CNA Recertification and Reciprocity

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Dee Smith in New York

59 months ago

I was a CNA in the state of GA over 10yrs ago. I have sinced moved to NY and been a stay at home mom but would like to restart a career in Nursing once again. I wanted to know if I need to take the recertification test in GA and then apply for reciprocity in NY or can I just take the test here? Also what is the average salary for CNA's here in NY?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

elaine cooper in Waco, Texas

55 months ago

I'VE BEEN WORKING AS A NURSES AIDE SINCE I WAS 18 AND I HAVE BEEN CERTIFIED SINCE 2002.I AM A HARD WORKER AND I DECIDED TO WORK IN THE FIELD AGAIN.I'M CURRENTLY ATTENDING SCHOOL AT MCLENNAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOR NURSING(LVN)AND I AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD JOB UNTIL I GET MY DEGREE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

truehart in Las Vegas, Nevada

54 months ago

Dee Smith in New York said: I was a CNA in the state of GA over 10yrs ago. I have sinced moved to NY and been a stay at home mom but would like to restart a career in Nursing once again. I wanted to know if I need to take the recertification test in GA and then apply for reciprocity in NY or can I just take the test here? Also what is the average salary for CNA's here in NY?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

the easiest way for you is to take the test back in ga because vyou have been out of the field for so long if you wanted your cert in ny they would make you take the class and the test but as long as you were a cna in ga alls you need to do is retest and then transfer to ny thats what i had to do in mn to transfer to washington the test is 130 dollars now study first cuz if you fail you need to pay all over again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Janice Bailey in San Lorenzo, California

52 months ago

I was a CNA/HHA in SF CA about 20 yrs ago, I worked as a CNA/HHA for about 11 yrs at it. I am now a independent contractor with my own business as a Lic. Childcare Provider. Things have been tuff here in CA 4 out of 5 of my parents lost there jobs which caused my income to drop considerably. I havn't been able to replace my clints and my income just doesn't cut it, so I would like to do my CNA/HHA at nights. The question is what do I need to do to be reinstateted/recertified. HELP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MrBunny in Los Altos, California

51 months ago

I am a CNA here in NJ and i am planning to move to CA. I asked my friends over there what i needed to do in order for me to work as a CNA, they told me to just apply for a reciprocity. Anyone know any info about my problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dianne Petersen in Necedah, Wisconsin

50 months ago

I am currently certified in CA.as CNA & HHA. However, I am now living in WI.and need to either transfer my certification to WI. or renew them for the next two years in CA. I was told it would be easier to apply for recipocity here in WI. Since I have not been employed in the last two years in a Skilled Nursing Care Facility I have been told that I will have to take a recertification test for both. My certification expires March 4, 2010 and I need to know where to go. Is there any internet testing available for people having medical experience that have worked in multiple medical fields. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christine Jay in Saint Marys, Georgia

50 months ago

I have been certified both in Minnesota and Wisconsin, which transferred to Maryland. I also completed the first year of the associates degree nursing program in Md. I am considering re-entering the field of nursing as a CNA in Ga. I have 12 years experience as a CNA. About half of this time was spent working on a skilled nursing unitin a nursing home, while the remaining half has been in the hospital setting.

Please advise whom I would contact in order to test out for re-certification, or would this be required?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dianne Petersen in Necedah, Wisconsin

50 months ago

In reply to Christine's questions. I obtained a Nurse Aide Out- Of State Application and instructions over the internet. I have to fill out the forms and send them to the state where my certificat-ions as a CNA and HHA are about to expire. They will fill out their portion of the forms and send them to WI for certification.

Go to www.vue.com then to quick link and scroll down to the state your seeking certification in. I was also told from others here that I may not have to take a test to transfer my certificates. It depends on your medical work history and education. I hope this information helps you as it did me. If I can be of any further assistance please contact me again. Good luck.

Dianne

star in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Never thought that there was so much to trans ferring a C.N.A. certificate. For all that are interested and would consider relocating to N.D. the hospital there is hiring with pay for those of us with 10yrs. or more in C.N.A work history at $15.00 per hour and they pay relocation expenses.

wolflover in Leesburg, Florida

47 months ago

I am a CNA and would like to do private care. Does anyone have any info on how to go about this for legality purposes?

sjhilbourn in Natchitoches, Louisiana

45 months ago

star in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania said: Never thought that there was so much to trans ferring a C.N.A. certificate. For all that are interested and would consider relocating to N.D. the hospital there is hiring with pay for those of us with 10yrs. or more in C.N.A work history at $15.00 per hour and they pay relocation expenses.

i have been a cna for 7 years ,but im certified in louisiana, but willing to relocate will this still work for me and what is the price of living there?

amber942000 in Brooklyn, New York

43 months ago

Im considering of moving to Houston, my CNA certification is in NYC and just expired a few month ago, the hospital I worked for closed down just before my re-certification , Should I go to Houston and get my certification? or should I just renew here and apply for reciprocity? If I can apply for reciprocity, do i do it through Prometric?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.