Anyone else fail the CNA exam their first time?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 162)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Hey in Vero Beach, Florida

31 months ago

ashbaby in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania said: i scheduled to take the CNA state test in Darby,philadelphia,i ve read n practised all the skills but i can,t seem to get the blood pressure measurement correct,i just dont know how to do the two step thing,can anyone give me a simple two way measurement?the test is on the 25 february 2011,am so scared poeple,help.

good thing for you--- it's not required anymore. At least not in Florida, they just did away with it.I don't know if that is for everywhere or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hey in Vero Beach, Florida

31 months ago

dude in Livonia, Michigan said: Does anyone ever pass on their first try?

Yeah I did. If you pay attention in the class or your notes you'll do fine.
I was amazed that the person I was partnered with to do clinicals did almost everything wrong....didnt wash her hands right, didnt close the curtain on any clinicals, didnt wipe my mouth after feeding, and didn't do alot. she had a safety warning and she still passed, I was amazed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne in Flint, Michigan

31 months ago

hello i was wondering how many questions can you get wrong before you fail the writting part?

and also when you get you three skills can you go in any order of doing them or do it as they say to do it?
thanks

btw im testing march 5 at mott community college

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ashbaby in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

hi folks,i passed the CNA test for the first time and is thanks to most of your useful advice,i got handwashing,nail care,transfer fro, bed to wheel chair,pulse and donning and removing PPE gown,what i will say to all those getting ready for the test is that never panic,after you ve performed your skill,waite,go over every step in your head before you report to the evaluator that you have finished,never rush,if you made a mistake in a skill ,tell the evaluator and ask of permission to perform that skill,i believe with these you will be able to pass,GOOD LUCK FOLKS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

ashbaby in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

Suzanne in Flint, Michigan said: hello i was wondering how many questions can you get wrong before you fail the writting part?

and also when you get you three skills can you go in any order of doing them or do it as they say to do it?
thanks

btw im testing march 5 at mott community college

HI I GUESS YOU HAVE TO SCORE 60% BEFORE YOU WILL PASS THE WRITTING,AND THE SKILL TEST IT DEPENDS ON YOUR EVALUATOR,BUT YOU CAN STILL ASK THE EVALUATOR WHICH ONES YOU FEEL COMFPRTABLE DOING FIRST,IF SHE SAYS IS OK TO DO IT ,THEN YOU DO IT,BUT PLEASE NEVER ARGUE OR CHALLENGE THE EVALUATOR ,YOU WILL FAIL IF YOU DO THAT,GOODLUCK.77

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne in Flint, Michigan

30 months ago

thanks hun i passed to day it was a piece of cake

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Humajan in Jacksonville, Florida

30 months ago

Hello everyone! For the course, I went at Red Cross. The RN was awesome. She would tell us every Dos and Don'ts. I passed the written part, but failed the skills part because I thought I knew everything.that, I was going too fast- FORGOT TO WEAR GLOVES!
I'm scheduled to take it again tomorrow at 9:00am

Wish me luck, and I wish you'll luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenny7777

29 months ago

Mummy in Detroit, Michigan said: I agree. The staff at Mott Community College are caring and professional. They understand that you are nervous and will ensure that you feel comfortable. I love Mott CC in Fenton. I would highly recommend anyone to go there as well. It's worth the drive even if you live a great distance away.

Very True.

jenny7777

29 months ago

If you live in MI. test at Mott C.C. You'll be treated fair and with respect.

Lovely in Valley Stream, New York

29 months ago

Oh my Gosh took my test Thursday and today friday i checked online to see if i passed my skills and I did!! I thought i failed bc she had to correct me and then I got nervous but she was nice and very helpful. After reviewing what i DID do wrong there were 3 things. 1.Hand and fingernail care Does not clean hand surfaces using wet washcloth, cleaning between fingers, and if soap used, rinse or remove soap using a clean soap-free wet washcloth?
2.Indirect Care Does not use Standard Precautions and infection control measures when providing care? (IC-Feeding)
3.Indirect Care Does not use Standard Precautions and infection control measures when providing care? (IC-Hand & Nail)

