CNA STATE TEST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 1003)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Strive4PureSuccess

75 months ago

kristina in Armstrong, Iowa said: its hard i took it an did not pass i got a 66
im going to take it over just study study an study its harder then i would had said

Hey do you have an aol sn? Mine is TheWeakDeceives. What's yours?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tiffany in kittrell, nc in Concord, North Carolina

75 months ago

i do have a aol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Delores Mckenzie in Atlanta, Georgia

75 months ago

I took my cna exam, passed the written, but failed the sills, ran out of time, any advice, I must retake the skills part again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Dains in Strong City, Kansas

75 months ago

i know its not much help since i live all the way in kansas but i just got done with my classes and clinicals and it was a breeze...our class and clinicals together were only 14 days long. i take my state test monday so ill let you know how i did. this is the first time the teacher made the class 14 days long. its usually 3 weeks. but if you feel like traveling then come on down and give it a try.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Irene in Port Orange, Florida

75 months ago

Chanel in Ormond Beach, Florida said: I took the test about 6 days ago and I must say the written part was a lil harder than what I thought, but if you study and pay close attention in class you'll pass with flying colors just like i did!

Hi Chanel,I am studying for the CNA test,but now I do not know where to go to take the test DBCC does not do the testing anymore.If you know where I can get tested please let me know,I am not ready yet still have some more studying to do.Thank you for any help that you can give me.Irene
my e-mail Irene905s@msn.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RIA in Norwalk, California

75 months ago

I took the cna state test and passed with flying colors. although, 2 of my classmates did not pass the skill. they both were tested on pulse but one couldnt find it because he was so nervous and the other got counted too fast and was 6 beats too much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lori

75 months ago

Betty Hodge in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I am curentiy taking C N A classes. Nervous about the test. Any advise please.. Will be Greatly appricated.

Im trying to find a school in or close to fayetteville NC to get my CNA cert. I just moved here from IN. I have worked as a CNA before in IN, but i need to be recert. Where can i go to get mt cert.

Thank you,
Lori

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BeaDaNurse in Ocala, Florida

75 months ago

You can pass the test -- IF you pay attention in class, PRACTICE YOUR SKILLS, and study.

If you wanted to become a concert pianist, you would not simply listen in class and then attempt a recital without first practicing by actually playing the piano. The same goes for passing the CNA test. Practicing the hands-on skills are the key to passing the clinical portion.

Written:
1) Take the tests in the back of each chapter in your book.
2) Take practice tests whenever possible (online, the testing company itself, and at libraries).
3) Read each question carefully. Be sure you read EVERY word in the question & list of answers. NEVER change an answer, unless you are absolutely sure you know that you made a mistake on it.

Clinical:
1) RELAX!
2) STUDY & PRACTICE the skills as listed in the candidate bulletin available online. Study them step-by-step (including knocking and introducing yourself). Make it 2nd nature. Buddy up with a partner. I find 3 people in a study group is best. One person looks at the clinical skills list, one person plays the resident/patient and the other person is the CNA.

ALWAYS:
1) Maintain standard precautions/infection control.
2) Respect resident rights (offer choices, respect privacy).
3) Practice safety at all times.

If you make mistakes in these 3 key areas, you are much more likely to fail.

Best wishes to everyone & good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tiffany in Concord, North Carolina

75 months ago

u can go to wake tech community college...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lori

75 months ago

How long is the couse for

Ray in Bronx, New York

75 months ago

Lady from Connecticut-hartford in New Haven, Connecticut said: Hi, i will like to know what kind a job we(CNA) are suppost to be doing?, I work with a patient that makes me do alot of job. I work 12 hours a day,I take only 1/2 hour break. I put him in standar machine, take him to therapy in the pool, make do excersis in the water with him. The last notice that he give yesterday is the he is going to use a bike to move his legs and now I have to learn how the bike work with him and i need to learn so I can go with him in the bike. This is part of my job? and I only get pay 11 dollars a hour. My back is starting to hurting for too much work. I need to know if this is part of my job ? or I need more information what types of jobs CNA's are suppost to do?. Thanks .. write me back with unswer to yani_usa2002@yahoo.com thanks again

