Any CDL job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Rons1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

I'm not in Philly as this thing says. I'm in Delaware. Someone asked if I was willing to move to Kansas to get a job. No! I own a very nice home and if I sold it now I'd lose big money. Not to mention uprooting my kids from their school and friends isn't fair to them. I'm not goi g to move in hopes of getting a job. Now if a company were to put it in writing that I'll get a $70,000 per year job I might consider it. That's not going to happen. I don't understand this industry at all. I worked so hard to get my class A. I have a TWIC and my hazmat yet I can't get so much as a paving company to hire me. Can anyone who has been in the industry enlighten me? My only negative is a felony back in 2002. No trouble since. I even donate blood on a regular basis. My DMV record is perfect. I'm a honorably discharged veteran. Even dump truck jobs in my local paper are asking for 2-5 years experience. I don't understand that. I've driven a dump truck before and it isn't hard at all. Why these people are asking for 2-5 years is baffling to me. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get into a job with a new CDL?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nova eeewww in Virginia Beach, Virginia

17 months ago

Rons1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I'm not in Philly as this thing says. I'm in Delaware. Someone asked if I was willing to move to Kansas to get a job. No! I own a very nice home and if I sold it now I'd lose big money. Not to mention uprooting my kids from their school and friends isn't fair to them. I'm not goi g to move in hopes of getting a job. Now if a company were to put it in writing that I'll get a $70,000 per year job I might consider it. That's not going to happen. I don't understand this industry at all. I worked so hard to get my class A. I have a TWIC and my hazmat yet I can't get so much as a paving company to hire me. Can anyone who has been in the industry enlighten me? My only negative is a felony back in 2002. No trouble since. I even donate blood on a regular basis. My DMV record is perfect. I'm a honorably discharged veteran. Even dump truck jobs in my local paper are asking for 2-5 years experience. I don't understand that. I've driven a dump truck before and it isn't hard at all. Why these people are asking for 2-5 years is baffling to me. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get into a job with a new CDL ?

I am considering getting my TWIC in order to get work as a deckhand, because apparently I need a TWIC to get my MMC (Z-card?). Is it an easy process? I've gone online and registered for it and have some sort of printable receipt.

Rons1985 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

nova eeewww in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I am considering getting my TWIC in order to get work as a deckhand, because apparently I need a TWIC to get my MMC (Z-card?). Is it an easy process? I've gone online and registered for it and have some sort of printable receipt.

A TWIC is almost a necessity these days in this industry. However, I don't know what a 'Z' endorsement is. I've seen companies ask for it before but I would have to Google it to answer you. I suppose you could do that as well. Sorry!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.