Any CDL job

Comments (3)

Rons1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

I'm not in Philly as this thing says. I'm in Delaware. Someone asked if I was willing to move to Kansas to get a job. No! I own a very nice home and if I sold it now I'd lose big money. Not to mention uprooting my kids from their school and friends isn't fair to them. I'm not goi g to move in hopes of getting a job. Now if a company were to put it in writing that I'll get a $70,000 per year job I might consider it. That's not going to happen. I don't understand this industry at all. I worked so hard to get my class A. I have a TWIC and my hazmat yet I can't get so much as a paving company to hire me. Can anyone who has been in the industry enlighten me? My only negative is a felony back in 2002. No trouble since. I even donate blood on a regular basis. My DMV record is perfect. I'm a honorably discharged veteran. Even dump truck jobs in my local paper are asking for 2-5 years experience. I don't understand that. I've driven a dump truck before and it isn't hard at all. Why these people are asking for 2-5 years is baffling to me. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get into a job with a new CDL?

nova eeewww in Virginia Beach, Virginia

23 months ago

Rons1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I'm not in Philly as this thing says. I'm in Delaware. Someone asked if I was willing to move to Kansas to get a job. No! I own a very nice home and if I sold it now I'd lose big money. Not to mention uprooting my kids from their school and friends isn't fair to them. I'm not goi g to move in hopes of getting a job. Now if a company were to put it in writing that I'll get a $70,000 per year job I might consider it. That's not going to happen. I don't understand this industry at all. I worked so hard to get my class A. I have a TWIC and my hazmat yet I can't get so much as a paving company to hire me. Can anyone who has been in the industry enlighten me? My only negative is a felony back in 2002. No trouble since. I even donate blood on a regular basis. My DMV record is perfect. I'm a honorably discharged veteran. Even dump truck jobs in my local paper are asking for 2-5 years experience. I don't understand that. I've driven a dump truck before and it isn't hard at all. Why these people are asking for 2-5 years is baffling to me. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get into a job with a new CDL ?

I am considering getting my TWIC in order to get work as a deckhand, because apparently I need a TWIC to get my MMC (Z-card?). Is it an easy process? I've gone online and registered for it and have some sort of printable receipt.

Rons1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

nova eeewww in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I am considering getting my TWIC in order to get work as a deckhand, because apparently I need a TWIC to get my MMC (Z-card?). Is it an easy process? I've gone online and registered for it and have some sort of printable receipt.

A TWIC is almost a necessity these days in this industry. However, I don't know what a 'Z' endorsement is. I've seen companies ask for it before but I would have to Google it to answer you. I suppose you could do that as well. Sorry!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.