CRA Training - Schools in Canada?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (551 to 600 of 1082)
Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »   Last »

Tamara in Toronto, Ontario

109 months ago

Peter in Toronto, Ontario said: This is amusing. Tamara, you should go ahead with it - you can have your own little company for a year, with 3,4 or more workers, all of which cost you nothing! Imagine the possibilities.

Hi Peter, thank you for the good idea and I will think about it. I've actually already opened a company but my field of interest lies in more advanced research, such as auditing, protocol and SOP writing, etc.

To ALL responders:
I was actually kidding when I proposed one year of working for free, but seeing the responses it might be something to think about. I will keep you all in mind if and when I get a monitoring project.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

Michelle Santoro in Rahway, New Jersey said: Hi Tamara-

What other types of work does your company do. I work for a CRO and I'd like to keep you in mind in case the opportuity to work together aries.

Thanks.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Thanks, it would be great to discuss opportunities we could collaborate. We can discuss details by phone if it's not too much trouble for you, I believe you have my phone number.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Reply - Report abuse

john in New York, New York

109 months ago

Hi tamara
Michelle, works as a commision agent in one person company not CRO. she is sales lady
I visited there so called office as 10 dollar an hour employee.
research before invest
thanks
i have experience for not getting job and wasted money time too
john

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

john in New York, New York said: Hi tamara
Michelle, works as a commision agent in one person company not CRO. she is sales lady
research before invest
thanks
john

Thank you John!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Edison, New Jersey

109 months ago

Hi Tamara-

I look forward to working with you in the future. To view some of the trials we are working on please visit clinicaltrials.gov.

Thank you,

Michelle

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

Michelle in Edison, New Jersey said: Hi Tamara-

I look forward to working with you in the future. To view some of the trials we are working on please visit clinicaltrials.gov.

Thank you,

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

It was nice talking with you too.
I'm looking forward for a productive collaboration.

Thanks,

Tamara

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

john in New York, New York said: Hi tamara
research before invest
thanks
john

Hi John,

I think you were mistaken, or it was somebody else.

Michelle is a very nice person and she really is working for CRO.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jlak in Iselin, New Jersey

109 months ago

rodika in New York, New York said: Yes they have so many graduate as CRA with MS, Ph.D and MD too
I recommand best job placement rate in USA

have u attended AIPT? if so please let me know about the quality of the course? Do they offer placement service?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

AnaS in Mississauga, Ontario

108 months ago

Tamara in Toronto, Ontario said: I can teach you for free.
With one condition:
Then you will work for me FOR FREE for one year
:-)[/QUO

Hi Tamara,
I will work for free one year for you with all my pleasure just to get a hand-on experience in CR field.
Plz, contact me for details.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

From BC in Richmond, British Columbia

108 months ago

Thanks for the update. Do they do TN1 for canadian citizens for a CRA job?
Please do let me know.
Really appreciate.

ravi in Teaneck, New Jersey said: Thanks for CRA inquiry
My best sugession don't go online course you will lost. learn like from www.aiptedu.com they have nice course with 98% job success rate.
you can get emplyed in USA/Canada.
they do sponsor for H1 or TN too
I got TN as a canadian citizen
thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Elena in Mississauga, Ontario

108 months ago

Hello,

I have a PhD in Molecular Biology and 6 yrs experience in an academic environment. Now I am thinking about Clinical Research field. I am taking the McMaster CCRA program. when I call them, they said I am qualified for this program.
Could someone tell me if there is any chance to get some entry level positions in this field?
Thank you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

108 months ago

Elena in Mississauga, Ontario said: Hello,

I have a PhD in Molecular Biology and 6 yrs experience in an academic environment. Now I am thinking about Clinical Research field. I am taking the McMaster CCRA program. when I call them, they said I am qualified for this program.
Could someone tell me if there is any chance to get some entry level positions in this field?
Thank you.

I also have a Ph.D. in Human Genetics and I will be completing the course at Mc Master University this December. The course usually takes around 6-10 months. There are 5 courses and you can take a max of 2-3 courses every Jan, April or September. They do not offer all the courses in all the semesters and therefore you need to be careful to choose. I now got a job in Clinical Research but a lower position to CRA. Ofcourse, now that I have a job moving to CRA is not a too tough. I also know quite a few people who got jobs while taking this course. However, do not interpret that - if you join McMaster you will get a job for sure. Pharma does not care about courses and will only take people with experience only. So, do not spend a lot of time or too much money for the course. The other option is Humber (Part-time or Full-time) or Michener (ON-line). I also know quite a few people who have got CRA jobs without doing any course and getting training on the job.

Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

Hi VJ,
Thank you for answer.

I also know quite a few people who have got CRA jobs without doing any course and getting training on the job.

how people do this? I am looking already few mounths and noting. may be I am looking in the wrong places? Could you give me some advises. How did you find first position?

Thank you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sumit in Toronto, Ontario

108 months ago

Hi I am also in the same situation, have completed my Masters in Pharma Sci and looking for a job as coordinator or monitor.

Need some advises.

Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

katherine

108 months ago

I would love to know where your friends got into the clinical trial field with
no school or experience, but received training on the job. Is there specific companies? thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

mobina in Toronto, Ontario

108 months ago

hi all,

I am currently a humber student and hav a difficult assignment to do.I need names,email and numbers of 10 clinical research managers either in Pharma company,hospitals or CRO.Any help from guys who are working in the field would be appreciated.

Reply - Report abuse

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

108 months ago

katherine said: I would love to know where your friends got into the clinical trial field with
no school or experience, but received training on the job. Is there specific companies? thanks

No, there is no specific academic institutions or Pharma R &D or CRO who only take no experience people. All take some and it usually depend on who you know in the organization. For example, if you in the pharma field, approach pharma companies directly and pursue further. If you are a Ph.D. or Science graduate pursue directly with the PI/ Professor in your own University doing clinical research.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

108 months ago

mobina in Toronto, Ontario said: hi all,

I am currently a humber student and hav a difficult assignment to do.I need names,email and numbers of 10 clinical research managers either in Pharma company,hospitals or CRO.Any help from guys who are working in the field would be appreciated.

Google for Abott, Aeterna Zentaris, Altana pharma, Amgen canada, Apotex, Bayer, Biovail Corp, Genome Canada, Novartis Pharma canada Inc, Pfizer Canada Inc, Wyeth, CHIR and all Toronto Universities hospitals like PMH, St Michael's and go to Clinical Research and you can find Research managers. Happy Googling, start with Universities and Hospitals first.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

VJ in Brampton, Ontario said: Google for Abott, Aeterna Zentaris, Altana pharma, Amgen canada, Apotex, Bayer, Biovail Corp, Genome Canada, Novartis Pharma canada Inc, Pfizer Canada Inc, Wyeth, CHIR and all Toronto Universities hospitals like PMH, St Michael's and go to Clinical Research and you can find Research managers. Happy Googling, start with Universities and Hospitals first.

thankyou .. ...ive tried googling a few that u mention but no luck so far.are these research managers usually doctors that recruit patients aswell.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

108 months ago

mobina in Toronto, Ontario said: thankyou .. ...ive tried googling a few that u mention but no luck so far.are these research managers usually doctors that recruit patients aswell.

That is PI. I guess you could give their names as well. I am not so sure if the assignment is to get a Senior CRA/Research Manager contact. Once assignment is over you may have the contacts for you to pursue your internship with them/job if you are lucky. Hospitals website like PMH, St Michael's under Clinical Research Department will give you all team names and e-mail addresses.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sumit in Toronto, Ontario

108 months ago

Hi Vj,

Can I have ur email please. I am also thinking of doing Mc Master program and would like to know more about this program.

Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

VJ in Brampton, Ontario said: That is PI. I guess you could give their names as well. I am not so sure if the assignment is to get a Senior CRA/Research Manager contact. Once assignment is over you may have the contacts for you to pursue your internship with them/job if you are lucky. Hospitals website like PMH, St Michael's under Clinical Research Department will give you all team names and e-mail addresses.

Yes the idea behind is exactly what you mentioned but my proff does not want names of PI....only people who are responsible for hiring CRA..like project managers.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

kanwar in Brampton, Ontario

108 months ago

Hi,
I have a question.Is it possible to get a TN visa as a CRA, If yes then what category does it fall under on the list of jobs qualified for a TN visa.

Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Alam in Brampton, Ontario

108 months ago

Very true, completely agree with you on this one VJ

VJ in Brampton, Ontario said: I also have a Ph.D. in Human Genetics and I will be completing the course at Mc Master University this December. The course usually takes around 6-10 months. There are 5 courses and you can take a max of 2-3 courses every Jan, April or September. They do not offer all the courses in all the semesters and therefore you need to be careful to choose. I now got a job in Clinical Research but a lower position to CRA. Ofcourse, now that I have a job moving to CRA is not a too tough. I also know quite a few people who got jobs while taking this course. However, do not interpret that - if you join McMaster you will get a job for sure. Pharma does not care about courses and will only take people with experience only. So, do not spend a lot of time or too much money for the course. The other option is Humber (Part-time or Full-time) or Michener (ON-line). I also know quite a few people who have got CRA jobs without doing any course and getting training on the job.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sky125 in Madison, Wisconsin

107 months ago

I worked for Covance for a while now and managment there is not that good. If they like you, they keep you, if not they walk you to the door, they won't even allow you to get your stuff. There's a lot of gossip and I was surprise to see that educated people in high position could be so mean. Don't go to Human Resources, because they will not help, you go to Human Resources and you are automatically firer. The turn over rate there is pretty high. They care more about making money and trying to save money, they have so much money but are selfish with it, for example, when I needed pipettes or powder for my projects, they wouldn't even order enough for everyone. And the people there who are suppose to train you for the job, will not train you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

107 months ago

I worked with covance while they were a thrid party for Roche. This was the most horrible place there was. So unorganized it was unreal the way they ran that study. I would never try to work for Covance at all.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Pooja in Pune, India

106 months ago

Hey guys,
I have done B.PHARM,MPHARM and MSc in clinical pharmacology from UK and now came back to india.I want to work as CRA in clinical research field but struggling hard to get into this field without any experience.Could you please guide me or give some names of the recruiters or some contacts.I thought it would be easier in india as compared to UK for freshers.Please help me out,I am really frustated.
Pooja.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ravi in Paramus, New Jersey

106 months ago

Dear pooja
are you trying in india or USA. following website can help you
www.aiptedu.com
thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Pooja in Pune, India

106 months ago

As i am in india i am looking for a job here currently but if get any opprotunity in US i will definately go for it.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

qamar in Toronto, Ontario

106 months ago

Hi everyone

I completed CCRA (certified clinical research associate)with MCMaster univ.in Dec. 2008. My education includes M.Sc Chemistry along with experience to work in pharmaceutical industry and Hospital. I have been involved in research activities.
I am interested to work in clinical research setting as CRA/Monitor. if anyone could direct me to the recruiter please.

regards

Qamar Abbas
Toronto

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

heena in Oakville, Ontario

106 months ago

Hi Abbas,
How did you like it? it took one year to complete the course. how many units did you take?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ahmad Rabb in Australia

106 months ago

Need to take up a job as CRA i canada ,am planning migration
simultaneously need to take postgraduate course at Hamber college Ontario

Reply - Report abuse

qamar in Toronto, Ontario

106 months ago

Yeah One year CCRA program at McMAster univ. includes 5-courses. This is really good program. However, univ. must offer a coop / internship in a real clinical setting for those who are newcomers in this field.

Qamar

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

106 months ago

Great advise Sven. I would also advise people not to waste
money and take CCRA courses that are so expensive in many private institutions in Canada. The FDA and Canadian website gives wealth
of information on ICH/GCP, Belmont, TCP (Canada) in their websites.
First, try to get a volountary job any where and then go through
the books and website. Once you have completed two years you can
write your SoCRA or ACRP exams. When you are close to that you
can take the Exam preparation course (offered by both SoCRA and ACRP) and that would help you to write the exams easily. I hope that many pharmaceutical companies and Academic institutions open their space for voluntary training which they do not. They always
complain about confidentiality as a reason for not giving voluntary jobs. This can easily overcome by signing a confidentiality agreement between institution and Volounteer.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Noopur Suba in Ahmadabad, India

106 months ago

hi,
i hav completed my B.pharm n doing a part time course of clinical research in ahmedabad, indai. i wan to go canda. can anybody guide me for which course i shd apply there n HOW??

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

106 months ago

Noopur Suba in Ahmadabad, India said: hi,
i hav completed my B.pharm n doing a part time course of clinical research in ahmedabad, indai. i wan to go canda. can anybody guide me for which course i shd apply there n HOW??

