can a felony charge keep me from an adjusters license?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

missymaam in austin, Texas

73 months ago

I currently had a job at a major insurance company and was just promoted to an adjuster position. I figured they already knew about my charge (posession of a controlled substance, charged but never convicted)since I got my original position. But now I guess they are doing a more in depth background check. They took finger prints and requested documentation about any charges or convictions. Ive already started taking classes to get my license (at the expense of the company of course :) ) but Im concerned that once the background check is complete they will demote me b/c I cant get my license. Does anyone know if a felony drug charge (not conviction) could prevent me from getting my license? Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

david in Austin, Texas

73 months ago

i recently received my all lines adjuster licensed from the TDI. I too was previously arrested for a felony, it was reduced to a misdemeanor. so i would say your chances are fairly good. Just be honest with the TDI jump through their hoops, and you should get your license. I recommend being overly through with them. they don't seem to care to much as long as its not larceny, embellishment, bribery est...

Reply - Report abuse

Dtown in Texas

16 months ago

Will a misdemeanor possession of marijuana charge & misdemeanor instrument of crime hinder me from getting Florida and North Carolina non resident adjuster license. Have not been to court yet. I know for a fact the possession charge will be dropped but I need the licenses now.

Reply - Report abuse

at in Staten Island, New York

4 months ago

missymaam in austin, Texas said: I currently had a job at a major insurance company and was just promoted to an adjuster position. I figured they already knew about my charge (posession of a controlled substance, charged but never convicted)since I got my original position. But now I guess they are doing a more in depth background check. They took finger prints and requested documentation about any charges or convictions. Ive already started taking classes to get my license (at the expense of the company of course :) ) but Im concerned that once the background check is complete they will demote me b/c I cant get my license. Does anyone know if a felony drug charge (not conviction) could prevent me from getting my license? Thank you!

hey man, were you able to get your license. was it smooth. any issues? Please share?

Reply - Report abuse

missymaam in Texas

4 months ago

Yup! Got my license! Ive been a licensed adjuster since 2012 including several promotions. No issues at all.

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

awesome. glad to hear it. how long after your controlled substance charge did you get the promotion and background check. any advice ahead? I'll be going for my license soon. I have a misdemeanour controlled substance conviction in dec 2015. Currently on probation. Your thoughts?

Reply - Report abuse

missymaam in Texas

4 months ago

I was charged in 2009 and got my background check and license in 2012. Ive been promoted every year since ive worked for the company (2011 to present). The position I am in now is a much more advanced adjuster position then what I originally needed the license for. My Texas license gets renewed every 2 years, I believe, and Ive never had a problem. Since working in the insurance industry, Ive only seen one person get let go because of license issues. And that was because he was past due on his child support.

Reply - Report abuse

4 months ago

missymaam in Texas said: I was charged in 2009 and got my background check and license in 2012. Ive been promoted every year since ive worked for the company (2011 to present). The position I am in now is a much more advanced adjuster position then what I originally needed the license for. My Texas license gets renewed every 2 years, I believe, and Ive never had a problem. Since working in the insurance industry, Ive only seen one person get let go because of license issues. And that was because he was past due on his child support.

thanks so much for your feedback. keep crushing it!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Keidra in Phoenix, Arizona

3 months ago

missymaam in Texas said: Yup! Got my license! Ive been a licensed adjuster since 2012 including several promotions. No issues at all.

What was your?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

missymaam in Texas

3 months ago

Keidra in Phoenix, Arizona said: What was your?

I didnt have a question. I was answering a question about any issues i had getting my license.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

James in Hurst, Texas

1 month ago

I was convicted of a felony drug possession 25 years ago. I was able to obtain my Texas license. I have had it 6 years.I had to go through hoops and letters from my community, as well references. It was not easy, but i was finally awarded my adjuster license.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Natasha guinn in Portland, Oregon

1 month ago

So i have been offered a job but need to be able to get my property and casulty license within 30 days upon hire but am not sure if i should bother waiting my time or thiers since i have a felony possession charge 8 months ago. Anyone know if this will effect that process

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.