Looking for Class A local truck driving job in San Diego,CA.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Jason Carter in San Diego, California

80 months ago

32 years old with 6.5 years off truck driving skills. Long haul 48 states and local work in San Diego and Los Angeles. Looking for local work in San Diego,CA only.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patty in Sioux City, Iowa

80 months ago

San Diego is huge,surely you can find something in the paper.Good luck in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Indeed Help in Stamford, Connecticut

80 months ago

Hello Jason, You will have the most success finding the job you want by using our search engine. Just type in job title, company, or keyword into the search field at the top of this page and click "Find Jobs". Best of luck with your search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

michael t. in San Diego, California

80 months ago

Patty in Sioux City, Iowa said: San Diego is huge,surely you can find something in the paper.Good luck in your search.

how is going..I live here in San Diego.....In the Paper u very rarely see Class A driving jobs. compared to the paper of Columbus, Ohio...I lived here in San Diego, for 6 months now.....constantly checking out Indeed.com careerbuilders, monsterjobs.com and so on......I have seen only about 10-15 postings for local trucking jobs out of San Diego and surrounding counties..And San Diego is not that big of a city..u have to remember the Pacific Ocean is to the left of San Diego which results less freight coming in because there is no other states bringing in freight........Now in Ohio...U have Indiania, Michigan, Pennsylvania. West Virginia and so on.....surrounding states results in more job oppportunities....I have seen over 40 or more excellent paying local jobs ,home everyday schedules out of the Columbus, Ohio market....I feel regretful for moving away from my hometown of Columbus and not moving to San Diego..but in the spring the jobs will pick up again......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason Carter in San Diego, California

80 months ago

michael t. in San Diego, California said: how is going..I live here in San Diego.....In the Paper u very rarely see Class A driving jobs. compared to the paper of Columbus, Ohio...I lived here in San Diego, for 6 months now.....constantly checking out Indeed.com careerbuilders, monsterjobs.com and so on......I have seen only about 10-15 postings for local trucking jobs out of San Diego and surrounding counties..And San Diego is not that big of a city..u have to remember the Pacific Ocean is to the left of San Diego which results less freight coming in because there is no other states bringing in freight........Now in Ohio...U have Indiania, Michigan, Pennsylvania. West Virginia and so on.....surrounding states results in more job oppportunities....I have seen over 40 or more excellent paying local jobs ,home everyday schedules out of the Columbus, Ohio market....I feel regretful for moving away from my hometown of Columbus and not moving to San Diego..but in the spring the jobs will pick up again......

yah got laid off from coca cola a month ago. been there for 3 years. been looking at all the same places u have and not much going on here. had a interview with crest beverage today and they still are interviewing more. so i hope i get that job. i have been applying to all local truck companies and they all say its slow right now. but there are jobs out there but most dont post online, u just have to know were they are and i dont know that many. well good luck.

mike in San Diego, California

80 months ago

Hey Jason.....Yeah I hear over 30 coca cola drivers got laid off in San Diego...... Funny,, I talk to the Delivery Manager at Crest Beverage today and that he was going to hire 2 drivers and will take him 2 weeks to pick the best candidate .......the manager wants to make sure people understand that the job is PHYSICAL.....heavy beer kegs....and fast pace.....i like fast pace..I too am going to apply....I have food delivery experience of 2 years with a well know food distributor... I was on unemployment benefits for 10 months prior and no more money coming in......getting worried my savings will only last me for one month!! I have 2 points on my license which discourages some employers away from me due to the Insurance rates...eventhough one of one of my points is a non moving violation back in Ohio which is 0 points but when i came to Cali it got converted to a point..??? but anyways,,,,,good luck with crest beverage...see u around...

Eliud L. in Oceanside, California

79 months ago

i've bin working driving class a trucks all around the state of california. Unfortunetly i got laid off. I've bin driving for about 10 years now until things stareted to get slow around here, im wanting to get hired some where localy, i live in san diego and wish to work around here if you need any questions u can e-mail me, ill be more than happy to awnser your questions.
hope too here of you soon

sincerly,
Eliud L

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

luckyday1977 in San Diego, California

77 months ago

Hello to all you fellow unemployed cdl drivers in San Diego! I have the same story, I have a class A cdl with tanker & hazmat endorsement, clean driving record, 6 years driving experience, and I cannot find a local job here. Everyday the same thing, indeed, monster, jobsintrucking.com, backpage.com, you name it....no listings! When I do finally see something that looks awesome, it turns out there is never a branch in San Diego! If anyone knows of anything or anyone who is hiring behind closed doors, please, I beg of you, help a brother out! My email is luckyday1977@yahoo.com and my name is Scott. Thanks in advance!

Mario Douglas in El Cajon, California

72 months ago

there are no driving jobs in San Diego I have been looking for a while and no luck i have looked and nothing ,,when there is something they only wanna pay $8.00/$9.00 an hr. ..so i will move soon if something does not break soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Phantom

72 months ago

Mario Douglas in El Cajon, California said: there are no driving jobs in San Diego I have been looking for a while and no luck i have looked and nothing ,,when there is something they only wanna pay $8.00/$9.00 an hr. ..so i will move soon if something does not break soon

I know, i moved to Az last year, and Az is a joke too...All these companys say they are hiring, half of them don't want to even tell you what they pay, then get offended if you ask! Jobs that should pay 16 to 19 per hour only wanna pay 10 to 12!!! How can you survive on that?

Mario Douglas in La Mesa, California

71 months ago

All the truck drivers should strike to protest the b/s ....the worst thing is how are u gonna feed the family..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chivero28 in San Diego, California

61 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Oceanside, California

56 months ago

Hey everyone been unemployed almost 2years now and applying every day for all types with only one call back.Two many applying for just one opening.I have a c.d.l. clean record 30years exp. in all types and nothing. Go figure. I also could use some help.

chimo in Orange, California

54 months ago

Mario Douglas in El Cajon, California said: there are no driving jobs in San Diego I have been looking for a while and no luck i have looked and nothing ,,when there is something they only wanna pay $8.00/$9.00 an hr. ..so i will move soon if something does not break soon

wait and see soon its going to be a drivers market and then companies will offer top pay. then the shortage on drivers is comming withing a year. youll see. thats when we will negotiate top pay!!

Mario in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

I am looking for a local truck driver in the San Diego area. We just started up a small truss yard and need someone with their own insurance, flatbed trailer, and who is not afraid to handle trusses. We are looking around for good rates- if anyone is interested, please email me mario@missiontruss.com . Thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.