How you dont know what are you supposed to do lol...am a CNA student in NY and yes you are supposed to do that, thats why its better to work as a CNA in hospitals, not private or Nursing homes . those old peoplezz with drive you crazy another option its working for pediatrics, check there's a lot of places better than your client to work.....so dont waste your time , learning how to bike start looking for a better oportunity or take the phlebotomy class then you can work at a lab. taking blood samples it pays 20 an hr...oh well grown grow.......always

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Elena in Charlotte, North Carolina

75 months ago

Yes., I did this work for 8 years and for less than $11/h until I've got my back hearth. Now I cannot do that again. A lot of responsibilities for only 11$/h max.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Chelmsford, Massachusetts

75 months ago

Can I take a cna test without going to these stupied cna classes? where do i find the requirments to take the cna test. please advise.

Thank you so much!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Freight Advisor in Greenfield, Tennessee

75 months ago

Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ruth Joseph in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

do anybody knows where u can work in new york w/o the state license?

dorothywilliams in Columbus, Georgia

75 months ago

n/a

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cristie in Brewerton, New York

75 months ago

im scheduled to take the written test tuesday the 6 and the skills test the 16, im really really nervous about it.. i keep trying to find places on line that have practice test and so on.. do you know of any sites??????????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SHARON in Far Rockaway, New York

75 months ago

Amina in Brooklyn, New York said: I pass the practical part, and fail written test 2 times. I have only one more chance to take the written test again. I just wanna say that the written part is not easy as many of you might think. Thats why read the book and study hard.The guestions on the written tests are very treaky. So be very careful when choosing your answers.

GIRL,I TOOK THE PRACTICL,4-28-08 THAT MONDAY at 3:35pm 75 QUESTIONS AND FELL WENT THAT WENSDAY I PASS NOW 5-13-08 IS CLINICAL SKILLS I AM SO SCARED THAT I MA FELL,BUT KEEP HOPE A-L-I-V-E

SHARON in Far Rockaway, New York

75 months ago

hello,i took the practiacl pass the second time, now i have to do the sssskillll i am ssssscared to death,its two things im shaky about perineal care female and is it true not to touch the foot of the bed when rolling up and down the bed do you have toreally keeptalking to the resident when giving care PLEASE SOME ONE HHHHHHELP MEEEE,I TAKE CLINICAL5-13-08 AT 2:30/5:00pm

Brittany in Vero Beach, Florida

75 months ago

Chanel in Ormond Beach, Florida said: I took the test about 6 days ago and I must say the written part was a lil harder than what I thought, but if you study and pay close attention in class you'll pass with flying colors just like i did!

I take my test this Thursday,May 8th!

Rachel T in West Rockport, Maine

75 months ago

I am ceritified in Maine and am moving to Canada in the fall. Can I use my license in Canada or do I need to take the course or test all over again when I get there? I really need to find this out asap! Thank you! :)

cheryl dykes in rhine, Georgia

74 months ago

hello iam about to take the cna certification test i would like to no more about the test is it the writing part hard or the skills portion.

Michelle in Appleton, Wisconsin

74 months ago

cheryl dykes in rhine, Georgia said: hello iam about to take the cna certification test i would like to no more about the test is it the writing part hard or the skills portion.

I found the written part to be much easier than the skills portion. I was so very nervous the first time that I failed the skills test. I retook it a month or so later and passed but I was still incredibly nervous, I was surprised that I passed. This was 5 years ago so I am no sure how things may have changed. I am trying now to get out of this line of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yelena in Charlotte, North Carolina

74 months ago

I diside also get out of this work line. I have completely damaged my spine-back. So much trouble for a little money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Strive4PureSuccess

74 months ago

Yelena in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I diside also get out of this work line. I have completely damaged my spine-back. So much trouble for a little money.

Maybe due to poor body mechanics. I don't blame you at all though for wanting to leave the nursing field.

What would your other occupation be if you don't me asking?

Strive4PureSuccess

74 months ago

Too dekcuf up to care anymore, huh? Yeah I don't blame you for that either.

But the consequences we will still always have to be paid for regardless of worn out we may feel about and from all the tihs that we've been through.

