Anyone else fail the CNA exam their first time?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 164)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Lindsey Richards in Roseville, Michigan

68 months ago

So I studied for hours, prepared, practiced my skills for weeks and bombed the test today. I feel like an idiot.
I passed handwashing, ROM exercises (lower extermitiy), Partial bedbath, and blood pressure, but i failed indirect skills. I guess I spent too much time memorizing the skills (so I didnt miss any steps) rather than focusing on the basic principles of dignity, privacy and saftey(though I did lower my bed after each skill)So note to anyone who is taking the certification test soon, you can pass the 3 main skills with flying colors but if you dont always ask the patient if their comfortable and give them the call light (manikin or not) then your pretty much not going to pass.

I guess this was a good opportunity for a practice round :-/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (206) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

dootsiedoots in Middletown, New York

61 months ago

I did not lower the bed at the end of perineal care and I forgot to wash my hands at the end of ambulation. Will these two things fail me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (112) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

angelface98002@yahoo.com in Glen Burnie, Maryland

61 months ago

Why so uch money to take the CNA State Exam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Lindsey in Clinton Township, Michigan

60 months ago

I went to american red cross in warren on 11 mile. I was done in 3 weeks. I actually ended up passing my test 2 weeks after i posted that. I think it was a total of $1,000 for the class and test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

j christine in Albertville, Alabama

59 months ago

Has anyone took the skills portion at Central Alabama Community College in Alexander City Alabama.If so, could you please tell me what to exspect? I get so nervous doing my skills in front of someone i dont know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sana in Sterling Heights, Michigan

56 months ago

ralongi in Harrison Township, Michigan said: I'm looking into getting certified but can't find a school I trust. Where did you go in SE Michigan? I don't want to go to Everest and in my search...that's the one that always comes up.

Thanks in advance for the help!

RA

Macomb Community College, Warren has an excellent class for CNA. Cost around $1300. You have good opportunity to practise during Clinical too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jbjrhess in Pinellas Park, Florida

56 months ago

dootsiedoots in Middletown, New York said: I did not lower the bed at the end of perineal care and I forgot to wash my hands at the end of ambulation. Will these two things fail me?

Automatically you will fail for not lowering the bed...sorry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sweetpie83 in ypsilanti, Michigan

55 months ago

By the way I got change of position with back rub.....change occupied bed....and hair and nail care. Passed the occ.bed, and hair and nail, but failed the pos. Backrub....and handwashing! God that one kills me! And I failed indirect care?? Maybee I wasn't talking enough?? Idk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

too embarased in Spring Hill, Florida

55 months ago

sweetpie83 in ypsilanti, Michigan said: By the way I got change of position with back rub.....change occupied bed....and hair and nail care. Passed the occ.bed, and hair and nail, but failed the pos. Backrub....and handwashing! God that one kills me! And I failed indirect care?? Maybee I wasn't talking enough?? Idk.

I took my test last thursday and failed. had feeding resiedent was so neourvous I forgot to put head of bed up first STUPID she said safety issue and I was done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

brooke in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

54 months ago

ralongi in Harrison Township, Michigan said: I'm looking into getting certified but can't find a school I trust. Where did you go in SE Michigan? I don't want to go to Everest and in my search...that's the one that always comes up.

RA

baker college is always a good one to look into, i went their for my cna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Macomb Community College (South Campus, Warren has the best program for CNA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chigoo in Grosse Pointe, Michigan

54 months ago

Lol...did they pay you to advertise for them? thats my school anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Cleveland, Tennessee

54 months ago

can they fail you for messin up on stuff if ur not hurtin the reident like forggetin to raise the bed or washin stuff out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Cleveland, Tennessee

54 months ago

can they fail you for not raising the bed to workin height or clenin stuff out???/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Veronica Parrott in Charlotte, North Carolina

54 months ago

i took the test a week ago and failed was so pissed at my self for failing the skills. failed for not sitting on the bed facing the pt while feeding and because my gown wasn't tied all the way.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Essile in Tucson, Arizona

