How to get into Property Claims Adjusting?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

CoryJK34 in Kansas City, Missouri

33 months ago

I have been making the rounds here in Kansas City with the insurance companies, all hiring, but haven't had much success. The companies want experienced works or if not experienced you are going up against several people for a single position. I feel I have been close, but one interview question not as good as someone else, and that is that.

So, is there anything I can do to either get experience or education that I can put on my resume that would at least let me stick out some? I have been looking into obtaining the Texas All-Lines License and get some basic Xactimate Training in a week long class down in Texas.

Would something like this help get me in the door with a larger company and or independent agencies?

I am certain property claims is the right fit for a former real estate agent looking for stability, so any advice will be wonderful!

Thank you all and best of luck for all those looking!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul C in Middletown, Connecticut

31 months ago

CoryJK34 in Kansas City, Missouri said: I have been making the rounds here in Kansas City with the insurance companies, all hiring, but haven't had much success. The companies want experienced works or if not experienced you are going up against several people for a single position. I feel I have been close, but one interview question not as good as someone else, and that is that.

So, is there anything I can do to either get experience or education that I can put on my resume that would at least let me stick out some? I have been looking into obtaining the Texas All-Lines License and get some basic Xactimate Training in a week long class down in Texas.

Would something like this help get me in the door with a larger company and or independent agencies?

I am certain property claims is the right fit for a former real estate agent looking for stability, so any advice will be wonderful!

Thank you all and best of luck for all those looking!

did anyone ever get back to you?
I am in your exact position.
I would love some advice.

Paul C in Middletown, Connecticut

31 months ago

I am in your exact same postition.
Did anyone give you any advise?

PC

JaySam in Bridgeport, Texas

28 months ago

@Paul C...

You are on the right track with your thinking on the Texas All-Lines license and <a href="www.insuranceadjustertraining.net">.</a>Xactimate training. Many insurance companies are not interested until you have at least some experience or background. You could get your license within a month or two and stil have time to get some independent claims work this hurricane season. Then you would have some experience at that point...you'll look a lot more interesting to the big companies, such as Allstate, State Farm, Liberty Mutual, etc. These companies are constantly hiring claims 'trainees'. The pay is not fantastic at first, but you will have benefits and steady work, plus plenty of room to advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.