I spelled two words backwards. SEe if you can find out which words those are. heheh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LISA GIBBS in WATERFORD, Michigan

74 months ago

I HAVE JUST COMPLETED MY CLINICALS AND HAVE 3 MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL BEFORE I GET MY CERTIFICATE. I AM REALLY NERVOUS ABOUT THE STATE EXAM. IN MICHIGAN AS ANYONE HEARD HOW LONG THE WAIT IS BEFORE YOU TAKE THE TEST AND IS THERE ANYWHERE YOU CAN WORK IN MICHIGAN WITHOUT THE STATE LICENSE? I FEEL I NEED MORE HANDS ON PRACTICE MY COURSE WAS ONLY 10 WEEKS LONG AND 6 DAYS OF CLINICAL.

grace in Alexandria, Virginia

74 months ago

kelli pabone in Honeoye Falls, New York said: i just did my written i think it wasnt so bad would have passed my skills but got so nervice and forgot to turn my buutt around so it would be my left side i was doing rom on left side and failed i feel like a nar nar

I have to take my test very soon, not sure what you are talking about turn my but around and all, can you explain.
Cumberland, Va

cheryl dykes in rhine, Georgia

74 months ago

I wish i could help you but i have not took the test before. i will be taking the test in july sore

Soon2B in Dubuque, Iowa

74 months ago

According to OBRA, there is a minimum 75-hour class requirement in addition to the state test to be certified. There are CMA's (Certified Medical Assistants) in my class (with 2 years of education and higher skills under their belts) who need to complete the 75-hour class before they can be certified. I understand that one can 'challenge' the test (take it without taking classes), but I'm not sure what is involved in meetin the OBRA requirement for the min. 75-hours...

Andrew in Chelmsford, Massachusetts said: Can I take a cna test without going to these stupied cna classes? where do i find the requirments to take the cna test. please advise.

Thank you so much!!

grace mappala in Medford, Oregon

74 months ago

im scheduled to take the test on jul. 19, 2008 in medford or. is there another test sooner than that in oregon? how do i check the site and date availability?

grace in Alexandria, Virginia

73 months ago

Not sure, I'm in VA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dreambig_08 in mt airy, North Carolina

73 months ago

I am taking my CNA test this Saturday in Wilkes county, NC. I do not fell prepared enough to take the skills part of the test. When ever you get in and you have to do the 5 skills when you finish one skill do you just say done to the evaluator or do they know. I guess i am asking how do you transition from one skill to another. Also how do you do on ted hose(stockings) and making an occupied bed, and rom or should and knee and foot. Can any one help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Marina in Joliet, Illinois

73 months ago

Sylvia in Tracy, California said: Hi, did you pass? what kind of questions did you had? please let me know thank you

There are calcaultions on it about concerting cc's and then about nurses asssitants and stretchers. I took my test yesterday and it was hard. study your book is all that i can say to you. I did the test on line and it was nothing at all like that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

dreambig_08 in mt airy, North Carolina said: I am taking my CNA test this Saturday in Wilkes county, NC. I do not fell prepared enough to take the skills part of the test. When ever you get in and you have to do the 5 skills when you finish one skill do you just say done to the evaluator or do they know. I guess i am asking how do you transition from one skill to another. Also how do you do on ted hose(stockings) and making an occupied bed, and rom or should and knee and foot. Can any one help

Does anyone have the website that I can go to get do a practice written exam. I live in Illinois and we only have to tak the written part which is 85 questions multiple choice. Please help. I took my test yesterday 06/13/08 and I know in my heart that I failed it. PLEASE HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

PAT in Fort Worth, Texas

73 months ago

tracey smith in Broadway, North Carolina said: whwere are you taking cna classes at? do you know if there, is a place that you can take the classes in three weeks are less? my e-mail address is tracey1977smith@yahoo.com

MURSES AID ACADEMY,
211W PLEASANT RUN
LANCASTER TX 75146
970-709-1344

73 months ago

Is there anybody out there from the Michigan area that can tell me if the test is hard and how long does it take til you receive the paper saying when your test will be? I am just curious how much time you have to prepare for it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

PAT in Fort Worth, Texas said: MURSES AID ACADEMY,
211W PLEASANT RUN
LANCASTER TX 75146 3 months
970-709-1344

I just finished taking classes at highschool and it took me 3 months and i worked woth some girls that went to surry community college, they took the allied health science program that they offer and they said it took them 10 weeks