She was very nice. I excelled at speaking to the pt. tho. I definately encourage those Indirect Care skills. I had feeding, ambulation and hand and nail care. Good luck to everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mooning in Lansing, Michigan

29 months ago

nejla12388 in West Bloomfield, Michigan said: OMG i went through the same thing passed change of position, hair and nail, and blood pressure but failed indirect care ! they gave me a sheet with the indirect care broken down into what is important. after reading through it and studying AGAIN i got oral care, range of motion, and pulse and respiration, despite studying FOREVER i failed again. i passed everything but pulse

so study your indirect and you should be fine

anyone have advise on a good testing site in michigan ?

I took mine at Mt. Pleasant Area Technical Center. I failed twice. I know!!! I took that two failed test at my Community College and they suck!!! But I am happy now. MPATC is the best place to be. =) Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mooning in Lansing, Michigan

29 months ago

sumi begum in Detroit, Michigan said: Please Any can tell me Am i going to get the same skills that I had first time, Because of I failed, I couldn't get change to completed my skills in timely my time was gone.
I had only 25 minute to completed my task, and I couldn't get change to perform the blood pressure before that my time was gone.

Am i going to get the blood pressure second time ? I hate taking blood pressure, I hope this time i won't get the skill.

No, you won't get the same skills. But, I am pretty sure you are going to get either pulse/resp or ht/wt. Practice those things, too. I failed on my 1st and 2nd but I passed my third today. =) You will do fine. Just don't forget to think and rethink while you are doing the skill.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nyknak in Detroit, Michigan

28 months ago

May last week of class/clinicals starts Monday May 28,2012 and I am very nervous about the CNA state exam (even though I have yet to sign up for it). I was told by my instructor to go to a college for the exam. Has anyone on here taken their state exam at either WC3 or HFCC (both in Michigan)? If so what was your experience like? And ANY advice will be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stewartmarie70@yahoo.com in Jacksonville, Florida

28 months ago

Kymmie in Jacksonville, Florida said: Before taking the state exam, consider a CNA prep class. In Florida they are fairly reasonable ... and it saves you all the heartaches from retesting plus the delays with all the new law changes as of 8/1. I attended TFN (Training Future Nurses). They prep you on the clinicals & written, plus I got a stethoscope, bp cuff, refresher before state exam for only $300.

monday the 4th im taking the cna test and im so nervous, if i fail,i want to know where this prep class is, can you put the address and phone number down

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

elizabeth 28 in Davisburg, Michigan

27 months ago

i took my cna class at warren health academy in waterford mi and it only costed me 600 dollars and you can pay 200 to start but have to have it all paid off with then the 2 weeks of class.. the instructor was mrs. warren she was a great teacher. also not sure if anyone else knows this but in the state of mi if you find a job in as a cna within the first yr of your training and the facility that you are employeed by accepts medicaid they have to reimburse you the full ammount of your classes and state test upon employment...

elizabeth 28 in Davisburg, Michigan

27 months ago

Nyknak in Detroit, Michigan said: May last week of class/clinicals starts Monday May 28,2012 and I am very nervous about the CNA state exam (even though I have yet to sign up for it). I was told by my instructor to go to a college for the exam. Has anyone on here taken their state exam at either WC3 or HFCC (both in Michigan)? If so what was your experience like? And ANY advice will be greatly appreciated.

go to mott community college they are really good there and actually give you a chance.. dont be to nervous though it will cause you to mess up.. just go in there with your head high and block everyone out act like your really on the job and noone is watching you. this is what i did and i passed good luck

RS in Tempe, Arizona

27 months ago

Hi everyone i am going to do my skills and my writing test two more weeks i need GOOD LUCK FROM EVERYONE i am so nerves i hope i pass it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nikolinaelmo in Hammond, Indiana

