CRA Training - Schools in Canada?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 1060)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

harman in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

Nirmal thapa in Boston, Massachusetts said: hi, harman poonia in Brampton, Ontario
,Can you pleaase give me your email address

yes but u can post ur comments right here , i alwez read new messages here. anywez feel free to post ur questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nirmal thapa in Boston, Massachusetts

82 months ago

HI Harman,did u pass your exam for CRA .i Have few questions to u
1]In assessing the potential of an investigator’s financial interest to bias a study, the FDA would not take into account the design and purpose of a study
true or false

2]D. In clinical trials for marketable drugs, it is not possible to obtain research grants
true or false

3] FDA accepts foreign studies not conducted under an IND provided what conditions are present?

Choices:
1. The study was performed by a qualified investigator
2. The study was well designed
3. The study was conducted in accordance with ethical principles acceptable to the world community
4. Answers 1 & 2 only
5. Answers 2 & 3only
. Answers 1, 2 & 3

I would appreciate for your answer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

hi nirmal thapa

no i ven't scored 70 % yet , in last attempt i had scored 69.
anywez
i think answers of ur questions :
1. true
2. false
3. answers 1, 2 & 3.

i hope it would help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Thank you for your answer Harman,did you finished your projects ,I am planning to give my exam for cra without doing projects.is it necessary to do projects 1 to 4.

82 months ago

Thank you for your answer Harman,did you finished your projects ,I am planning to give my exam for cra without doing projects.is it necessary to do projects 1 to 4.

82 months ago

ha ,anyone is there to help me with this question?

70. Which of the following statements is false:

Choices:
A. Placebo concurrent control is used to eliminate all non-pharmacological bias
B. Active concurrent control is used to show efficacy of the experimental treatment is equal to or greater than the existing active treatment
C. Randomization is used to eliminate pre-trial bias
D. Blinding is used to eliminate pharmacological bias
E. No-treatment concurrent control is used where bias is unlikely to have an effect
F. None of the above

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

hi,Harman,my last question to you,

==monitor"s responsibilities in the trial:?

Choices:
A. Acting as the main line of communication between the regulatory authorities and the sponsor
B. Ensuring that written informed consent was received from each patient before their participation in the trial
C. Reporting the subject recruitment rate
D. Determining whether the investigator is maintaining the essential documents
E. All of the above
F. None of the above[IS A ANSWER IS CORRECT OR NOT,IN MY VIEW IT SHOULD BE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN INVESTIGATOR AND SPONSOR ,NOT BETWEEN REGULATORY AUTHORITIES AND THE SPONSOR,]

82 months ago

HI.Harman,if you give me your email or phone no,we can do it together,

82 months ago

hi nirmal thapa

m sure we can finish our course together, email me harmanpoonia@yahoo.ca

no name in Burlington, Ontario

82 months ago

Jason in Burlington, Ontario said: Hi all,

I recently became interested in clin research as a career. However I do not have the training or experience. Can anyone recommend training institutions, or know of a list of college's or universities that offer certification programs? I currently know of only Humber college and McMaster University near my location in Ontario.

Thanks,
Jay.

Hi
You can got to AAPS (Academy of Applied Pharmaceuthical Sciences) and get CRA couse there. Ask for Vera. She is the consultant there. She is great!Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

hi,Harman,I passed the exam ,I got 78 percent ,Now I am looking for job

82 months ago

thta's great nirmal thapa, congrats , for scoring 78 percent, so may i post my questions now ? so that u can help me to pass this exam, ofcoz if u dnt ve any probs
gud luck for job
bye

82 months ago

sure,harman ,u can post me your question,i will try my best to help u

Pooja in York, Ontario

82 months ago

hi nirmal and harman could you guys please help me too.I attempted the exam for 2 times lready and got 64% first attempt and 67% second attempt :(:(.Could we please do it online together ?