54 months ago

Hi everyone,
I really need help. I am currently taking a free CNA class (It is part of High School) and it does certify me as a CNA- it's not just a practice class for HS credit. Well, I failed the skills test miserably. My teacher gave me "caregiver" cert which is the next best thing, I guess but I still want to be a CNA. I still haven't taken the written test though- So my question is: if I pass the written test, do I still get to be certified as a CNA, despite failing the skills test?
It would be really disappointing after a whole year of working towards this, but I'd like to know if it's even worth me taking the final written test, which is optional entirely. I REALLY wanted to be a CNA. I can't retake the skills test either, so... ): Someone please get back to me? Thank You it's appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

peggy in Mount Prospect, Illinois

54 months ago

what is the percentage you need to get in order to pass the Illinois CNA written exam? if anyone knows please let me know. I am going to be taking the exam in July.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sweetmelody in North Port, Florida

54 months ago

everything is common sense all you need to do is focus on patient. protect the patient and never leave her alone you always yell out for help believe me you will pass. plus study the hands on i fail in fort myers i went to sarasota 4 days straight but it was worth it in fort myers they are so disorganise. if you need the address let me know. these people that train you also give you cd to watch and hands on and they are husband and wife both doctors. believe me you will not fair with them .. they have a rate of 99persent even thou you have to drive but he will not waste time. what ever you need just emai me . good luck. and god bless you and then i can tell you where to look for work . sign maria

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ladydi 75 in Detroit, Michigan

54 months ago

chrisbo68 in Warren, Michigan said: Scheduled for test at Kramer, was wondering if you could tell me a little more about your experience there. I am very nervous about it. My husband says I am worried for nothing, but I don't think I am.

i am not schedule for the test yet too nervous need help on the experience

54 months ago

Hi,
At Kramer, please make sure that you wash your hand after and before each test. Dont take it easy and ignore washing step by step.
The tester is friendly before and after, not during the test.
Always make sure that you knock at the door, introduce yourself, avoid contamination, talk to the patient, etc.
Be serious about call light. Make sure the call light is within reach.

As your husband said, nothing to be nervous about it. You are prepared to do good and will do good, that is why you are nervous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

ladydw25 in Williamston, North Carolina

53 months ago

I took it the first time and failed the skills portion but i am scheduled to take it again so wish me luck. P.S have anyone taken the test in Greenville NC before if so reply and let me know how it is.

brooke in Birmingham, Michigan

53 months ago

nejla12388 in West Bloomfield, Michigan said: OMG i went through the same thing passed change of position, hair and nail, and blood pressure but failed indirect care ! they gave me a sheet with the indirect care broken down into what is important. after reading through it and studying AGAIN i got oral care, range of motion, and pulse and respiration, despite studying FOREVER i failed again. i passed everything but pulse

so study your indirect and you should be fine

anyone have advise on a good testing site in michigan ?

i know u probably have take your test by now but if anyone ask where to go mott college in fenton is the place to go they have a 96% pass rate and let you correct mistakes

v.g. in West Des Moines, Iowa

53 months ago

Did any one took skill test and written test at DMAAC?

mary in Roseburg, Oregon

50 months ago

I forgot to say "i'm undressing the patient" before placing the bed pan on her- also, we do not know the same day if we faild or not. The lady was a real smart ass and actied like we were stupid for asking her to repeat something or doing an extra step- We have to score at least 80% on the skill part to pass- so I dont know if me forgeting to say that will fail me.
and we do not get to choose what skills- they do. i had foot care, re-positioning, bed pan and denture care= everyone else had simpler ones- ugg

kaburrison in Ann Arbor, Michigan

49 months ago

Go to Washtenaw Community College! They have the BEST training program and the BEST testing facility. Actually, my very nice instructors are also testers.. They just can't test me. Which is lame.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Irving82 in Hammond, Indiana

48 months ago

I took my CNA Skills test at Purdue and I am the only guy in the class. I have to admit I feel out of place awkward. I passed ROM, Handwashing, Oral Temperature, and Fowlers position. I failed occupied bed I forgot to raise the side rail up. I would never do this in real life. I failed it and now I have to retake the whole test again. I don't recommend anyone go to Purdue for CNA. The teacher has no patience and embarrases you at times talks to you like she is your parents when she is certainly not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

skibb100 in O Fallon, Missouri

47 months ago

I JUST got home from taking my CNA test for the second time and failed again. Each time I was just one wrong question over the passing limit. One. I dont believe this. I will not give up. I will pass this time. I will be back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kymmie in Jacksonville, Florida