27 months ago

So I go to Purdue Cal in Hammond, Indiana and I am taking the CNA class there. I am so nervous about the skill test. We have two tests one is the written which will be 100 Q's and can be passes with 80%, and our skill test which we have to pass with 100% accuracy. If we mess up we get 3 tries for each test. We have 48 procedures and come test time it will be a random draw of having to do 5 of any of the 48. My biggest thing is trying to study and get this. We are currently doing clinicals and it's going well but I'm so scared I'm not going to pass it. It's really hard to stay positive when I'm struggling. Even though I'm studying it's like my brain had a hard time retaining it. I don't want to remember this stuff, I want to know it. But if anyone has gone to this school and take this course and has any advice please respond back I would really appreciate it.

tapies2324 in Knoxville, Tennessee

27 months ago

mkaniarz in Hendersonville, North Carolina said: yes i did. I came from florida and otherwise let my many years of experience influence me . Old habits are hard to break. Go by the book...excatly to pass

Exact same thing happened to me when I moved from FL to TN. I guess we spent to long doing this the real way instead of the right way lol

KiaraK8 in Blair, South Carolina

27 months ago

Hi Everyone! I was hoping to see comments from people who have took the skills part in South Carolina but seems like Im the only one. I'll be taking my CNA exam in a couple weeks. Im so nervous! I dont wanna fail my 1st time. I really want to pass and hopefully be able to get a job soon. Its so nerve wrecking because I be getting so nervous and that could make me miss a step in one of my skills. UGH. I cant wait to get this over with. Alot of everyone else's comments are really helpful tho, Please keep the comments rolling lol. I need help.

farideh in Fairfax, Virginia

26 months ago

sweetmelody in North Fort Myers, Florida said: Andrea hi! i took the written test and pass but the physical skill failed. can you tell me if you had to fold the wash cloth in aform of a mitten. i need to know how to do this one i search in the internet but and seen a video but nothing in the form of folding cloth in form of mitten. can you tell me the step you took or is there a video where i can look at it. please write back thank you

hello my dear friend sure you can asily tye online skills video to see how to do the correctly for each skills as many times as you needed. wish you goodluck le tme know for future a swell take care Farideh Espahrom

26 months ago

Irving82 in Hammond, Indiana said: I took my CNA Skills test at Purdue and I am the only guy in the class. I have to admit I feel out of place awkward. I passed ROM, Handwashing, Oral Temperature, and Fowlers position. I failed occupied bed I forgot to raise the side rail up. I would never do this in real life. I failed it and now I have to retake the whole test again. I don't recommend anyone go to Purdue for CNA. The teacher has no patience and embarrases you at times talks to you like she is your parents when she is certainly not.

I know! I'm in it right now and Im so nervous.I was to give a shower at the nursing home and she took over!And still signed me off on it! I was not in a good mood about that. So did you actually end up passing it? We have one guy in our class too.

26 months ago

nikolinaelmo in Hammond, Indiana said: I know! I'm in it right now and Im so nervous.I was to give a shower at the nursing home and she took over!And still signed me off on it! I was not in a good mood about that. So did you actually end up passing it? We have one guy in our class too.

Did you end up passing the course? Do you know if you would have to pay again?

Renee in Warsaw, New York

26 months ago

The written test is relatively painless. Just took the CNA exam this afternoon and passed both parts with flying colors.

But...Yes, there's a but :) I made mistakes. The examiners expect you to-they know you're nervous and you're new. What you have to remember are your beginning and ending steps, patient safety and infection control. That's what can crash and burn you right there. Wash your hands BEFORE you even step into the room so you're not transferring germs when you check the name bracelet. When they tell you that you don't have to wash, you just have to tell them, make sure you do-both before and after.

If you make a mistake, tell the instructor and correct it ASAP. I let go of the patient while ambulating to move a chair out of the way, which would have failed me if I hadn't corrected myself immediately, explained to the examiner why it was wrong and what I should have done. She didn't dock me for that AT ALL. There was also a skill where I got to the end and realized I'd missed a (small) step. I explained that to the examiner as well, and while she noted it on my notes she still passed me for the skill.

The best advice I can give is to go through the checklist in your head and make sure everything's where it should be (including the bedside table!) before you say, "I'm done". And good luck!

mariner in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

Go to the Pearson Vue website, I've provided the link here: www.asisvcs.com/indhome.asp?CPCat=0639NURSE
Pearson Vue has a written test exam you can take to see where you are with the general info from the overall school course. Note the areas you are weak in and review accordingly.