thanks

Experienced CRA in Durham, North Carolina

82 months ago

Hello All,
You do not need course work or additional degrees, costing thousands of dollars, in order to break into clinical monitoring. A four-year degree in anything science related will be fine. I have a Ph.D. and wanted to get away from the bench but still get 'credit' for having a higher scientific education. I applied online at the big job websites and called for advice to local research organizations until I got a call back from the HR department of one of the largest CROs in the world. I took a lower-paying job as a trial assistant in exchange for the large company training me on everything I needed to know. I was promoted in ~half the usual time to the CRA role, get multple pay increases per year as well as bonuses, and have been monitoring for nearly 2 years. The key is applying to a large company that can afford the money to train you, avoid signing contracts, and starting at the bottom position. Don't tell the recruiter you 'love to travel', just be clear that you have no problem traveling 3-4 days/wk. You are not applying to be a professional tourist. Read industry magazines to learn the acronyms (CRA, CRO, IRB, DCF, IND, etc). This industry is doing very well and expansion at the large CROs is booming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

reddi in Mississauga, Ontario

82 months ago

Hi CRA,

Thanks for your suggestion. are there any industrial magzines available online? or DO i need to subscribe?

Thanks in advance,
reddi,
Toronto

Shafi in Quebec, Quebec

82 months ago

Hi :)

My name is SHAFI. I am new in the group and its my first question. At the moment, I am doing Ph.D. in Cancer Biology here in Canada.

I am very much interested....please, I would like to know how to start the preparation for the job and industry magaines (as you said) to read...please list some of them. It would like very helpful.

Thank You.

Experienced CRA in Durham, North Carolina said: Hello All,
You do not need course work or additional degrees, costing thousands of dollars, in order to break into clinical monitoring. A four-year degree in anything science related will be fine. I have a Ph.D. and wanted to get away from the bench but still get 'credit' for having a higher scientific education. I applied online at the big job websites and called for advice to local research organizations until I got a call back from the HR department of one of the largest CROs in the world. I took a lower-paying job as a trial assistant in exchange for the large company training me on everything I needed to know. I was promoted in ~half the usual time to the CRA role, get multple pay increases per year as well as bonuses, and have been monitoring for nearly 2 years. The key is applying to a large company that can afford the money to train you, avoid signing contracts, and starting at the bottom position. Don't tell the recruiter you 'love to travel', just be clear that you have no problem traveling 3-4 days/wk. You are not applying to be a professional tourist. Read industry magazines to learn the acronyms (CRA, CRO, IRB, DCF, IND, etc). This industry is doing very well and expansion at the large CROs is booming.

remmodvia in Satellite Provider

82 months ago

I want to study a CRA course when in europe this April. Where is best?

zeb Khan in Ottawa + Montreal, Ontario

82 months ago

Hey, Experienced CRA. Could you email me at Jahan10@gmail.com please? I am travelling to Durham, North Carolina, for work/visiting family and wanted to get your opinion about living conditions. Thank you in advance and I would really appreciate your suggestions.

saif in United Kingdom

82 months ago

hi
iam new to this forum,i recently completed my Msc in medicine management ,and desperately looking for an entry to this industry,so can any body help me finding the way to enter
i got several questions like
weather to take a online course or should i apply straight way

thanks

Anonymously in Rockford, Illinois

82 months ago

Does anyone have sample questions of CRA test? Or can give me example of what the test questions are like? I'm not a good test person but grasp on to learning better with hands on. Unfortunately that not the case with achieving the CRA certification.

Snow in Raleigh, North Carolina

82 months ago

Hi Experienced CRA: DO you mind to send me an e-mail: hn37041@hotmail.com? I live in the same area and would like to talk to you more about this! Thanks a lot!

priya in Canton, Michigan

82 months ago

HI
could anyone suggest good courses for CRA training in the US??
Any colleges like the ones mentioned in canada or online courses that actually help in job placement or getting a job??
Thank you

mikias menberu in Missouri

82 months ago

Hi
I recently completed a CRA course and projects offered by Krigers Research Center and started applying for CRA positions in Canada (for three months now). The information I was filled with before I started the program was that the diploma you get from this program is well recognized by many Biopharmaceutical Co's and CRO's and most graduates (80%) of the program will get jobs within 2 months. An excellent motivation; isn't that? The truth is however none of my applications made it to an interview, let alone to job offer. <comment edited by Host>

Anybody who participated in the program and has a different or similar view is most welcome to comment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

