CNA STATE TEST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1002)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Whitney in Stevenson, Connecticut

81 months ago

Is the CNA state test hard.... I think the written test would be fine...but i dont know about the skills...kinda of nervous...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (660) / No (175) Reply - Report abuse

TinaGF@buffalo.com in Buffalo, New York

81 months ago

I took the nys cna test twice 5yrs ago and this year its easy if you pay attention in class!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (153) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

Chanel in Ormond Beach, Florida

81 months ago

I took the test about 6 days ago and I must say the written part was a lil harder than what I thought, but if you study and pay close attention in class you'll pass with flying colors just like i did!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (108) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Chasady in Rockford, Illinois

81 months ago

I took the test about a month ago and the written was fine for me, the skills I was a little nervous but I passed both, just study skills even the small ones cuz I prepared my self for hard ones and not easy ones and I got the easy ones, so make sure u study all of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Nunda, New York

79 months ago

Did you pass it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Sophia havan in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

how did the test look like, and what skill did u get

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (164) / No (48) Reply - Report abuse

frania gonzalez in Union City, California

79 months ago

please i need help this is my last chance to pass the tes written i need more practice more info i you now or have more exp.. please letme now email poisonjet@yahoo.com please some notes..... tanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (138) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

wilhelmina yeargin in Buffalo, New York

79 months ago

Whitney in Stevenson, Connecticut said: Is the CNA state test hard.... I think the written test would be fine...but i dont know about the skills...kinda of nervous... please email me at cuteeyez20@yahoo.com for some help thank u

hi my name is wilhelmina I just took the skill clinical test yes i was nervous but i did it i pass it saturday the key word is stay positive one mistake you will fail like instince i had to take the clinical test again because i didnt give fluids before feeding so they fail me and took it the second time and passed it.make sure you study real hard and give the patient privacy wash hands before and after and knock when enter the patient room.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (97) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Sylvia in Tracy, California

78 months ago

frania gonzalez in Union City, California said: please i need help this is my last chance to pass the tes written i need more practice more info i you now or have more exp.. please letme now email poisonjet@yahoo.com please some notes..... tanks

Hi, may I ask you, did you passed the test? Mine will be in 2 weeks, can you helm me with your experience? thank you such.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (99) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Raechel

78 months ago

I would like to take the test to be a CNA? I have done 2 years of nursing school and would like to know where I could take the test? Is there a website that gives all that information?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (240) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

Sylvia in Tracy, California

78 months ago

frania gonzalez in Union City, California said: please i need help this is my last chance to pass the tes written i need more practice more info i you now or have more exp.. please letme now email poisonjet@yahoo.com please some notes..... tanks

Hi, did you pass? what kind of questions did you had? please let me know thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (119) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

April in Orchard Park, New York

77 months ago

Its common sense both parts. Dont be nervous it was a breeze

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Maria

77 months ago

1the test is not hard. just fallow direccions. but,before the day look in your book. and play like you were a cna allready. take the blood pression to your family. the pulse.do repetitiones. how you can do it fast and better. remember Always carrie a clok w big numbers to test yourself. whow many minutes.your are takein to do everithing. good luck. MF

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Maria

77 months ago

TO ALL I JUST WANT TO WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO IT>BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. MF

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Betty Hodge in Fayetteville, North Carolina

76 months ago

I am curentiy taking C N A classes. Nervous about the test. Any advise please.. Will be Greatly appricated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Amina in Brooklyn, New York

76 months ago

I pass the practical part, and fail written test 2 times. I have only one more chance to take the written test again. I just wanna say that the written part is not easy as many of you might think. Thats why read the book and study hard.The guestions on the written tests are very treaky. So be very careful when choosing your answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (82) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

tracey smith in Broadway, North Carolina

76 months ago

Betty Hodge in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I am curentiy taking C N A classes. Nervous about the test. Any advise please.. Will be Greatly appricated.

whwere are you taking cna classes at? do you know if there, is a place that you can take the classes in three weeks are less? my e-mail address is tracey1977smith@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Betty Hodge in Whitetop, Virginia

76 months ago

Actualy I`m in Mtn. City TN & `i`m taking it In Johnson City TN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Casie in Castile, New York

76 months ago

Amina in Brooklyn, New York said: I pass the practical part, and fail written test 2 times. I have only one more chance to take the written test again. I just wanna say that the written part is not easy as many of you might think. Thats why read the book and study hard.The guestions on the written tests are very treaky. So be very careful when choosing your answers.