Request or get a copy of: The Nurse Aide Candidate Handbook or Blue Book. It is put out by Pearson Vue and the NNAAP (National Nurse Aide Assessment Program), you can get it from the RedCross branch office in your state or you can download it from the Pearson Vue website. It gives you an overview of both test. Written and Skills. It list all of the skills you will be tested on and gives you a breakdown of all of the steps with each skill.

The Booklet has a breakdown of the sections of the written test that you will be asked questions. It also gives you by percentage, what areas you will be tested on. For example:

Physical Care Skills

Activities of Daily Living 14%
Basic Nursing Skills 39%
Restorative Skills 7%

All of this info should help you nail it. Just make it a point to cover the materials outlined and pay attention to those sections, you'll be just fine.

mariner in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

All states have both written and skills. You have to pass both. The key to passing is to practice the skills just as laid out in the Nurse Aide Candidate Handbook. You can download this from the Pearson Vue website, I've included a link here:

www.asisvcs.com/indhome.asp?CPCat=0639NURSE

You can also get a copy from the RedCross test site branch office in your area. The key to passing is to be step perfect with regard to the ways the skills are laid out in the Nurse Aide Candidate Handbook. This is what the evaluator will be using to determine your score.

You have to be diligent and really pay attention. There is a reason why so many people are failing either the written, the skills or both. I used a variety of aids to flesh things out for myself, including youtube.com cna skills videos. Someone has made a video on virtually every skill in the test. It is why I passed the skills section.

One of my skills was the 2step blood pressure measurement. They taught the skill wrong in my school. I would have failed the test if I did it the way I was taught. What saved me was going the extra mile and fleshing out the info. As noted, I did this by utilizing whatever available resources I could find to make sure I had it down.

Practice all of the skills like you are doing it in a real environment. Talk out loud to note what step you are doing until you have it down cold. For ex: "I am going to wash my hands, I will tell the client what the procedure will be, I will provide privacy, I will lower the bed" This will keep you focused and it will make you pay attention to what you are doing. Try to use props that relate to the skill you are practicing. Get it to be as close to being as real as possible.

The written test is pretty easy and straight forward just pay attention to the sections outlined in the Nurse Aide Candidate Handbook. They provide an overview of questions that will be asked and a practice test exam. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Robin in Taylorsville, North Carolina

25 months ago

We have a great exam review. Visit www.cnaquick.com

Ctaylor103 in Detroit, Michigan

19 months ago

Nyknak in Detroit, Michigan said: May last week of class/clinicals starts Monday May 28,2012 and I am very nervous about the CNA state exam (even though I have yet to sign up for it). I was told by my instructor to go to a college for the exam. Has anyone on here taken their state exam at either WC3 or HFCC (both in Michigan)? If so what was your experience like? And ANY advice will be greatly appreciated.

I planned on taking mines at HFCC! How was your experience there? I have one question, i seem to get tripped up on once you enter the patients room and introduce yourself, Do you wash your hands before you grab your materials?

Kat14 in Lansing, Michigan

19 months ago

Essile in Tucson, Arizona said: Hi everyone,
I really need help. I am currently taking a free CNA class (It is part of High School) and it does certify me as a CNA- it's not just a practice class for HS credit . Well, I failed the skills test miserably. My teacher gave me " caregiver " cert which is the next best thing, I guess but I still want to be a CNA. I still haven't taken the written test though- So my question is: if I pass the written test, do I still get to be certified as a CNA, despite failing the skills test?
It would be really disappointing after a whole year of working towards this, but I'd like to know if it's even worth me taking the final written test, which is optional entirely. I REALLY wanted to be a CNA. I can't retake the skills test either, so... ): Someone please get back to me? Thank You it's appreciated.

If you have a Caregiver cert., I think it is a good start. You can get a job as a CG and you can practice while earning. There are so many facilities that hires CGs. And if you are confident enough, then you can take your CNA test. BTW, CNA testing is not as hard as you thought. It is easy. You only need your confidence and your active mind to do it.

