CNA STATE TEST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1001)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

karen in Utica, New York

79 months ago

i passed the written test of the cna for new york state. got the results in the mail today i took it last friday. now if i can only pass the clinical part of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Betty Hodge in Aiken, South Carolina

79 months ago

any large hospital Or nurning home can tell you where to take the classes. The books can be checked out in the hospital library. I am In TN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Naomi Butler in Flint, Michigan

79 months ago

I need to find a place to take my state test to be a CNA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

karen in Utica, New York

79 months ago

yes therre is an oral test you have to get ahold of promtric to find out some of the quesstions will be in there. i thought that i needed the oral but i pass the written test now i am waiting on the clincial part .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

karen in Utica, New York

79 months ago

naomi- get a hold of you state department of health for the nursing home nurse aide certification hand book , in the back there is a list where to go and the cost. karen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

annette in New York, New York

79 months ago

Thanks, for me, the written test is easy. It's the clinical portion that i am worried about since the skills might have changed since 2005. Does anyone knows if this is the case? Thanks you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kendra in Rogers, Arkansas

79 months ago

i want to know what i got on my states test because if i get 3 100's than i get to skip the third one.thank you,

Kendra

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

casie in Perry, New York

79 months ago

thanx i passesd the clinical part just dnt have enough courage to take the test right now..

ann in New York, New York

78 months ago

unfortunately, you have to be able to show certification especially in new york

claudia cora in cohoes, New York

78 months ago

Amina in Brooklyn, New York said: I pass the practical part, and fail written test 2 times. I have only one more chance to take the written test again. I just wanna say that the written part is not easy as many of you might think. Thats why read the book and study hard.The guestions on the written tests are very treaky. So be very careful when choosing your answers.

I too failed the written twice very frustrated and tricky..Any websites where i can get a sample written exam..Hey did you pass?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Danville, California

78 months ago

Can you do the written examination first and then the practical later on in the year? Is there a time limit?

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

In new york, you have 2 years to finish both but rules sates that you have to do pratical 1st.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lauren walker in Essex, Maryland

78 months ago

Hi, I want to get my cna..how much do they pay in md? can a cna make 15 in md?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

Amina in Brooklyn, New York said: I pass the practical part, and fail written test 2 times. I have only one more chance to take the written test again. I just wanna say that the written part is not easy as many of you might think. Thats why read the book and study hard.The guestions on the written tests are very treaky. So be very careful when choosing your answers.

Very sympathetically true point you made there about the cna written exam.

I got so nervous after failing the written which I always thought I passed even when I took the practices that I waited 1 year extra without taking it again. Then after constantly hustling to get more money in my bank account from all of these retail jobs that I tried and planned to work at I realized that I only had a few months left until my time to pass the written exam is all over.

I think the written exam is harder than the practical. Just like you said. Those questions are much harder than most may think because they are very tricky. Now I am just studying as much as I possibly can for it which is on April 12, 2008. Tell me how you did or are doing so far with the written exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

dana in Somerset, New Jersey said: i just passed my skills and i go for my satate test in a couple days im not to nervous i heard it was easy from other aides that i work with

Honestly, it really is not as easy as it may seem while you're done taking it and even while you're actually answering its questions.

I don't know how the heck I will pass but I'm going to just give it my very best. None of us want to regret.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

My oh my.

The years sure fly by with the quickness.

And there are just way too many people on here who need help becoming a cna that are being ignored. That is known as negligence!

Now be a nice person and reasonably help these people pass those damn cna state board exams so that they can finally move on with their own financial lives already!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

Because 1199 is a great union to be associated with.

A great union with a very generous benefit for those who are already cna's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

Time always moves at such a very deceptively slow rate.

And that is the main thing that crazes and amazes me about the passing away of time...

grace in Gainesville, Florida

78 months ago

renali1 said: Hi Tasha
also try the Thomson Prometric( www.prometric.com/nurseaide )
it helped me alot,i got 100 on my midterm thenks to them and Case.Good Luck!

hi!.i did go on this website but it says Enter the Keycode for the Private Test. they didn't even show a practice test?... do you know the key?..
my exam is on april 20,2008

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

casie in Perry, New York

78 months ago

go 2 ur state then under relese form there is practice test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

karen in Utica, New York said: i passed the written test of the cna for new york state. got the results in the mail today i took it last friday. now if i can only pass the clinical part of it.

hi! just want to ask if you know a free site Cna practice test..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

renali1 said: Hi Tasha
also try the Thomson Prometric( www.prometric.com/nurseaide )
it helped me alot,i got 100 on my midterm thenks to them and Case.Good Luck!

yah i did that i go on that website i go to my state.. actually I alrealdy memorize those practice test but then when I first take my real test. I did'nt pass.. there's some that is not on the test.. do u know any other site a free site that I can practice?

i would really appreciate..