47 months ago

Before taking the state exam, consider a CNA prep class. In Florida they are fairly reasonable ... and it saves you all the heartaches from retesting plus the delays with all the new law changes as of 8/1. I attended TFN (Training Future Nurses). They prep you on the clinicals & written, plus I got a stethoscope, bp cuff, refresher before state exam for only $300.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

UpstateNyDoll in Poughkeepsie, New York

47 months ago

I just took my NY state exam and while I was washing my hands, I put more soap on my hands before I finished washing my hands, she wrote something down, I hope this was not a wrong move on my part, While I was doing feeding I also forgot to pull the curtain for privacy, and I dfon't even know how I did on pulse and respirations. I'll be so pissed if I fail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

forever4given77 in Englewood, Colorado

46 months ago

Hey, I was just wondering. Is tagging wrong? Last night I marked my residents briefs, with date and time. I have been doing this for years, well one of my residents was left all night in urine until the next day. One of the lousy cna's didn't change her. Now the nurse is angry because it was her shift. She is saying it's a dignity issue, is it? Where can I get something to prove either which way? She needs to worry about the abuse and neglect she allowed on her shift.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sweettanji in Hamtramck, Michigan

45 months ago

chigoo in Grosse Pointe, Michigan said: Lol...did they pay you to advertise for them? thats my school anyway.

LMAOOOOOO i know rightttt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

goodguy in Redford, Michigan

43 months ago

RA

go to home health care in michigan 2 weeks 575 is the cost 2 weeks the number is greenfield and 6 mile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dbluv9393 in Poughkeepsie, New York

43 months ago

UpstateNyDoll in Poughkeepsie, New York said: I just took my NY state exam and while I was washing my hands, I put more soap on my hands before I finished washing my hands, she wrote something down, I hope this was not a wrong move on my part, While I was doing feeding I also forgot to pull the curtain for privacy, and I dfon't even know how I did on pulse and respirations. I'll be so pissed if I fail.

do you remember who your instructor was?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Diana in Grandville, Michigan

42 months ago

They are pretty touchy and more exacting on skills in Michigan.
I watched some other state skill tests from other states and they did not have as many steps or requirements, it seemed. For example, Michigan catheter care requires two washrags, make them into mitts. Also have to clean cath and wash perineal area. The other state I looked at did not seem to wash perineal area after cath care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

elihope69 in North Fort Myers, Florida

42 months ago

failed skills passed written. feel like the instructor was way to uptight and didnt even give me a f###in chance. sucks im so dissapointed and pissed. will try again. nerves also got the best of me.

D. Matthews in Apple Valley, California

42 months ago

wcvet in Hayward, California said: anyone know of free cna trainning ?. what facilities offer cna trainning while you work as an na.? anyone work or get hired as an na?

any info would be a big help thanks.

I took my CNA course through San Diego's ROP (regional occupational programs)through the community adult education center for my area. I only cost the price of the uniform and books (98 dollars). Look up your adult education centers and see if they offer it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

904 diamond in Van Hornesville, New York

41 months ago

well i took my exam and clinical on may 13 and i think i did well on both but i have not seen my name on the registry . i was told if your name is not on the registry then . you did not pass.so i am metally preparing myself to take it again. but i get a call from one my class mate . she said that she did not see her name on the registry but they did send hr her certification in th mail.well im will not be upset if i did not pass i will just take it again.im also in school at penn foster taking medical, coding and billing. and that much harder but im going at my own pase. so look dont get all upset if you dont pass do your best and give Jesus the rest.smile you tried

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SHANNON in Kissimmee, Florida

41 months ago

sousou in Jacksonville, Florida said: I passed the test 10 days ago,I failed tthe skills test,I passed 3 skills(handwashing,occupied bed,taking pulse and respiration),but I failed in the transfering the patient from bed to wheel chair,I thought that I did good,but they said I didn't put the patient's feet flat in the floor before transferI DIDN'T ADJUSTE HIS POSITION AFTER TRANSFER IN THE CHAIR.

