CNA'S UNITE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

John Wolf in Jacksonville, Illinois

58 months ago

TO ALL EMPLOYERS OFFERING $8.50 AN HR. QUIT LOWBALLING THE HARDEST
WORKERS DOING THE NASTIEST JOBS IN OUR COUNTRY!!!

CNA'S, REFUSE TO WORK FOR SLAVE WAGES! ORGANIZE, WE DID, AND
GOT A DOLLER AN HR RAISE. MANAGEMENT THREATENED AND CRIED, BUT BY
LAW THEY NEED US. MUCH MORE THAN WE NEED THEM.

PEOPLE! DO YOU WANT A STRESSED OUT POVERTY STRICKEN CNA, PSYCHIATRIC AIDE, OR HHA WHO CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY HIS OR HER BILLS CARING FOR GRANDMA OR GRANDPA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angela Fenn in Salem, Oregon

55 months ago

I agree. John call or email me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anony in Warren, Michigan

52 months ago

I totally agree. It's ridiculous when you look for a CNA job and all you see is low paying salaries. CNA's work harder than the registered nurses and are more susceptible to catching diseases. I believe their should be a raise in salary because being a CNA is not easy. It take a strong person to do this job. To all the employers paying stupid salaries to your hard working CNA's, shame on your ass!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

John Wolf in Jacksonville, Illinois

39 months ago

We fought we won! With SIEU I ended up making $10.25 an hour.
75 cents an hour more than the average wage here.
Negotiate Fight Win!
I don't care if you join a union or not. But do work together!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joe in Alexandria, Virginia

38 months ago

John Wolf in Jacksonville, Illinois said: We fought we won! With SIEU I ended up making $10.25 an hour.
75 cents an hour more than the average wage here.
Negotiate Fight Win!
I don't care if you join a union or not. But do work together!

with all the work cna's do, they should be paid $20.00 an hour!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Abusing nursinghomes in Colorado Springs, Colorado

29 months ago

HELLO. TO ALL MARVELOUS CNAS. I USED TO WORK IN A NURSING HOME FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS. WHERE WE WORKED SHORT HAND. FROM THUR TO SUN. NO GLOVES HARDLY ANYTHING TO WORK TO DO MY JOB 50 RESIDENTS FOR TWO CNAS. AFTER TWO YEARS . I OPEND MY MOUTH. AND THEY FIRED ME. THEY TOLD ME IF YOU DONT LIKE IT WE HAVE A BIG STUCK OF APPLICATIONS.IT WAS SO UNFARE FOR THE RESIDENTS AND FOR US THE CNAS. THAT WAS LIKE IN THE MOVIES. BUT, THIS WAS A TERROR ONE.

29 months ago

continued from page[1]ANY WAY THEY MAKE A LOT MONEY WITH THOSE RESIDENTS. AND THEN THE NURSINGABUSINGHOME. PAY ME PACKET CHANGE............ WHAT A^&&^***^*^**.

Angie in Portland, Oregon

29 months ago

Abusing nursinghomes in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: HELLO. TO ALL MARVELOUS CNAS. I USED TO WORK IN A NURSING HOME FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS. WHERE WE WORKED SHORT HAND. FROM THUR TO SUN. NO GLOVES HARDLY ANYTHING TO WORK TO DO MY JOB 50 RESIDENTS FOR TWO CNAS. AFTER TWO YEARS . I OPEND MY MOUTH. AND THEY FIRED ME. THEY TOLD ME IF YOU DONT LIKE IT WE HAVE A BIG STUCK OF APPLICATIONS.IT WAS SO UNFARE FOR THE RESIDENTS AND FOR US THE CNAS. THAT WAS LIKE IN THE MOVIES. BUT, THIS WAS A TERROR ONE.

This is illegal, and wrong on so many levals you need to contact your local county, and report that, if you have any documentation at all would be very helpful in your case and cause. They can not legally fire you for that. Company's use this as a tactic relying on the fact that many people do not stand up out of fear, and use this well. You also need to contact the labor and industries, and the case workers. If you do not have documentation then if you can think back on times and dates then that would be more effective. You need to not only advocate for yourself but you also need to adovocate for your clients.....

29 months ago

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE POWER OF A NURSING HOME? I DID ALL WHAT YOU MENTION. AND YOU KNOW WHAT. YOU END UP LOOSING BECAUSE, YOU DONT HAVE A GOOD LAWYER OF SIDE. AND TO BUY ALL THE PEOPLE. TO SAY WHAT THEY WANT. OR THEY LOOSS THIR JOB. CAN YOU GO AGAINS THEM OF COURSE NOT. TRY IT ONE DAY? I HOPE NOT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

THANK YOU ANY WAY, FOR TRYING TO HELP ME OK?

johnwolf728 in Jacksonville, Illinois

29 months ago

If we don't fight for our rights nothing will change. Most CNA's are women, and look at the fight women gave for their equal rights. At one time women couldn't even vote! Nothing good is easy, stay strong.

29 months ago

HELLO YES INDDED. YOURE RIGHT. AM STILL LOOKING TO SEE IF I CAN DO SOMETHIG ABOUT. EVEN DO IS LIKE A MAFIA.? ONE DAY AM GONA BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT? BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR GOOD THOUGT. ........

