Difficulty finding a civil/construction job - Looking to work for free

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

jorea415 in San Francisco, California

30 months ago

So I have been applying for jobs consistently for the past 6 months, and I have yet to acquire a civil/construction job. I have applied to maybe over 60 jobs. I have had a few interviews, but I fell short from landing any of those jobs. I do not want to sound like a victim, but I am getting very restless. Of course, I am holding my head up and continuing to apply for jobs, but I'm looking into the option of working for free.

I am going to Graduate school this fall, but I still would love to get a full time job and go to school part time. Anyway, how does the process of working for free work? Can I post an ad on Craigslist or some other site? Or do I email different companies? I feel hesitant to email companies because I feel like I am implying that they cannot afford to hire people and that is not my intention. Any advice will help thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Catonsville, Maryland

30 months ago

Sounds to me like you might want to think of internships. Schools often have departments for helping students find the internships instead of you having to search them out on your own.

jorea415 in San Francisco, California

30 months ago

Oh I am not excluding internships from my search, I have been trying to get an internship too, but to no avail. My school has aided me in the process, but it still hasn't been that easy. I think I am just looking to work for free in the meantime, so again if anybody has advice on the process of working for free, I would appreciate your help!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.