Claudiapatx in Port Arthur, Texas

18 months ago

Ctaylor103 in Detroit, Michigan said: I planned on taking mines at HFCC! How was your experience there? I have one question, i seem to get tripped up on once you enter the patients room and introduce yourself, Do you wash your hands before you grab your materials?

I'd gather the materials I needed before I even get in the room. Here's a good video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8ZMEpxZZ4

Roman in Riga, Latvia

18 months ago

Been studying CNA subject for a while already. As with any test or exam - practicing gives results. Try passing online practice exams. You will train both - CNA and passing tests.

For quick reference:
<a href="www.cnaonline.info/cna-online-test-list">Online practice test</a><br>
<a href="www.asisvcs.com/publications/pdf/069912.pdf">Practice exam PDF</a>

Roman in Riga, Latvia

18 months ago

Been studying CNA subject for a while already. As with any test or exam - practicing gives results. Try passing online practice exams. You will train both - CNA and passing tests.

For quick reference:
www.cnaonline.info/cna-online-test-list - Online practice test
www.asisvcs.com/publications/pdf/069912.pdf - Practice exam PDF

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

miles_cynthia in Kerrville, Texas

14 months ago

I finished my CNA class but haven't taken the Exam yet. It won't take place for another 6 weeks. Unlike some of the class that gets to go back to the Nursing Home to work until testing, I don't work at a Nursing Home. I just work in Home Health. Although I can practice a few things with my one client, there are several skills that I cannot. I was wondering if I watch the CNA UTUBE Videos, which are VERY good and have been very helpful, and study my book also, even though I am not in a position every single day to do each and every skill, will my chances of passing the SKILLS Test be good by watching them over and over? Has anybody out there passed the EXAM SKILLS simply by studying the UTUBE CNA VIDEOS? What are my chances?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

miles_cynthia in Kerrville, Texas

13 months ago

All 4 of us passed our Exam today! The SKILLS AND the WRITTEN! We all felt like it was a miracle! Our examiner was very lenient compared to what I read about other Examiners! I'm sure I speak for ALL of us when I say" I'M SO GLAD IT'S OVER!!!" What a NERVE RACKING EXPERIENCE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

seeish in Fresno, California

10 months ago

today i took my state test in fresno ca. i believe that you have at least one or two chances to correct yourself if there is any mistake you think you have forgotten after they told you to look at the 6 principal and so i did correct myself saying " that i should of had tied the gait belt." and she still end up failing me for that. i went to ask why when i have chances to change and correct my mistake, she told me i suppose to correct it while i was doing my skills not after im done with the skills.

Kat in Lansing, Michigan

10 months ago

I remember, unless you said "Done", you can still correct whatever mistake you thought you have made... You can still go back and correct it... but if you are doing the next task then you remember correcting your mistake, that I don't know. It varies on the state policy. My thought.

seeish in Fresno, California

10 months ago

no i never say i was done yet while she told me to look at the 6 principle i correct myself then but she told me i have to correct myself while i was doing the skills. but i even ask others about it and they say we could correct it after but just dont say that your done with the skills and i never say that. i pass all the other skills but only that small part that im for sure i correct myself. even my pather heard it too. she even think i was gonna pass for sure but at the end i fail on that one part.

Kat in Lansing, Michigan

10 months ago

I'm sorry to hear. I failed twice! I was so mad so I had to look for a better testing center. My own school failed me, imagine that? You will pass. Practice makes perfect and be confident. I think these teachers are happy to see us fail and pressured. Lol... Good luck...

Bevel in Memphis, Tennessee

9 months ago

seeish in Fresno, California said: no i never say i was done yet while she told me to look at the 6 principle i correct myself then but she told me i have to correct myself while i was doing the skills. but i even ask others about it and they say we could correct it after but just dont say that your done with the skills and i never say that. i pass all the other skills but only that small part that im for sure i correct myself. even my pather heard it too. she even think i was gonna pass for sure but at the end i fail on that one part.

I think it's very Ok to fail Forward! It doesn't matter how often you fail; What matters is the one time that you Succeed! Don't give up...get up and try again until you pass if that's your mission. Never worry what others may say or think...Some of the greatest people in life have failed Forward...Many of our greatest leaders in America have failed forward. So hold your head up high and keep it moving! Check out my new CNA blog and let me know if you need more motivation. You can do this and there is a winner in you!