73 months ago

I took the class at Baker College in Auburn Hills and it was a 10 week course and only 6 3 1/2 hour days of clinicals. But I heard at red cross it is only 2 weeks but 8 hours a day. I also read it was 2 weeks somewhere else too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

cindy in Liberty, Texas

73 months ago

hi i am CNA student and i want to know about the state exam will be on friday this week..im nervous i dont wanna fail again coz last time our written i failed..pls give me advice thank you so much..just email me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

robin thompson in Athens, Georgia

73 months ago

Whitney in Stevenson, Connecticut said: Is the CNA state test hard.... I think the written test would be fine...but i dont know about the skills...kinda of nervous...

dont be nervous i took the test not even a month ago the written part is very easy so are the skills justy remember to put your gloves on and wash your hands all the time just remember that and have confidence..

robin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Make sure you study how to convert ounces and remember once you get the total number of ounces used for the shift if there is a question on the exam like there was on mine about what the total % was for the patient intake and output was take the total number of ounces and divide that number by 3. Also study your book. There are questions on the exam that ask about CNA's and stretchers and the how it should be done. STUDY STUDY STUDY your book. I took mine here in Illinois on 06/13/08 and just found out last friday that I passed. It is hard I won't sugar coat it. Alot of it is common sense too. Just read the each question carefully and if you start to run out time and have questions left then guess. Remember that your first thought out of your mind for your answer to the question is most likely the correct answer. Don't overthink the questions and put yourseof in the situation as a CNA and yu should be fine. Gets lots of rest before hand and eat breakfast if you can before the test. Stay away from caffine cause caffine will give you the shakes and make you more nervous. GOOD LUCK and I know you will pass this time. E-mail me when you are done @mkartsounes05@yahoo.com :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Saco, Maine

73 months ago

SHARON in Far Rockaway, New York said: hello,i took the practiacl pass the second time, now i have to do the sssskillll i am ssssscared to death,its two things im shaky about perineal care female and is it true not to touch the foot of the bed when rolling up and down the bed do you have toreally keeptalking to the resident when giving care PLEASE SOME ONE HHHHHHELP MEEEE,I TAKE CLINICAL5-13-08 AT 2:30/5:00pm

Well I'm Almost Done My Clinicals And I've Found It Alot Easier To Tell Them Everything Before You Do It It Makes Them Feel Better To

Lisa in Southfield, Michigan

73 months ago

You have to take a state exam once you are done with your class. I believe your clinicals are part of your course at least mine was. I am scheduled to take my state exam on August 4th. From what I have heard it is part knowledge/written and nursing skills I believe there are 5 skills you could be tested on from what I have heard. Hope this helps you. I know I am really nervous too more about the skills than knowledge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I took my cna test june 21 and I passed the written and the skills. For me it was pretty easy. I had like 2 hours to take the written part of the test and i only needed an hour. The written part of the test was all basically common knowledge. Just read the questions carefully and my test had it where 2 answers could have been right but then i had to choose the best one. Then on the skills part of the test, I had 30 min. to do 5 skills. They were 1. hand washing, that is the 1 that everyone as to do no matter what. 2. Blood pressure, everyone has to do some sort of vital. 3. range of motion on the knee and ankle, be careful with this one and if you get it make sure to ask the pt. if they are in pain. 4. put on one elastic stocking, just put on a stocking, its not all that hard. and 5. position pt. on the side, make sure to use supports where need be.
Good luck and hope this helps... Good luck Make sure that you always wash your hands and give pt call light when done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I also was called for interview at a Nursing Home 7 mins from my home. I have to call Monday to set up my day and interview time.

Thomas Lee in Fort Myers, Florida

73 months ago

I was raised in St. Louis and my uncle Ralph lived in Joliet when I was young. Are you on the Mississipi? The flooding up there is unbeleiveable!

73 months ago

No I live in Joliet, IL. I know the flooding is unbelievable everywhere

Bianca Biaer in Cortez, Colorado

73 months ago

I have taken the cna and med prep classes and i would like to know were is the closet place where i could take the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marina Kartsounes in Chicago, Illinois

73 months ago

There isn't a score or how many you can miss its either pass or fail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.