redriders180 in Benton, Kentucky said: Hello all civil engineers! I am a junior student from Marshall County High School taking Project: Lead the Way's Principles of Engineering Class. As part of our first activity we are required to interview a civil engineer about civil engineering. Can someone credible out there answer these questions?
1. What college courses did you have to take to become a Civil Engineer?
2. Have you always wanted to be a civil engineer?
3. What is your daily routine?
4. Why did you choose engineering?
5. Where can you get Civil Engineering Jobs?
6. What High School Classes did you take?
7. Do you love your job?
1. I took classes in math, physics, chemistry, biology, GIS (mapping), wastewater treatment, stormwater design, and hydrogeology (groundwater).
2. I wanted to be a vet as a kid, but then in college I took classes in geology, biology, and civil engineering.
3. I work part of the time in the office, meeting with other engineers in the company and working on projects (such as designing a new drinking water treatment plant). Other times I am outside looking at wastewater or stormwater pipes or meeting with clients.
4. I chose engineering because it challenges me to solve problems.
5. Civil engineering jobs can be for the government or as a consultant (as a consultant you often work for a town or private company).
6. In high school I took english, math, science, and spanish. I use all of them in my job. I need the english class for writing reports, the math and science for solving problems, and the spanish helps when we work in other countries.
7. I love civil engineering, because every day is a challenge. I can work inside and outside and I get to work on a lot of different types of projects.