78 months ago

Mary Anne765 in Tallahassee, Florida said: Hi Tasha,
Go to WWW.prometric.com/nueseaide
Go to pre-test, copy test.
Good Luck, And May God Bless Us All
Mary Anne @
teacup4us@yahoo.com

i di practice the pre-test.. I almost memorize it.. but then in the test I failed.. do you know other site that I can practice?.. my nxt test will be on april 20 at express training..

I will really appreciate youre help..

raylynn

78 months ago

i am getting ready to take my big test and i a very nervous it has been 8 months since i took the class i think i am going to pass the writen but i am sooooo scared i am going to fail the skills.. i need to pass the test the first time because i cant go back to work until then. anyone have any helpful suggestions please.. and thank you sooo much... e-mail me @ raylakay@yahoo.com

ann in New York, New York

78 months ago

the best advice i can give you is to pretend that the examiner is there and focus intently on the skill at hand...also, i am suppose to take my recertification casue my license lapse 2 yrs ago...do you know if the skills have been modified? thank you.. and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Im done doing the clinical test and I pass. my prob. is I have to retake the writen because that's what i failed.. I want to know other site that I can practice

kristina in Armstrong, Iowa

78 months ago

ya i going to take the test on friday and im not going to pass i been reading my book and other things and looking at my note book like every day

78 months ago

believe in your mind that you will pass otherwise it makes no sense you even make an attempt. you wil pass

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

grace in Gainesville, Florida said: Im done doing the clinical test and I pass. my prob. is I have to retake the writen because that's what i failed.. I want to know other site that I can practice

Same here. I have my written coming up this Saturday April 12, 2008. This is my very last and final attempt too.

I finally found somebody who could give me the web address that has the real cna written exam questions.

The only thing is that there are only 50 questions to answers and that's it. I got about 7 wrong and it took me 1 and 1/2 hrs to finish. 2 hrs is the max. Anyway I'm gonna go and try finding some more real cna written exam questions to answer.

Here's the first cna test website that I found.

Go there----> www.prometric.com/nurseaide/ny

Then click on the "Nursing Home Nurse Aide Certification Practice test" link.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

Sorry about that Grace. I just found out that you've already been there. oh well. I can't find anymore sites like that one in particular. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to keep on searching.

And hopefully this time around you and I will have a very successful April 20th, 2008 and April 12, 2008. You and I will both pass. Yes we will both finally pass that damn cna written exam and officially be known as cna's by the state!

I hope... I really do hope for the best...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

I don't know if the clinical skills have changed but I do know that the test cancellation and rescheduling rules have changes.

We will finally succeed this time around. I know we will.

I just hope that my answers will mostly agree with my positive outlook on the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

I meant to ask how many skills are now there on the clinical test...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Grace in Gainesville, Florida

78 months ago

annette in New York, New York said: I meant to ask how many skills are now there on the clinical test...

total of 5 but
their your only performing 3 skills.
the other 2 skills. is handwashing & indirect care.

the proctor will pick the 3 skills for u.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

I found another very useful and helpful website. And at the last minute too. Now that I only have approximately 5 hours left to go take and pass that cna written exam.

www.dandsdiversifiedtech.com/cgi-bin/WebPractice/test?TestType=itest&StateAbbrv=NA&current=1/

www.hdmaster.com

The first site will give your questions immediately and the second site is where I found them. They only give you 10 though.

You can find a lot more stuff like that through the search engine if you type in "things to know on the cna written exam" or "things to know on the cna clinical" exam". You can watch videos that show you how to perform any of the procedures that they may give you on the clinical too.

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

The first site won't work.

So just click on the second one and when you get there then on the left you should see what you want. It says 10 questions and they also have question of the day and there is other helpful information to find on that site too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Leah in Madison, Wisconsin

78 months ago

has anyone in Madison Wisconsin taken the state CNA exam yet. I have to take it in 4-6 weeks. I heard that they give you a full year to re take the section if.. you fail. Whomever took the Madison test please email me about the skills section starrfillednights2007@yahoo.com.