FIGHT FOR CNA PAY in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

YES WE DO NEED TO FIGHT FOR BETTER PAY. CNA'S worldwide. Its sad to be working in a skilled facility the owner pulls up in a maybach and your being paid pennies and doing all the work of taking care of people barely able to pay rent and buy food and I mean BARELY! Living in a two bedroom shack with no tv because cable is a luxury. cellphone is your house phone sad. I'm just sayin! Fight FOR BETTTER PAY CNA'S NEED TO HAVE A TWO DAY WALK OUT! then they would really see who's doing all the work! CNA WALKOUT!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FIGHT FOR CNA PAY in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

John Wolf in Jacksonville, Illinois said: TO ALL EMPLOYERS OFFERING $8.50 AN HR . QUIT LOWBALLING THE HARDEST

CNA 'S, REFUSE TO WORK FOR SLAVE WAGES! ORGANIZE, WE DID, AND

PEOPLE! DO YOU WANT A STRESSED OUT POVERTY STRICKEN CNA, PSYCHIATRIC AIDE, OR HHA WHO CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY HIS OR HER BILLS CARING FOR GRANDMA OR GRANDPA?

your so right they need us. the rn and the vn are not going to do the work we do so unapppreciated and disrespected by all others in the healthcare world but it's not going to change unless we as cna's make the change! start standing up and letting them threatening us with our jobs and fight for decent pay. the garbage truck worker makes more money thenus the ones caring for peoples loved ones sad.. CNA WALKOUT DAY!

mjwjgenesis in Jackson, Mississippi

28 months ago

FIGHT FOR CNA PAY in Los Angeles, California said: your so right they need us. the rn and the vn are not going to do the work we do so unapppreciated and disrespected by all others in the healthcare world but it's not going to change unless we as cna's make the change! start standing up and letting them threatening us with our jobs and fight for decent pay. the garbage truck worker makes more money thenus the ones caring for peoples loved ones sad.. CNA WALKOUT DAY!

There needs to be a worlwide CNA walkout day because it is really bad in Jackson, MS

johnwolf728 in Jacksonville, Illinois

28 months ago

World Wide CNA walkout day is a great idea!!

frustrated cna in Wichita, Kansas

26 months ago

Abusing nursinghomes in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: continued from page[1]ANY WAY THEY MAKE A LOT MONEY WITH THOSE RESIDENTS. AND THEN THE NURSINGABUSINGHOME. PAY ME PACKET CHANGE............ WHAT A^&&^***^*^**.

Abusing my name is Sherri I used to work in coloradosprings I lived there 95-98 moved back to Wichita Ks I was wondering how are the jobs there someday would like to move back there.Have you heard anything about Terrace Gardens nursing home is that good I would like to hear back from you information on Coloradosprings co.

26 months ago

johnwolf728 in Jacksonville, Illinois said: World Wide CNA walkout day is a great idea!!

I AGREE WITH YOU JOHN ONLY PROBLEM THEY HAVE SO MANY CNAS THAT THEY CAN REPLACE US REAL EASY.

26 months ago

Abusing nursinghomes in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: HELLO. TO ALL MARVELOUS CNAS. I USED TO WORK IN A NURSING HOME FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS. WHERE WE WORKED SHORT HAND. FROM THUR TO SUN. NO GLOVES HARDLY ANYTHING TO WORK TO DO MY JOB 50 RESIDENTS FOR TWO CNAS. AFTER TWO YEARS . I OPEND MY MOUTH. AND THEY FIRED ME. THEY TOLD ME IF YOU DONT LIKE IT WE HAVE A BIG STUCK OF APPLICATIONS.IT WAS SO UNFARE FOR THE RESIDENTS AND FOR US THE CNAS. THAT WAS LIKE IN THE MOVIES. BUT, THIS WAS A TERROR ONE.

what facility did you work at i usto live in coloradosprings co.

LG in Phoenix, Arizona

24 months ago

John Wolf in Jacksonville, Illinois said: TO ALL EMPLOYERS OFFERING $8.50 AN HR . QUIT LOWBALLING THE HARDEST

I just got my CNA, for what it sucks I work for this home health care company, working like a slave, back hurting, wiping A--, Transferring clients from wheel chairs to beds,cooking, cleaning, dressing, bathing, making beds and washing clothes all for 8.50 hr I want to Quite. I can't even afford to go to the doctor for myself.Going to school for CNA was a joke on me, I would have been better off just staying a security officer. Arizona CNA

kansas in Wichita, Kansas

24 months ago

frustrated cna in Wichita, Kansas said: what facility did you work at i usto live in coloradosprings co.

namaste in coloradosprings co

Bevel in Memphis, Tennessee

12 months ago

John, you are not allowed to tell me due to hippa laws but I can imagine. I have worked the nursing homes in Jacksonville and they didn't pay much then and it seems they're not paying much now...Something is wrong with that pic. Needless to say I raced out of J'ville with the quickness and never to look back. Have you tried the State with the Mental Disabilities Patients? Or is it shut down, they used to pay a decent salary. It's been so long since I knew that little town so I'm sure all has changed. Well, John feel free to follow my blog and tell other CNA's about it: wp.me/3KVRw

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.