs pay the best with great benefits... state government jobs are the worse. Private companies fall somewhere in between depending on how big they are.

Relevant experience is the best thing that can increase pay (it doesn't matter if you've been in another field for who cares how many years, RELEVANT EXPERIENCE is what matters). Don't go for a Masters degree, only PhDs get a pay increase.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LiliyaV in Saint Paul, Minnesota

66 months ago

Chemist in Whitby, Ontario said: You 've better learn how to do the Method development and Validation.

Where could I learn how to do the Method development and Validation the best?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BIOCHEM in Pleasanton, California

15 months ago

Medical is on the rise. Chemist are making 30k year to start. Validation?? NO WAY!!!
Go for engineering instead but get an advance degree, which might help!
The economy is so bad right now and I dont see it getting better.
When the list of the jobs grows for the top 10 is all retail, we are all in trouble!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.