I would recommend the three institutions for the CCRA course in GTA, Canada

1. Humber College (Part time or full time
2. McMaster Universtity (evening courses in class)
3. Michener Institute (Online courses)
The fees are reasonable and they do have good reputation. There are also many private institutions offering CCRA courses which are expensive and I personally do not think you should spend too much money for training. However, this does not mean that you will immediately get a job as Pharma industry will only hire people with experience. The courses does not really matter. Academic institutions might give consideration to courses.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

noopursuba in Ahmadabad, India

106 months ago

thanks a lot for this valuable information. can u tel me hw in canada our indain pharmacy course is being assessed?? or any related information??

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

106 months ago

Noopur Suba in Ahmadabad, India said: thanks a lot for this valuable information. can u tel me hw in canada our indain pharmacy course is being assessed?? or any related information??

Go to www.pebc.ca The Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada for further information. You need to write two exams in order to practice as Pharmacist in Canada.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

katherine

106 months ago

In order to wade through the "red tape" process to get into clinical trials I went to the admistrator of the Cancer Center in the hospital where I work and asked if I could volunteer there once a week (all I have time for) After she positively agreed, all I had to do was ask the nurse running the clinical trials and she was very positive about it and I start after the first of the year. I am getting experience, and I will hope for the best.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

soni in India

106 months ago

hii..jason

can you recommend me any training institutions/colleges/ universities that offer clinical research programs.done with your clinical research course?what do you do?

Reply - Report abuse

soni in India

106 months ago

kelly in Toronto, Ontario said: I took the Clinical Research Course at Humber and I would highly recommend it. Learn alot and are really prepared to go out into the field. Everyone got a job placement at the end for co-op and iwould say 90% of the people were hired by those placements. Placements were for pharma companies, CROs, and hospitals.

hii kelly....

are there any institutions/colleges/universities in canada which offer courses/programs in clinical data mangement .

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

105 months ago

rishi salwan in New Delhi, India said: hi all i want 2 know wch course is better pharmaceutical regulatory affairs or clinical research and which college is best seneca or humber regarding job placement or wages after coarse completion

Both are equally good. It depends on how persuasive you are.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

rishi salwan in New Delhi, India

105 months ago

which course is better in canada pharmaceutical manufacturing or phahrmaceutical regulatory affairs or clinical research associates and which college is best in terms of placement or wages after completion of course

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

geeta in Toronto, Ontario

105 months ago

I would appreciate the people in CCRA Or related job positions to tell us something about their job description....what kind of computer skills are required.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

partha in London, United Kingdom

105 months ago

hi
cl.rcsh market is down
i don't know what they say in india but in europe its down
so do a good research before you decide to invst the money

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

rk in Airdrie, Alberta

105 months ago

I have done clinical research diploma from toronto, but still not abel to get entery level job if some one can help me with good jobs site , i will be realy thankfull

Reply - Report abuse

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

105 months ago

rk in Airdrie, Alberta said: I have done clinical research diploma from toronto, but still not abel to get entery level job if some one can help me with good jobs site , i will be realy thankfull

If you need jobs in Toronto, then, just find out the names of Principal Investigators from Academic institutions/Hospitals/Pharma. Make cold calls/meet with them. You might get part-time or casual jobs like data entry, Research Assistant and then you could move full time. These jobs are hardly advertised. Direct contact really helps. Hope this is useful.

Reply - Report abuse

105 months ago

Hi VJ,

Can you tell me where I can find this information. I know that I can find on-going trails on website ClinicalTrials.gov but there is no info on PI.
You mentioned befor that you take McMaster CCRA Program. Did you finished it? I just started it. May be we can meet there and chat a little? My e-mail: zotovae@gmail.com

Thank you.
Elena

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Herve in Kamp-lintfort, Germany

105 months ago

i Am Hugues Herve from Germany. I completed a Msc. in Biomedical engineering, majoring in molecular Biology. I intent to immigrate to Canada-Montreal in 2 months and am highly interested by a career in Clinical research. i will highly appreciate if anyone could give informations concerning a training school or some direct recruiters.
Thanks in advance

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ravi in Plainfield, New Jersey

105 months ago

I got my training of CRA at www.AIPTedu.com in USA in 2003. Presently I am working in Kendle as Sr. CRA. They have expertise in vocational education over 17 years with qualified staff.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.