SFC in Charlotte, North Carolina

78 months ago

I moved from CA where I initially got my CNA. I now live in Charlotte NC and took my NC CNA test recently. I passed my written but made one mistake on my skills portion of the test so now I have to retake the skills part. Can anyone tell me if I will have to perform all skills again or just the one I failed?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kristina in Armstrong, Iowa

78 months ago

its hard i took it an did not pass i got a 66
im going to take it over just study study an study its harder then i would had said

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

raylynn

78 months ago

ok heres the thang i cant find anything about taking a pretest for the state of colorado which is where i am taking my state exam on the 25 and if anyone can help me with my problem please let me know and i an also affraid i am going to bomb the test badly and also if any one can give me a few tips on how to pass i would appriciate it!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kelli pabone in Honeoye Falls, New York

78 months ago

Joni in Venice, Florida said: I am taking my test tomorrow morning and I am a lil nervous with the skills. I know that I will padd the written with no problem, and I know how to do my skills I just have bad Performance anxeity and I dont want that to mess me up. So, I am going to like every web site and printing out all of the practice exams and downloarding all practice videos to see how other people do... It is very interesting and common sence!

i did my test on monday i to have performance anxeity i did everything right until rom left side forgot to turn my butt around and did the right side and failed if not for that i would have passed make sure you talk loud enough if they dont they gig you on that to im trying to find out if i passed my written they will not let me go a second time until i get that good luck look at it as takeing your drivers test its a state test you will do fine

78 months ago

Chasady in Rockford, Illinois said: I took the test about a month ago and the written was fine for me, the skills I was a little nervous but I passed both, just study skills even the small ones cuz I prepared my self for hard ones and not easy ones and I got the easy ones, so make sure u study all of them.

i just did my written i think it wasnt so bad would have passed my skills but got so nervice and forgot to turn my buutt around so it would be my left side i was doing rom on left side and failed i feel like a nar nar

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

frania gonzalez in Union City, California said: please i need help this is my last chance to pass the tes written i need more practice more info i you now or have more exp.. please letme now email poisonjet@yahoo.com please some notes..... tanks
slow down your stressing yourself out and thats not going to help you at all go to the book store and ask the for a practice cna work book that is what i did read whats in the book and do the questions then look in the back of the book to check your answers this will help good luck

78 months ago

i just failed my skill test on rom because i was so nervice i forgot to turn around to make my left my right to do rom on left side i feel like a nar nar

Leah in Madison, Wisconsin

78 months ago

I too think .. that the CNA requirements should be changed. Nurses should then have to for sure.. take a skills exam by the state. Its scary how the state thinks. Also.. I think, it seems like a money maker by the state, because we spend money to take the class, pass the class and the tests and clinicals and that is not enough? Then.. we pay alot to take both all over again, and if we fail or.. how many times, the state makes all this money. I think.. the state should not ask us to pay at all, since we passed the class and our clinicals in class. "Its A Big Time.. Money Maker" Unlike nurses.. who can kill someone... why are they exempt?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RIA in Norwalk, California

78 months ago

hi, will be taking my BIG CNA test this saturday. i feel prepared but im nervous . my cna instructor says that since there will be lots of people testing saturday, (there are 17 of us during the day and 18 in the evening class) the testers will only choose skills that are about 1 minute long. I'm sure tho everyone will demonstrate handwashing. im just afraid of B/P and ROM. Wish me luck. =)

casie in Perry, New York

78 months ago

good luck yea b/p respiration pulse n rom weree mine i passed clincal but not written

tiffany in kittrell, nc in Concord, North Carolina

78 months ago

hi my name is tiffany i am getting ready to take my state test next saturday and to be honest i am nervous. i have done my clincials and did workbase in a hospital doing the same thing. i do like it and i really want to be a cna. and yes i have been reading and checking over the things i need help with and reading the purple book that helps me pass my lab i just really hope i can pass. so my question is what do i need to do to pass??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

It's always a random list of procedures that you will have to do. Regardless if you've already passed some of them or not.

I just cannot figure out how you and others passed the written before the clinical. That is so ironic.

I guess only some people would agree with me that the written is harder to pass than the clinical.

And just like the clinical they grade you according to how many you got right or wrong in each section/procedure of the test. I never knew that until recently.

I also found out that now you have to get a 90 or more in order to pass the written. The requirement of passing the written used to be an 80 or more.

I already kicked myself in the ass for waiting too long to attempt to finish up my state board written exam. OUch!!! it hurts. it really does hurt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

78 months ago

And you're right about these nursing organizations being big time money makers Leah.

Very few cna/any nursing places out there you can go to for free or that offers a very reasonable price to pay to become a cna.

Seems to me that the financial cost of becoming a nurse aide and the requirements of passing the written and clinical have gotten just a little too ridiculously demanding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yelena in Charlotte, North Carolina

78 months ago

I have sent my application on April 1st and didn't receive yet any letter telling about the test. How soon I'll get the test scheduled. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.