WHEN YOU DID THE OCCUPIED BED AFTER THE SKILL WAS U TO LOWER THE RAILS OR KEEP THEM UP

Sarah in Staten Island, New York

41 months ago

You all sound like a bunch of idiots. Obviously you didn't bother to study and pay attention in your classes if you couldn't pass the exam. I mean really-forgetting something as simple as washing your hands?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (65) Reply - Report abuse

ChrisM in East Saint Louis, Illinois

41 months ago

peggy in Mount Prospect, Illinois said: what is the percentage you need to get in order to pass the Illinois CNA written exam? if anyone knows please let me know. I am going to be taking the exam in July.

80%. It's pass/fail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

char in Riverdale, Georgia

40 months ago

anyone take the cna class at newlife tech in atlanta ga the class is 400.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fenleyn in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

40 months ago

sousou in Jacksonville, Florida said: I passed the test 10 days ago,I failed tthe skills test,I passed 3 skills(handwashing,occupied bed,taking pulse and respiration),but I failed in the transfering the patient from bed to wheel chair,I thought that I did good,but they said I didn't put the patient's feet flat in the floor before transferI DIDN'T ADJUSTE HIS POSITION AFTER TRANSFER IN THE CHAIR.

hi, i did my state test today, did denture care i clean the denture but forgot to do the patient mouth. pass the written but mess up on the mouth, any know you get the same skill to do when you retake the exam? .....please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Casselberry, Florida

40 months ago

Sarah in Staten Island, New York said: You all sound like a bunch of idiots. Obviously you didn't bother to study and pay attention in your classes if you couldn't pass the exam. I mean really-forgetting something as simple as washing your hands?

Agreed. Washing your hands is one of THE biggest things that they watch for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JA in Jacksonville, Florida

40 months ago

fenleyn in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: hi, i did my state test today, did denture care i clean the denture but forgot to do the patient mouth. pass the written but mess up on the mouth, any know you get the same skill to do when you retake the exam? .....please let me know.

I took the CNA exam 2days ago and it was a nerve wrecking experience, one thing I skill I messed up on was on the feeding I did not lower the bed down and that is a safety issue. I was very nervous that the proctor would fail me for that but I'm very thankful that I passed both the written and the clinical part. I had 2 people in there that took the exam the second time and they told me that they gave them a different skills to do, they also passed. It is all computer generated to you don't really know what you are going to get. Just review the list of you clinical skills and you should pass, you can get this list on the prometric website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sumi begum in Detroit, Michigan

38 months ago

I took my today but I fail because of my time was ran out I did eve thing right. its very sad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Did you pass your exam at kramer center in warren Mi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Please give any suggestion how to completed the skills part fast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NotYoMama in Johnson City, Tennessee

38 months ago

I have a question for anyone with testing experience. I took my test and for some reason (I still do not know why) the tester really did not like me, she was very rude and did not want to be there. When I got my test results back I was feeling good as I thought I had passed, although when I looked, I had failed 4 skills including hand washing. I hope not to sound too dramatic but I remember very clearly doing a lot of the steps she wrote me off for failing, I even remember verbalizing them. Has anyone else had an experience like this? I feel odd telling people I failed unfairly because a lot of people would not believe me but in this case the instructor really was being unfair.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

misssie27 in Midland, Michigan

38 months ago

I took State last week, I had feeding, cheange pos with back rub and make an occupies bed. I thought i did everything correct, but the tester asked me if i thought i missed something with the pos with back rub, I realized what I didnt do and repliied oh no yes!! I forgot to put the pillow inbetween knees. She said I was corrrect and failed me. I passed feeding, Making occupied bed, hand washing and Indirect Care. I could slap myself for forgetting pillow. I felt like a total moron. I guess I will try and take this again. Hoping 2nd time is a charm. But its not like this is cheap to do. Im hoping i pass the 2nd time. Will I get 3 diffrent skills? does anyone know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

(missie27in)
Where Did you took your CNA exam At Thompson community center(Kramer) in warren mi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.