So what are you going to do next I have the same issue and i am scared to take it. Let me know about any new study material,. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

sashea in Dumas, Arkansas

76 months ago

TinaGF@buffalo.com in Buffalo, New York said: I took the nys cna test twice 5yrs ago and this year its easy if you pay attention in class!

I don't think the test is easy now.It was easy along time ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sashea in Dumas, Arkansas

76 months ago

Chanel in Ormond Beach, Florida said: I took the test about 6 days ago and I must say the written part was a lil harder than what I thought, but if you study and pay close attention in class you'll pass with flying colors just like i did!

I haven't took the test yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Lady from Connecticut-hartford in New Haven, Connecticut

76 months ago

Hi, i will like to know what kind a job we(CNA) are suppost to be doing?, I work with a patient that makes me do alot of job. I work 12 hours a day,I take only 1/2 hour break. I put him in standar machine, take him to therapy in the pool, make do excersis in the water with him. The last notice that he give yesterday is the he is going to use a bike to move his legs and now I have to learn how the bike work with him and i need to learn so I can go with him in the bike. This is part of my job? and I only get pay 11 dollars a hour. My back is starting to hurting for too much work. I need to know if this is part of my job ? or I need more information what types of jobs CNA's are suppost to do?. Thanks .. write me back with unswer to yani_usa2002@yahoo.com thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

heather in Charlotte, North Carolina

76 months ago

www.avanza education.org
orwww.promessor.org or y can type in the state that you or in for eg. www.north carolina certified nursing assistant free test sample

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

dana in Somerset, New Jersey

76 months ago

i just passed my skills and i go for my satate test in a couple days im not to nervous i heard it was easy from other aides that i work with

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tracey smith in Mamers, North Carolina

76 months ago

good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tracey smith in Mamers, North Carolina

76 months ago

Betty Hodge in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I am curentiy taking C N A classes. Nervous about the test. Any advise please.. Will be Greatly appricated.

were are you currently taking classes at? I would like to take the class but i have no time. Do you know anywhere that if you go to a nursing home were they do the cna classes themself but you have to sign a paper saying that whenever you finish you have to stay with them at least a year? if so please fillfree to contact me by e-mail thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Betty Hodge in Mouth Of Wilson, Virginia

76 months ago

I`m in Mountain City TN. I`m taking classes @my local Hosital, But any nursing home usually trains people because they need so many. Call your local nursing home if they aren`t giving them they can tell you where to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sarah in Grand Rapids, Michigan

76 months ago

hi my name is Sarah i know am going to do will on my skill to pass am more afraid to pass my test i took a pretest not to long ago and i got a 70% and i have to pass with a 75% your higher what should i do to get though extra points that i need so if you can help me in either why my email is sarjoe87@aol.com please help if you can

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

where did you take the pretest at your local falcity? is there any other pre test other than prometric out there? plzzz clock is goin to tickin i have til *09 to complete the states boards. they really should change this not to be cert. as nurse aid.. anyone agress???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Whitney in Stevenson, Connecticut said: Is the CNA state test hard.... I think the written test would be fine...but i dont know about the skills...kinda of nervous... please email me at cuteeyez20@yahoo.com for some help thank u

i knw in new york state wash your hands knock intro. urself,rom,and bp. it was on all of the peeps i took the course with...and of course pulse,those 3 are in bp,resiraption,pulse.then a throw in like brushin teeth and changin and foot care or nail practice all of them good luck, and take your time...did you take the written?
if so how did you pass?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie mayo in Yelm, Washington

75 months ago

You will do just fine,relax and try not to get to seriou about what you will do wrong.Think postion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOUR SKILLS ARE GOOD YOU SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO.ALWAYS THINK OF THE SAFTY OF PATIENT AND ALWAYS USE UNIVERVAL PERCAUTION.email(caaz61@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

renali said: I just started a 4wk program for CNA, and i have been on edge
it has been 31 years since my graduation from HS.I'm a milliner(millinery).my field is a dying,because of inports.

i'm trying to find on line a practice test course on the oral written and content outline.