George in Orillia, Ontario

82 months ago

Kelly has their own course, and it is just a GCP course... So, it is not very efficient way to estimate the value of the course by asking competitors.
By saying that Kriger graduates 1000-s students, Kelly just admited how well-known this company is, and this has nothing to do with quality, because they work all over the world.
Kriger course is a serious program and is considered the best in the industry.
You need to contact Kriger training department. They have very efficient ways to assist their graduates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Irina Tsykova in Uxbridge, Ontario

82 months ago

I absolutly agree with George. I took Kriger course 'Clinical Research Program' 1 month ago. I have Master Degree in Pharmacy (Russia, Moscow) and
this course is very professional and helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mikemenb in Missouri

82 months ago

George and Irina, thank you for your comments. I appreciate that.

Irina, did you get a job already?

I am not buying all the words of the lady from Kelly. She didn't have the patience to explain her bold comment anyway. Was like "If you are a graduate of KRC, you are not worth spending my time" kind of reaction. The point I was trying to make was that the "80% graduates within 2 months after graduation" appears to be an exaggerations in my eyes. Therefore, I wished to get first hand information from the graduates themselves.

Bubba in Rockford, Illinois

82 months ago

Nirmal thapa in Boston, Massachusetts said: Thank you for your answer Harman,did you finished your projects ,I am planning to give my exam for cra without doing projects.is it necessary to do projects 1 to 4.

Hey Nirmal,

So do you have to do the projects 1-4? Would it be possible to test question samples?

Thanks,
Bubba

82 months ago

Hi Mike,
No, I didn't get job. I started Kriger course only less than 1 month ago. I am very positive that I will find job after this course. My advice to you go to monster.ca or workopolis (these a big jobes sites) or try to find other recruiters. I understood that you are from USA. I live in Canada. I think that you have more opportunities. I wish you GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

Sorry about the double post. It didn't look like it came out the first time.

Vikram in Milton, Ontario

82 months ago

Jason in Burlington, Ontario said: Hi all,

I recently became interested in clin research as a career. However I do not have the training or experience. Can anyone recommend training institutions, or know of a list of college's or universities that offer certification programs? I currently know of only Humber college and McMaster University near my location in Ontario.

Thanks,
Jay.

Michener is another institute which offers On-line course in Clinical Research Associate Course in Toronto. You could look at their website.

Heer in Brampton, Ontario

82 months ago

Urmila in Toronto, Ontario said: Have any of you tried to find out what the fee is like for AAPS? They are new and have been present at many job fairs and university open houses.No doubt the course content is very much like any other institute that runs the CRA courses but they had a high fee structure in 2006.

HI Urmila
I did my Masters in Biotechnology and im about to finish my Ph.D in biotechnology with specialization in Immunology. I want to do CRA certification as i m PR over here in canada. I did all the degrees in India. Would you please guide me in this regard.

Thanks

Heer in Brampton, Ontario

82 months ago

hIthere
I did my Masters in Biotechnology and im about to finish my Ph.D in biotechnology with specialization in Immunology.As you had written about CRO's,could you please guide me about these CROs(any specific names). Do i need to do CRA certification, actually i dont have any industrial experience.Could you please guide me.

sindhu in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey

82 months ago

hi
what r the CRA schools in new jersy

George in Orillia, Ontario

82 months ago

It seems that they have in-class sessions in NJ
www.kriger.com/training/newjersey%20.htm

VJ in Milton, Ontario

82 months ago

Hi,

In GTA there are quite a few institutes offering CRA course. There are as follows:

1. Humber College (Full and Part-time) Fees $5100 (Full time)
2. Michener (ON-line only) 4 subjects x $630
3. Mc Master's Hamilton 4 x 4 subjects x $795
4.AAPS 24 subjects ($13,000 total fees)

Personally, Humber seems to be much best as it offers 16 subjects and includes on hands training in a pharmaceutical/Biotechnology setting.

In CRA it is the experience rather than course that counts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Hi VJ,
Thanks for information. It is a very useful.
Irina

lcgc2003 in Paramus, New Jersey

81 months ago

sindhu in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey said: hi
what r the CRA schools in new jersy

www.aiptedu.com is one of the best college since 1992 teaching CRA.
hundreds of graduate works in the same field.