Hope I was a bit of help and here's the blog...please click "Follow" to get my CNA updates: wp.me/3KVRw

Liz in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

Multiple people fail their first time. Make sure you're taking the practice exams to help familiarize yourself with the questions that will be in the actual CNA exam. There are CNA practice exam on www.findcnaclasses.com/cna-test/.

samantha. in Chipley, Florida

8 months ago

samantha.o="Lindsey Richards in Roseville, Michigan"]So I studied for hours, prepared, practiced my skills for weeks and bombed the test today. I feel like an idiot.
I passed handwashing, ROM exercises (lower extermitiy), Partial bedbath, and blood pressure, but i failed indirect skills. I guess I spent too much time memorizing the skills (so I didnt miss any steps) rather than focusing on the basic principles of dignity, privacy and saftey(though I did lower my bed after each skill)So note to anyone who is taking the certification test soon, you can pass the 3 main skills with flying colors but if you dont always ask the patient if their comfortable and give them the call light (manikin or not) then your pretty much not going to pass.

I guess this was a good opportunity for a practice round :-/
I passed my clinicals and failed the written part bt I want to work nw. What do I do? W8t till I rewrite the written?

k in OREGON in Iowa

8 months ago

WELL IM VERY NERVOUS FOR MY TEST COMING UP AND ESPECIALLY AFTER READING UR COMMENT BECAUSE IM GOING TO ROSEBURG ALSO. DID U PASS OR FAIL THE FIRST TIME?

8 months ago

Well, 4 d 1st tym, I passed my clinical skills test but I failed the written part.I learnt u will av 2 wait 4 30 dys b4 u can register 2 rewrite . I wished I passed both so I wud b workn by nw bt its nt possible so I'm stl w8tn 2 retest b4 & pass b4 I cn strt wrkn.

nurse101 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

8 months ago

failed skills 1st time many years ago, took coarse just last summer pasted written and skills first try just review your material create flash cards for skills and practice them with some if u can just believe in your self you can do it

michell16q in Springdale, Arkansas

7 months ago

I have an important question is it legal for the lady to correct your mistake even if you didn't notice it? I fail my cna skills part my first try too its depressing but hopefully I pass my second

7 months ago

Okay. I dnt think so.

pwhite

7 months ago

Hello , My name is Trisha, I failed 1st time. The second
exam was soooo much easier. Im in Ga.
No worries,

7 months ago

Kat in Lansing, Michigan said: I'm sorry to hear. I failed twice! I was so mad so I had to look for a better testing center. My own school failed me, imagine that? You will pass. Practice makes perfect and be confident. I think these teachers are happy to see us fail and pressured. Lol... Good luck...

Thanks so much. I am preparing to rewrite the written part. I am not worried because I believe God is in control & everything works out for our good. It is well in JESUS nme. Amen.

7 months ago

Okay. That's good to know. Thank you. I am preparing to rewrite the written part.

Scarlett Rose in Kerrville, Texas

7 months ago

God was with me! Studied, practiced, got so nervous I washed my hands 3 times while handling the dentures! Forgot to LOCK THE BED WHEELS, and hand her the CALL LIGHT! I had dentures, dressing a patient, and sitting the patient up on side of bed. I was so nervous it seemed like I forgot everything! Although I have been a HHA for 15 years, I believe it was my bedside manner she was concerned about. She said I did VERY well!!! How could that be when I forgot so many things that I felt were important??? Not only did she pass me, she passed ALL the other ladies in the class! We had been warned from our R.N. to be careful and not to forget anything as one little thing such as NOT locking the wheels, or handing over the call light, or washing hands before you left the room would FAIL you! And as many times as I washed my hands in the beginning, guess who forgot to wash her hands upon leaving?!!??! It was incredible! Now I have not had ONE problem doing ALL those things since, but all I can think is that there is NO WAY you can forget those things and PASS unless GOD is WITH YOU! I made a 100% on the written but I give GOD all the praise!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.