This is my email adress?
what is email i ddnt get it here is mine budgiegal@msn.com
i could really use a boost from sme one other family mem's ya there is an oral you can take i ddnt knw that any info on it write me n if i find i would give it to you... well good luck...ttyl
casie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie mayo in Yelm, Washington

75 months ago

I TOOK AT STATE TEST,AFTER 12 YEARS,BUT I HAD TO PHYICAL BE THERE TO DO IT.GOOD LUICK!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Quotasha in Conyers, Georgia

75 months ago

Hey my name is Tasha and I want to Get my CNA but I need to know what to study and what I should know about the test because I am in high school and I have to get prepared for it, so if anybody is willing to to tell me then just e-mail me at Quotasha_Winkfield@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

renali

75 months ago

Casie in Castile, New York said:

Hi Case
Thank you for responding to me.
my email is meril50@verizon.net.
i would like the actual board practice exam.
is it avail.like the motor v, citisenship axm is avail on line.
Tank you renali

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

casie in Castile, New York

75 months ago

check out prometric

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sarah in Grand Rapids, Michigan

75 months ago

it's a practice test out of my books and the test that my teachers give me and it's always the one on line and they not to stress out about cause the more you stress the worst your going to do and the more your positive about the better your going to on your state test so i wish you luck and just remember don't stress about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

karen in Whitesboro, New York

74 months ago

i just to the cna test and failed the clinical my nerves got to me. i have to retake the test what kind of help can someone give to me i need to pass this time i know the material but when it comes to testing i am blank

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Betty Hodge in Mouth Of Wilson, Virginia

74 months ago

Remember the safty & dignity of the paient @ all times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

wilhelmina in Buffalo, New York

74 months ago

hello I took the clincals for the section time and pass remember to wash and berfor and make sure give patient privatecy and when feed give them drink befor u feed them make sure they swallow the food they look at that to have faith u can do it and i pass stay calm i did it u can to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Julianne Canada in Bedford, Indiana

74 months ago

I need to take the skills part of the test again. It has been a while since I took it before. Does anyone know how long you can wait to retest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

karen in Whitesboro, New York

74 months ago

i heard its from 2 weeks to 4 weeks the falicity has t owait till they get the written scores back i am in the same boat i need to take the clicial again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

casie in Castile, New York

74 months ago

i knw the written its up to 2 yrs., it may be the same for the clinica( not to sure) but sure w the written..Its going to be my last and I need to get stuff out of the way to take it again.
hope this help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lord in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

so i took the cna test 2 saturday's ago an i still haven't got the results its drivin me crazy!!! the skills test was easy jus study the book... but i'm not sure bout how i did on the written the judge for the skills test jus told me i did really good...
Good Luck to everyone taking it!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tonia in Fort Wayne, Indiana

74 months ago

i will start my cna class monday and i just wanted to know some of the things that is on the state exam test so that i can get a head start study on that skill or subject can someone tell me thanks you would be very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

karen in Utica, New York

74 months ago

in new york hand washing, privecy of the resident and what is best for them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

karen in Utica, New York

74 months ago

casie in Perry, New York said: did you check the registry if you are not in registry then you ddnt pass, best of luck well in new york you have up 3 chances.....i have my 3rd one lefted....

Casie i didn't check yet but i go and tuesday the 12th for metorring for the clinicial i asked if i didn't pass if i can have the written test orally and they said it will take a week or longer to be the registry its going to be a week tomorrow. good luck keep in touch karen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lord in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

when you get twords the end of the class there will be a test an almost everything that is on it is on the state test jus pay attentiion in class... an this is such an awesome class to take

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

lord in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

how do you check that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Savannah, Georgia

74 months ago

I passed my written and skills test yesterday and I'm so happy that I can finally relax! In GA you have 5 skills with 25 minutes to perform them. You won't know which skills you're getting until you are about to begin them. One of them is definitely handwashing but the other 4 can be anything from the handbook. The written part was pretty much common sense and not hard at all. If you do well on the classroom tests you will do well on the written test.

I was lucky to get skills that weren't time intensive or had too many steps. I had:

Handwashing (singing Happy Birthday slowly in your head really does help. In my book, the 15 second minimum is for the lather portion, not the whole handwashing, so be sure to lather for 15 seconds and then do the rinsing and drying portion - if that's how it is in your book)

ROM on one shoulder (be sure to ask your "patient" if they are feeling any discomfort and move the arm slowly and gently)

Count and record respirations (remember to wash hands before recording if your book lists it that way)

Dress affected right arm (remember to undress the strong arm first and to dress the weak arm first, guiding their arm through the shirt opening)

Give modified bed bath on face, one arm and underarm (remember not to use soap for the face and use a different area of the washcloth each time you clean and rinse)

For all skills be sure to announce that the call light is within reach, bed is in lowest position, side rails are up when you leave resident, privacy curtains are used and opened at end, announce when you would wash your hands for each procedure (in my state you don't have to keep washing them after the initial handwashing skill but you do have to announce from then on when you would wash them, which will always be before starting a procedure and right after finishing one)

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.