81 months ago

Rafi in Toronto, Ontario said: Can any one guide me how much is the fees for Kriger course and what are the scope of becoming a CRA after the course.

Thanks,

Check out this website for fees.

www.kriger.ca/securepayment/crapayment.htm

81 months ago

Rafi in Toronto, Ontario said: Can any one guide me how much is the fees for Kriger course and what are the scope of becoming a CRA after the course.

Thanks,

Check out this website for fees at KGRI

www.kriger.ca/securepayment/crapayment.htm

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

81 months ago

In India, you do not have to have any study a pharma or a science graduate is sufficient. You need to approach a big Pharma laboratory and get a job as assistant to CRA and then move up the ladder. CRA is more about work experience rather than study.

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

81 months ago

rayan said: i am dentist from india i have 7 years of exp. i am intrested in clinical research. what is your opinion about me? can i get a job after graduation?
it is ok for me or not? what is your opinion AAPS-ACADEMY OF APPLIED PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES--PRIVATE SCHOOL IN TORONTO

IT is the most expensive Private college in Canada/GTA. I would like to hear from some one who completed their course in AAPS and got jobs. The other options you have is Humber college (Part-time and full-time $5200 for the entire course), Mc Master University and Michener Institute (both on-line) offerring 4- 5 subjects for 625-795 for each subject. Since you are a dentist I guess these subjects should be sufficient for you.

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

81 months ago

Irina Tsykova in Uxbridge, Ontario said: Hi VJ,
Thanks for information. It is a very useful.
Irina

HI Irina,

Are you at present doing a course or employed as CRA. Can you suggest me which college is better for job prospects and hopw to get a volounter job for training.

reddi in Mississauga, Ontario

81 months ago

Hi VJ,

McMAster course is not online course. it is a part time course. classes form 7-10pm weeekday. i guess humber college is better than any other institute. i heard so many got jobs. bcaz they provide co-op during the course. so companies they absorb the candidate. if u r working somewhere then mcmaster is good. it is conveninent and effordable, recognised.

gudluck.
reddy,
Toronto.

Irina Tsykova in Toronto, Ontario

81 months ago

Hi VJ,
I took Clinical Research Program from Kriger Center in the middle of December 2007. I found this course very useful and interesting. I am unemployed right now, but I haven't have clinical research experience. I worked in Data Managment Department one of the small Pharmaceutical Company. I have only general understanding about clinical research. If you have other questions let me know.
Sincerely,
Irina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VJ in Brampton, Ontario

81 months ago

Thanks for your reply. Just wanted to know if someone who has done CRA course got a job immediately without experience. If experience rather than course is what matters, why bother to do the course. In that case just join a pharma/Biotech firm at a lower level and work your way up is probably the way to go. I love to see a lively discussion on this topic.

81 months ago

ravi in Teaneck, New Jersey said: you also can visitwww.aiptedu.com one of the founder of this program back in 90's. its good program over 15 years with 98% job placement rate.
One of my friend graduate from AIPT at the age of 58 and works as a medical director in USA.
you have opportunity to work in USA/Canada.
Thanks

hi
i heard that this institute is the worst institute is that true

81 months ago

lcgc2003 in Paramus, New Jersey said: www.aiptedu.com is one of the best college since 1992 teaching CRA.
hundreds of graduate works in the same field.

hi i too heard about the institute
but if u see in google u will find worst coments in settlement.org
so i dropped joing in that institute
if u know any thing more about it let me know ple
thanku for responding

Irina Tsykova in Toronto, Ontario

81 months ago

I think that Kriger give us very good materials (information, tables which we can use in real life). However , practical and theoretical knowledge is a different. It is very important have luck and be part of the Biotech/Pharm field. Of course , first time it would be low level in positin, salary , but after. it will be much better. Especialy, if everybody has his/her unique backgroung which we bring in Canada.
Irina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Urmila in Toronto, Ontario

81 months ago

AstraZeneca has branches on this side of the globe also-you should try to get a job in the same company before coming to Canada. It will be easier that way.
Best of luck

US in Canada

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.