PA Civil Engineer Wants Texas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

tony1979 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

Fellow Engineers, hello!
Looks like I may have found an interactive, engaging forum for Civil Engineers. PA Civil Engineer with 20 plus years of combined experience with DOT and private consulting work wanting to relocate to the state of Texas. My experience involves construction inspection, highway design, and land surveying with the bulk of my experience in design and related management activities in the heavily populated Philadelphia region.

My motivations are driven by economic and cost of living benefits, change of life style, climate and other personal reasons, just the same reasons many others are fleeing the East
Coast for Texas as we speak. I know it’s not a perfect world down there with these hard economic times but the numbers from national moving companies speak load and clear as to where people are moving and it's not NY and New Jersey.

I had the opportunity to spend time in Fort Worth and Houston this past year and I loved every minute of it! I’m single and eyeing San Antonio and Austin for what I perceive a more laid back lifestyle and having a descent social life. The bulk of the engineering jobs appear to be in Houston and DFW though, that’s the impression I’m getting. My interests are leaning more for a government job but will take either to just to establish myself down there. No headhunters contacted yet, hold PA professional registration in engineering and land surveying.

Texans, I look forward and want to hear from you for any suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.